Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP wasn't really on my list. And Met hasn't even spoken yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Unfortunately this game has the same deadline as another game that some of our players are in, I think it is distracting them.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

Unfortunately this game has the same deadline as another game that some of our players are in, I think it is distracting them.

yeah the other game is much funner :ohdear:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

yeah the other game is much funner :ohdear:

I'm really mad I'm not still in it. :(

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Met seems like a fine kill I guess. Jake really was just throwing poo poo at the wall, but it really sucks to replace into a game and immediately be killed.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Actually it is only 3 players now that I really look at it. I mean, that has an effect, but most of the rest of the folks don't have that excuse.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Been a busy day. Started vacation, confirmed that I'm going to be a daddy :3:

congratulations on this.

Next...

##unvote

With the change in the crew, seems like I should do some re-reading. Follow up to come.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Hey guys, I just replaced JakeP. I have not had the time to read the thread and I'm going to try before the deadline but I do have other obligations this late-afternoon. However I did notice JakeP did claim Miller and I can confirm that is absolutely true.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

So having looked things over, it looks like the two possibles at this point are EXAKT and MMM.

With the Doctor claim, which I can assume somebody will investigate, I gotta go for MMM.
They have floated back and forth in the game, and even after Canada Day is over, they continue to bounce around, feel a bunch of stuff out, but not actually take any action.

So, with that in mind..
##Vote MMM Whatchya Say

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I guess I should reread him.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm finally home and using a real computer and not a phone! Praise the lord.

It's too bad jakep replaced out because I had a pretty strong read there. I think the read is absolutely still viable but now Met's sort of in an awkward spot. No matter:

JakeP posted:

in fact I have the only role that should be confirm-townable by a role cop so Id say im a pretty big deal itt

This is the first big thing for me. JakeP's raw enthusiasm for a role that he thinks will be read as town is pretty strange to me, especially given what JJ said about the setup and how I know JJ's played with this stuff in the past.

His next posts were sort of caught between talking about bread and whining about people suggesting he's not confirmed town. I'm not really a fan of these because making a big stink out of this is a fairly easy way to post a lot without actually bringing much to the table.

Those points are fairly minor but I think the next two things are more significant.

Jake makes this series of posts:

JakeP posted:

Is this for me because I have clearly explained why I think he is scum in my very recent posts

JakeP posted:

lol well this is scummy, its like you actually are pretending you mentioned me as scum previously, as opposed to just saying that my role doesn't guarentee I am town.

JakeP posted:

like who just sits on cases? Esp with deadline looming? I don't even understand how that is a town playstyle

followed with:

JakeP posted:

and pmom either really dumb or scum intentionally misreading what I said to say something it did not

This is pretty bad because imo he's either projecting motivations onto pmom that lead him to misinterpret things or he's not really forgiving of the mistakes people make when interpreting posts which is pretty ruthless for a player who just did that. This sort of lashing out at any perceived flaw always strikes me as the move of somebody not genuinely looking for who might be scum but instead looking for who can be voted out.

Then there are posts like this

JakeP posted:

MMM also posturing to vote me when he feels the time is right

JakeP posted:

I don't think I am going to have any more time to post today, so just watch the terrible reasoning, and misconstruations of my posts by the people who are bending over backwards to rationalize voting for me, and good luck

Which come across as attempts to intimidate people away from casing him. He's basically preemptively calling people idiots for voting him in a way that strikes me as Very Bad.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, not really feeling it. I guess I'm willing to hammer if it is between him and no cuddle, but that is about it.

Putting myself down on Zet for now, I'll continue to be on till deadline should a miracle occur and people stir themselves.

##vote zetsu

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

As for EXAKT's doc claim, I'm not taking any claim at face value in this sort of game.

Actually that's not quite true, I totally believe he is a doctor I just don't think that prevents him from being scum like in a typical game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

As for EXAKT's doc claim, I'm not taking any claim at face value in this sort of game.

Actually that's not quite true, I totally believe he is a doctor I just don't think that prevents him from being scum like in a typical game.

