Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(jump to current votecount)

(source) ... (source)
Lady Clarent had a problem. As the verdant woods and farmland of County Anaïse transformed into the resplendency of autumn, she could see no beauty and feel no joy. Her heart was filled with anxiety over the coming winter and its promise of undoing her life's work. She's ruled over the county from its seat at Peachtree Hall for the past fifteen years, but she had only produced two heirs, both male: Laurence and Christophe. Her younger sister, Lady Georgette of the Juniper Hills, decided to capitalize on Clarent's weak position by claiming title over Anaïse for herself. Should Clarent not produce a female heir by the end of the year, under Mereaux law title will revert to Georgette and her four daughters, leaving Clarent and her sons penniless and destitute.
It certainly doesn't help that Clarent is a widow, her husband having died in a freak accident last month. The servants insisted it could have happened to anyone, that the chandelier just happened to fall on Robert as he was standing under it. Clarent, though distraught and in pain, believed them. This morning though her darkest fears became reality: her handmaiden discovered one of the cooks had been murdered during the night.
Clarent is no fool. As she sits alone in the dining hall, she begins to piece together what she knows of Georgette's plot. Whom can she trust?

(sources)

Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a closed-setup game. However, it is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki or the Mafia flash thingy. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be honest about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter. It doesn't matter what votebot says; votebot is just for your convenience, only the votecounts I present are to be assumed accurate and reliable. If you think you see a mistake in a votecount I have posted, please contact me privately so I may check it.

Posting is very important to me, however I will not expect you to be abuzz with posting things left and right. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll probably prod you with a PM casually, maybe with a "hey go post GO POST NOWWWW". If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included. However, if you're put on probation for more than a day, then I will replace you without warning. So don't get probated!

Deadlines are the most effective and easiest way to encourage participation. To that effect, every game day will have a deadline. If majority voting has not been reached by then, the day will end with no hanging. The Day 1 deadline will be at most 5 days long, and they'll only get shorter! Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it to be floating.

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, your AIM if you have it, and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. IRC is the best way to get in touch with me outside of PMs, as I only check my email every other day or so.

If you are living with, or otherwise have direct RL contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Anyway! This game is for 21 players. Players new and old are all welcome, however if space is tight, then preferential treatment will be given to newer players should it come to that.

Here we go!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c:
Approximated Votecount; not assured to be 100% accurate!

CURRENT PHASE: GAME OVER
:h: N / A
:d: N / A

Mod: Ecco
Comod: Iron Chef Ramen

Player List:
  1. a worthy uhh 100YrsofAttitude
  2. Amoeba102
  3. CCKeane
  4. fiery_valkyrie
  5. Gamerofthegame
  6. Hal Incandenza
  7. Max
  8. merk
  9. Nth Doctor
  10. Puntification
  11. Quidnose
  12. Quinquereme
  13. QuoProQuid
  14. Spoonsy
  15. Squiggly
  16. The Ninth Layer chaoslord
  17. WalrusWhiskers
  18. WHICH WAY MADNESS
  19. wins32767
  20. yuming
  21. zzyzx

Replacements:
- UP

:s:
Night 0: Somberbrero, Jocasta Vellus, Head Chef (town-aligned doctor), died.
Day 1: WalrusWhiskers, Constance, Corrupt Servant (mafia-aligned goon), executed.
Night 1: yuming, Aldonza, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), died. CCKeane, Sebastianus Aris, Sous Chef (town-aligned white mage), died. QuoProQuid, Jobert, Corrupt Groundskeeper (mafia-aligned dayvig), died.
Day 2: Squiggly, Julianus Bäte, Butler (town-aligned governor), executed.
Night 2: Puntification, Nathanael, Housekeeper (town-aligned cop), died. Quidnose, Bourde, Servant (Clarent-aligned ??), died.
Day 3: wins32767, Laurence, Elder Son (Clarent-aligned rolecop), executed.
Night 3: Nth Doctor, Auguste, Gamekeeper (town-aligned roleblocker), died. zzyzx, Semir, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 4: Amoeba102, Richard Villapond, Corrupt Steward (mafia-aligned godfather), executed.
Night 4: Hal Incandenza, Florian, Servant (Clarent-aligned ???), died. Which Way Madness, Denis, Corrupt Valet (mafia-aligned traitor), died.
Day 5: chaoslord, Sylvanus Gaspar, Corrupt Cook (mafia-aligned jailor), executed.
Night 5: 100YrsofAttitude, Eadwine, Servant (Clarent-aligned ???), died. Quinquereme, Christophe de Pêche, Younger Son (Clarent-aligned mason recruiter), died.
Day 6: merk, Philobert Endicott, First Footman (town-aligned cop), executed.
Night 6: fiery_valkyrie, Vivienne, Lady's Maid (town-aligned naive cop), died. Gamerofthegame, Andrei, Stable Boy (town-aligned overeager vigilante), endgamed.

