Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
foos reasoning for switching to me is p ridiculous, and like I said he had been posturing to make a vote on me and hadn't but now the momentum is right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
MMM also posturing to vote me when he feels the time is right

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and pmom either really dumb or scum intentionally misreading what I said to say something it did not

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

JakeP posted:

also this guy prolly legit scum

It is always weird to me when people attempt to make serious scum votes off of people's joke posting stuff. During your whole bread discussion, Zetsubou cast this vote.

A TON of joke posting then follows, the whole miller discussion, and then you come back to this.

JakeP posted:

it was pretty opportunistic of zetsusan, like I dont see how you question GGs vote here but not zetsus there

There is this whole phase of the game that plays out, and then once things get serious, you jump back onto this.

JakeP posted:

##vote zetsu is the person I am most comfrotable with lynching today. He jumped on voting me when there was a little momentum there with very little explanation, and he hasn't done much apart from that. He seems content to leave his vote there as well.

A little momentum, little explanation - he was playing around during the goofy part of the game. The reason not much has happened in between has been explained, but you are trying to push a case this way.

JakeP posted:

Any reason not to lynch zetsubosan

JakeP posted:

additonally his vote on me was at a time I was picking up votes, so was very opportunistic

You guys were talking about bread and your silly statement about not to lynch you or we wouldn't have any.

The case has been pretty weak all along. You talk about "picking up votes" and momentum, but aside from Foo's recent post, the votes from you are remnants of joke phase.

##Vote JakeP

For the reasons stated above.

Captain Foo posted:

oh right this reminds me of the other things that's bothering me about jakep, his attempts at thread-generaling. 'is there any reason to not X" is something he's posted instead of asking specific people questions he's trying to assume a consensus and make people defend themselves if they hold alternate opinions

just feels weird and can easily be used to bias people in scum's favor, especially if the first one (about claiming town godfather) does appear to be perfectly sound

I am getting a sense of this. You are really trying to get everybody on your side. Your stance on not lynching Goo Day1 as a new player, while it is manners, it is also a way to build good will with the town.

Lets see what we can do with this pressure on you.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Roydrowsy posted:

The case has been pretty weak all along. You talk about "picking up votes" and momentum, but aside from Foo's recent post, the votes from you are remnants of joke phase.

To modify this.. the first few votes were remnants of joke phase.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

but for real tho, enough joke cases. hahahha very funny. now vote exakt

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think I am going to have any more time to post today, so just watch the terrible reasoning, and misconstruations of my posts by the people who are bending over backwards to rationalize voting for me, and good luck

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

but for real tho, enough joke cases. hahahha very funny. now vote exakt

aww, i just cast a vote and you went and said that. your limited game play doesn't look too good.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

someone tell him

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

someone tell him

EXAKT has that weird Mason discussion at the beginning, but they have contributed little else of value. If we were looking to take somebody out simply because they didn't have much to contribute, that could be a thing. I don't see how you have built a case outside of that.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i can't tell if roy actually believes the things he is saying but its mostly ridiculous, and a lot of the reason he isn't getting called out is because his posts are so long winded no one is bothering to read them

##vote MMM

this is where my vote will end tonight

god bless

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

thats because you're epic fail and have anime roleplayer disease

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I don't even really get jake's perspective in a lot of these posts

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I don't even really get jake's perspective in a lot of these posts

i just don't think he likes when people vote for him,

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah think there's a scum between jake and EXAKT. I'll vote for either of them, I don't really see a strong case on anybody else.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Like this post about pmom responding to a vague jakep post is pretty wild given how jakep was just running a clinic on how to misinterpret posts

JakeP posted:

and pmom either really dumb or scum intentionally misreading what I said to say something it did not

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

##vote Zetsubou-San

His JakeP vote seems scummy.

where are you two?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

JakeP posted:

I don't think I am going to have any more time to post today, so just watch the terrible reasoning, and misconstruations of my posts by the people who are bending over backwards to rationalize voting for me, and good luck

I like how you don't actually make any attempt explain yourself or clarify the issues that people are having with your posts, but instead you just dismiss them. If the reasoning was so terrible, or misconstrued, it should be easy for you to explain the whys and hows. While I'm sure you actually have something to do, getting to take off and not explain yourself is also rather convenient.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I don't hae the time to do that, and I assume there will be more coming that you will be able to look at, I am resigning myself to an apathy lynch at this point

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Roydrowsy posted:

where are you two?

Been a busy day. Started vacation, confirmed that I'm going to be a daddy :3:

Anyhow, I've taken a less vocal stance this D1 partly because of laziness, but also because it gives me a chance to step back and read. I don't like Captain Foo's play, but the most opportunistic vote placed came from Zetsubo, it may not be great, but it felt like a "Oh good, someone's getting momentum, let me sneak in a vote" vote.

