Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
##vote Hiipfire then I guess

I hope coq is telling the truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Freudian Slip posted:

How does a lie detector work - is it like cop?

I can pick one post per day and pm it to Anidave at night and he will verify its truth or tell me it's a lie.

Matthew Beet posted:

i'm glad you were going to lie detect, the person you were voting for earlier for role claiming so early.

TBF once I moved off him to you I fully intended to examine that post.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithranderp posted:

bad idea bif.

or maybe a good one, if you want to kill a townie

:colbert:

Thats what they all say! Kill em all and let the grid sort em out!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

SKY COQ posted:

Call it then.

I am calling it! You're full of poo poo! And people flying off you at the drop of a MASSIVELY insincere sounding role claim are pretty fuckin suss too!

Seagull posted:

I choose to believe Asphyxious is just really dumb.

G-Spot Run posted:

did you also hate it when gaspy said the same thing with more words?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Mithranderp posted:

##vote Hiipfire then I guess

I hope coq is telling the truth

Oh man this is like those riddle door knobs from Labyrinth I just know it

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Votecount for Day 1

SKY COQ (3): Matthew Beet, Matthew Beet, Asphyxious, Matthew Beet, Birdstrike, Mithranderp, HiipFire, Bifauxnen, Birdstrike, Bifauxnen, Mithranderp
HiipFire (3): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, Tirade, Bifauxnen, Freudian Slip, Mithranderp, Mithranderp, Bifauxnen, Mithranderp
Matthew Beet (2): SKY COQ, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, SKY COQ, Kat Delacour, Asphyxious, SKY COQ, Asphyxious, Kat Delacour, Gwynplaine, Asphyxious, Birdstrike, Asphyxious, Birdstrike
Mithranderp (2): Kat Delacour, Kat Delacour, Kat Delacour, Matthew Beet, HiipFire, Matthew Beet, HiipFire, Bifauxnen
Tirade (1): Those On My Left
Kommando (1): EXAKT Science
Asphyxious (1): HiipFire, HiipFire, Matthew Beet, Kommando, Kommando, Birdstrike, Kommando, Matthew Beet, Birdstrike, HiipFire, HiipFire
Those On My Left (0): Birdstrike, Birdstrike, Mithranderp, Mithranderp, Gwynplaine, Gwynplaine
EXAKT Science (0): HiipFire, HiipFire
Birdstrike (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
Freudian Slip (0): Asphyxious, Asphyxious, Asphyxious, Asphyxious
Bifauxnen (0): Kommando, Kommando, Kommando, Kommando
Gwynplaine (0): Bifauxnen, Matthew Beet, Bifauxnen, SKY COQ, Matthew Beet, SKY COQ
Kat Delacour (0): Matthew Beet, Matthew Beet

Not Voting (2): Birdstrike, MysticalMachineGun

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 03rd, 2015 at 11:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 28 minutes.

We're all over the place.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SKY COQ posted:

I can pick one post per day and pm it to Anidave at night and he will verify its truth or tell me it's a lie.

TBF once I moved off him to you I fully intended to examine that post.

and not gaspy and not me where we both clearly said we were VT. you just happened to want to lie detect the ambiguous claim and ignore the blatant ones. okay.

and you lie detecting and confirming gwyn had a power role helps how? especially when you're so against role claiming?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."

Mithranderp posted:

um

have you PLAYED mafia with beet before?

I'm reading too much into this, I realise. It seems like an odd thing to do when someones voting for you.

I don't quote much because I go by the feeling of overall posting not habits and trends not what people say specifically. Sounds moronic. Sometimes works. All I have.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'm actually thinking TOML/Tirade on the scums right now tbh

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

and not gaspy and not me where we both clearly said we were VT. you just happened to want to lie detect the ambiguous claim and ignore the blatant ones. okay.

and you lie detecting and confirming gwyn had a power role helps how? especially when you're so against role claiming?

Well hey, you've now given me better ideas.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

I am calling it! You're full of poo poo! And people flying off you at the drop of a MASSIVELY insincere sounding role claim are pretty fuckin suss too!

Well isn't this the same logic we're using to back off Gwyn too though? :v:

Anyway, Hiips more in the lead now so

##vote HiipFire

I'm still curious about whether Kat called it again on Mith though

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

riddle me this. captain coq is so against my mass claim because it's scummy, but was going to lie detect the soft claim of gwyn. that helps town how? he'd have to back up gwyns claim therefore making gwyn a target (if not scum). this is not hypocritical because...

i'm kind of having trouble with the last part. can anyone help me?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Gwynplaine posted:

I'm reading too much into this, I realise. It seems like an odd thing to do when someones voting for you.

I don't quote much because I go by the feeling of overall posting not habits and trends not what people say specifically. Sounds moronic. Sometimes works. All I have.

