Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexual Norm
Aug 23, 2007

It's like shaking hands with a professional armwrestler.
i miss scrounging around in the dirt for garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
7 Days to Die is actually pretty good for being an alpha with active devs, but bewarned it still is an alpha so it's kind of lovely. i usually hate lovely zombie voxel survival

but really, no none of them unless you like digging through garbage for aids

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

pure strain aids, op.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
rust has naked men in it with small cocks and the occasional race war

ark is the open-world survival genre's streamer bait

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Ark is good but only because it has dinosaurs.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
No.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

no

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Definitely no

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
ARK, the third early access survival/crafting game about dinosaurs on Steam, has been the #1 top seller for the entire last month including almost every day of the summer sale, proving that the PC gaming community is home to one of the most severe strains of AIDS imaginable.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The only time any of them are fun, and that's not necessarily to say they're good in these moments, but it's when you only have a pistol and you kill a guy with a gun you didn't memorize the spawn locations of and now you don't have to for that life.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:whitewater:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I played the mod with goons once and they could determine what gun some1 was using by the sound at distance

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

frank.club posted:

I played the mod with goons once and they could determine what gun some1 was using by the sound at distance

The Klobb noise?

GET HIM

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
A few things about me: Pizza, Netflix, Early Access, Cuddling, Survival, Crafting System, Pre-Alpha, Luke Bryan,Rogue-like elements, and SUMMER. :cool:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

frank.club posted:

That's kind of cool.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Average Bear posted:

A few things about me: Pizza, Netflix, Early Access, Cuddling, Survival, Crafting System, Pre-Alpha, Luke Bryan,Rogue-like elements, and SUMMER. :cool:

Yes, yes, yes, yes.. you know, I don't even have to read the rest of this. Just yes.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

And, I would like to go on a date with you.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

That's kind of cool.

I remember how insane I thought that was. Then one dude described how one of the sniper rifles bullets travelled faster than sound in game. He called it 'putting the fear of God in em'. The mod was fun I dunno why the standalone is so bad

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

frank.club posted:

I remember how insane I thought that was. Then one dude described how one of the sniper rifles bullets travelled faster than sound in game. He called it 'putting the fear of God in em'. The mod was fun I dunno why the standalone is so bad

The guy developing it is an insane retard who spends more time getting mad on his forums than developing. The mod was good because ARMA 2 is pretty fun and it was a fairly simple mod

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Breaking point for arma3 is fun though

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
AIDS Z

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
7 AIDS TO DIE

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
AIDS: Surviaids Efailed

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

W-what the?! Multi-Post signing!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Black Baby Goku posted:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Eye of Widesauron posted:

The Klobb noise?

GET HIM

the klobb would be incredibly good in dayz probably so that's another point against it

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Black Baby Goku posted:

welcome back

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The original DayZ mod was pretty fun, because it was just deathmatch without everyone having the same gear. Then they kept adding gay survival elements nobody wanted and now it's trash.

Basically shooting people is real fun in ArmA but the only missions people want to play are insanely laggy and buggy or are co-op missions. The AI in that game is insanely boring to play against, because they either never see you and just stand around in the open waiting to get shot, or they instantly kill you from two kilometers away laying down behind a bush the AI can see through but you can't.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it is weird to me the dev didn't use the Arma 3 engine which is a straight improvement in every detail

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frank.club posted:

it is weird to me the dev didn't use the Arma 3 engine which is a straight improvement in every detail

They had just started development on Arma 3 at the time and it was way buggier and shittier than Arma 2, so they made a hybrid thing which now that arma 3 came out is obviously way shittier.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I believe they should have waited. but it probably would still not be so great

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frank.club posted:

I believe they should have waited. but it probably would still not be so great

Someone in Games claim that at the time they 'released' the standalone a bunch of government contracts for VBS had just dried up so the company was in ridiculously dire straits. I dunno if that's true but it would make sense.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we could make up a million reasons why dayz is bad but it's a lot simpler to just state the fact imo

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
I remember thinking dayz would have been more fun without the zombies,

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fredrik1 posted:

I remember thinking dayz would have been more fun without the zombies,

There was a mission called Wasteland back in arma 2 that was absolutely way more fun because it had all the scrounging for gear and vehicles but also had objectives and no zombies. I think that Arma 3 has the same kind of thing but it doesnt feel the same because the mountainy islands don't have good hiding spots for bases. Basically what I'm saying is DayZ sucks but Arma is fun.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Average Bear posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good lord, no.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
They're all amazing high quality gaming, OP. Haha

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

if at this point the words 'Early Access Open World Survival Horror' doesn't immediately fill you with a sense of revulsion, you have pure unfiltered FailAids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

if at this point the words 'Early Access Open World Survival Horror' doesn't immediately fill you with a sense of revulsion, you have pure unfiltered FailAids

i dont really care cuz ill enver play any of them

• Locked thread