JakeP seems the same to me. Captain Foo seems the same to me. Meta reads are unreliable, and there's a good chance our results may be less than desirable, but I can't be the only person eager to blow his load tonight.

In the process of a complete reread if anything pops out before deadline I'll switch vote.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:
I am here now! Sorry about my absence, I haven't had access to my computer for like, 24 hours. Also I'm about to go out and retrieve the cellphone I lost yesterday from the person who found it, so I don't have time to read over 200 posts at this exact moment, but when I get back in tonight I'll read through and see what's what.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Been a busy day. Started vacation, confirmed that I'm going to be a daddy :3:

Anyhow, I've taken a less vocal stance this D1 partly because of laziness, but also because it gives me a chance to step back and read. I don't like Captain Foo's play, but the most opportunistic vote placed came from Zetsubo, it may not be great, but it felt like a "Oh good, someone's getting momentum, let me sneak in a vote" vote.

JakeP seems the same to me. Captain Foo seems the same to me. Meta reads are unreliable, and there's a good chance our results may be less than desirable, but I can't be the only person eager to blow his load tonight.

In the process of a complete reread if anything pops out before deadline I'll switch vote.

congrats on babby gangsta!!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

however, what does this mean? i'm having a real difficult time parsing this part of your post

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

confirmed that I'm going to be a daddy :3:

Congratulations! :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Wow Jake, how do you get a probation in GBS.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

...Even with the probation, I'm not voting for Jake.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

apostateCourier posted:

...Even with the probation, I'm not voting for Jake.

That's cool. Vote for Exakt.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

Oh. Yeah. I'm cool with that. ##vote Exakt

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

King Burgundy posted:

hey could you mind restating the case on me?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Met replaces JakeP

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EXAKT Science posted:

hey could you mind restating the case on me?

Other people will have to speak for themselves. Here was mine:

OmegaGoo posted:

King Burgundy, can you explain your vote on Exakt? Is it a bandwagon, or do you actively have a scumread on him?

Any time I see someone post something like this:

EXAKT Science posted:

seriously tho, i know goo is new but he's posted absolutely nothing of substance so far and i would like to hear more from him.

when they themselves have posted nothing of substance, it pings my scumdar.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Here is where we are at, little under 2 hours left:

Votecount for Day 1

EXAKT Science (4): GulagDolls, Pinterest Mom, King Burgundy, apostateCourier
Met (3): EXAKT Science, GulagDolls, Zetsubou-san, EXAKT Science, GulagDolls, Captain Foo, Roydrowsy
GulagDolls (1): MMM Whatchya Say
MMM Whatchya Say (1): King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Met
OmegaGoo (1): GulagDolls, apostateCourier, GulagDolls, EXAKT Science, Captain Foo, apostateCourier, Captain Foo
Zetsubou-san (1): Ghastly Gangsta, Met, Met
King Burgundy (0): OmegaGoo, OmegaGoo
Roydrowsy (0): apostateCourier, apostateCourier
Captain Foo (0): Met, Met

Not Voting (2): OmegaGoo, The Carpet Shark

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 02nd, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

King Burgundy posted:

Other people will have to speak for themselves. Here was mine:

Any time I see someone post something like this:

when they themselves have posted nothing of substance, it pings my scumdar.

is that all?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EXAKT Science posted:

is that all?

Yup.

People aren't really saying a lot. And it is day 1. That is enough.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
alright, just wanted to check. i've seen worse day 1 cases, but you're wrong. i think MMM is a better vote today.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Lynch all liars ##vote gulag alright see you D2
this is MMM's only vote so far. then he makes this post:

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Yeah think there's a scum between jake and EXAKT. I'll vote for either of them, I don't really see a strong case on anybody else.
"one of these two guys is a scum, i'll vote either one. i don't think there's a good case on anyone else" *continues voting gulag*

##vote MMM

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

EXAKT Science posted:

alright, just wanted to check. i've seen worse day 1 cases, but you're wrong. i think MMM is a better vote today.

this is MMM's only vote so far. then he makes this post:

"one of these two guys is a scum, i'll vote either one. i don't think there's a good case on anyone else" *continues voting gulag*

##vote MMM

this isn't a good argument at all

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

it's early enough in the game I want met's play to stand on its own so with my final post of the day I will ##vote exakt

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
ugh gently caress's sake i'm the doctor

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hmmmm.

I guess I'm willing to let that claim play out.

##unvote

Unless people suddenly show up and start chatting though, looking like a no cuddle for the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
four of us could swing to Met

• Locked thread