Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Tremendous Taste posted:

I think he's getting at you skirting around asking if I'm lying as town

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Alls I know is, you're not a tracker.

and there you are doing it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

If Taste is telling the truth, I think Narc or Imgay is scum.

More on Narc since she seems so convinced that you are lying, but hasn't given a reason why.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

Good call, it's a common scum error. Lots of newbie scum get busted by roleplaying as Don Corleone.

shouldn't dissuade a guy from posting in this game fam

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

In a game where I am supposed to be suspicious of everything, why shouldn't I be suspicious of someone choosing a heel character as self-imposed flavor?

There's no reason you should be, unless you think EXAKT is a mustache-twirling villain who was thinking "I'll post as a bad guy :devil:" while being scum. I think the choosing to hide posts behind a self-imposed PR is scummy, but the actual choice of what the PR is is pretty much a null tell.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Tremendous Taste posted:

shouldn't dissuade a guy from posting in this game fam
:ironicat:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Pinterest Mom posted:

There's no reason you should be, unless you think EXAKT is a mustache-twirling villain who was thinking "I'll post as a bad guy :devil:" while being scum. I think the choosing to hide posts behind a self-imposed PR is scummy, but the actual choice of what the PR is is pretty much a null tell.
There's a guy on Big Brother this season who said he's going to wear a tophat whenever he's lying as part of his evil alter ego.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Fast Luck posted:

Good call, it's a common scum error. Lots of newbie scum get busted by roleplaying as Don Corleone.

I think that's a whole different thing. I'm not all that big into wrestling, but Hogan was a massive face for almost the entirety of his career. So again, why not just say I'm playing Hulk Hogan as flavor?

How many people here are wrestling fans? Maybe he just thinks people will see the Hogan thing and skip right past the Hollywood part?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i've pretty much begged people itt to post more

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tremendous Taste posted:

I think I've been doing a pretty good job of posting as a new guy. I don't know if I'm right or wrong or whatever, but I'm trying drat it!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

I think I've been doing a pretty good job of posting as a new guy. I don't know if I'm right or wrong or whatever, but I'm trying drat it!

You're doing good!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Tremendous Taste posted:

While telling them their opinions are invalid because they're not as experienced as you are, yeah.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Jesus this is a painful game to read.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Pinterest Mom posted:

You're doing good!
Yeah agreed. I've liked a lot of what Madman has come up with. I just thought it was really funny to imagine scum roleplaying as the Godfather. The Hogan thing is sort of interesting but you're putting too much stock into it I think Madman.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

I'm not doubting Taste's claim and kinda think that people had kept on pushing it.

Can someone choose a person for me to read. It's like digging through mud ugh.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Fast Luck posted:

Yeah agreed. I've liked a lot of what Madman has come up with. I just thought it was really funny to imagine scum roleplaying as the Godfather. The Hogan thing is sort of interesting but you're putting too much stock into it I think Madman.

Oh I don't think it's anything serious, but I do think it's an interesting choice.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Eight Dollars posted:

I'm not doubting Taste's claim and kinda think it's weird that people had kept on pushing it.

Mafia edit.

On the other hand Met's fight with TT makes me think he's town. I don't think scum would put themselves in the forefront of a fight like that.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Madman is doing well even if I disagree with some of his conclusions

Fast Luck posted:

While telling them their opinions are invalid because they're not as experienced as you are, yeah.

explain and improve your bad opinion =/= snarky joke dismissing newbie out of hand

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

You're doing good!

Well that's good to know.

If I go down, I'm gonna go down swinging!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Eight Dollars posted:

Mafia edit.

On the other hand Met's fight with TT makes me think he's town. I don't think scum would put themselves in the forefront of a fight like that.

would you call it a townie slapfight op

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Eight Dollars posted:

I'm not doubting Taste's claim and kinda think that people had kept on pushing it.

Can someone choose a person for me to read. It's like digging through mud ugh.

Fast Luck

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

Oh I don't think it's anything serious, but I do think it's an interesting choice.

so why are you spending so many posts talking about it rather than the other content?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

garthoneeye posted:

If Taste is telling the truth, I think Narc or Imgay is scum.

More on Narc since she seems so convinced that you are lying, but hasn't given a reason why.

A belated thank you.

It certainly is weird that fluck daisy anarc and met won't answer this

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Alls I know is, you're not a tracker.

I think he's lying too, but what makes you so certain?

Every time I've tried to post, I get stuck with work and by the time the post is even half done there's another page of content. It beats D1 but this has just been absurd.

