Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

"It's a picture perfect day at the World Center of Racing!"

Only if you're looking east, Krista.

e-

quote:

Jenna Fryer ‏@JennaFryer 46s46 seconds ago
Jeff Gordon confirms #NASCAR to use a higher downforce package at Indy and Michigan

...apparently it's actually high DRAG.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jul 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I have no sound, is it wet

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I love the Bit-O-Honey car.

It reminds me of the weird gimmick sponsors that existed in the 90's.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Noooo my hero

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Last Man Standing is the rule tonight.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CBJSprague24 posted:

Lets go Cena

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Diabeetus meets Cowboy Hat.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I fuckin knew Reed was gonna cause a wreck, he was all over the track since the restart.

Also I just started watching during the last yellow, have I missed anything? (I assume no judging by the lack of posts)

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

NBC seems to be pretty good at covering auto racing.

They've made some mistakes, but it's so much more enjoyable to watch then Fox.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

FuzzySkinner posted:

NBC seems to be pretty good at covering auto racing.

They've made some mistakes, but it's so much more enjoyable to watch then Fox.

I like Rick Allen for his over enthusiasm makes the race entertaining. Both Steve and Jeff do a good job explaining and not being a loving gimmick.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

BMB5150 posted:

I like Rick Allen for his over enthusiasm makes the race entertaining. Both Steve and Jeff do a good job explaining and not being a loving gimmick.

Boogity Boogity boys lets do color

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

BMB5150 posted:

Mike Joy ‏@mikejoy500 2m2 minutes ago
Everyone likes a shiny new penny.
Enjoy the coverage. “@WhatADierk: We don't miss you. NBC kicks your rear end!!!!!! Nascar is watchable again”

NASCAR 2015: Everyone likes a shiny new penny.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Mike Joy is alright but I sure don't miss Waltrip in the booth. Ugh. I really wish Gordon was replacing DW instead of Larry.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Buschwacker gon ruin dis

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Brian 'utter dipshit' Scott

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

lmao

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Hahaha knew Scott was way too good for being in 1st.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

So who is left? Kahne and Dillon and scrubs in the back?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

They all loving wrecked. Literally all of them.

That's like when I bought NR2002 and deliberately wrecked the field to see what it looked like.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BMB5150 posted:

So who is left? Kahne and Dillon and scrubs in the back?

Pretty much, these last two wrecks have decimated the field. I think Sadler got through without major damage as well but I'd count him as one of the scrubs in the back.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Cubey posted:

Mike Joy is alright but I sure don't miss Waltrip in the booth. Ugh. I really wish Gordon was replacing DW instead of Larry.
I wonder if that's not the plan for 2017 and onward.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

There are 6 cars who don't have damage from those last two wrecks :laffo:

Go Benny Gordon!

e: I was wrong, it was just 6 who had mostly dodged that last wreck and some of them had damage. There are a whole 9 cars on the lead lap.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jul 5, 2015

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Rooting For Rhodes

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/NASCARonNBC/status/617502917008863232

owns.

Seriously, who's ever running auto racing at NBCSN needs a raise, and to keep up the good work. Bringing on Ken Squier in the Sam Posey role is loving brilliant.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Well, sitting in a cloud of firework and wreck smoke agitated by humidity and mostly stagnant air was different.

It's kind of interesting (and never dawned on me until now) that there's so much going on at the track that it's easy to miss stuff until you get the chance to get caught up. I was actually getting updates in IRC during the red in part because I'd taken my headset off and missed that they'd penalized all those car for coming down and passing the leader.

Also, Regan Smith and his spotter were both commenting on all the "pushing" guys were getting away with. Apparently Logano and Dillon did it all the way down the backstretch early in the going.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jul 5, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Other thoughts- I listened to NBC for a while during the race. Rick Allen's overexcitement is somewhat grating to me and I think that's why I wasn't looking forward to him in this package.

FuzzySkinner posted:

Mike Joy ‏@mikejoy500 2m2 minutes ago
Everyone likes a shiny new penny.
Enjoy the coverage. “@WhatADierk: We don't miss you. NBC kicks your rear end!!!!!! Nascar is watchable again”

Mike Joy is excellent at social media.

Boomer The Cannon posted:

I wonder if that's not the plan for 2017 and onward.

Joy was saying earlier this week that there's still going to be a role for Larry where he'll play into their broadcasts greatly next year. Interesting to see what that involves.

