Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Tremendous Taste posted:

You won't.

If you want, I'll do the quit mafia promise with you
Stop toxxing bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I really don't think it does because there could be town vanilla and scum vanilla.

Scum vanilla does the kill for reasons we have established

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

That's quite a switch g

Something has rubbed me the wrong way about you since D2 began, but I couldn't put my finger on it. PMom's serial killer theory makes sense to me. It was why you didn't ping as untruthful knowing PMom had no night action, but makes more sense than your role claim being the complete truth.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's not a toxx fluck

Anyway, can someone not cooking dinner take a look to see what anarc said when the discussion centered around 1) tracking someone nowhere and 2) the possibility of multiple people with the same role?

I feel she agreed with met's setup disallowing for 2) but that's today

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Tremendous Taste posted:

That's what you say.

Anyway, I just got yelled at for being on my phone so I gotta go. Hopefully I'll be back before deadline and you guys will come to your senses.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

scum vanilla does the kill because targeting two people at once automatically outs you as scum to a tracker. It's such an unnecessary risk.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Tremendous Taste posted:

That's not absolutely true and you're assuming there aren't multiple scum vanillas.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Isn't it standard practice that someone doing a kill can't perform whatever other action they may have (i.e. a scum roleblocker can either kill or roleblock not both)? Or is that no longer the case here

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't go anywhere last night.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

##vote Taste

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Met posted:

That's not absolutely true and you're assuming there aren't multiple scum vanillas.

I'm assuming scum is intelligent I guess

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Chic Trombone posted:

Isn't it standard practice that someone doing a kill can't perform whatever other action they may have (i.e. a scum roleblocker can either kill or roleblock not both)? Or is that no longer the case here

MMM said in the OP that roleblockers CAN roleblock and kill in the same night.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

So, in a game with 4 scum, 2 of whom at very least went somewhere last night, anarc voted imgay on the chance that he was that 1 or 2 out of, say 8 or 9 players that didn't go anywhere last night (vanilla+bp+)

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Oh, I missed that then.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Action resolution

Scum roleblocker can also submit a kill in addition to the roleblock. Both targets will be given if tracked.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

So, in a game with 4 scum, 2 of whom at very least went somewhere last night, anarc voted imgay on the chance that he was that 1 or 2 out of, say 8 or 9 players that didn't go anywhere last night (vanilla+bp+)

I don't think she's a stupid player, and frankly I'd say believing her story requires you to do so

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Chic Trombone posted:

That is not the case in this game. Directly from the second post:

drat it, posted it in the other window.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't think she's a stupid player, and frankly I'd say believing her story requires you to do so
She did not vote imgay on D2.

:c: The Current Day 2 Votecount :c:

Tremendous Taste (5): Met, DaisyDanger, Allen Wren, -Allen Wren, AnonymousNarcotics, Pinterest Mom, -Pinterest Mom, garthoneeye, Fast Luck
AnonymousNarcotics (4): Tremendous Taste, -Tremendous Taste, garthoneeye, Tremendous Taste, Eight Dollars, Pinterest Mom, Propaganda Machine, -garthoneeye
Propaganda Machine (1): imgay
TMMadman (1): Tremendous Taste, -Tremendous Taste, EXAKT Science
EXAKT Science (0): Pinterest Mom, -Pinterest Mom
imgay (0): DaisyDanger, Fast Luck, garthoneeye, -DaisyDanger, -garthoneeye, -Fast Luck
Met (0): Pinterest Mom, Tremendous Taste, -Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, -Tremendous Taste, -Pinterest Mom
Pinterest Mom (0): TMMadman, Met, -Met, -TMMadman
Eight Dollars (0): Pinterest Mom, -Pinterest Mom
DaisyDanger (0): EXAKT Science, -EXAKT Science
Allen Wren (0): Pinterest Mom, -Pinterest Mom

Not Voting (4): Allen Wren, Chic Trombone, HiipFire, TMMadman

:h: With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is July 02nd, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 24 minutes.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Chic Trombone posted:

Scum roleblocker can do both actions.

Scum vanilla absolutely does the kill in this game, and almost certainly the proportion of town players in the pool of players not taking actions is larger than the proportion of town players in the pool of players taking actions.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

She did not vote imgay on D2.

:c: The Current Day 2 Votecount :c:

Tremendous Taste (5): Met, DaisyDanger, Allen Wren, -Allen Wren, AnonymousNarcotics, Pinterest Mom, -Pinterest Mom, garthoneeye, Fast Luck
AnonymousNarcotics (4): Tremendous Taste, -Tremendous Taste, garthoneeye, Tremendous Taste, Eight Dollars, Pinterest Mom, Propaganda Machine, -garthoneeye
Propaganda Machine (1): imgay
TMMadman (1): Tremendous Taste, -Tremendous Taste, EXAKT Science
EXAKT Science (0): Pinterest Mom, -Pinterest Mom
imgay (0): DaisyDanger, Fast Luck, garthoneeye, -DaisyDanger, -garthoneeye, -Fast Luck
Met (0): Pinterest Mom, Tremendous Taste, -Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, -Tremendous Taste, -Pinterest Mom
Pinterest Mom (0): TMMadman, Met, -Met, -TMMadman
Eight Dollars (0): Pinterest Mom, -Pinterest Mom
DaisyDanger (0): EXAKT Science, -EXAKT Science
Allen Wren (0): Pinterest Mom, -Pinterest Mom

Not Voting (4): Allen Wren, Chic Trombone, HiipFire, TMMadman

:h: With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is July 02nd, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 24 minutes.

