Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

And GG, not to be a rude dick, but actually a little bit, after the way I tossed you around in our last game together you should at least realize that I have a grasp of this game and that I'm doing things with some sort of purpose, yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

And GG, not to be a rude dick, but actually a little bit, after the way I tossed you around in our last game together you should at least realize that I have a grasp of this game and that I'm doing things with some sort of purpose, yeah?

Your play at large just seems pompous to me, but elements therein seem scummy. Maybe it's also just a personal read, but I have no way to know for sure.

##unvote

I'll hold off on a vote for a bit. I just started my vacation so I'll do a reread of the game tonight.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Hi all - I'm hoping we can avoid waiting until 2am tonight to come to a consensus? I've been going through some real-life stuff this week (turns out it's difficult to buy a car without money, free time, or another car) and can't necessarily guarantee I will be around tonight.

oxidation posted:

What about it seems scummy to you?

I'd be willing to vote Grandi. The cop roleclaim is definitely a last ditch 'please dont lynch me' move, and if he's not cop I doubt the real cop is gonna step forward and expose themselves. It's a really safe move on his part considering the hole he dug himself into by claiming a powerrole right at the start of D2. Then again, a part of me feels like he's a townie in a really unfortunate situation -- but that part of me is smaller than the part that think he's a scum panicking for a way to survive.

This vote definitely isn't set in stone.

##vote Grandicap

At the risk of blowing up your spot, is this a counterclaim? :raise:

EXAKT Science posted:

whoa scumpost

What made you say/think this? And what is your opinion on GG this game?

##vote EXAKT - I'm willing to give Grandi the benefit of the doubt (although I am curious to hear more from Oxi) and feel like EXAKT has been unusually non-inquisitive this game.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

EXAKT Science (2): GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, Murmur Twin
Grandicap (2): Opopanax, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, oxidation, Murmur Twin
Kumbamontu (1): Ghastly Gangsta, EXAKT Science, Ghastly Gangsta
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE (1): Grandicap, Grandicap, Grandicap, Ghastly Gangsta, Ghastly Gangsta
Opopanax (1): Ghastly Gangsta, yuming, Grandicap, Grandicap, Ghastly Gangsta
MMM Whatchya Say (1): GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, MMM Whatchya Say, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE

Not Voting (3): Ghastly Gangsta, Hal Incandenza, Kumbamontu

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 03rd, 2015 at 11 a.m. EDT -- that's in about 20 hours, 7 minutes.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Why do I have a vote on myself?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Ah yes.

Opop is very scummy. He is the scum to kill. ##vote opop

It was this post? Looks like an error. Please revote.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hi guys I'm around all day (sicknasty day off ~!_!~) so feel free to pester me for questions if you have them and I'll post. I plan on doing more things ITT after a few games of cs.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I deleted the "opop" alias I had on votefinder

##vote opop

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

##vote opop

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I was reading things over and really wanted to believe MMT was scum but I actually just cannot wrap it into reality for myself. I'll be back with an opop read.

---

Ah yes.

Opop is very scummy. He is the scum to kill. ##vote opop

---

Perhaps people need a case (a little weird to demand imo)

Here it is:

Opop has been faking not great opinions. His case on grandi is forced and reformed while his apparent following of MMT is questionable.

Is this still your strongest read? Any interest in expounding on your ~feelings~ on me/Hal?

Much like with EXAKT, I feel like a town MMM would have more interest in either (a) verifying his reads are correct through questioning things or (b) trying to convince other people that he's correct. Right now his cases give me the impression of "for appearances sake" instead of being what he believes - it seems weird to question why we would want to hear thought processes behind his votes, because (in my mind) that's how scum is found.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

##vote opop

I promise I didn't do that. I find it a very dick move

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Grandi is afraid. He is scum and he knows Diqnol is much less lazy than me and might actually get some momentum going

This is kind of ridiculous. First off I don't think Grandi is a panicky player. Second off, nothing about the way Grandi played his claim out today seems like how a scum would do it, especially given how little actual pressure Grandi was under, vote-wise.

I can't decipher if you are playing "eh, who cares about anything" town Opop or "eh, who cares about anything" scum Opop. You are a very frustrating person Opop.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

I promise I didn't do that. I find it a very dick move

But also a good person who would not sink to such base levels

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I think it's from an earlier game

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

But anyway I'll come back to this game in a bit I've got another bearing deadline

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kumba continues to be suspicious today. His only post with any content is just attacking people that have expressed suspicion of him and even within that he doesn't really offer alignment opinions on them.

Otherwise we have this decisive stance on GG:

Kumbamontu posted:

this is probably a scum post

##vote Kumbamontu

I don't mind that he isn't posting a lot, but town Kumba would be making reads not just playing defense

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Feels like meta reads are fueling most of the cases. I cannot attest to Kumba or Grandicap's play. I do find EXAKT less inquisitorial than usual. Opop is a harder read given his nonchalance.

