Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Abilifier posted:

I'm down for this. How long do you think it would take to go through all the heists?

Counting the Pacific Standard Job initially for Wraith I'd say a good half day if we don't mess up a lot. But we can always continue at a point next week if we can't get them all done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

hagie posted:

Says it is "unavailable"

Damnit, now i'm getting this as well. What the poo poo, R* :(

Also, how do you buy fireworks to set up a fireworks display? I've got the option to set one up in my Quick Menu under inventory, do you have to buy the fireworks at a convenience store or what?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

T1g4h posted:

Damnit, now i'm getting this as well. What the poo poo, R* :(

Also, how do you buy fireworks to set up a fireworks display? I've got the option to set one up in my Quick Menu under inventory, do you have to buy the fireworks at a convenience store or what?

You buy Fireworks at ammunation from the wall although they're not appearing for me whenever I go in to buy sutff.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't think they included the actual fireworks this time besides the launcher.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I was able to just buy ammo, maximum capacity of 25.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
How about some goon poo poo in the maze next to the museum?
Maybe a game of hide and seek, where the seeker has a melee weapon and needs to try to kill everyone. Last one alive is "it" during the next round.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

AirRaid posted:

This look familiar to anyone?

Woody Unbalance
Dec 22, 2004

George Alfred
"Georgie"
Pie

1977~1998
RIP

Cojawfee posted:

I don't think they included the actual fireworks this time besides the launcher.

I completed the featured independence jobs playlist yesterday and received some fireworks at the end. Didn't see any in ammunation though.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Stux plays GTA online?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

itl... owns.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Beastie posted:

I was able to just buy ammo, maximum capacity of 25.

Which ammunation did you go to and was it your first time buying the ammo or a refill?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Abilifier posted:

I'm down for this. How long do you think it would take to go through all the heists?

We did it a couple of weeks ago. It took about 8.5 hours and I felt like it had gone relatively smoothly. We did take several breaks and were playing it in forced 1st-person, which probably padded out the time somewhat.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
I wish I knew what was causing this.
Usually, as soon as I get into freeroam and start driving, the game quits responding to my movement commands for several seconds. I might try to turn right, but it'll keep going forward, and then a few seconds later my car will suddenly turn right. I try turning left so I don't drive into a wall, and it ignores my keypress for another few seconds.
It sometimes occurs later on in freeroam, and also has a chance of happening during jobs/missions.
And just now, I tried calling Pegasus to call in a submarine, and the menu decided I was still scrolling down after I released my down arrow key, so it's not restricted to vehicles.
I didn't have this issue when I was still on my AMD 6850.
I'm thinking either my game's sending tons of data to memory, and my CPU can't keep up and my keypresses get delayed, or something about my 360 gamepad is confusing the game.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

UserErr0r posted:

I'm thinking either my game's sending tons of data to memory, and my CPU can't keep up and my keypresses get delayed, or something about my 360 gamepad is confusing the game.

Try unplugging the gamepad or adjusting the safezones.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
PS3 has fireworks and permanently droppable weapons bitches

Best platform.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Maytag posted:

PS3 has fireworks and permanently droppable weapons bitches

Best platform.

Please keep telling yourself this.

If possible keep telling us this, too.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Hello OhsH

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Discovered that you can pick up crates in passive mode, at the cost of being a lovely garbage person. Also, some of those fancy gun decorations are really pretty, especially the assault rifle. If only it didn't functionally suck rear end :(

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Do you lose that special crate minigun when you die? I was racing a guy to one and he got it and pulled out the minigun but I went rage and immediately destroyed him, his car, and everything within a 20 for radius and I felt kinda bad.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

mutata posted:

Do you lose that special crate minigun when you die? I was racing a guy to one and he got it and pulled out the minigun but I went rage and immediately destroyed him, his car, and everything within a 20 for radius and I felt kinda bad.
You lose it when you change sessions
(edit: same with cheated weapons. My theory: the game only saves it to your profile when you buy the gun (or its upgrades) at ammunation, and the game requests your weapon loadout from the profile server whenever you join a new session. This doesn't explain picking up golf clubs, though)

Some pubbie was asking for money, so I said "money on top of chilliad". He took me seriously and went there, then followed me around for a few minutes. But I was underwater in a submarine.

Until I got my submarine stuck :(

That's not how you spell my name, but I'll accept it

Turns out you can use kurumas in the last part of Series A. And if someone parks their car below the dock, you can pull out a bit to get a better angle. Completely unnecessary, because this fight is a piece of cake even on hard.

Patriotic goon race

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jul 3, 2015

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Ay bby

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

When you buy a bus, where does it/does it get stored?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

mutata posted:

When you buy a bus, where does it/does it get stored?

pegasus delivery

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

hellfaucet posted:

Which ammunation did you go to and was it your first time buying the ammo or a refill?

I did the one in LS to the far northwest off of Morningwood. I already had the launcher from last time but was depleted. Just clicked the launcher and it had the ammo refill prompt. Not sure how much it was.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Jose Mengelez posted:

pegasus delivery

There's a few pegasus ground vehicle spawns around the map. They won't spawn across the street from you like your personal vehicles will. It's worth learning the common spots so you can anticipate where you might spawn an insurgent pickup or technical so a pubbie doesn't steal it. Also, join us in mumble already, MJF

And to answer a potential followup question: No, you can't customize pegasus vehicles.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

UserErr0r posted:

There's a few pegasus ground vehicle spawns around the map. They won't spawn across the street from you like your personal vehicles will. It's worth learning the common spots so you can anticipate where you might spawn an insurgent pickup or technical so a pubbie doesn't steal it. Also, join us in mumble already, MJF

And to answer a potential followup question: No, you can't customize pegasus vehicles.

