Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Rocksmith also got in on the zombies thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS2QGKCeG88

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0_mfWUgIGI

Syka
Mar 24, 2007
sum n00b or wut?
Rock Band also featured the undead at one point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tl8B4Mb7nE

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lego rock band loving ruled

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The world wasn't ready for LEGO Rock Band.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Remember when CaptUnderpants leaked the existence of Lego Rock Band in a power point on this forum and we thought it was a joke

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Duck_King posted:

This just in: Activision announces Guitar Hero MOBA.

No joke a rock band MMO or RPG where you go around leveling up in towns by battling other people in guitar duels and then challenging bans to earn trainer badges or whatever would be cool as gently caress.

There's few games that wouldn't work well that way, honestly. Like fighting games should really do a pokemon style game where you get into fighting battles instead of pokemon battles. SoulCalibur almost came close but the later games have given up trying to create a campaign like that completely.

You'd think they'd do that once instead of crapping out 5 games based on the beatles and metallica and stuff but I guess that takes way more effort :shrug:

Fina posted:

Rocksmith also got in on the zombies thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS2QGKCeG88

House of the Chords is super cool and a great idea.

I just loving wish they'd let you skip to the higher levels. I don't need to practice loving power chords for 3 hours, what in the christ.

You don't even unlock simple poo poo like major chords for a long time, much less things I actually need to practice like 7ths and suspended and augmented chords.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 2, 2015

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

No joke a rock band MMO or RPG where you go around leveling up in towns by battling other people in guitar duels and then challenging bans to earn trainer badges or whatever would be cool as gently caress.

There's few games that wouldn't work well that way, honestly. Like fighting games should really do a pokemon style game where you get into fighting battles instead of pokemon battles. SoulCalibur almost came close but the later games have given up trying to create a campaign like that completely.

Used to have this fantasy of a Buckethead game featuring a plastic guitar that was pretty much exactly this

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

Zaphod42 posted:

I just loving wish they'd let you skip to the higher levels. I don't need to practice loving power chords for 3 hours, what in the christ.

You don't even unlock simple poo poo like major chords for a long time, much less things I actually need to practice like 7ths and suspended and augmented chords.

Yeah, I felt like it was a bit of a regression of the first Chordead game which very quickly progressed to harder chords once you nailed a few easy ones instead of just repeating a small set for each stage.

Fistful of Silence
Aug 22, 2003

Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful.

Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine posted:

The world wasn't ready for LEGO Rock Band.

Seriously. Still the best Rock Band.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

toymach1ne posted:

Used to have this fantasy of a Buckethead game featuring a plastic guitar that was pretty much exactly this

I am still actively pissed there was not a fake-plastic-guitar control scheme for Brutal Legend.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Couldn't you use it to do the little Magic/Summoning minigame? Or am I making poo poo up again in my head

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
C3 custom song releases for July 3, 2015:

New! The 1980s C03 20-pack
  • Aerosmith - "Rag Doll" M (Neversoft, Nunchuck, Lowlander, and farottone)
  • The Beach Boys - "Kokomo" (farottone and GanonMetroid)
  • Belinda Carlisle - "Heaven is a Place on Earth" (farottone)
  • Billy Joel - "Uptown Girl" (Ultimate_MANG0 ft. farottone)
  • Cher - "If I Could Turn Back Time" (farottone)
  • Depeche Mode - "Just Can't Get Enough" (farottone)
  • Dire Straits - "Money for Nothing" M (Neversoft and TrojanNemo)
  • George Harrison - "Got My Mind Set on You" (farottone)
  • Madness - "Our House" (Ultimate_MANG0 ft. farottone)
  • Madonna - "Material Girl" (farottone)
  • Michael Jackson - "Billie Jean" (funkydunkleman and farottone)
  • Phil Collins - "Sussudio" (Dash Riprock and farottone)
  • Queen - "A Kind of Magic" (farottone and Banzai85)
  • The Rolling Stones - "Start Me Up" (Kemiroch, ws54, CrazyCanuck, and farottone)
  • Rush - "New World Man" (DoNotPassGo and ejthedj ft. farottone)
  • Sade - "The Sweetest Taboo" (farottone)
  • The Traveling Wilburys - "Handle with Care" (ws54)
  • U2 - "Desire" (farottone)
  • Whitesnake - "Fool for Your Loving" (farottone)
  • Yes - "Changes" (farottone)

The Eightiestravaganza is now concluded. It was so rad. We hope you enjoyed it. :parrot:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Whoa there are some thoroughly good songs right there.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

pksage posted:

C3 custom song releases for July 3, 2015:

New! The 1980s C03 20-pack

:vince: :vince: :vince:

Holy.

loving.

poo poo.

This is my personal Best Rock Band Week Ever.

I love you guys. :love:

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

:vince: :vince: :vince:

Holy.

loving.

poo poo.

This is my personal Best Rock Band Week Ever.

I love you guys. :love:

Seriously. Motherfucking Dire Straits and more Phil Collins.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I was planning on playing TF2 all weekend but gently caress THAT.

The second best Dire Straits song ever, I NEED to play that. Continually.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

how are you guys still alive after that

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

pksage posted:

[*]Belinda Carlisle - "Heaven is a Place on Earth" (farottone)
Always thought that should have been official DLC.

quote:

[*]Depeche Mode - "Just Can't Get Enough" (farottone)
[*]Madness - "Our House" (Ultimate_MANG0 ft. farottone)
owns, so does the rest but these in particular.

