Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rodyle posted:

Dude Hakuno is toeing some lines with Archer too.
"Toeing some lines?" It's pretty blatantly gay too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I enjoy Archie Brunestud, a Hip, Cool Heroine for a Modern Era

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Endorph posted:

"Toeing some lines?" It's pretty blatantly gay too.

Less blatantly so compared to the Yuri pairings, because of course that's how they do it, is what I meant. I would imagine they kept it vague to avoid otaku nerdrage.

I am only talking about Extra though, CCC might just come out and say it for all I know.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

archer and male hakuno confess their love for each other

it's less explosively loud because archer is a way more reserved character than saber and caster

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I... don't remember that. Unless that's just in the scene where Archer talks about SERAPH being mad about him caring more about Hakuno than the Moon Cell and I just forgot about it. If it's in there that's pretty cool though.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 1, 2015

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I do like how Fate/Extra and CCC lean more on the yuri side, especially since you have your choice of two lady Servants for Fem!Hakuno.

Also, in the All Around Type-Moon manga, when Red Saber makes an appearance, they show that her Master is Fem!Hakuno and it's really cute.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I'm gay for Red Saber tbh

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
If CCC ever comes out I'm gonna get married to her

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm getting angry that you fools don't realize that the true pairing is FeMC and Archer...Christ.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yuri is good

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm getting angry that you fools don't realize that the true pairing is FeMC and Archer...Christ.

Tbf, this one is my favorite. Lotta good fanart of this pairing.

Like so:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Compendium posted:

Tbf, this one is my favorite. Lotta good fanart of this pairing.

Like so:

that'll work well for a phone bg thanks!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Archer's a lame-rear end nerdling, so I am not in favor of getting him laid ever. Therefore even if my best friend and lover Red Saber were not in the equation, I would not pick Archer, ever.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

alcharagia posted:

Archer's a lame-rear end nerdling, so I am not in favor of getting him laid ever. Therefore even if my best friend and lover Red Saber were not in the equation, I would not pick Archer, ever.

This is dangerously close to Pro-Fox posting, Ma'am. Tread lightly :colbert:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Rodyle posted:

This is dangerously close to Pro-Fox posting, Ma'am. Tread lightly :colbert:

Fox? There aren't any foxes in Fate/Extra

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I mean unless we're talking about that foxy mama, Francis Drake. :allears:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

alcharagia posted:

alcharagia posted:

Fox? There aren't any foxes in Fate/Extra

:hf:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

alcharagia posted:

I liked that gender bend even more than Red Saber just because it is based on an old literary rumor. :v:

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jul 1, 2015

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

I liked that gender bend even more than Red Saber just because it is based on an old literary rumor. :v:

Wait, there's an actual reason for it?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

The funny part is it's literally true, Caster is actually a jackal. She pretends to be a fox because foxes are cuter. :v:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

GyroNinja posted:

Wait, there's an actual reason for it?

Yeah, that Elizabeth I and Drake usually dressed as each other and changed places and the game really hints that Rider is likely to be the Virgin Queen.

Also I'll murder everyone's talking poo poo about Fox Caster.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I guess that makes Caster transcanid.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

OTC (One True Caster)

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Rodyle posted:

OTC (One True Caster)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Gilles is a good villain but a poor waifu

E: CoB also seems neat but I haven't read Apocrypha so beyond the Adam thing I don't really know him.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
caster's not my type but ganbare rodyle-kun, don't let anyone take down your dreams

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Compendium posted:

http://motherfuckingarchetypesaber.tumblr.com/post/122913009491/type-moon-ace-vol-10-alternate-servant-master

check out this sick art of alternate Master/Servant pairings from across various Fates.

Waver and Astolfo, yes please.

Shirou and Mordred, that's a dangerous combination if I've ever seen one. But I'm intrigued, go on.

I can't find the full scan page for Ciel's new look, but I did find part of it at least

RIP borderless coke bottle glasses :smith:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Rodyle posted:

Gilles is a good villain but a poor waifu.

:colbert:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
it's not faaaair. how am i supposed to choose which one to romance if they're all so cute :(

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The only loss I mourn for in the Tsukihime remake is Ciel's coke bottle glasses.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Gilles is a good villain but a poor waifu

E: CoB also seems neat but I haven't read Apocrypha so beyond the Adam thing I don't really know him.

Golem Autist.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

What is it with Type-Moon/nasuverse stuff and wording things like this:

He was very fast; if his mother was a "bear" than he would be a "cheetah."

His dick was a "thermometer" measuring how into a girl he was.

It seems like I see this pattern of "metaphor where you call someone/something a thing and put it in quotes" all the time when either reading/playing type-moon stuff or reading the wiki. I'm guessing it's just a symptom of poorly translated Japanese?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
It's probably a translation of [words] in [brackets]. They're used for emphasis, like italics or bolding.

They're pretty [great].

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
They are, in fact, 「GOOD」.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
There's been a lot of scans of stuff from the Type-Moon Ace issue, but this one is the most relevant to my interests:

http://motherfuckingarchetypesaber.tumblr.com/post/123067135021/type-moon-ace-vol-10-yario-comic-credits-to

I am jealous of Bazett.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rodyle posted:

OTC (One True Caster)

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Translated Fate/Extra 4 komas from the Type Moon Ace issue.

edited; took out the link because the url changed and it is a bad url

Compendium fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Nov 11, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Love that Gil actually put it on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
If Gil didn't put it on, it'd be admitting he wouldn't look good in it. Looking good though, Gil.