I'll make a vote/case in a bit.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Feels like meta reads are fueling most of the cases. I cannot attest to Kumba or Grandicap's play. I do find EXAKT less inquisitorial than usual. Opop is a harder read given his nonchalance.

I'll make a vote/case in a bit.

Well I don't think it is just meta, at least in my case. Kumba has been defensive and hasn't had a strong read all game. That's scummy in general and the only meta is that Kumba isn't a bad player.

Same with Grandi, anyone coming out with a claim like that would seem town to me, bonus that Grandi isn't the type to have some complex scheme for dragging out a claim like that.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well I don't think it is just meta, at least in my case. Kumba has been defensive and hasn't had a strong read all game. That's scummy in general and the only meta is that Kumba isn't a bad player.

Same with Grandi, anyone coming out with a claim like that would seem town to me, bonus that Grandi isn't the type to have some complex scheme for dragging out a claim like that.

Here's who I wouldn't vote today based off of play I've seen:

Grandicap
You, Hal Incandenza
MMT
MMM

Here's who I would vote today based off of play I've seen:
Oxi
Opop
Diqnol

Here are suspicions and substitutes for who I'd vote today:
EXAKT
Kumba

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Kumba continues to be suspicious today. His only post with any content is just attacking people that have expressed suspicion of him and even within that he doesn't really offer alignment opinions on them.

##vote Kumbamontu

I don't mind that he isn't posting a lot, but town Kumba would be making reads not just playing defense

I just caught a glimpse into the human brain after reading this post, thank you Hal. My eyes rolled so far into the back of my head I was watching my own synapses firing like fireworks, it was quite a spectacle.

I spent my mafia time yesterday responding to cases given that half the thread had commented on or cased me, and work has been firing on all cylinders today. We still have plenty of time, and even still, I think my thoughts re: GG & Exakt in my big post from yesterday here brought up good points as to exactly why their cases on me are not only wrong, but scummy. It's not like I am lashing out at everyone that mentioned or voted me. If you were unable to read between the lines, I think GG is scum and Exakt is likely to be scum along with him. I think oxi's case was lazy and yuming is just wrong.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Opop

Sticking to my guns on this one.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Kumba, as I'm sure you well know, calling someone suspicious and calling someone scum are two different things.

I found you suspicious primarily because you were close for lynch lead on D1 and a number of people were convinced you were up to no good. I've left you in suspicious but not expressed a desire to vote for you outside of the quick D2 vote which I realized was bad and unvoted.

I'm not the scum you're looking for if you're town, and if you are scum I don't know what to say.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Being suspicious of someone because other people are suspicious of them is A Very Bad Reason to be suspicious of someone.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kumbamontu posted:

I just caught a glimpse into the human brain after reading this post, thank you Hal. My eyes rolled so far into the back of my head I was watching my own synapses firing like fireworks, it was quite a spectacle.

I laughed. Is a description of a rolleyes as scummy as a smilie of a rolleyes?

Still, if you don't vote for anyone and just allude to peoples motives while dismissing their points then you shouldn't be all haughty when someone calls you out for not making decisive reads.

oxidation
May 22, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

Hi all - I'm hoping we can avoid waiting until 2am tonight to come to a consensus? I've been going through some real-life stuff this week (turns out it's difficult to buy a car without money, free time, or another car) and can't necessarily guarantee I will be around tonight.

I am not counterclaiming. I am a vanilla townie.

Why the sudden flipflop MMT? The double quoting doesn't fully work, but you went from 'GG is my strongest scum read' to 'I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.':

Murmur Twin posted:

These posts speak to being more focused on staying alive than hunting scum.

These posts speak to trying to preemptively justify not being the NK target despite claiming a PR.

One reason to not claim would be if you're scum vanilla who did the kill last night (hence the defensiveness when Opop voted) and are afraid to claim a role that someone else has, lest you be caught in a lie down the road.

##vote Grandicap - more people have posted and I still have Grandi as my strongest scum read.

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote EXAKT - I'm willing to give Grandi the benefit of the doubt (although I am curious to hear more from Oxi) and feel like EXAKT has been unusually non-inquisitive this game.
What details in particular made you lose faith in your grandi read?

oxidation
May 22, 2011

oxidation posted:

Why the sudden flipflop MMT? The double quoting doesn't fully work, but you went from 'Grandi is my strongest scum read' to 'I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.':

Mafia edit, meant to say grandi!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Murmur Twin posted:

What made you say/think this? And what is your opinion on GG this game?

hey i haven't been doing my ask a lot of questions routine this game for a couple of reasons. one, it's something that contributes a lot to the noisiness of the game, and the past few games i've done it, it's lead to my gathering a lot of suspicion and ending up getting mislunched. also, i have had unexpectedly little access to the internet the past few days, but now that i have moved into my new place and have the internet switch over, that should change.

i thought that oxi's post was a scumpost because of how much he hedges:

oxidation posted:

What about it seems scummy to you?