I agree with you on this, I've been a scum cop in a role madness, but I'm not going to vote out a possible town doctor on d1. We have poo poo loads of tools with our tracking/rolecopping/etc and I'd rather focus on someone else initially until we see flips and have our first nights results.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Not lynching a claimed doctor D1. ##unvote

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

The thing is... if we lynch, we have a wasted opportunity.
1. by claiming doctor, they make themselves a night kill target.
2. which, if they die, there are plenty of people with tracking powers around who might catch it.
3. assuming our role copping powers work properly, this is something we can confirm.

So..why would we want to lynch somebody whose identity will likely be revealed at the start of day2?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I've gotta ##vote Met, I know he hasn't said much but I'm comfortable with my read on jakep and while it's awkward met switched in, it doesn't change my read.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Roydrowsy posted:

The thing is... if we lynch, we have a wasted opportunity.
1. by claiming doctor, they make themselves a night kill target.
2. which, if they die, there are plenty of people with tracking powers around who might catch it.
3. assuming our role copping powers work properly, this is something we can confirm.

So..why would we want to lynch somebody whose identity will likely be revealed at the start of day2?

I think there are problems with this line of logic. like, if EXAKT survives to D2 are you saying they're scum?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I think there are problems with this line of logic. like, if EXAKT survives to D2 are you saying they're scum?

No.. if they survive, i imagine that SOMEBODY went through the effort to use their role cop powers on them to confirm this claim.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

If they die, and they are a doctor, then we didn't do it.
if they die and they are not a doctor, scum took out a liar for us.
if they live - somebody should be able to confirm what they are or are not, somebody HAS to be role copping them tonight.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah but if they're a doctor that tells us nothing about their alignment.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Yeah but if they're a doctor that tells us nothing about their alignment.

okay. i can see this point, but i think that the information we can get out of their actions at night as a doctor are more useful than getting an immediate flip.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
So we lynch the doctor or let the doctor get NK'd, or they don't kill the doctor, we lynch him D2 and then they do whatever N2, Killing whoever N1.

I'm fine with my vote on Zetsubo and I won't be switching onto a claimed doctor.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
whomever?* whoever?* gently caress it.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

So we lynch the doctor or let the doctor get NK'd, or they don't kill the doctor, we lynch him D2 and then they do whatever N2, Killing whoever N1.

I'm fine with my vote on Zetsubo and I won't be switching onto a claimed doctor.

Why would we lynch the doc day 2? This is a weird set of events here.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Okay it'd be suspicious if he didn't die but doctors can self-protect sometimes and there are other roles that can prevent kills.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah I've gotta say, I'm not feeling pressed to vote out EXAKT right now but people are laying out some really weird logic trains here.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

apostateCourier posted:

Okay it'd be suspicious if he didn't die but doctors can self-protect sometimes and there are other roles that can prevent kills.

Yeah, my logic isn't the best there. I wish I could wash away the shame of that post with an edit.

In any case I'm just trying to voice that I don't think EXAKT is the good vote today. I also don't think Met is a good vote. I believe JakeP's claim, and a rolecop should be able to confirm the miller role unless half the game gets wiped on what could potentially be a PGO.

Unless that's also a bad train of thought.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

25 minutes left... who is even around right now?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm still here.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also around.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

still here

Would switch to EXAKT to avoid a no lynch

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
i'm here basically long enough to vote against a no-lunch

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

still here

Would switch to EXAKT to avoid a no lynch

you have an uncanny knack for jumping on cases that have already fizzled out.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EXAKT Science posted:

i'm here basically long enough to vote against a no-lunch

Who else are you willing to vote for?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote MMM Whatchya Say

I prefer this lynch over EXAKT, but still feel like we should be looking at Zetsu. I'll vote here to avoid no lynch.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Roydrowsy posted:

you have an uncanny knack for jumping on cases that have already fizzled out.

Eh. I'd rather vote for who I think is scum than what the flow of the thread is if those things are different. I've been pretty consistent here.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
we have fifteen minutes for four people to switch to me or MMM.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
I'm here!

I will also vote to avoid a no-lynch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

OmegaGoo posted:

I'm here!