Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What's to nerf? With bounties, it only costs 1k to blow up someone's car. Someone is driving a Kuruma you hate so much, so you set a bounty on them which costs 2k, then you blow them up which returns 1k to you. You do this a few times and then go into passive mode and taunt them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Blazing Ownager posted:

I almost get the feeling there's a "It's GTA gently caress BALANCE" perspective going on around here, to be honest

Because I think a system that punishes players for defending themselves is stupid as poo poo.

No theres more of a "you are a loving baby over a video game" reminds me of the mwo days.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OhsH posted:

No theres more of a "you are a loving baby over a video game" reminds me of the mwo days.

Hey now I'd never compare GTA V to MWO, that's just loving awful

But yeah a quick google search seems to reveal that people have been saying what I am since the game came out, so I am pretty sure this thread is just a bunch of people that are scared someone'll take their supercar away and not actually wanting the game to have a little more longevity. Oh well it's all moot since everyone just cheats anyway.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Jesus Christ, this thread.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Blazing Ownager posted:

But yeah a quick google search seems to reveal that people have been saying what I am since the game came out, so I am pretty sure this thread is just a bunch of people that are scared someone'll take their supercar away and not actually wanting the game to have a little more longevity

I honestly doubt anyone here is scared that we'll lose our Armored Kurumas, since most of us don't obsess over the car like the people who seem to despise and hate it because IT'S THE WORST THING EVER OMG.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
If it really hurts to lose money when blowing up cars, go to 0 dollars and blow cars up for free

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Blazing Ownager posted:

But yeah a quick google search seems to reveal that people have been saying what I am since the game came out, so I am pretty sure this thread is just a bunch of people that are scared someone'll take their supercar away and not actually wanting the game to have a little more longevity. Oh well it's all moot anyway since everyone just cheats anyway.

I drive muscle cars.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OhsH posted:

If it really hurts to lose money when blowing up cars, go to 0 dollars and blow cars up for free

I do this frequently, it's my favorite way to remove cheat money.

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I drive muscle cars.

:hfive:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The only time I ever drive my Kuruma is if I'm going to do a mission because it makes the mission easier (do people really enjoy doing the same poo poo over and over again while hiding behind cover?) or if I'm loving around with other goons. Plus it looks like Leonardo from Ninja Turtles. Mostly I just drive around in my 300sl analog because it looks awesome and has the best exhaust in the game.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

The only time I ever drive my Kuruma is if I'm going to do a mission because it makes the mission easier (do people really enjoy doing the same poo poo over and over again while hiding behind cover?) or if I'm loving around with other goons. Plus it looks like Leonardo from Ninja Turtles. Mostly I just drive around in my 300sl analog because it looks awesome and has the best exhaust in the game.

I dunno man, have you heard the Virgo? That thing just sounds angry.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
It's a killer car with offroad tires for any of the missions that have you driving the long dirt road way around the alamo sea.

"remove cheat money" hahah

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

T1g4h posted:

I dunno man, have you heard the Virgo? That thing just sounds angry.

Have you ever let off the throttle in the gullwing? More cars in this game need exhaust pops.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

Have you ever let off the throttle in the gullwing? More cars in this game need exhaust pops.

No doubt, it does make amazing sounds and that crackle is awesome, but I'm super partial to the pissed off V8 note of the Virgo :allears:

Honestly, I hope they give the Brawler an equally awesome exhaust to go with the looks.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The brawler is made by Coil, the same company that makes the voltic.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Yeah but it's based off the Rally Fighter, so I'm hoping it has an actual engine like the real one :v:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Blazing Ownager posted:

Hi I'm new here and never read the thread and am rehashing every wrong argument over the last 21 months

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

Stopitb (I forget his SA username) doesn't post anymore? I need to ask him.. questions.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Hi I'm new here and never read the thread and am rehashing every wrong argument over the last 21 months

Jossos posted:

Stopitb (I forget his SA username) doesn't post anymore? I need to ask him.. questions.

He friend of the family rigged a sweet hack to stick it to cock* and won this terrible hosed up mess of a game so now he spends his time calling Game Stop about Far Cry 6.

On PS3 (best platform) if I am in passive and I get in or on a vehicle, I am no longer passive. What the hell cock*?

DerVerrater
Feb 19, 2013
WHATEVER HAPPENED ON DISCORD, I WAS NOT INVOLVED
Tonight in gta online I got a virtual lapdance till my cpu over heated.... Successful night

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

T1g4h posted:

No doubt, it does make amazing sounds and that crackle is awesome, but I'm super partial to the pissed off V8 note of the Virgo :allears:

Honestly, I hope they give the Brawler an equally awesome exhaust to go with the looks.

The Buccaneer with a turbo is pretty great, too. Just a low steady rumble, then hisssssss :q:

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Capn Beeb posted:

The Buccaneer with a turbo is pretty great, too. Just a low steady rumble, then hisssssss :q:

This man speaks the truth.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Unless things have changed recently, all you have to do to avoid paying insurance on a car you popped is to bank all your cash because it only makes you pay out of cash-on-hand.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

titties posted:

Unless things have changed recently, all you have to do to avoid paying insurance on a car you popped is to bank all your cash because it only makes you pay out of cash-on-hand.

