Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I don't see an obvious breadcrumb from 8$ over who he jailed n1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Propaganda Machine posted:

Fast Luck, why are you putting stock into the mafia quit wager? It was D1 shitposting.
Do you think taste would renege on a promise? I do not.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

Do you think taste would renege on a promise? I do not.

it's not a useful thing to focus on and yeah he would.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Pinterest Mom posted:

look at how much effort he's making at justifying his behaviour (and generally how much he's stretched himself to push narratives this game). scumbo.
I don't really understand this. I'm earnestly posting content and trying and have been all game. I explained myself in that post because you are voting for me. You can read my post history and see it's just how I said in that post but I thought a summary explanation would be a good idea. If it made you more confident in your vote then you are tunneling imo.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Pinterest Mom posted:

it's not a useful thing to focus on and yeah he would.
Well we'll have to ask him after the game

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Pinterest Mom posted:

look at how much effort he's making at justifying his behaviour (and generally how much he's stretched himself to push narratives this game). scumbo.

Yeah, I just don't understand any of the first paragraph. Why is a fake toxx scummy? Why does an exacerbated claim clear Narc? I don't like any of it.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah, I just don't understand any of the first paragraph. Why is a fake toxx scummy? Why does an exacerbated claim clear Narc? I don't like any of it.
I said it made me think he was NOT scum. It felt "dirty" as in toxxes are against the rules.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

I said it made me think he was NOT scum. It felt "dirty" as in toxxes are against the rules.

You're missing the point. I'm asking why it's anything but a null read.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
And you changed your mind on it because Narc claimed to investigate imgay? I still think she's lying, but whatever.

##vote fast luck

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Because I believed it. Taste is very much a guy of his word or at least that's my impression of him. If he were scum, he would know KB was town, and therefore he'd be making a bet to quit mafia forever that he'd know he was going to lose.

Also I don't think Narc is cleared, just that if I believed her last night I am not sure whether I should stop believing her now.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

And you changed your mind on it because Narc claimed to investigate imgay? I still think she's lying, but whatever.

##vote fast luck
That, plus imgay saying she was correct that he hadn't gone anywhere, plus that she'd been vocal that taste was lying from the jump, plus the fact that I never understood Taste's logic and thoroughly was with Daisy when she confronted him about it.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

Because I believed it. Taste is very much a guy of his word or at least that's my impression of him. If he were scum, he would know KB was town, and therefore he'd be making a bet to quit mafia forever that he'd know he was going to lose.

Also I don't think Narc is cleared, just that if I believed her last night I am not sure whether I should stop believing her now.

I just...this...:psyduck:

Taste is a good mafia player, and it worries me that you seem to be taking things at face value.

Narc worries me because all she's doing is vociferously defending herself. She knows how bad she looks right now, and there's good reason for it. I'd like to see her say anything other than her town tracker claim.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Anyone who is voting me or thinks I'm scum after yesterday - what would I possibly stand to gain as scum by making this move? Taste was not such a huge power role that if I were scum I would have felt threatened by him. I called him out on his claim bc I, as a 2nd town tracker, thought a 3rd town tracker in this setup was very unlikely and that he was lying scum.

If I were scum I know that taste was town and likely was telling the truth. Why would I call attention to myself? It just isn't logical.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Anyone who is voting me or thinks I'm scum after yesterday - what would I possibly stand to gain as scum by making this move? Taste was not such a huge power role that if I were scum I would have felt threatened by him. I called him out on his claim bc I, as a 2nd town tracker, thought a 3rd town tracker in this setup was very unlikely and that he was lying scum.

If I were scum I know that taste was town and likely was telling the truth. Why would I call attention to myself? It just isn't logical.

You could gain everything as scum by making this move. Sure, you may take some heat, but you can (and are) sitting there going 'BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!!!!" in an effort to distract everyone from the fact that you could be scum.

It could also be a way to possibly take a bullet for your scumbros. Taste is on to you, so you claim the exact same role as Taste and then say "well, if he flips town, then you can just lynch me tomorrow" and then if the votes do get put on you, your scumbros can jump on the bus as well and then say "But we voted for her, so we can't be scum!"

