Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Esad Ribic is on another level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Starsnostars posted:

I suspect a neck snap from God is more potent than a neck snap from some regular person.

Yeah that owned. Scott doing all his bullshit spiel and high and mighty and Dooms like nope we're not going to have that.

Issue ruled.

zoux posted:

Esad Ribic is on another level.

Yes, if he's the reason for a delay, than I'm fine with that.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I can't wait for Doom to find out about the other Richards.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I also liked that Namor and Tchalla went right at it.

Have there been any meaningful Scott/Doom confrontations in the past? I can't think of any.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jul 1, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh man I re-read this and Victor just straight up knocks Stephen's head off.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I love his little Spock moment with T'Challa.

REMEMBER...

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Anyone got a release list for today?

Chrungka
Jan 27, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You never antagonize Doom. Doom never changes. Doom is constant. Doom was, is and always will be DOOM.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I wonder why Stephen bothered to scatter the Cabal as well as the heroes, he would have been better off leaving them there for Doom to deal with. Maybe his spell wasn't precise enough to distinguish between friend and foe.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Enemy of my enemy, I guess.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Great issue, but the Doom-Strange interaction at the end was perfect. Strange's posture and expressions are almost like a teenager arguing with a parent, knowing they're right but that they can't win. Doom is the parent with barely checked consternation and anger that finally flies off the handle when the kid gets a sick burn in.

Too bad Cyke-phoenix got jobbed, but I'm sure he'll be back, that's his thing.

Ultimate Reed's response to "RICHARDS" was spot on. I laughed a little at the panel where Doom yelled "RICHARDS", the way his helmet is drawn in the panel where he yells reminds of those animatronic figures at Chuck E Cheese.

Namor & T'Challa was cool, although what chance does T'Challa really have against a super-mutant Atlantean?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Starsnostars posted:

I wonder why Stephen bothered to scatter the Cabal as well as the heroes, he would have been better off leaving them there for Doom to deal with. Maybe his spell wasn't precise enough to distinguish between friend and foe.

At this point, they're all going to cause instability.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

KidDynamite posted:

Anyone got a release list for today?

There's an entire thread devoted to every release updated weekly. Anything with SWA in the listing is a tie-in.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Man I can't seem to buy from ITunes/Marvel. I wanna read and can't wait.

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
RICHARDS was perfect.

I just do hope the entire point of Phoenix Cyclops wasn't so he could get instantly jobbed in order to demonstrate how powerful Doom really is.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neo_Reloaded posted:

RICHARDS was perfect.

I just do hope the entire point of Phoenix Cyclops wasn't so he could get instantly jobbed in order to demonstrate how powerful Doom really is.

I would be fine with it, mostly because of how hilarious it would be.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

A Phoenix whole gimmick is that it can't die. I doubt that's the last we see of Scott. Stephen on the other hand is pretty hosed. I did enjoy how Doom stepped in the second he saw Reed. No half measures.

A Phoenix Force's gimmick is that it can't die. On Battleworld, with like 50 Jean Greys running around, there's no way Scott gets resurrected before one of them gets chosen as the new host.

The one thing I found interesting is that during Val's analysis of Thanos and company,

it confirmed what I'd kinda been theorizing, that all of the "originals" are more powerful than their Battleworld copies. I can only hope this leads to Jane-Thor beating the poo poo out of Thors upon Thors upon Thors.

e: Also, Peter Quill really seems to be taking the fact that all his friends and loved ones are dead in stride.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 1, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also I'm all for Scott getting shut the gently caress down as he launches into another sanctimonious diatribe about the nature of humanity and mutants.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Also I'm all for Scott getting shut the gently caress down as he launches into another sanctimonious diatribe about the nature of humanity and mutants.
Scott should have pickup on that it's called Battleworld, not Babbleworld.

:rip:

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jul 1, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

There were two very funny eye moments, I'm at work so I can't grab them off my tablet, but the first was Thanos' expression as he's grappling with dual Thors and the second is a :catstare: equivalent from Doom later in the issue. Ribic gets a lot of mileage out of eye expressions.

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing

gfanikf posted:

I would be fine with it, mostly because of how hilarious it would be.