:black101:
Spoonsy, Lady Clarent, Lady (Clarent-aligned sane cop); and Max, Alfonso, Servant (town Clarent-aligned vanilla), have won the game.

:saddowns:
TOWN DEFEAT
MAFIA DEFEAT
CLARENT VICTORY

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jul 25, 2015

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Girl power!

I'm in.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
sign me up!

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe
Yes, I am playing. :)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Finally Ecco is running a game. I've been waiting forever for that to happen!

Love to play.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Oh hey a big game. Sure put me in!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
k

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I'd like to play. I'm a first timer, but I hear that's encouraged. nth.doctor.sa {AT} gmail

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Nth Doctor posted:

I'd like to play. I'm a first timer, but I hear that's encouraged. nth.doctor.sa {AT} gmail

Encouraged and appreciated, welcome!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Oh golly, an Ecco Game!

Finally, something meaningful to do with my life.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I've heard of these in myth and legend.

I am here for it. I have PMs.

Let's fukken roll.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Confirming my spot! Yes on PMs.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Nth Doctor posted:

The Ninth Layer posted:

Confirming my spot! Yes on PMs.

Hmmmm this will be tricky. I think Ninth is Ninth but I think we should call Nth Doctor "The Doctor," does that work for you both?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Ninth and Enth are quite different.

We already have Quid Pro and Quid Nose. We're good at differentiating.

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem
I'd like to try it out unless the Australian timezone makes playing difficult? Have PMs :)

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Quinquereme posted:

I'd like to try it out unless the Australian timezone makes playing difficult? Have PMs :)

It's not too bad from Australia, and worst case scenario we can just talk to each other.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Depends if you post during working hours.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Quinquereme posted:

You shall be known as Fives. Welcome aboard!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

You have my blade.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

This works for me.
Edit: I also have PMs.

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem

fiery_valkyrie posted:

It's not too bad from Australia, and worst case scenario we can just talk to each other.

:hfive:

EccoRaven posted:

You shall be known as Fives. Welcome aboard!

Thanks! Looking forward to it!

Amoeba102 posted:

Depends if you post during working hours.

Sure, I'll try catch up at lunch when I can :)

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I'm in if Spoonsy's in.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

a worthy uhh posted:

I'm in if Spoonsy's in.

I have no idea who you are/were, but gently caress it, Ecco's running a game. I'm in.

e: and I have PMs. And GChat. And everything.

Spoonsy fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jul 2, 2015

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Spoonsy posted:

I have no idea who you are/were, but gently caress it, Ecco's running a game. I'm in.

e: and I have PMs. And GChat. And everything.

Me in Reverse :wave:

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

a worthy uhh posted:

Me in Reverse :wave:

MiR!

I wonder if Kloaked has enough free time between rotations to play

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Spoonsy posted:

I wonder if Kloaked has enough free time between rotations to play
I sent him a message yesterday asking exactly that!

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
A little birdie told me I should sign up for this

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Hi everyone! How has everybody been?

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Sure.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
To fiends new and old alike, I am laying out the following disclaime. This is a eal life situation I PMed the modeato about and he equested I post about it hee so that you all can keep me honest. Let it be known:

me posted:

My r key and x and z keys do not currently work on my computer so I will not be using it to type. Most times I'll have to use my phone. In the past that meant I was "phoning it in" ( :rimshot: ) but I'm going to actually be using my comp to read and gather posts. That being said, I will have to do some after the fact editing with my posts to insert quotes and links and such. I don't anticipate any slipups or editing delays but if I have one I will be sure to PM you immediately and if it's an actual issue I can be replaced. Is that cool with you? Thanks again for the invite though

So yeah gimme a that two minute window and I'll edit the links in and I'm not tying to beak any ules I just wanna play some mafia

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am somehow even more legitimately excited for this game than I was before. My excitement level is now 42.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

No no, just make a new post for the quotes and links. Or more hilariously, just ignore the missing r,x,z and post like that anyway.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Amoeba102 posted:

No no, just make a new post for the quotes and links. Or more hilariously, just ignore the missing r,x,z and post like that anyway.

But what if y is scum?

THAT'S A PLAYE'S NAME IGHT THEE

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
And by what if I mean when

:colbert:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Me me!!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Put ' in place as a contraction. It can't be that hard. ''y''

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

Squiggly posted:

To fiends new and old alike, I am laying out the following disclaime. This is a eal life situation I PMed the modeato about and he equested I post about it hee so that you all can keep me honest. Let it be known:

So yeah gimme a that two minute window and I'll edit the links in and I'm not tying to beak any ules I just wanna play some mafia

That is quite an amusing predicament, hahaha.

Also, hi Yuming! :)

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Squiggly posted:

But what if y is scum?

THAT'S A PLAYE'S NAME IGHT THEE

I'm okay with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Made me sta't thinking about post 'est'ictions. Sometimes the' wo'k out quite fun.

• Locked thread