Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't attack posters.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Met, you don't count.

If you want to talk like you got a big cock you better back it up chump

met, don't be a shithead

like I know you've been clear it's your shtick but there's a point where it's just not worth it

you take and make everything personal

playing the game aggressively isn't equivalent to sniping at people and intentionally being an rear end in a top hat to stay alive

Taste you are honestly coming off as a huge rear end in a top hat. I love you and I love met and I want this game to just be fun and not drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
:stare:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:rolleyes:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Omg I can't go have a nice canada day without coming home to you guys making GBS threads your pants?

Seriously though what about "keep it civil and clean; this is a newbie" game do you not understand?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Closing this thread and reopening tomorrow have a relax and I'll see you tomorrow with an answer to what's going on.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I've discussed things with some involved players. The day will continue without replacements or modkills. I'll extend the deadline maybe? We'll see.

In the future here are some things to do
:chillpill:
• if this game is upsetting or frustrating you take a break
• if a discussion isn't going anywhere, you don't have to run it into the dirt
• you can attack somebody's arguments while still being friendly and I recommend trying that
• don't pm other people asking them to replace you before talking to me
• don't pm telling me to modkill somebody

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HAVE FUN

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote met

Removing ourselves from everything that came about as a result of the discussion, he's still the best vote for scum.

Namaste~

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

##vote met

Removing ourselves from everything that came about as a result of the discussion, he's still the best vote for scum.

Namaste~

Holy poo poo what

get out

##vote Tremendous Taste

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Allen Wren posted:

Holy poo poo what

get out

##vote Tremendous Taste

Are you voting for him because you think he's scum?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Are you voting for him because you think he's scum?

He might be, but his play is so vastly anti-town as to be scum mvp, even if he's got "town" on his pm.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I encourage you to take a second look, Allen. Reviewing the actual content points solely at met.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Allen Wren posted:

He might be, but his play is so vastly anti-town as to be scum mvp, even if he's got "town" on his pm.

He thinks Met is scum. He's voting for him. The only thing that's anti-town is a player

(say, you)

voting a player for non-alignment related reasons. If you're not interested in playing mafia, don't.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Allen Wren posted:

This simply isn't true. It's not anti-town to pursue someone caught in a fabrication. I don't think you actually believe this, so what's the issue?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Dude basically picked a fight that lasted the entire day, then claimed he wasn't picking a fight. And here you are again, defending him? Super suspicious. I'd think it's scummy, but I know you're a better player than that to back him this tight if you were scum.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't think you actually believe this, so what's the issue?

BELIEVE IT

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I can't, allen, you're too good a player to be mired in this muck.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

I can't, allen, you're too good a player to be mired in this muck.

literally the wrongest opinion ever posted to sa

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Well, I have a high opinion of you.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

but whatever

don't call it anti-town, then, call it anti-game

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
I still think we should lynch taste. If that makes me a lovely player than so be it. :shrug:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Allen Wren posted:

but whatever

don't call it anti-town, then, call it anti-game

It's not anti-game, either.

It's just something you apparently don't like, and you're conflating the two.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If you want to lynch someone you don't think is scum, you are making a bad play. That doesn't make you a bad player.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

THEN NOT THAN

poo poo

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

I do think you're scum as I said already.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

It's not anti-game, either.

It's just something you apparently don't like, and you're conflating the two.

because I'm supposed to like you and met making GBS threads on each other (and pmom backing you up) for an entire day where no one else can get a word in edgewise

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't think you have good reasons for that, but I'm aware. I meant that more toward Allen.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Allen Wren posted:

because I'm supposed to like you and met making GBS threads on each other (and pmom backing you up) for an entire day where no one else can get a word in edgewise

You have the ability to post, as does everyone in this game. The fact that only 3 or 4 people made meaningful posts yesterday isn't my fault.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Allen Wren posted:

I can really see where you made a valiant effort to get in on the discussion yesterday and make points, so this is a very legitimate and credible grievance.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Daisy, I'd appreciate if you could justify to me a scenario where I (a pretty good scum player) would make a play that I did and not be telling the truth. What would I gain from it, especially coming from a position where there was very little pressure on me whatsoever, and a chorus of posters calling me town?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

pmom-as-salacious-crumb is really starting to creep me out here

but whatever, it's a new day (sorta), we've got time to look at better options

I still can't say I like the sequence of events "gigantic argument, game gets derailed, literally the first gameplay post upon reopening is 'that wasn't my fault because I'm right, so I'm revoting in a way that will totally restart this argument'"

Also you were totally being a dick yesterday.

