Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the idea that it's unheard of for a player to challenge a strange claim for any other reason than having that same role is weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DaisyDanger posted:

Yeah, narc called taste out like in her first post after taste said he was a town tracker.

But it seems like it's pretty obvious to say 'I don't believe you' to someone making a roleclaim on D2.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Tremendous Taste posted:

Anyway, met should be a clear vote by now. I'm out for the rest of the game day.

N1 I tracked pmom nowhere, so unless he's godfather he's in the clear to me as town

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'm not sure I believe this claim.

I would wager real money that taste is not a tracker.

Click through for time stamps.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'd rather vote narc, but I would settle for round 2 tomorrow with new results on the heavy hitters

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can scum be a tracker?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Or can they only rb?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
There's no scum tracker role listed in the op

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

no scum trackers in this game, I think it's a fun dynamic in others

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
So we start on page 18 with Taste and claimed scumbuddy PMom casing Met. Met comes back with the TNG Mafia comparison, but the whole previous games thing is so counterproductive I'm not even going to touch it.

Then the Taste show really kicks into full gear on page 19:

Tremendous Taste posted:

I quadruple post every single game met

It's why I lead post count every single game

Win or lose, town or scum

Makes sense.

Met posted:

Your excessive posting is distracting and intentionally misleading. You can scream that no one thinks you're scum as loudly as possible and some people might get confused and think that's the case. I just hope people figure it out before more townies are lynched and more people who disagree with you are nightkilled.

I don't like this. Distracting and misleading, yeah maybe, but the threat at the end there is garbage.

Fast Luck posted:

You're being incredibly overbearing in this thread and making the game less fun and vindicating KB re: the stuff he was saying on D1. I don't think you're scum or what Met is saying is backed up so I'm not going to vote for you but goddamn.

I wonder at Fast Luck's change of heart since this post. Looking into that more closely looks like it'll have to be a tomorrow thing, though. I'm just gonna lave that here for now.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Anyway, met should be a clear vote by now. I'm out for the rest of the game day.

N1 I tracked pmom nowhere, so unless he's godfather he's in the clear to me as town

Right, the claim, followed by a link to the softclaim. It reads like he knew he'd be claiming tracker but didn't want to do it yet. I do wonder about his timing though. Why did he claim then? If he was trying to build a case against Met, and was knowingly responsible for making like half of the posts in the thread, why would he want to draw attention like that? It doesn't make sense.

PMom agrees with this:

Pinterest Mom posted:

I didn't go anywhere last night, and it's a dumb claim for scum to make under no pressure. I'm just puzzled about the "went nowhere=town" deduction.

Tremendous Taste posted:

The benefit to town is that it doesn't allow scum to pounce on a pmom taste narrative. It clarifies why I have faith in his reads as sincere

Met posted:

Can you just go get banned and promise never to come back again. I'm not sure why I ever thought you were a decent guy to have around.

And the ad homs begin and it starts getting ugly and uncomfortable to read. There's a nice back-and-forth with TMM.

Taste these are some reasons I think you're being a dick.

Your lame "you insulted people for bad play in this game once" is immediately undermined by the fact I murdered my scum teammates in that game and suddenly you're looking at it as me trying to defend myself instead of throwing your trash accusation out

Met, you don't count.

If you want to talk like you got a big cock you better back it up chump

You made poo poo up and have retreated into a qq meta mess about it

The fact you won't even engage or quote a single person calling me scum is shameful af

met, don't be a shithead

like I know you've been clear it's your shtick but there's a point where it's just not worth it

you take and make everything personal

playing the game aggressively isn't equivalent to sniping at people and intentionally being an rear end in a top hat to stay alive

I don't like this. It's jumping on a counterproductive bandwagon with cherry-picked posts. Before, all she had to say was accusing Taste of not being a tracker; she takes a good while to commit to the idea that he's scum.

garthoneeye posted:

Rereading the Taste Met fight, I think part of what happened was they were arguing past each other.

Met posted that Taste was acting suspiciously in lock-step with PMom and when Taste countered that, Met sarcastically claimed that Taste was confirmed town.

Taste seemed to take that response as if other people had thought Taste was scum and asked Met to back up his opinion.

Met read those posts as confirming Taste as scum and saw no reason to directly engage.

Finally, Taste saw Met's lack of response as falling back on a failed attack and so pushed harder.

Upon rereading, I agree with this. Taste's posting felt a bit manic, but he was definitely trying to go somewhere with it.

Thread closes, reopens, Taste votes Met (expected), and Allen swoops in from out of nowhere with the second vote on Taste, following Daisy's first zero-content vote.

Ten minutes to go, but in short, I don't buy the case against Taste.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is the concept of 3 trackers an impossibility for everyone?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'd rather vote narc, but I would settle for round 2 tomorrow with new results on the heavy hitters

Oh please god no if taste isnt lynched today please mercy kill me

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

TMMadman posted:

But it seems like it's pretty obvious to say 'I don't believe you' to someone making a roleclaim on D2.

