Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I couldn't. I wouldn't have the sincerity, good faith, and motive to fall back on

I'm not so new to the game that I believe that. You've said yourself that you're a very good scum player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
If I'm going on the assumption that taste IS actually a town tracker, then I'd guess scum are hiding somewhere through this whole ordeal. People like Allen and garth.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm in reh now so can't talk. Please don't lynch me until I get a chance to come back. If it gets to that point I will role claim.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

If I'm going on the assumption that taste IS actually a town tracker, then I'd guess scum are hiding somewhere through this whole ordeal. People like Allen and garth.

I think Allen would be a lot more talkative if he were scum. I'm not so sure about garth either way.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I like how she answers the question once people start voting

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ummm I told you I was driving...?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You also patently refused to answer it lol

Like if I said I'm going to make dinner and come back and say Met is town that doesn't make it OK

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

I'm in reh now so can't talk. Please don't lynch me until I get a chance to come back. If it gets to that point I will role claim.

Wait, what? After getting on Taste for his role claim you're going to pull the same stunt? And let me guess, your role will have something to do with knowing that Taste is lying, so we should believe you.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Propaganda Machine posted:

Wait, what? After getting on Taste for his role claim you're going to pull the same stunt? And let me guess, your role will have something to do with knowing that Taste is lying, so we should believe you.
inb4 she claims town watcher or something

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Propaganda Machine posted:

Well yeah that's exactly how I know taste is lying. Did people think I was pulling it out of my rear end? Why would I have been so drat sure that he's lying if I had nothing to back it up.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i think taste is an sk

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah, I've played real life before, but this is my first forum game.

Also, I don't normally post a whole lot in anything I do.

I've tried to be a little better about it today.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Well yeah that's exactly how I know taste is lying. Did people think I was pulling it out of my rear end? Why would I have been so drat sure that he's lying if I had nothing to back it up.

Ok, what's your role

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

"IM ALSO A TRACKER!!!"

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

i think taste is an sk

That could be an interesting twist to all his arguments.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I wish

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Tremendous Taste posted:

"IM ALSO A TRACKER!!!"

See, this is rude.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Only if you're hypersensitive

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Here's how it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk8eJh4i8Lo

Taste kills me in the night. He gets a message that the action is successful but I'm still alive, which only happens if the target is bulletproof.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

If an action is unsuccessful (if it's roleblocked, the target is jailed or otherwise invalid) the player making the action will be informed it was not successful but will not be informed why.

A kill action against a bulletproof player or a protected player will be considered successful even though the target doesn't die. A vig targeting a protected or bulletproof player will lose their shot.

because there's only one SK in the game, he knows I'm town 1-shot bulletproof. That means I can't have gone anywhere last night, so claiming to have tracked me nowhere is safe.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

If there were an SK, would we normally see two kills in the night? Outside of the scenario Pmom is talking about.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I was skimming over the first posts of rules/roles and noticed this:

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Action resolution

This is mostly non essential stuff to know, but if you want to get into the various nitty gritty stuff, here is how the roles interact with each other.

Scum roleblocker can also submit a kill in addition to the roleblock. Both targets will be given if tracked.

I know it's kind of stirring poo poo up again from the PMom argument, but Taste's claim that because PMom didn't go anywhere so she must be town because the scum would send a vanilla out to kill doesn't hold water. Anyone who is scum can make the kill.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Butttt if that were the case anarc wouldn't have a way to say her result showed me lying

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

Butttt if that were the case anarc wouldn't have a way to say her result showed me lying

You can both be bad~

You would have been planning to withhold your kill the rest of the game, of course.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TMMadman posted:

I was skimming over the first posts of rules/roles and noticed this:

I know it's kind of stirring poo poo up again from the PMom argument, but Taste's claim that because PMom didn't go anywhere so she must be town because the scum would send a vanilla out to kill doesn't hold water. Anyone who is scum can make the kill.

If a tracker tracks a player to two targets, that player is confirmed scum

It is not a sensible risk to take unless they need to

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

You can both be bad~

You would have been planning to withhold your kill the rest of the game, of course.

That's totally my play style

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I think you trying to catch me caught narc instead haha

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

If a tracker tracks a player to two targets, that player is confirmed scum

It is not a sensible risk to take unless they need to

Yeah.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Tremendous Taste posted:

she wasn't planning on saying that her result said you were lying. she implied that her role made her think you were lying.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Pinterest Mom posted:

Here's how it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk8eJh4i8Lo

Taste kills me in the night. He gets a message that the action is successful but I'm still alive, which only happens if the target is bulletproof.

because there's only one SK in the game, he knows I'm town 1-shot bulletproof. That means I can't have gone anywhere last night, so claiming to have tracked me nowhere is safe.

Are you serious? Not being sarcastic. I'm genuinely curious if you think this is going on. I don't read sarcasm too well, myself.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Nah this is super strong

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

EXAKT Science posted:

she wasn't planning on saying that her result said you were lying. she implied that her role made her think you were lying.

No taste. Exakt is correct here.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Met posted:

Are you serious? Not being sarcastic. I'm genuinely curious if you think this is going on. I don't read sarcasm too well, myself.

##vote tremendous taste

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

No taste. Exakt is correct here.

What? You need to claim here.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I have incontrovertible proof taste is scum!

What I really meant is...

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Is that a serious vote j

Don't tease met if not

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##unvote while anarc frantically tries to come up with something :allears:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, the only think ANarc could claim is that she is the jailor or cop right?

Either she claims she is the jailer and thus Taste couldn't have followed PMom even if he was a second tracker or she claims she is the cop and investigated Taste and he came up scum.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
It's funny that you think I'd have to frantically come up with something. I have been unwavering in saying that taste is lying (since the second he claimed it) and I have something to back it up.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Well, the only think ANarc could claim is that she is the jailor or cop right?

Either she claims she is the jailer and thus Taste couldn't have followed PMom even if he was a second tracker or she claims she is the cop and investigated Taste and he came up scum.

There could be more than one tracker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny that you think I'd have to frantically come up with something. I have been unwavering in saying that taste is lying (since the second he claimed it) and I have something to back it up.

##vote anarc

• Locked thread