This is absolutely not true, I never keep cash on hand but still pay insurance.

titties
May 10, 2012

BitBasher posted:

This is absolutely not true, I never keep cash on hand but still pay insurance.

welp

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Put all your cash into a second character.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Guys like him is why I love passive mode. They get so loving salty when I respawn in passive, it's basically a push-to-troll button.

titties
May 10, 2012

If you kill me and I wasn't doing anything to you then I will respawn in passive b/c I didn't want to be killed. Shocking I'm sure

Also god mode implies that you are invincible and can fly and can kill people with one hit and probably they explode. Passive is not a god mode, in fact it is kind of lovely

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Passive mode is annoying in that it makes everyone else transparent and I can't do the unarmed flip off when in cars. So it's completely balanced.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

mutata posted:

Guys like him is why I love passive mode. They get so loving salty when I respawn in passive, it's basically a push-to-troll button.

Hahaha yep.

I used to care about the armored karuma. Then I drove other cars and decided I didn't care after all. They make boring missions faster but they're worse for rampages than a big rig, which lets you throw explosives out the window, while still protecting you from most poo poo (press x to become nigh immune to small arms).

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
So, I hate to change the topic and all because I love watching people argue, but does anyone have a recommendation for a Bluray/Netflix remote for the PS4? My better half is laid up with an injury and the battery life on the controllers are so horrid he can't use them to play games and control the media apps.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

Kelly posted:

So, I hate to change the topic and all because I love watching people argue, but does anyone have a recommendation for a Bluray/Netflix remote for the PS4? My better half is laid up with an injury and the battery life on the controllers are so horrid he can't use them to play games and control the media apps.

Have you tried enabling HDMI-CEC on your PS4 and using your tv's remote? It works on my tv to navigate through the PS4's menus. It also has the bonus feature of turning on the tv and setting the correct input when I turn on the console.

Edit: It's called HDMI Device Link on the PS4.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Aardmania posted:

Have you tried enabling HDMI-CEC on your PS4 and using your tv's remote? It works on my tv to navigate through the PS4's menus. It also has the bonus feature of turning on the tv and setting the correct input when I turn on the console.

Edit: It's called HDMI Device Link on the PS4.

also check what its called for your tv make cos they all use different names for some stupid reason and you need to turn it on on the tv

Blazing Ownager posted:

But yeah a quick google search seems to reveal that people have been saying what I am since the game came out, so I am pretty sure this thread is just a bunch of people that are scared someone'll take their supercar away and not actually wanting the game to have a little more longevity. Oh well it's all moot since everyone just cheats anyway.

you'ar a fuckin idiot baby and should sotp playing this game if it is causing u this much anger

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

mutata posted:

It can also provoke trolls too sadly, like guys that keep driving through you, honking their horns and maybe shooting or knocking around my car or getting out their cars and using one of the crass movements.as the follow me about. And of course there's the ever popular attacking checks to close the shops or blocking the doors with vehicles.

This seems to happen most to my female character so that may also be a factor.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
also one time a ghostdad was just standing there in the middle of the road all spooky and i drove straight through him and for a split second his face was right in front of mine and i could tell he was deeply sexually aroused.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
seriously though they should have just put animals in and passive mode spawns you as something docile like a ccow or a whale but you can still be killed because gently caress you.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

it's me, I'm the guy with the heavy sniper camped out on the building sniping you as you try to get into Suburban, and then RPG-ing you from downtown. Also the kuruma is a pretty weak trollmobile since you can't throw explosives from it, so if you're in your car and getting iced by a dude in one of those, practice evasive driving. The Insurgent driver is also pretty easy to shoot out from ground level too. Still, paying for them sucks balls :shrug:

To be honest, I'm never so busy in freeroam that I won't take the time to throw down on people who start poo poo with me. I will concede that setting a bounty on someone isn't easy to do in the heat of the moment. Basically:

Blazing Ownager posted:

titties
May 10, 2012

Stux posted:

also check what its called for your tv make cos they all use different names for some stupid reason and you need to turn it on on the tv

Definitely does not work for all TVs. My LG 32lk450 is about 4 years old and has "Simplink", which apparently supports cable boxes and VCRs (wtf) but not PS4.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Blazing Ownager posted:

People who are saying what you are saying are also loving idiots because so far you said that kurumas cost 30k to blow up, passive overrides bounties, and you have to pay insurance on bounties. You don't know what you're talking about stfu.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Thanks for the advice - I had no idea that was a thing on the PS4. Going to check it out later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

gently caress, I thought Cock* had dropped more insanely overpriced barbie dress-up stuff and neat cars for me to grind for, but nope, it's just more bickering.

Also, where do you guys encounter all the generous hackers? I got to fly around in a pink indestructible Lazer that I promptly got stuck on geometry, but no cash monies. I feel cheated. :(

• Locked thread