Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

"Howdy friend, fancy seeing you here. Who am I? Well I might look familiar to some but in this little game you can call me the God of Formats.

I've summoned all of you to amuse myself. The age of the physical format is almost over with your Steam, dot em pee threes and eye ess ohh's. There's just no competition out there anymore. I've seen you all out there in the marketplace before, ya'll hated each-other's guts and ran intense campaigns to send eachother into the oblivion known as the bargin bin...

Anyway

As the God of Formats you might be wondering what I plan to do with ya. That's simple. I've frozen time and you know what? It might be subject to change.

Really change forever...

In this space I have created an arena you're all familiar with...

A replica of a department store...

AND you're all going to compete with one 'nother and it'll be beautiful. Wonderful. Fan-loving-tastic because what else am I supposed to do when all my poo poo has run off to the digital world with all those new age digital gods, huh?

Anyway!

As you can see, I haven't exactly had many formats to talk to in awhile and it's nice to see you all. There needs to be some loving rules laid down.

Disobey 'em and I might be forced to put a cosmic bullet through your compact di-

Sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry..."

THE RULES
    NO QUOTING YA PM
    NO EDITING YOUR SAYINGS
    NO LINKING TO SECRET DOCUMENTS
    WE VOTING TILL HAMMER, A BIG RED loving HAMMER. NO CONFUSION TO THAT. A HUGE loving HAMMER.
    DEADPOSTING CAN ONLY BE FER JOKES AND COMMENTARY, NO SNITCHIN' SECRETS
    NO MILLERS OR CRAZY STUFF
but there might be some confusing stuff

"As the God of Formats some of you might already be familiar with eachother being formats yourselves. There's a bucketload of discontinued formats out there so looking them up on your fancy electronic devices won't do you much good separating the good, the bad and the ugly. That said this is meant to be a space where rivalries can live again...

By god these old bones want to see you fight..."
"Now listen to yer intercom..."

"Hi there formats, I am the department store intercom system. Signups will close when the required amount of players is met. As this is a game which is no doubt being introduced while other mafia games are being run, a DATE will be set when it is all clear to start. The required amount of players is 15 and days will run from 9AM to 9PM Brisbane time. The God of Formats might be busy with other god-like duties so please be patient if there are delays in god-like behaviour.

Any questions regarding your roles, format or weird stuff can be PM'ed to the God of Formats.

Enjoy your stay."

"The winners of this here game will be awarded physical format champions and serve as my arch-angels, not only that but time will change so you were originally commercially successful or if you already were - even more successful than before. I hope you don't disappoint me, after all I created you.

HUH I count sixteen.

BANG BANG....

Anidav, xD Card; rule-enforcing hypocrite has been killed on Day 0...(Anti-Town-Scum-Vanilla-Town-Nurse)

Good Luck."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

VOTEFINDER STUFF
  1. Asphyxious
  2. Bifauxnen
  3. EXAKT Science
  4. Freudian Slip
  5. Gwynplaine
  6. HiipFire
  7. Kat Delacour
  8. Kommando
  9. Matthew Beet
  10. Mithranderp
  11. Those On My Left
  12. Tirade

DEAD

MMG
SKY COQ
Birdstrike

Anidav fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jul 4, 2015

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'm in. And that Target screenshot is from Mallrats :3

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I am charmed by this character voice and would like to sign up!

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I'm in and I want to be HD DVD

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

SKY COQ posted:

I'm in and I want to be HD DVD

You better pray my random number generator is kind to you then.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Meeee

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

I am charmed by this character voice and would like to sign up!

My aim is to provide original flavoured content that is fun to read. Just like Console Mafia. Never forget the Atari Tomb.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

In

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
In

At least we don't have to worry about the Anidav day 1 argument

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Freudian Slip posted:

In

At least we don't have to worry about the Anidav day 1 argument

Yep.

Let's see what pride hath wrought

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

In

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
and I said, me tooooo

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
In, last one of these was great fun.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
AUSPOL GAME gently caress YEAH IN

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

and I said, me tooooo

hey bird :D

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Wassup!

omg is that a scumslip?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I need 4 more goons.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

in

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

memorystick duo and Minidisc motherfuckers

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The amount of SD card competitors was seriously bullshit, buying a camera in 2004 would be hell.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

The amount of SD card competitors was seriously bullshit, buying a camera in 2004 would be hell.

Working in a photo lab around that time was a trip, too. So many different slots, and people getting cards lost in there from trying to use the wrong one...

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

CompactFlash vs. Memory Stick vs. MultiMediaCard (MMC) / Secure Digital card (SD) vs. SmartMedia vs xD-Picture Card.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Would console memory cards count? I wanna be a VMU :allears:

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

No, I'm saving that poo poo for Console Wars 2, which is already written.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

XD cards were the worst for getting stuck in machines, they were so short and stubby so they'd just go too far in the wrong slot and get lost. But that little ridge on the end made them stick a little bit, so they were annoying to try grab with the tweezers, you'd have to try and pinch them around the sides till you could get a good angle on it.

Ah, so many memories...

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

No wonder people use Smartphones for photography now. I think a bunch of Camera companies got caught up in a EU law suit where they got told to stop making their own cards, it's bullshit. The same thing happened to make Micro-USB the default port on phones for charging.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I need 3 more so I can lock the thread and roll roles. Unless we want to be talking about formats forever, which is fine too.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

the 6230i used an MMC which was just thinner than an SK card, but more expensive. it had to go under the battery.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
I'll join if you need people, but I think someone as absent minded as me playing two games at once is fraught with peril, so prioritize others over me.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

This game will only start when no other Auspol games are running.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Oh, well, I'm it to Gwyn it then, naturally.

Loved your last one.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

This one might be a tad more cruel.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Would console memory cards count? I wanna be a VMU :allears:

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

-T

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
hey can i still join

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I need one more, for some reason that person is not Gaspy.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
someone join gaem, i want to auspol

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
In.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So when do we want to start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
how about right now ##vote Asphyxious

• Locked thread