Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the menus are so nice now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Oh cool, I found what seems to be a living wood tree thing in the deep jungle.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Eonwe posted:

welcome starbound refugees

you are safe now
I'm still shaken but...I think I can click the download button again :ohdear:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I went into caves in the desert and fought awful horrible bugs and sandworms. Then I went to the surface and a sandworm descended on me from the empty loving sky. :stare:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Angry Diplomat posted:

I went into caves in the desert and fought awful horrible bugs and sandworms. Then I went to the surface and a sandworm descended on me from the empty loving sky. :stare:

Probably means there's a floating island above that spot!

Or perhaps you found a new weather event. :unsmigghh:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the night is loving DARK, I love it

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I just saw the laser mining and now I want to play this game again immediately. Welcome back, indeed. :allears:

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

So I went into a lizahrd temple, got a solar tablet and summoned an eclipse. The enemy variety was pretty much doubled and I'm sure I didn't get all the new stuff, but I did get two kinds of yo-yos, one of which without a modifier had more damage on it than the terra blade.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao the achievement for building a house for an NPC to live in is "No Hobo"

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
drat dude these nymphs gently caress you up tho

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Does expert effect world gen at all? I played for a few hours and didnt find one chest or life crystal. My starting area is a tiny bit of neutral ground with the jungle and tundra a stones throw on either side. Haven't played in awhile maybe thats just how it is these days.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

voltron lion force posted:

Does expert effect world gen at all? I played for a few hours and didnt find one chest or life crystal. My starting area is a tiny bit of neutral ground with the jungle and tundra a stones throw on either side. Haven't played in awhile maybe thats just how it is these days.

If you're starting right next the jungle, I'd assume so. Normally it only generates on the outer third of the map, I think?

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!
Anyone figure out how to make a steam integrated dedicated server for 1.3 yet?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Bout to lose another 30 hours to this game

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

So has anyone figured how to craft Luminite bars yet, or do they drop from the Moon God? Would like to know since that Nebula armor is sexy.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

A bunch of the new achievements are pretty bugged, I built a massive 12 story house for my npcs and I didn't unlock "No Hobo" and by using magic mirror in an underground mushroom biome I got the "visit an overground mushroom biome".

Also hardmode, dungeon keys, skeletron and a bunch of random hardmode/invasion achievements won't unlock.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Moon Lord, Moon God, Moonhammad, it's all the same

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Does Expert world just amp up the damage everything does to you to a ridiculous degree, and in return give you way more money?
Because that's what it feels like.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

symbolic posted:

So has anyone figured how to craft Luminite bars yet, or do they drop from the Moon God? Would like to know since that Nebula armor is sexy.

From the moon god

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

Does Expert world just amp up the damage everything does to you to a ridiculous degree, and in return give you way more money?

Agreed. I have 105 defense wit the beetle shell armor that reduces incomeing damage and I still routinely get hit for 50-75 damage.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Hey 37th Chamber, your server is fantastic, but some dick set it to hard mode with most of the group at 120 HP and there's corruption at our doorstep. mind doing a world reset?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/1-3-changelog.20617/
I went ahead and googled the patch notes for you since I guess you're too dumb to do it yourself?

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
So does expert mode have any unique loot or what, because the damage is pretty wild for a new character to deal with!!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Gobblecoque posted:

drat dude these nymphs gently caress you up tho

Tell me more. :eyepop:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Luceid posted:

So does expert mode have any unique loot or what, because the damage is pretty wild for a new character to deal with!!
I think so, but it's a world setting, so maybe it's not intended for new characters?

EDIT: Not that this is stopping me from trying it out :v:

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Zereth posted:

I think so, but it's a world setting, so maybe it's not intended for new characters?

EDIT: Not that this is stopping me from trying it out :v:

Yeah I was giving it a go anyway on a new character and it was doable. Nearly killed King Slime during a slime rain event. Gonna leave it until I gather the squad and go crazy later in the week.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Luceid posted:

Yes! Bosses drop a treasure bag with a unique item in it (seems to be one item per boss, unless I got really unlucky). Both people in my game got the item when I opened the treasure bag, which is rad. Either that or it dropped two bags and I didn't notice.

The Eye of Cthulhu's expert mode drop is really cool.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

10/10 best update, it's an entire chest in size.

Drops from blood moon.

urzaserra256
Nov 29, 2009
Dont know if this is an expert exclusive change to world gen, but several of the statues are spawning pre wired with pressure plates/timers? Just got killed by a never ending stream of skeletons. Probably should make it a point to break all statues you see.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Whooo, that Eater of Worlds Expert Drop is pretty drat cool. -17% damage taken on an accessory is quite nice.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Anatharon posted:

Tell me more. :eyepop:

Not much to say other than I found some monster in a cave that looked kinda like an NPC but instead apparently had like 600 health and instagibbed me. :v:

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
The final boss, on expert mode is way to difficult. Need to prepare more.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I'm not playing on expert mode but I am noticing WAY more explosives traps underground than I'm used to seeing.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Well it had another hotfix update so the server isn't matching. Which is just as well, since someone who will not be named decided to thrust us rear end-first into Hard Mode against the wishes of literally everyone else on the server :mad:

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Eric the Mauve posted:

I'm not playing on expert mode but I am noticing WAY more explosives traps underground than I'm used to seeing.

I've found two explosives so far, but both of them were wired to detonators instead of the normal hidden pressure plates. Barring an errant right click, they were harmless and easily harvested.

lolasaurusrex
Feb 8, 2013

Jesus Christ what is all this poo poo. I haven't played this game since release week!

I can't believe how much effort this dude has put into this since then.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Eric the Mauve posted:

I was down near Hell and saw what looked like a weird little altar. I went over and right clicked on it for some god drat reason. It left a crater the size of basically my entire game screen.

Speaking of mean things, Medusa can go right to hell. Does it matter if you're facing away from one or not? I was trying to do sick yo-yo tricks on her dumb snake head and she kept turning me to stone.

I also ran into some really cool block that you can't collect. I was walking over a frozen pond underground... and the frozen bit turned into a giant icy area. It was quick to break, but it just shattered instead of going into my inventory. Oddly, a dart trap and some TNT were hiding down in it with no apparent way to trigger either.

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

Why yes... I am full of stars!
Spun up a dedicated server. Details in Private Game Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3728802

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Got a super yoyo from Mothra!