I'd be willing to vote Grandi. The cop roleclaim is definitely a last ditch 'please dont lynch me' move, and if he's not cop I doubt the real cop is gonna step forward and expose themselves. It's a really safe move on his part considering the hole he dug himself into by claiming a powerrole right at the start of D2. Then again, a part of me feels like he's a townie in a really unfortunate situation -- but that part of me is smaller than the part that think he's a scum panicking for a way to survive.

This vote definitely isn't set in stone.

##vote Grandicap

it starts off with a question to kumba that neither of them ever follows up on, and then oxi goes from "i'd vote grandi, he looks like desperate scum" to " i feel like he could be a townie trapped in a bad situation" back to "but actually i think he's panicking scum" before finally wrapping it up with "but i want to be able to change my mind if need be."

##vote oxidation

would also still vote kumba.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

oxidation posted:

It's mainly the idea that, if we assume Kumba is scum, then his explanation to start the lynch on Birdstrike would be the thing that gets the ball rolling and gets him lynched D1. That's not entirely fair to Kumba, 8 people voted for Bird and they're not all scum, but the confidence he had with the vote strikes me as scummy. Kumba says later that 'conviction is not scummy', and I agree with that, but too much conviction gives me the sense of 'I know something you don't', aka he's scum and knows who the town are.

For Opop, I'm not sure what to think. Day 1 we had the same opinion of grandi, but he ended up switching his vote to Birdstrike, which a lot of people did just to get a lynch. I could see scum, but I could see town too. Not sold on either.
I'm not sure I'd argue too much conviction gives a sense of "I know something you don't," rather that Kumba's push for bird was strategic and he didn't want to change his mind off the easy lynch.

I still think oxi comes off more like a new player than scum.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Votecount for Day 2

Opopanax (3): Ghastly Gangsta, yuming, Grandicap, Grandicap, Ghastly Gangsta, MMM Whatchya Say, Ghastly Gangsta
EXAKT Science (2): GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, Murmur Twin
Grandicap (2): Opopanax, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, oxidation, Murmur Twin
Kumbamontu (1): Ghastly Gangsta, EXAKT Science, Ghastly Gangsta, Hal Incandenza, EXAKT Science
oxidation (1): EXAKT Science
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE (1): Grandicap, Grandicap, Grandicap, Ghastly Gangsta, Ghastly Gangsta
MMM Whatchya Say (0): GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, MMM Whatchya Say, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, MMM Whatchya Say

Not Voting (1): Kumbamontu

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 03rd, 2015 at 11 a.m. EDT -- that's in about 15 hours, 21 minutes.

Remember the early day deadline tomorrow guys.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Opopanax posted:

Grandi is afraid. He is scum and he knows Diqnol is much less lazy than me and might actually get some momentum going
I am really reading Grandi as town and Opop as scum here.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote Kumbamontu

I agree with this case, and would still vote Kumba.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

yuming posted:

I agree with this case, and would still vote Kumba.

yuming let's do it

##vote Kumba

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Ok!

##vote Kumba

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

yuming posted:

I am really reading Grandi as town and Opop as scum here.

Reverse your polarities

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

oxidation posted:

Why the sudden flipflop MMT? The double quoting doesn't fully work, but you went from 'GG is my strongest scum read' to 'I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.':

It was that he claimed cop and wasn't counterclaimed. This makes me assume he's telling the truth about being a cop. Note that I genuinely thought there was a possibility that you were trying to call out Grandi for lying (based on your vote) while trying to dodge a target :)

If he's town, lynching him would be a huge loss, from two perspectives, (a) making scum have to WIFOM against the doctor/bodyguard regarding killing him, and (b) potentially sharing useful investigation results. If he's scum, then there are two other scum out there that we're capable of finding.

It's not that I think he's town so much as I think it's worth waiting until there's more information.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

dead in my other game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

dead in my other game

Who would do such a thing??

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Murmur Twin posted:

It was that he claimed cop and wasn't counterclaimed. This makes me assume he's telling the truth about being a cop.

He's desperate and knows he's caught. He either gets the cop to counter claim and then they know who it is, rides the claim out, or hell maybe he's scum cop.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Opopanax posted:

He's desperate and knows he's caught. He either gets the cop to counter claim and then they know who it is, rides the claim out, or hell maybe he's scum cop.

I'd wager he's actually cop, but he could be scum cop. His play makes me believe town, but I don't doubt his claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

That would make more sense if the situation seemed more desperate. He had some heat but not really any votes. You are making up a narrative to fit your conclusion but it doesn't fit the facts.

• Locked thread