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
And then what happens after that lynch when I flip town? This is a dumb argument that also makes more sense. Also Taste wasn't "onto me." I called him out as soon as he made that claim and was consistent about my beliefs that he was lying.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

ANarc still strikes me as being sincere. But I have no clue now who's lying.

If I assume Narc is telling the truth that makes Imgay likely town.

This game has felt very weird to me the whole way through.
Could there be no scum other than a SK?
Anarc's action could have been foiled by a second jailer?

It's probably nonsense, but I felt I had to share the feeling.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Who'd you try to track Narc?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Last night I tried to track Pmach

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

TMMadman posted:

Also, since there hasn't been a second night kill for two days in a row, should we now assume that there is no SK? What's the likelihood that an SK was jailed/RBed randomly two days in a row?

Why do you assume it's the SK failing to kill? How do you know it's not the Mafia hitting Doctor/Jail targets? How do you know it's not been a combination of the Mafia and SK missing out on a kill over the past two nights?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Met posted:

Why do you assume it's the SK failing to kill? How do you know it's not the Mafia hitting Doctor/Jail targets? How do you know it's not been a combination of the Mafia and SK missing out on a kill over the past two nights?

I don't and that's why I'm asking. I don't know all the possibilities that can happen because I am completely new to Mafia.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Last night I tried to track Pmach

...why?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

She seemed very fickle about the case on Taste. First she was all for it, but then once it started gaining ground, she backed off. Maybe bc she knew he would flip town and she didn't want to be on that vote. Just a gut feeling I got from her posting.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I lost confidence when you came in with the tracker claim. Of the two of you, I thought you were more likely to be lying, and I would still very, very gladly vote for you, but Fast Luck is looking even worse right now. I'm still waiting for you to make a post that isn't defensive.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

And then what happens after that lynch when I flip town? This is a dumb argument that also makes more sense. Also Taste wasn't "onto me." I called him out as soon as he made that claim and was consistent about my beliefs that he was lying.

This feels very insincere to me. Anyone in your position is going to say "What happens when I flip town?"

And calling someone out who roleclaims on D2 seems like fairly standard behavior. I'm think pretty much everyone said they weren't sure if they believed Tastes claim.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Oh, fair enough, then.

Weirdly, I'm more inclined to believe Anon's roleclaim after taste's, for this reason - one tracker is basic, two trackers becomes confusing design, but three trackers becomes ~ a theme ~.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Allen Wren posted:

Oh, fair enough, then.

Weirdly, I'm more inclined to believe Anon's roleclaim after taste's, for this reason - one tracker is basic, two trackers becomes confusing design, but three trackers becomes ~ a theme ~.

Does that mean you think most of the roles are in threes?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

garthoneeye posted:

I honestly hadn't thought of that, but it's certainly worth exploring as a concept (not, like, to the point of ignoring core gameplay concepts like 'wow that guy seems pretty full of poo poo').

My initial thought was something more like "we've got a shitload of trackers and jailers and no cops/docs"

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

garthoneeye posted:

We know that PMush was vanilla town, KB and Taste were town trackers and 8bux was a town jailer. But we also know that not every role listed by MMM will be in the game. We started with 17 people and I think we can safely assume that there can't be more than 5 bad guys total between scum/SK. So right now that leaves us with 13 people left and probably between 3-5 bad guys. For assumptions sake, I'll say no SK and max scum which means there are only 8 town people alive right now.

So if we are to believe that ANarc is a third tracker, then that would mean there are two other jailers and two other vanilla town people. So that leaves us with 3 people with a different role. And what would that make the scum team if there are 5? 1 Godfather, 3 RBs, one vanilla?

That seems like a strange set up.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Although, if there are no cops in the game, then there wouldn't really need to be a Godfather either. I mean the only advantage the Godfather has is that he reveals as NOT SCUM to a cop right?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Welcome to Mafia.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Although, if there are no cops in the game, then there wouldn't really need to be a Godfather either. I mean the only advantage the Godfather has is that he reveals as NOT SCUM to a cop right?

