Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The fourth movie just feels like it was there to get the rest of the backstory out of the way, including this bit with not-kotomine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Doesn't Saber get iced less than halfway through HF?
Yeah HF is the best route.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The trailer for movie 5 looks good, so of will watch the fifth movie now

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

What the gently caress is going on

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Namtab posted:

What the gently caress is going on

the fifth movie

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Yeah Paradox Spiral is great. Though admittedly I'm still not sure what Araya's whole experiment deal actually does, other than "it's magic". Since it's Nasu I guess I just missed some technobabble about the Akashic records or something.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Life came up, so I will be reacting to more than the first 5 mins of movie 5 tomorrow

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Namtab posted:

Life came up, so I will be reacting to more than the first 5 mins of movie 5 tomorrow

Spiral Paradox is the best movie because it has Shiki Touko doing what she does best. :getin:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

AlternateNu posted:

Spiral Paradox is the best movie because it has Shiki Touko doing what she does best. :getin:

Really they're both the best.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
5 is probably the most memorable KnK movie but I also really, really like Future Gospel.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Namtab posted:

Third movie was better than this
I personally agree. I really didn't like the Fourth Movie first time I saw it, so I was super surprised when my friend said it pulled the whole thing together for her and allowed her to understand Shiki's character. From that perspective, I can see it as possibly being necessary for the meta-story, but if you don't need that crutch it comes off as dull.

Movie 5 is basically universally considered The Best. It's great.

Nate RFB posted:

5 is probably the most memorable KnK movie but I also really, really like Future Gospel.
I love Future Gospel because it does what any good sequel* should do, in my opinion. That is, answer a question that you didn't find necessary in the original, but still completes the story.

I also like F/HA for a similar reason.

*I'm not sure how the hell the novels worked but it sure as hell feels like a sequel epilogue thing to the 7 movie series.

Twiddy fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 30, 2015

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I feel as though nothing would have been lost if movies 2 and 4 were one movie

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

new images from Tsukihime remake.

Shiki.

Arihiko

New character, the teacher "Noel".

some backgrounds (with the Tohno Mansion).

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Arihiko looks like he's about to eat somebodies lunch.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
Hopefully Type-Moon now has another teacher that steals every scene she's in.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Why would you show us Shiki and not show him without his glasses too

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Did Arihiko intentionally cut his uniform short or something? Also Shiki looks like the protag from Persona 5, which is good since it means at least he doesn't look like the long lost twin of Mikiya anymore.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pureauthor posted:

Why would you show us Shiki and not show him without his glasses too

He's going to have some P5 protag level faces when those glasses come off and they need to save that for the money shot.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Beef Chief posted:

Arihiko looks like he's about to eat somebodies lunch.

Kuwabara with no pompadour.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Manyorcas posted:

Hopefully Type-Moon now has another teacher that steals every scene she's in.
That was my exact thought, I'm hype for the idea of them possibly putting Taiga into Tsukihime.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
She kind of looks like an Aozaki.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

She kind of looks like an Aozaki.
Calling it now, she's Aoko in disguise.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

She will die or turn out to be evil.

Shiki looks great, there's something off about Arihiko's proportions I can't put my finger on.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Rodyle posted:

She will die or turn out to be evil.

Shiki looks great, there's something off about Arihiko's proportions I can't put my finger on.

I think his legs are too long.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Shiki's hair is so fluffy, I want to fluff his hair.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Oh good, Shiki has actual glasses now instead of weird wire frame things.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I think it is telling that of all the characters only Hisui and Kohaku have not changed in any way. This is because they were already perfect

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Aumanor posted:

I think his legs are too long.

I think I know what it is that's actually weird: it's that he's the one that looks most like Old Takeuchi.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
shiki lookin' like the teacher from euphonium

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Man, the background art is great. I won't lie though, the old stuff where they had to make do with filtered photographs and color tints had its own charm, but it really warms my heart to see all this remake stuff.

I like Shiki's glasses what a dope

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm watching movie 5 and this ginger kid just poked someone's eye out

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I hope shiki owns these bullies

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Shikis thighs

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab posted:

Shikis thighs

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

11 mins in, this movie owns

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I hope it's not going to turn out that the events of this movie are achromatic and he's remembering that he will murder his parents in the future. Because that would be dumb

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

drat it, not-shirou leave shikis house it's been a year

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

alcharagia posted:

I think it is telling that of all the characters only Hisui and Kohaku have not changed in any way. This is because they were already perfect

One redesign I'm really not liking is Arcueid's .

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'm okay with Arc's redesign, but I do feel the butthurt of not keeping the long skirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Aumanor posted:

One redesign I'm really not liking is Arcueid's .

She is now Archie Brunestud, the hip, cool heroine for a new era