Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Propaganda Machine posted:

I lost confidence when you came in with the tracker claim. Of the two of you, I thought you were more likely to be lying, and I would still very, very gladly vote for you, but Fast Luck is looking even worse right now. I'm still waiting for you to make a post that isn't defensive.

Ok, this was just in response to allen asking why I tried to track you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
When is this day supposed to end? Votetracker isn't right. I have a hella busy weekend, but hopefully I'll be able to post a decent amount still.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DaisyDanger posted:

When is this day supposed to end? Votetracker isn't right. I have a hella busy weekend, but hopefully I'll be able to post a decent amount still.

Well, I would expect at least 48 hours, but given the holiday weekend it might be longer. MMM has not officially given a deadline.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ah right, there's some kind of weird day south of the border right?

Monday at 10pm is your deadline

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:c: The Current Day 3 Votecount :c:

Fast Luck (2): Pinterest Mom, Propaganda Machine
Met (1): Fast Luck
AnonymousNarcotics (1): Chic Trombone
TMMadman (1): EXAKT Science

Not Voting (8): Allen Wren, AnonymousNarcotics, DaisyDanger, garthoneeye, HiipFire, imgay, Met, TMMadman

:h: With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is July 06th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 4 hours.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

TMMadman posted:

So if we are to believe that ANarc is a third tracker, then that would mean there are two other jailers and two other vanilla town people.

Wait, what?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Met posted:

Wait, what?

Um, did you read the whole post?

garth directly asked allen if she thought that most of the roles were in threes. It's a logical extension of that thought. There has been one confirmed vanilla town, one confirmed jailer and two confirmed trackers.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It's pretty far-fetched. Three trackers is already a lot for us to swallow, I don't think there's going to be three jailors or something too. Not even considering the fact that that'd make town super powerful.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Ah right, there's some kind of weird day south of the border right?

Monday at 10pm is your deadline

As if Canada Day wasn't on Wednesday.

I went out for poutine. A Smokes opened up in Hollywood a couple weeks ago :shobon:

But thanks for the extended deadline.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Fast Luck posted:

It's pretty far-fetched. Three trackers is already a lot for us to swallow, I don't think there's going to be three jailors or something too. Not even considering the fact that that'd make town super powerful.

I don't think it's the case either. I wasn't putting it out there because I thought it was true, I was putting it out there because that kind of setup seems weird for a game that isn't declared role madness.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah, it just seemed like idle chat to me, not anything nefarious haha. Not really worried about "content lurking" from you either because you've already supplied more content than most of the players in this game. Which brings me to this next thought, the lurkers are getting off completely free here. I'm not an experienced player but in my past games we sometimes lynched the lurkers, while in this game people have said we wouldn't learn enough from doing that to someone with a null read. I don't think that's untrue but it almost seems to be encouraging scum to lurk, and with all the drama in the past couple days it was easy for scum to lay low and let it happen. Notice the night kills have not targeted the big lurkers either.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

Fast Luck posted:

Yeah, it just seemed like idle chat to me, not anything nefarious haha. Not really worried about "content lurking" from you either because you've already supplied more content than most of the players in this game. Which brings me to this next thought, the lurkers are getting off completely free here. I'm not an experienced player but in my past games we sometimes lynched the lurkers, while in this game people have said we wouldn't learn enough from doing that to someone with a null read. I don't think that's untrue but it almost seems to be encouraging scum to lurk, and with all the drama in the past couple days it was easy for scum to lay low and let it happen. Notice the night kills have not targeted the big lurkers either.

This is a good point. I haven't been paying attention to them much at all, although I did say I think Allen would be more active if he were scum. I don't know how much I actually believe that, but we shouldn't just assume that the quieter people are town because they aren't saying anything.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

DaisyDanger posted:

This is a good point. I haven't been paying attention to them much at all, although I did say I think Allen would be more active if he were scum. I don't know how much I actually believe that, but we shouldn't just assume that the quieter people are town because they aren't saying anything.

I'm generally pretty bad at scumhunting, so I tend to let the more experienced players go at it.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

My only issue with this is that we have a lot of content to work with. We have, what, 13 left? If we're assuming four scum and no SK, that gives us two more mislynches before we're really in trouble. I'd rather gun for a good case than take a shot in the dark at a lurker right now.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Okay, well if you want to go back to existing content, there's something I want to ask you. I was reading back your day one content and we both thought that PMush, as wrong as we thought her casing was, was telling her truth. You were expressing some real disbelief about my opinions on Taste's wager but do you not believe my truth is that I believed his wager was for real? I could actually prove this but it's embarrassing enough that I'll leave that for later.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

Okay, well if you want to go back to existing content, there's something I want to ask you. I was reading back your day one content and we both thought that PMush, as wrong as we thought her casing was, was telling her truth. You were expressing some real disbelief about my opinions on Taste's wager but do you not believe my truth is that I believed his wager was for real? I could actually prove this but it's embarrassing enough that I'll leave that for later.

Let me look. I don't put a lot of stock in D1 long term since it's the blind leading the blind. You'll notice that I gunned hard for imgay D1, but haven't paid him much mind since then.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Alright, it looks like you're pointing at pages 6 and 7.