I'm really not sticking up for beet, but I do like to point out something blatantly wrong when I see it.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Fuckit, never not lynch

##vote HiipFire

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

well they have both shut up at the right time, haven't they?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Well isn't this the same logic we're using to back off Gwyn too though? :v:

Anyway, Hiips more in the lead now so

##vote HiipFire

I'm still curious about whether Kat called it again on Mith though

No I don't care if gwyn has a role, I'm saying his posting isn't scummy.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

riddle me this. captain coq is so against my mass claim because it's scummy, but was going to lie detect the soft claim of gwyn. that helps town how? he'd have to back up gwyns claim therefore making gwyn a target (if not scum). this is not hypocritical because...

i'm kind of having trouble with the last part. can anyone help me?

Had I been able to confirm one of Gwyn's claims, I'd have been able to quietly back him up. Now I guess I'm the Spanish Inquisition.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Birdstrike posted:

No no. TOMLs on the level. Voting for him makes you a stupid.

Mithranderp posted:

I'm really not sticking up for beet, but I do like to point out something blatantly wrong when I see it.

Yeah, admittedly I disagreed with that too.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

SKY COQ posted:

Had I been able to confirm one of Gwyn's claims, I'd have been able to quietly back him up. Now I guess I'm the Spanish Inquisition.

how unexpected.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

But yeah you better have some good material tomorrow Coq, don't blow your wad on some post that leaves lots of wiggle room for just part of it being false.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

what the gently caress has hiipfire done for a lynch? this isn't me defendign him? we've got coq coming out with a claim to save his on skin that only works to verify another persons claims; after banging on about how bad claims are.

we've got bird strike with the reading comprehension of a bonobo, and people who switched on and then off coq so quickly and bif all of a sudden going :shrug: what of it?

and tirades quite.

someone give me a better reason other than 'lol d1'

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

But yeah you better have some good material tomorrow Coq, don't blow your wad on some post that leaves lots of wiggle room for just part of it being false.

Yes mum

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
##unvote

I only voted for Hiipfire because he hadn't posted.

Asphyxious posted:

How sure are you Gaspy? He has made a role call

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

you've taken his claim at face value quite readily.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Gwynplaine posted:

U WOT M80?

Explain yourself.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

VOTE FOR COQ YOU DROOLING MASS OF CLODPOLES, HE IS VERY OBVIOUSLY LYING.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Matthew Beet posted:

someone give me a better reason other than 'lol d1'

gently caress Off We're Full

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SKY COQ posted:

how could you have quietly backed him up? you were voting him for a claim. or he might be tonights target and your action is useless.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
gently caress the thread is moving fast

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gwynplaine posted:

how would you even know this

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

i agree but why do you think this?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Birdstrike posted:

U WOT M80?

Explain yourself.

Just being salty.

##vote Skycoq

I'm at kind of a loss.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Asphyxious posted:

how is it obvious?

I mean, it's very convenient that someone in the crosshairs claimed a useful role, but that doesn't make it automatically a lie. A lot of people roleclaim when pressed, especially those who think they can be useful.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SKY COQ posted:

If I were scum and you actually succeeded at getting this to happen, I'd just claim an obscure role to sow enough doubt to lynch townies and nightkill power roles. In fact, that's how we won in the game where Bowmore bussed me.

It is a bad plan and very anti town. You're either being very naive or scouting for targets.

Emphasis added.

##VOTE SKY COQ

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lol D2?

Well Beet here's one more reason to vote HiipFire, even though he did show up he seems to be running behind on keeping abreast of things. Now just think of how hard of a time you yourself are having following this poo poo. Do you think Hiip's got much of a chance to contribute much? Prolly not. This D1 has been real great actually, let's just get us a lynch on a low content poster and let these punks making wild claims and misreading junk keep digging their own graves.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I don't want to not lynch but I also don't want to go back on my plans to stick to my guns, so this is my "get out of jail free it's D1" card I just invented to delay my personal growth in confidence and hunches ... Are we feeling Coq?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Matthew Beet posted:

how would you even know this

I don't. I'm incredibly suss on him. I just don't have the CHA score to get anything going.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

Emphasis added.

##VOTE SKY COQ

Oh lol I forgot that was him who said that

##VOTE SKY COQ

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Lol D2?

Well Beet here's one more reason to vote HiipFire, even though he did show up he seems to be running behind on keeping abreast of things. Now just think of how hard of a time you yourself are having following this poo poo. Do you think Hiip's got much of a chance to contribute much? Prolly not. This D1 has been real great actually, let's just get us a lynch on a low content poster and let these punks making wild claims and misreading junk keep digging their own graves.

but i'm not having trouble following this poo poo. i'm like a cut diamond on a pile of loving razor blades. loving sharp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
##vote Coq I guess.

• Locked thread