That is an accurate summation of the Godfather, but speculating that granularly about the setup is often not helpful; there are plenty of games where the setup will include things that may not be helpful (i.e., a godfather in a no-cop game, notes about how one's role interacts with recruiters when there is no cult, etc.) to prevent speculation.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I'm going to talk about Met. Almost everything he has provided so far has been unhelpful.

Early on: Family Feud, HiipFire policy vote.

A bit later... He does a :stare: at PMush's case on Madman, but then votes PMush in a separate post after someone else does it first. Why didn't he just vote in the first post? He didn't want to start the wrong lynch bandwagon but he was eager to hop on it.

Met posted:

To a new guy!

##vote Poison Mushroom

But this doesn't mean I don't enjoy having you in Mafia games again. Please play more. :)
In the PMush vote and in this other post below he's also being the Nice Police. He also came in and defended EXAKT and his Hulk Hogan stuff and voted Pmom just for bringing it up.

Met posted:

Whoa man, is that necessary? Ease up.

Also, this chart he made:

Met posted:

I really don't believe the Tracker claim.

Here's what we know about the setup:

Scum Godfather
Scum Roleblocker
Scum Goon
-
Town Doctor
Town Cop
Town Vigilante
Town Jailor
Town Bulletproof
Town Tracker (KB)
Town Mason
Town Mason
Town Vanilla (PMush)
-
Serial Killer
-
Unknown
Unknown
Unknown
Unknown

Even if there's four scum like I suspect, that's a lot of town power roles. Just from a balance standpoint, one unknown is likely Scum and the other three are probably Vanilla Towns.
was just full of bad info. He didn't allow for repeated roles and assumed every role must appear and didn't read that masons aren't confirmed town.

Finally, despite how aggressive Taste was being, it is true that Taste was right about people not considering him scum, and Met kept running from it. Also, he was so upset at Taste that I don't think he'd have returned to the game unless he was scum and had to for the scum team. ##vote Met

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Allen Wren posted:

That is an accurate summation of the Godfather, but speculating that granularly about the setup is often not helpful; there are plenty of games where the setup will include things that may not be helpful (i.e., a godfather in a no-cop game, notes about how one's role interacts with recruiters when there is no cult, etc.) to prevent speculation.

Yeah I get it, I'm not really trying to draw any conclusions from trying to figure out the setup.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

We know that PMush was vanilla town, KB and Taste were town trackers and 8bux was a town jailer. But we also know that not every role listed by MMM will be in the game. We started with 17 people and I think we can safely assume that there can't be more than 5 bad guys total between scum/SK. So right now that leaves us with 13 people left and probably between 3-5 bad guys. For assumptions sake, I'll say no SK and max scum which means there are only 8 town people alive right now.

So if we are to believe that ANarc is a third tracker, then that would mean there are two other jailers and two other vanilla town people. So that leaves us with 3 people with a different role. And what would that make the scum team if there are 5? 1 Godfather, 3 RBs, one vanilla?

There are not five scum in a seventeen player game. This entire post is empty setup spec, and it fits right in with the massive volumes of emptyposting and content lurking that TMM has been doing all game.
##vote TMMadman

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

There are not five scum in a seventeen player game. This entire post is empty setup spec, and it fits right in with the massive volumes of emptyposting and content lurking that TMM has been doing all game.
##vote TMMadman

This is the third time you have voted for me for no real good reason. The first was when I responded to you bolding WOLF in SWOLFIA with a picture of Wolf from American Gladiators, the second was when I called you out about choosing the heel version of Hulk Hogan for your self-imposed flavor and now you're saying that I have been empty posting and content lurking. It seems really defensive and weird.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I'd like to point out that EXAKT was the hammer on PMush and the 7th vote on Taste (possibly expecting the hammer to quickly?)

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yeah, why would you vote on setup spec from a first time player? He's still learning the ropes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah, why would you vote on setup spec from a first time player? He's still learning the ropes.

Also, it's a direct reply to garth asking if most of the roles are in threes.

So either way, I don't think it's empty setup speculation.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

That's not why I'm voting him. I'm voting him for content lurking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

That's not why I'm voting him. I'm voting him for content lurking.

I don't see how you can say I'm content lurking.

• Locked thread