Stage Beans
May 16, 2007

holy poo poo! bless your hearts.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Kaboobi posted:

how are you guys still alive after that

farottone is not a mortal man.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

20 songs and I'll be grabbing at least 15 of them. This is getting absurd. Thanks a ton!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

pksage posted:

• Queen - "A Kind of Magic" (farottone and Banzai85)
  • Rush - "New World Man" (DoNotPassGo and ejthedj ft. farottone)
  • Yes - "Changes" (farottone)

I don't own a console that can play Rock Band anymore, nor do I own any instruments, nor do I even know how I'd go about modding a console to let me play these songs.

That is not stopping me from contemplating dropping like $300 and a lot of effort to play these three songs because holy gently caress

Changes!!!!!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Hey pksage, is there a thread on the C3 forums going over the 360 process since Microsoft updated it recently? Do you not have to use party buffalo, or whatever, anymore? I only found the old instructions.

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

I know, right?! Such a great song, unless you play guitar/keys/bass in which case you might end up hating the intro. :D

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

Sir Tonk posted:

Hey pksage, is there a thread on the C3 forums going over the 360 process since Microsoft updated it recently? Do you not have to use party buffalo, or whatever, anymore? I only found the old instructions.

Format a USB stick on the Xbox 360 after the update, download our C3 CON Tools, launch RBtoUSB, copy files as if it was a normal file explorer. It even copies the much needed TU4 for you on the stick, no questions asked, just because Nemo felt it should. :)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
But I have a Mac :(

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

Sir Tonk posted:

But I have a Mac :(

I suppose then DON'T format your drive and keep using one of the older tools for Mac OS to transfer files to the Xbox 360. ;)

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
Yep, I don't have any experience with Mac OS, so the Tools are strictly Windows only. Sorry?

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
This is why I do not use the tools, though I'm sure they're very good.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Yeah I thought Microsoft changed the file structure and you could just copy the files directly, but all the E3 news covered up that part of the thread where it was announced.

edit

Got it to work by viewing hidden files in OSX and creating the folders that're in the shots of party buffalo in the tutorial video. Dropped in TU4 and copied over a few hundred songs and it only saw like thirty of them on the 360. The rest showed as "corrupted save file" or something like that.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 3, 2015

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Even if you're on Mac, there's no need to worry about any of the injector programs anymore.

Follow the old directions about copying and moving song caches and preference files, but now instead of needing any middleware you can explore the file folders on the USB natively. Just find the same directory and drag/drop your songs in a few dozen at a time. (Helps prevent corruptions.)

Weirdly, though, my Lego Rock Band songs don't work now when I do customs offline and not logged in? Not a big deal, but strange.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
So it seems to be catching most of the songs when it's small batches, just tried three groups totalling twenty, but it's showing an equal number of corrupt files to the number of songs I'm loading when looking at the files on the 360. Is that just something that'll always be there as a byproduct?

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
No, usually if it shows as corrupt when exploring the 360 then it's... actually corrupt. If they're on right, they should show their album art in the icon and everything. Just try those again.

Unless you mean it's showing some kind of shadow duplicate broken files or something, in which case I have no idea but if the proper files work in RB3 then who cares.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SatansBestBuddy posted:

The second best Dire Straits song ever, I NEED to play that. Continually.

All of Dire Straits' ten best songs predate "Money For Nothing" by years. :colbert:

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014

Sir Tonk posted:

So it seems to be catching most of the songs when it's small batches, just tried three groups totalling twenty, but it's showing an equal number of corrupt files to the number of songs I'm loading when looking at the files on the 360. Is that just something that'll always be there as a byproduct?

Copying over the files should not corrupt them. So either 1) they're already corrupt or 2) you're copying them into the wrong folder. If you have DLC mixed in with customs, DLC will show up corrupted in the customs folder, and customs will show up corrupted in the DLC folder. It's a difference of a 1 vs a 2 at the end of the folder structure, but it makes or breaks compatibility in the Xbox since that tells it what to look for, and then it finds something that doesn't match. It's really the main reason for tools like RBtoUSB at this point - knowing where to place each file.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
So, uh, maybe there's a reason why the backwards compatible instruments are a little more limited than we expect.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/4/889..._source=twitter

Huh. I'm keeping my wireless drums, but maybe I'll consider the game+guitar package. Especially since I'm currently using an RB1 guitar.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Gaspar Lewis posted:

No, usually if it shows as corrupt when exploring the 360 then it's... actually corrupt. If they're on right, they should show their album art in the icon and everything. Just try those again.

Unless you mean it's showing some kind of shadow duplicate broken files or something, in which case I have no idea but if the proper files work in RB3 then who cares.

Yeah it's like a bunch of shadow files.

Got about a hundred out of 120 to work, but most of the other DLC songs that were already on it don't work :negative:

I've gone through like three 360's and remember there being an online check for DLC with transferred content, or something like that, back in the day. Is that a potential concern? I'm not planning on ever using this system online for RB3 again, so don't need to bother with a backup TU5 setup.

TrojanNemo posted:

Copying over the files should not corrupt them. So either 1) they're already corrupt or 2) you're copying them into the wrong folder. If you have DLC mixed in with customs, DLC will show up corrupted in the customs folder, and customs will show up corrupted in the DLC folder. It's a difference of a 1 vs a 2 at the end of the folder structure, but it makes or breaks compatibility in the Xbox since that tells it what to look for, and then it finds something that doesn't match. It's really the main reason for tools like RBtoUSB at this point - knowing where to place each file.

All my DLC is on the main HD. At this point I'm going to borrow a PC from someone and try it again with RBtoUSB to see if the problem persists.

And thanks for the help, y'all.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 4, 2015

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
for those who care

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/amazon-guitar-hero-live-bundle-99-96-30-off-1765511

$30 off the Bundle on Amazon.ca

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalamaf
Mar 1, 2007

Awesome, I had pre-ordered both the GH Live bundle and the RB4 Band in a Box a couple weeks ago, when I checked my order list today it shows them both at the cheaper price. $99 and $269