Ultimately, your vote is your vote. I've done all I can this afternoon to write out why we should lynch Taste, but I can't go over it again because it was loving exhausting dealing with him. I haven't even said much in the last few hours despite regularly checking the thread because I don't want to get involved with him again. I don't even want to post right now, but I do want to tell you why voting is important right now.

At this point, it's probable that he's either going to get lynched or no one will get lynched. Even if you think there's a chance he's scum, it'd be nice to actually find something out. It would really suck to have a no lynch today and then have scum take out someone who has drawn no fire at all today. We would be in the exact same position we're in now. If we lynch Taste and he flips town tracker, everyone knows that he was right all along and then we can turn to Anarc tomorrow. If we no lynch and scum takes out someone with 20 posts, we're pretty hosed.

Your vote is actually important and I hope you choose to vote Taste, but I can't force you to do anything. I know you're carefully considering your options and I appreciate that.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hey i just got a package for taste at my house so i can't vote for him sorry

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The scumteam is going for the emotional appeal when they can't hustle votes. shameful

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Alright, I'm going to hammer this and here's why straight from Taste's own mouth:

Tremendous Taste posted:

I get what you're saying, but the lynch is the most important weapon the town has. A higher likelihood of a good lynch is more valuable to town than the harm from a higher likelihood of a nightkilled tracker.

So while tracker>vanilla/bp, cleared town + potentially forestalled mislynch > anonymous tracker + anonymous town

Sorry Taste, but in a game where the lynch if the most important weapon the town has then it has to be done at some point just so that the town gets more information. I'm really interested to see what happens.

##vote Taste

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I meant what I said, madman, but this was so close to being fun :(

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tremendous Taste posted:

There are other fun threads for you taste

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Thank gently caress this is over

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

true. my spirit lives on

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tremendous Taste posted:

Yeah, sorry. I didn't feel right about the PMush vote and I don't really feel right about this one, but I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Thank gently caress this is over

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

Amended: I expect apologies via pm.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, since it's hammered. Let's bet on what Taste flips!

I will be really amused if it is the SK, but I think he flips town and then whoever lives through the night goes after ANarc tomorrow.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:redhammer: Tremendous Taste, ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ aligned Tracker, has been executed day 2.

12 hours for night actions, same rules as last time.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:c: The Current Day 2 Votecount :c:

Tremendous Taste (8): Met, DaisyDanger, Allen Wren, -Allen Wren, AnonymousNarcotics, Pinterest Mom, -Pinterest Mom, garthoneeye, Fast Luck, Chic Trombone, EXAKT Science, TMMadman
AnonymousNarcotics (3): Tremendous Taste, -Tremendous Taste, garthoneeye, Tremendous Taste, Eight Dollars, Pinterest Mom, Propaganda Machine, -garthoneeye, -Pinterest Mom
Fast Luck (1): Pinterest Mom
Propaganda Machine (1): imgay
EXAKT Science (0): Pinterest Mom, -Pinterest Mom
imgay (0): DaisyDanger, Fast Luck, garthoneeye, -DaisyDanger, -garthoneeye, -Fast Luck
Met (0): Pinterest Mom, Tremendous Taste, -Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, -Tremendous Taste, -Pinterest Mom
Pinterest Mom (0): TMMadman, Met, -Met, -TMMadman
Eight Dollars (0): Pinterest Mom, -Pinterest Mom
DaisyDanger (0): EXAKT Science, -EXAKT Science
Allen Wren (0): Pinterest Mom, -Pinterest Mom
TMMadman (0): Tremendous Taste, -Tremendous Taste, EXAKT Science, -EXAKT Science

Not Voting (2): Allen Wren, HiipFire

:h: With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is July 02nd, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Eight Dollars, town jailor, was killed in the night.

It is now day 3.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I was roleblocked last night, or something. I was told my action was unsuccessful. I AM a town tracker, guys. That's why I fought so hard against Taste, thinking he had to be lying, but I guess he thought the same thing about me.

Think about it. If I were scum, why would I fight so hard to get rid of ONE town player? It wouldn't be worth it bc if I knew he was going to flip town, then it would be obvious for you guys to want to lynch me today.

Look over my posting from yesterday. It was consistent and strong in my beliefs. I wish I had gotten a result last night but it makes sense for scum to have rbed me to undermine my credibility.

Tonight I have a ton of free time so I will get to actually do the thread reread and see what jumps out at me.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Yesterday I made a promise ##vote ANarc

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote fast luck

anarc isn't the right vote

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Just for the record and so it's in one post, these are the six people that voted for both PMush and Taste:

Met, Garth, Daisy, FLuck, Exakt and me.