I'm one of those assholes who doesn't have a mic, though :(

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
This is how the Pacific Standard job SHOULD have been planned.

Lester should have included teleporting armoured cars in his thought process.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Game keeps telling m,e rockstar servers arre unavailable in the launcher...how do I fix??

Same problem here. Just bought the game on PC and I cannot even play it thanks to this Social Club horseshit it wants me to sign in to but cannot because their servers are on fire or something.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Would of any the xbone crew like to do the all in order/crew loyalty challenge on Sunday? While we're at it we could also go for the $10 million challenge for completing them all without dying but I'm not really bothered about that one.

I was thinking of starting at around 4pm BST (8am PDT or 11am EDT) or maybe a couple of hours later depending on the times that everyone can make.

I'm up for it. My internet will be installed in my new apartment by then.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

UserErr0r posted:

Patriotic goon race

Oh snap! I guess I'll be buying a Liberator to roll with you gentle goons...

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

hellfaucet posted:

Oh snap! I guess I'll be buying a Liberator to roll with you gentle goons...

You don't have to, it's one of the July 4th event races.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Although you should because the Liberator is awesome all year round.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

UserErr0r posted:

You lose it when you change sessions
(edit: same with cheated weapons. My theory: the game only saves it to your profile when you buy the gun (or its upgrades) at ammunation, and the game requests your weapon loadout from the profile server whenever you join a new session. This doesn't explain picking up golf clubs, though)

There is a "bought" flag. My account was hacked and the hacker leveled to 140 and got all the guns. I had my level reverted to 20, but I've had all the guns forever even if my level was under the requirements. Oddly enough, I've had the musket permanently but he didn't get the fireworks launcher. I could also buy any car's appearance mods, but I can't paint then gold yet.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

AirRaid posted:

This look familiar to anyone?

Hey, they're ripping off Saints' Row 4!

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Although you should because the Liberator is awesome all year round.

This is true.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I bought the Liberator last night and did one of Lester's "distract the cops" missions by driving in circles across a busy freeway for 5 minutes and it was pretty fun.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I have to say, even if they ever stopped the rampant cheating, GTA 5 has so many absolutely baffling decisions that are becoming apparent, I have to wonder what Rockstar was thinking.

- Passive mode is bullshit. Flat out bullshit. Join a server alone if you want to not be bothered, for fucks sake. The fact you can enable this when you have a bounty, or want to camp a major overworld PVP event (capturing cars, crates, etc) is ridiculous. It's like they put God Mode in as a stock option.

- The armored cars are also bullshit, mostly due to insurance. Unlike the other vehicles there is absolutely no way to defend yourself against these without spending 20-30k in ridiculous insurance. I honestly and truly believe if they wanted to fix them, they should make all armored vehicles incompatible with insurance. The fact they are insanely fast, ruin every co-op mission almost being impossible to kill so you can just park spraying AP, and tough to bring down wouldn't be a big deal if losing it also meant the thing was dead and you'd have to buy a whole new one. I just want the other cars to matter aside from these OP pieces of poo poo.

- The Editor has hilarious restrictions, including a memory limit centered around the Xbox 360 that are bugged out to boot (if you try to edit a published map, good luck, it always thinks the memory is over), you can't make any pure co-op missions, you can yank a minigun out of Rockstar's own survival at level 1, but you can't spawn Miniguns in a custom map unless everyone is like 100+.. I won't even go into the horrendous AI. But seriously with just a little work it might actually be useful. The whole thing is crippled; and I made some cool GTA missions but good luck getting a GTA going without an army of friends. It seems the only thing people join are those loving retarded $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ RP RP RP maps.

- And a final pet peeve, why the flying gently caress is "Store" not on the quick GPS options?

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 3, 2015

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Blazing Ownager posted:

I have to say, even if they ever stopped the rampant cheating, GTA 5 has so many absolutely baffling decisions that are becoming apparent, I have to wonder what Rockstar was thinking.

- Passive mode is bullshit. Flat out bullshit. Join a server alone if you want to not be bothered, for fucks sake. The fact you can enable this when you have a bounty, or want to camp a major overworld PVP event (capturing cars, crates, etc) is ridiculous. It's like they put God Mode in as a stock option.

- The armored cars are also bullshit, mostly due to insurance. Unlike the other vehicles there is absolutely no way to defend yourself against these without spending 20-30k in ridiculous insurance. I honestly and truly believe if they wanted to fix them, they should make all armored vehicles incompatible with insurance. The fact they are insanely fast, ruin every co-op mission almost being impossible to kill so you can just park spraying AP, and tough to bring down wouldn't be a big deal if losing it also meant the thing was dead and you'd have to buy a whole new one. I just want the other cars to matter aside from these OP pieces of poo poo.

- And a final pet peeve, why the flying gently caress is "Store" not on the quick GPS options?

Lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

- The Editor has hilarious restrictions, including a memory limit centered around the Xbox 360 that are bugged out to boot (if you try to edit a published map, good luck, it always thinks the memory is over), you can't make any pure co-op missions, you can yank a minigun out of Rockstar's own survival at level 1, but you can't spawn Miniguns in a custom map unless everyone is like 100+.. I won't even go into the horrendous AI. But seriously with just a little work it might actually be useful. The whole thing is crippled; and I made some cool GTA missions but good luck getting a GTA going without an army of friends. It seems the only thing people join are those loving retarded $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ RP RP RP maps.

Thanks Maddox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Who gets god mode confused with no clip anyway?

• Locked thread