Oh, I assumed the part where she talked about lynching him today contained a vote

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tremendous Taste posted:

Oh, I assumed the part where she talked about lynching him today contained a vote

this is her post wrt imgay today just so people don't need to go looking for it:

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Way to OMGUS taste.

I stand behind everything I said on day 1 wrt imgay and I still wouldn't mind lynching him. It's not anti town to want out someone who, in my experience, plays anti town regardless of given alignment.

The reason I didn't change my vote to pmush was explained and doesn't need to be rehashed.

Sorry I haven't gotten around to the reread I do have a real life.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mathematically, if we assume 16 players last night

4 scum, let's say vanilla stays still
1 sk?
1 cop
1 doc
1 tracker
1 bp
1 vig
1 jailer
5 vt

that's 7 players staying still. One is scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TMMadman posted:

this is her post wrt imgay today just so people don't need to go looking for it:

Ok, it's just straight up wanting a guy out who's likely town, great

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Tremendous Taste posted:

She said she stood by her argument that he is not helpful to town. And that argument does have merit. We know he burned her in a couple previous games just for the hell of it. I like imgay and think he's funny, but also in Awful Survivor he didn't even try to win, he just tried to advance AnAnonymousIdiot for his own amusement. So yeah you can't really count on him to play to win.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If you're arguing taking imgay out knowing that he's town you should not be playing mafia on these forums

beef is one thing but

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tremendous Taste posted:

Mathematically, if we assume 16 players last night

4 scum, let's say vanilla stays still
1 sk?
1 cop
1 doc
1 tracker
1 bp
1 vig
1 jailer
5 vt

that's 7 players staying still. One is scum.

Ummm, shouldn't it be 2 trackers? After all, we know KB was one and both you and ANarc claim to be one.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Ummm, shouldn't it be 2 trackers? After all, we know KB was one and both you and ANarc claim to be one.

Oh yeah, I was discounting KB because he was dead but including him in the count. it's 1 of 6 then

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Here's the math on the tracker thing. Assume there's no SK.

15 players, assume 4 scum. 1 scum NK, 1 scum roleblocker, so 2 scum going nowhere.

That's 27% scum in the game.

If there are 3 town PRs, that's 5 people moving, 10 people not moving. Scum make up 20% of people not moving, 40% of people moving.
If there are 4 town PRs, that's 6 people moving, 9 people not moving. Scum make up 22% of people not moving, 33% of people moving.
If there are 5 town PRs, that's 7 people moving, 8 people not moving. Scum make up 25% of people not moving, 28% of people moving.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Also, MMM flat out said that not every role will be in the game.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

To those on the fence, look at who is voting who. See who you think is townier from their posting in this game.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

The way she approached imgay, the way she talked about my claim, etc

It's consistent in that she calls me scummy but not in the way she does it

If the role or result she had were true she would have argued different avenues and approached me differently from the start

Nah, I just went and reread and she's been consistently saying "taste is lying" ever since your claim came out, also she didn't argue for imgay above hunting scum nor did she particularly push him today even

Taste buddy I like you and all but I feel like you're deliberately misconstruing her actions today and that makes me wanna ##vote taste

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Also, MMM flat out said that not every role will be in the game.

I'll defer to the professional's calculation

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Chic Trombone posted:

Nah, I just went and reread and she's been consistently saying "taste is lying" ever since your claim came out, also she didn't argue for imgay above hunting scum nor did she particularly push him today even

Taste buddy I like you and all but I feel like you're deliberately misconstruing her actions today and that makes me wanna ##vote taste

I wish you'd read more instead of terraria :(

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Tremendous Taste posted:

If you're arguing taking imgay out knowing that he's town you should not be playing mafia on these forums

beef is one thing but
tracking him nowhere does not confirm him town.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

yes, it just makes it incredibly likelier than not

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Fast Luck posted:

Which is the one thing that is bothering me about Taste because he is saying that because he tracked PMom nowhere then she must be town.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Allen, Hiip, Madman, ES, can I get your votes on narc?

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
Nah put them on Taste please.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Which is the one thing that is bothering me about Taste because he is saying that because he tracked PMom nowhere then she must be town.

it's the reasonable conclusion.

If i get a cop result town on a player, it's possible he's a godfather, but it's much more likely that he's town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

DaisyDanger posted:

Nah put them on Taste please.

I actually want good votes and a town win op

• Locked thread