I have been very vocal that both votes didn't feel right. I believe that ANarc kept her vote on imgay during D1, but said she was willing to switch to PMush except she was in rehearsal and by the time she got out, PMush had been hammered.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Chic Trombone posted:

Yesterday I made a promise ##vote ANarc

Chain lynching is a bad move

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

##vote fast luck

anarc isn't the right vote

I'm curious, why FLuck over Met?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I would have only switched to pmush to prevent a no lynch. I didn't believe in the argument but no lynching is always a bad idea.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I said at the beginning of D2 that I didn't think Taste was scum because he'd made that toxx/bet with KB that if KB was lynched town, he'd quit mafia forever. It felt kind of dirty but whatever, it seemed like evidence. Then I had no idea why he outed himself as tracker if true, and disagreed with that decision vocally, without saying I didn't believe him, still because of the wager he'd made. Despite not liking taste's posts I kept my vote on imgay almost all throughout the day, but after my first post about why, it never came back up because the thread was entirely occupied by taste/reactions to taste. I switched my vote only after Narc, who had notably objected to Taste's claim from the start, also had a tracking claim checked out by imgay.

Now that we know the lynch on taste was wrong, my question is how much I need to reassess. Given that there were two trackers, could there be three? I was convinced Narc was sincere last night, really convinced, so should I stop thinking that due to taste's flip? I'm not sure. If both Narc and Taste were both town, the scum knew that, and didn't even care which way the vote went. If they're not both town, then the votes on Taste look worse.

Pmom looks town now (possibly town bulletproof, it seemed like you claimed?). I kind of suspect Prop, that she could have come in and refused to vote Taste like she did to earn town points upon his inevitable flip. I'm also looking at EXAKT, and then someone like Met and Hiip. Those would be the people I think are most likely to be scum right now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DaisyDanger posted:

Ultimately, your vote is your vote. I've done all I can this afternoon to write out why we should lynch Taste, but I can't go over it again because it was loving exhausting dealing with him. I haven't even said much in the last few hours despite regularly checking the thread because I don't want to get involved with him again. I don't even want to post right now, but I do want to tell you why voting is important right now.

At this point, it's probable that he's either going to get lynched or no one will get lynched. Even if you think there's a chance he's scum, it'd be nice to actually find something out. It would really suck to have a no lynch today and then have scum take out someone who has drawn no fire at all today. We would be in the exact same position we're in now. If we lynch Taste and he flips town tracker, everyone knows that he was right all along and then we can turn to Anarc tomorrow. If we no lynch and scum takes out someone with 20 posts, we're pretty hosed.

Your vote is actually important and I hope you choose to vote Taste, but I can't force you to do anything. I know you're carefully considering your options and I appreciate that.

Also, I would like to point out that I don't like this post or this argument. It feels like an emotional plea to get me to hammer someone who is innocent and then be ready to turn on ANarc the second Taste flips town.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Fast Luck, why are you putting stock into the mafia quit wager? It was D1 shitposting.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Also, I would like to point out that I don't like this post or this argument. It feels like an emotional plea to get me to hammer someone who is innocent and then be ready to turn on ANarc the second Taste flips town.

Sorry. I was just done with the day and Taste in general.

I actually believe ANarc is telling the truth in this case. I'm not ready to vote for her yet. I actually have no idea who might be scum at this point. I'm only on a break at work so I can't reread stuff or post a whole lot until later.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, since there hasn't been a second night kill for two days in a row, should we now assume that there is no SK? What's the likelihood that an SK was jailed/RBed randomly two days in a row?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

I said at the beginning of D2 that I didn't think Taste was scum because he'd made that toxx/bet with KB that if KB was lynched town, he'd quit mafia forever. It felt kind of dirty but whatever, it seemed like evidence. Then I had no idea why he outed himself as tracker if true, and disagreed with that decision vocally, without saying I didn't believe him, still because of the wager he'd made. Despite not liking taste's posts I kept my vote on imgay almost all throughout the day, but after my first post about why, it never came back up because the thread was entirely occupied by taste/reactions to taste. I switched my vote only after Narc, who had notably objected to Taste's claim from the start, also had a tracking claim checked out by imgay.

Now that we know the lynch on taste was wrong, my question is how much I need to reassess. Given that there were two trackers, could there be three? I was convinced Narc was sincere last night, really convinced, so should I stop thinking that due to taste's flip? I'm not sure. If both Narc and Taste were both town, the scum knew that, and didn't even care which way the vote went. If they're not both town, then the votes on Taste look worse.

Pmom looks town now (possibly town bulletproof, it seemed like you claimed?). I kind of suspect Prop, that she could have come in and refused to vote Taste like she did to earn town points upon his inevitable flip. I'm also looking at EXAKT, and then someone like Met and Hiip. Those would be the people I think are most likely to be scum right now.

look at how much effort he's making at justifying his behaviour (and generally how much he's stretched himself to push narratives this game). scumbo.

TMMadman posted:

I'm curious, why FLuck over Met?
i forgot about met. he can go tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

Also, since there hasn't been a second night kill for two days in a row, should we now assume that there is no SK? What's the likelihood that an SK was jailed/RBed randomly two days in a row?

:shrug:

• Locked thread