##unvote

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I could have been racist, sexist, homophobic, and generally problematic

met would still be scum

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste is actually my alt account in addition to being my scumbuddy.

What do you think of literally anyone that's not me, Taste, or Met, Allen?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

I could have been racist, sexist, homophobic, and generally problematic

met would still be scum

This is not helpful.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

His alignment isn't tied to my behavior.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Better.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Tremendous Taste is actually my alt account in addition to being my scumbuddy.

What do you think of literally anyone that's not me, Taste, or Met, Allen?

TMM and Daisy read town to me. I legit thought Pmush was scummy, even though I was casualposting pretty hard d1. I'm waiting for a bit more from EXAKT before I have a solid read on him, but seeing him post outside of his PR helps. A little suspicious of AnonNarc, almost TOO helpful in their helpful posts. I can't say I like how fluck looks, but that's probably because he was pushing a case on me real early.

I could stand to read more, but I gotta admit I've got a migraine right now.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Tremendous Taste posted:

Daisy, I'd appreciate if you could justify to me a scenario where I (a pretty good scum player) would make a play that I did and not be telling the truth. What would I gain from it, especially coming from a position where there was very little pressure on me whatsoever, and a chorus of posters calling me town?

I don't know that you're a pretty good scum player because I've only ever poked my head into one mafia thread prior to this. However, if you're scum, why would you replay how you've played in the past anyway? It's abundantly clear that people learn how other people behave in certain roles and you have to adapt if you want to win. If you're scum, who gives a poo poo if you say you're a tracker? By your own admission, a chorus of people were calling you town, so you knew that you probably wouldn't get lynched. You didn't think you'd get any pressure put on you and you could protect pmom at the same time. You're still barely under any pressure right now.

I'm not about to get involved in a tangle with you because yesterday was supremely unfun even if I was barely around. If this explanation doesn't satisfy you, I don't care. You can continue to be hyper defensive about how you're totally not scum, but I'm done repeating myself.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

DaisyDanger posted:

I don't know that you're a pretty good scum player because I've only ever poked my head into one mafia thread prior to this. However, if you're scum, why would you replay how you've played in the past anyway?

It's relevant because doing what I did, if I was scum, would be a terrible, boneheaded play.

quote:

It's abundantly clear that people learn how other people behave in certain roles and you have to adapt if you want to win. If you're scum, who gives a poo poo if you say you're a tracker? By your own admission, a chorus of people were calling you town, so you knew that you probably wouldn't get lynched. You didn't think you'd get any pressure put on you and you could protect pmom at the same time. You're still barely under any pressure right now.

That's not a compelling why, if you get what I'm saying. You're saying I could be scum, but not what I gain from it. If I "protect" Pmom and one of us gets lynched, the next is right up. He wasn't even under any heat, I was instead clarifying why I trust him to avoid a potential misdirection from a player I'm reasonably certain is scum.

quote:

I'm not about to get involved in a tangle with you because yesterday was supremely unfun even if I was barely around. If this explanation doesn't satisfy you, I don't care. You can continue to be hyper defensive about how you're totally not scum, but I'm done repeating myself.

This isn't playing mafia :/

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Players I would lynch, in order

1) Met

2) Narc
3) Daisy
4) 8

5) Fluck
6) Prop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Tremendous Taste posted:

This isn't playing mafia :/

I've provided responses that should have been satisfactory, but you're scum and want to look innocent, so you continue prodding. You're still not under any real pressure since Met and I are the only ones who think you're full of poo poo at this point, but keep on trying to clear your name.

quote:

It's relevant because doing what I did, if I was scum, would be a terrible, boneheaded play.

Isn't that what you'd want for town to think? I think it's a worse play to make for town, actually.

quote:

That's not a compelling why, if you get what I'm saying. You're saying I could be scum, but not what I gain from it. If I "protect" Pmom and one of us gets lynched, the next is right up. He wasn't even under any heat, I was instead clarifying why I trust him to avoid a potential misdirection from a player I'm reasonably certain is scum.

You didn't expect yourself or pmom to get lynched because "a chorus of people" were already calling you town and you just said pmom wasn't under any heat. You had nothing to lose as scum by bluffing as a town tracker, but you might gain trust from town. As town, you gain nothing by coming out as a tracker since neither you nor pmom were under pressure, but you lose the safety in anonymity of your town role.

• Locked thread