Earlier on it felt like Taste was just trying to generate content, but he's made a lot of bad posts on the last couple of pages. I want to look at them more carefully later on tonight, but that's where my head's at.

TMMadman posted:

I think that's a whole different thing. I'm not all that big into wrestling, but Hogan was a massive face for almost the entirety of his career. So again, why not just say I'm playing Hulk Hogan as flavor?

How many people here are wrestling fans? Maybe he just thinks people will see the Hogan thing and skip right past the Hollywood part?

How is this going to be relevant later? It just struck me as a dumb/cute D1 gimmick.

Besides, heels aren't always bad! Look at CM Punk.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Tremendous Taste posted:

would you call it a townie slapfight op

:shrug: Knowing a bit about Met makes me think he'd rather be one of the crowd when he's scum and try to avoid bringing attention to himself.

Doing it now.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

Tremendous Taste posted:

A belated thank you.

I did answer it dozens of times but you discredited it because I'm a newbie.

8d, you could pull up my posts to see the conversation between myself and Taste today. I quote him a lot, so you can generally follow the conversation. Although it's probably a bit biased since it's from my pov, so maybe in the interest of fairness, just bring up where MMM unlocked the thread this morning.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

So how did that reread go Narc?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Tremendous Taste posted:

A belated thank you.

My vote is already on imgay.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

DaisyDanger posted:

I did answer it dozens of times but you discredited it because I'm a newbie.

8d, you could pull up my posts to see the conversation between myself and Taste today. I quote him a lot, so you can generally follow the conversation. Although it's probably a bit biased since it's from my pov, so maybe in the interest of fairness, just bring up where MMM unlocked the thread this morning.

I only asked it last page Daisy, it can't have been dozens

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

My vote is already on imgay.

That's a dodge, not an answer

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

so why are you spending so many posts talking about it rather than the other content?

4 posts is 'so many'?

I'm starting to get a bit suspicious of all the people pressing on Taste. I know I kind of got the ball rolling with it because I'm super suspicious of PMom and Taste got splashed with that brush and I also don't really like how he posts, but I don't think he's scum at this point.

Sure, he's been suspicious and I'm not sure what's up with that tracker claim, but I'm willing to let that play out for a day.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I agree that Met doesn't come off as scum to me.

I think both Met and Taste thought they had caught the other and then started arguing past each other.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Tremendous Taste posted:

That's a dodge, not an answer
Your logic with the whole tracker claim has been confounding me as I've made clear. Whether it's real or not I find Daisy's posts particularly sincere since she was saying a lot of what I was thinking. If people like Met and Narc don't believe you I don't hold it against them because I don't understand what you're doing myself. However, I have not said I don't think you're a tracker. I think it's possible, it's just that your motives for revealing it have been hard for me to understand, or I just don't agree with them. In any case, if you are tracker, I don't think it will change any of my opinions. I'm voting for imgay.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Propaganda Machine posted:

How is this going to be relevant later? It just struck me as a dumb/cute D1 gimmick.

Besides, heels aren't always bad! Look at CM Punk.

Again, as a new guy, I don't know anything, but couldn't he have added the Hollywood just so he could go back and point at it later laughing that we didn't catch it (if he is scum)?

It just seems like an unnecessary addition. He could have simply said Hulk Hogan.

Questions: How many people here are wrestling fans? And how many people knew that Hogan had a heel turn before I brought it up?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, just to be pedantic, his claim that he was Hollywood Hulk Hogan actually came at the start of D2.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That is to say, his gimmick started on D1, but he didn't actually say what it was until D2.

Although, like I said I knew it was Hogan and was reading all those posts in a Hogan voice.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

Again, as a new guy, I don't know anything, but couldn't he have added the Hollywood just so he could go back and point at it later laughing that we didn't catch it (if he is scum)?

It just seems like an unnecessary addition. He could have simply said Hulk Hogan.

Questions: How many people here are wrestling fans? And how many people knew that Hogan had a heel turn before I brought it up?

yeah i don't know much about old wrestling and didn't realize that hollywood hulk hogan was the heel version. i seriously don't understand how you're continuing to belabor this point. it reads like you're content lurking.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ahem

Tremendous Taste posted:

I only asked it last page Daisy, it can't have been dozens

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Final(?) D2 Taste Lynch Power Rankings

1. Met
2. Narc

3. Daisy
4. Fluck

5. Prop

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
i also all but explicitly flavorclaimed in my first post:

EXAKT Science posted:

I AM HERE AND READY TO LEG DROP A SCUM, BORTHER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKJDAVvs_JA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

What is it you want to know again? Why I think you're lying?

• Locked thread