And I never thought that this:

CBJSprague24 posted:

...would hold true as much as it did. Once I realized that Scott was the leader and that the 33 was about the only one to make it back around clean from the wreck, I shook my head and laughed.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Also, Regan Smith and his spotter were both commenting on all the "pushing" guys were getting away with. Apparently Logano and Dillon did it all the way down the backstretch early in the going.

It was pretty blatantly obvious that Logano was doing it towards the end of the race as well. I love rules that are very selectively enforced!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Monte Dutton's doing things on Twitter:

quote:

Monte Dutton ‏@MonteDutton 2h2 hours ago South Carolina, USA

#NASCAR Brian Scott ingeniously manages not to win yet again.

:lol:

quote:

Monte Dutton ‏@MonteDutton 5h5 hours ago South Carolina, USA

#NASCAR The stands won't be grand again till next February.

NASCAR 2015 (Chase): The Stands Won't Be Grand Again 'Til Next February :vince:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Rico Abreu got his first K&N series win today, which is neat.

edit: Gotta say, even with this being my first time at Daytona, it's bizarre to see all the grandstands so gutted.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Monte Dutton's doing things on Twitter:

:lol:

NASCAR 2015 (Chase): The Stands Won't Be Grand Again 'Til Next February :vince:

We need to buy him an account, for real lol.

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
Remember my name... you'll be screaming it later.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Rico Abreu got his first K&N series win today, which is neat.

Rico "loving" Abreu.

I still feel awkward talking about him racing midgets.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Possibly Chicken posted:

We need to buy him an account, for real lol.

Nah, he'll just keep advertising his lovely novel like he does on Twitter.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The Speedway didn't swap any flags out on Friday. Stats aren't in for Saturday activity.

News 13, which is an Orlando-based Bright House Networks-only news channel, interviewed fans about the issue. One of them camped in the infield said he wouldn't be coming back as long as the anti-Confederate policies were in place. I talked to one of the "gypsies" at the Daytona Flea Market who had come from South Carolina to sell stuff. She's talked to several people who think the biggest backlash might be at Darlington.

So, yeah. This is going well.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I hope this ends like Kent State

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I approve of Mike Joy. He's a Class-A troll. If Jeff had even replaced just DW, the Waltrip situation is solved. I think it's the interaction between DW and Mikey (as well as DW by himself) that is the issue here.

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://twitter.com/NASCARonNBC/status/617502917008863232

owns.

Seriously, who's ever running auto racing at NBCSN needs a raise, and to keep up the good work. Bringing on Ken Squier in the Sam Posey role is loving brilliant.

Did you notice there was a clip of Tim Richmond in there?!?!?

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

To be fair, most people probably don't care about the policy. The news will just find those few toothless hillbillies out there with their lifted trucks and ask them how it feels to have their southern pride castrated.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Bright House media papers are the loving worst.

One of the Pittsburgh papers (different company) sent a reporter to Motordrome Speedway (1/2 mile) on Friday looking for Confederate flags.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

I hope this ends like Kent State

My Alma Mater!

(worthless loving degree....)

CBJSprague24 posted:

The Speedway didn't swap any flags out on Friday. Stats aren't in for Saturday activity.

News 13, which is an Orlando-based Bright House Networks-only news channel, interviewed fans about the issue. One of them camped in the infield said he wouldn't be coming back as long as the anti-Confederate policies were in place. I talked to one of the "gypsies" at the Daytona Flea Market who had come from South Carolina to sell stuff. She's talked to several people who think the biggest backlash might be at Darlington.

https://twitter.com/NASCARCountryUS/status/617717734374273024

:negative:

I saw some idiots flying it around on the 4th of July around town. Thankfully there were some people who finally put ol' glory in the back of their truck.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

My Alma Mater!

(worthless loving degree....)

https://twitter.com/NASCARCountryUS/status/617717734374273024

:negative:

I saw some idiots flying it around on the 4th of July around town. Thankfully there were some people who finally put ol' glory in the back of their truck.

At least they're making it easy to see where all the idiots are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

AZConservative ‏@AZConservative1 17h17 hours ago
If you watch @NASCAR then you are supporting a gay parade. Time to #BoycottNascar & the offensive Brian France #tcot

C/D?

Wait...it's all coming clear to me. THE FORMER NASCAR HQ IS NOW A GAY BAR!? HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO BLIND?

Also this whole meltdown by these people are hilarious.

• Locked thread