Well I was excited that Hickman was writing Cyclops, since no one besides Bendis has had the chance for years, so I had higher hopes.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

zoux posted:

There were two very funny eye moments, I'm at work so I can't grab them off my tablet, but the first was Thanos' expression as he's grappling with dual Thors and the second is a :catstare: equivalent from Doom later in the issue. Ribic gets a lot of mileage out of eye expressions.

It's pretty small but the expression on Corvus Glaive's face as the boar Thor sends him flying cracked me up.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Sue's wonky wide fish-eyes were kind of distracting. TBH, her whole face was...something.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Starsnostars posted:

the boar Thor

Thoar

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

TwoPair posted:

e: Also, Peter Quill really seems to be taking the fact that all his friends and loved ones are dead in stride.

Peter Quill? That's clearly John Constantine. :colbert:

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I'm surprised anybody thought cyclops was here for any reason other then to job. The Beyonders killed gods and cosmic forces so to prove Doom had their power he needed to kill a cosmic force.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SirDan3k posted:

I'm surprised anybody thought cyclops was here for any reason other then to job. The Beyonders killed gods and cosmic forces so to prove Doom had their power he needed to kill a cosmic force.

The Phoenix's gimmick is rebirth and resurrection. I think there's a really good chance it plays into restoring the Marvel Universe after Battleworld.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Codependent Poster posted:

The Phoenix's gimmick is rebirth and resurrection. I think there's a really good chance it plays into restoring the Marvel Universe after Battleworld.

A very apparent theme in the work is that gods are useless and only mankind can save mankind, The Phoenix is down for the count.

Doom lost basically when he became god.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jul 1, 2015

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SirDan3k posted:

A very apparent theme in the work is that gods are useless and only mankind can save mankind, The Phoenix is down for the count.

Doom lost basically when he became god.

The universe chose Cyclops Phoenix for a reason, and I'm pretty sure it was for more than to just be killed. I'm not saying it's going to come back and save the day, but I'm saying it will probably be one of the catalysts in resurrecting the Marvel Universe from Battleworld.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Ultimate Reed's response to "RICHARDS" was spot on.

That was one of my favorite little bits.

:crossarms: "I don't really care for his tone."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Remind me what happened to Ultimate Doom.

Nobby
Sep 10, 2006

Everyone cries when they're stabbed. There's no shame in that.

Neo_Reloaded posted:

RICHARDS was perfect.

He also managed to change Strange's mind with the start of his monologuing.

Then he just kept going.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

zoux posted:

Ben Grimm crushed Sue's moms head thinking that it was the Doom who caused Ultimatum.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

He was last seen in the final arc of Ultimate Spider-Man working with HYDRA to research Miles' powers. Miles manifested some bullshit new power because Bendis really phoned in the last bit of USM to bust out of the Hydra facility where they had captured him and then came out on a roof to find the final incursion happening. Ultimate Doom never got caught or thrown in jail or anything. Nevertheless, the fact that he wasn't on a life raft and the fact that Hickman never seemed to give a poo poo about him before seems to be a good indicator he just died along with everybody else on Ultimate Earth.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 1, 2015

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Mutants and Phoenixes are both really bad at staying dead.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

So what did everyone think of Red Skull? It seemed like it was going to be a dirty dozen like series, but nope it seemed that they killed off most of the cast. The last page is also fitting for this week.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I was incredibly bored with that issue of Secret Wars. It makes me sad because of how much I was looking forward to it. It just felt bland.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

I'm glad I reread SW3 before SW4. SW3 sets up DOOM as an enlightened, changed person worthy of godhood. I honestly was against his overthrow. SW4 shows that the very second that Reed Richards shows up, DOOM completely loses his poo poo and reverts back to petty supervillainy, complete with :doom: "RICHARDS!"

Hickman just nails the arrogance and inferiority complex which is DOOM. I'm loving this event.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

MadJackal posted:

I'm glad I reread SW3 before SW4. SW3 sets up DOOM as an enlightened, changed person worthy of godhood. I honestly was against his overthrow. SW4 shows that the very second that Reed Richards shows up, DOOM completely loses his poo poo and reverts back to petty supervillainy, complete with :doom: "RICHARDS!"

Hickman just nails the arrogance and inferiority complex which is DOOM. I'm loving this event.

See Richards ruins everything. Everything would be perfect if Richards was not around! :doom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Reed vs Maker is what I'm really looking forward to.

• Locked thread