My read there is that nobody likes D1 and people are trying to drum up content and momentum, but it's only half-serious, with you as an exception. I don't think anybody took the wager seriously.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I took it seriously Prop!! And, as unpopular as that opinion is right now, I still think it's correct. I thought Taste was impassioned there, not poo poo posting. Also, note that he went on to try to bet real life money on D2, was that just poo poo posting too? I don't know if this is really an important part of your case against me, but if it is and I'm in danger I can definitively squash it before the deadline.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

I took it seriously Prop!! And, as unpopular as that opinion is right now, I still think it's correct. I thought Taste was impassioned there, not poo poo posting. Also, note that he went on to try to bet real life money on D2, was that just poo poo posting too? I don't know if this is really an important part of your case against me, but if it is and I'm in danger I can definitively squash it before the deadline.

It's part of the case. It's not the whole case, but it's suspicious. It looks like you're logicking where there isn't really any logic, and your full-out logicposts go from point A to point 74 with maximum effort but very little sense.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Did Taste have the right read on Met? Would Met still be playing if he were town?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

Did Taste have the right read on Met? Would Met still be playing if he were town?

I don't know what that's supposed to mean. The only time I've played with Met, he was scum and it was obvious after I got onto him, got NKed, and he roleclaimed cop. I really didn't like the interaction he had with Taste, cf. my effortpost from the end of yesterday.

My suspect list right now is you, Narc, and Met.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

There are not five scum in a seventeen player game. This entire post is empty setup spec, and it fits right in with the massive volumes of emptyposting and content lurking that TMM has been doing all game.
##vote TMMadman

I'd like to go back to this for a second. Why would you say there are not five scum in a 17 person game? I looked into the history of Mafia and it looks like the original ruleset suggested that a third of the players be scum.

I understand we aren't playing the original ruleset and the introduction of power roles have changed the game over the years, but how can you say for a fact that there aren't five scum in the game?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Well we know he tried to replace out and leave the game. MMM presumably tells him he can't since it's past D1, so he'd have to be mod killed. As town, does he say, well fine fine I'll come back? Or does he only say that if he's scum?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Fast Luck posted:

Well we know he tried to replace out and leave the game. MMM presumably tells him he can't since it's past D1, so he'd have to be mod killed. As town, does he say, well fine fine I'll come back? Or does he only say that if he's scum?

Can we not do this

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

Holy poo poo. You're still taking things at face value.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

I'd like to go back to this for a second. Why would you say there are not five scum in a 17 person game? I looked into the history of Mafia and it looks like the original ruleset suggested that a third of the players be scum.

I understand we aren't playing the original ruleset and the introduction of power roles have changed the game over the years, but how can you say for a fact that there aren't five scum in the game?

are you saying you know that there are?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Have a thought exercise. Go back through the Taste mess, and check out how many people were frustrated by the whole thing and quittingish. Daisy and Narc immediately come to mind. Does that make them scummy, too?

I think there's a case to be made for Met. I do not think that getting frustrated is part of it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

are you saying you know that there are?

No, I'm asking you how you can claim for a fact that there aren't five scum in the game.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
4 scum is the standard for a 17 player game. can i be absolutely sure that there aren't five scum in this game? no, i can't. however, it's so unlikely that i don't know why it's being discussed. this is the same thing you did with my flavor yesterday; you're spending posts talking about unimportant things so that it looks like you're generating solid content when actually you aren't contributing to scumhunting.

now that i've said this, it's the cue for your scumbuddy pmach to come in and distract from what i'm saying by talking about how you're new, like she's been doing every single time i've cased you.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

No, I'm asking you how you can claim for a fact that there aren't five scum in the game.

because i'm in the scumdoc and there are only four of us, loving obviously :rolleyes:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

EXAKT Science posted:

4 scum is the standard for a 17 player game. can i be absolutely sure that there aren't five scum in this game? no, i can't. however, it's so unlikely that i don't know why it's being discussed. this is the same thing you did with my flavor yesterday; you're spending posts talking about unimportant things so that it looks like you're generating solid content when actually you aren't contributing to scumhunting.

now that i've said this, it's the cue for your scumbuddy pmach to come in and distract from what i'm saying by talking about how you're new, like she's been doing every single time i've cased you.

Sorry dude. Too busy with Fast Luck. Do you think he's town?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

no he's in the scumdoc too

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

You entire case on me consists of: He's content lurking. Which is a bit ironic coming from someone how has been actually lurking.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

real answer: no, because you're voting for him

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

You entire case on me consists of: He's content lurking. Which is a bit ironic coming from someone how has been actually lurking.

you have half a page of goddamn posts about my flavor.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

you have half a page of goddamn posts about my flavor.

Including this one, there are between 10-12 posts regarding your flavor. It's hardly half a page and it started as idle speculation. So why are you so defensive about it?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

EXAKT Science posted:

real answer: no, because you're voting for him
I think you meant yes. Not sure how to feel about it either way though

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Mafia edit - It's between 10-12 because it depends on if you want to count posts like when I responded to FLuck saying that I didn't think it was serious, but it was an interesting choice.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

I think you meant yes. Not sure how to feel about it either way though

No, he thinks I'm bussing you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Fast Luck posted:

To paraphrase MMM after he closed the thread for the night:

"I reprimanded Taste but you should stop directly engaging with him. You were part of it too and that's not a good reason to replace out."

So my options were either to see if things got better after the break or refuse to cooperate. I wasn't feeling particularly spiteful after the night off.

• Locked thread