Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I would kill to see WHM's Pokémon League: Red Scorpion edition as an actual animated product. With Ash and Co. like the Harlem Globetrotters, touring Not Japan throwing down in sick gladiatorial battles to entertain the people, while Brock keeps getting catfished by Pokémon, Team Rocket are vampires hot on their heels, and Meowth is secretly raising a Pokeresistance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I love that they mentioned the really bad attempts at hiding the fact that the show was from Japan because even as a kid that stuff still cracked me up. Their "Hey Ash, want a CHEESEBURGER?" joke wasn't even an exaggeration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWgxH2KG4ts

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'm just surprised they didn't just draw donuts over the rice balls. 4Kids was notorious for just redrawing poo poo they didn't like, thought would be controversial, or had a weird and completely irrational issue with. Like I'm pretty sure they turned a whale into and iceberg for no discernible reason in one of their shows.

I would expect something more like this

Gyges fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 27, 2015

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
In One Piece, I believe, and that was because they just didn't feel like dubbing and broadcasting the story arc involving that whale.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I do have to wonder though: why the gently caress DO Team Rocket sleep in suspended sleeping bags?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I do have to wonder though: why the gently caress DO Team Rocket sleep in suspended sleeping bags?

All sorts of monsters on the ground. Although most of them can fly, so really you take your life into your hands if you camp no matter where your sleeping bag is.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
I forgot how good the Substitute episode was.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I forgot how good the Substitute episode was.

Gotta go robot.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
So I'm guessing next week is going to be Avengers.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

frgildan posted:

So I'm guessing next week is going to be Avengers.

Avengers, League of extraordinary gentleman, Never Say Never Again. They have lots of options.
It would also be bad timing to do Avengers.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

bobkatt013 posted:

Avengers, League of extraordinary gentleman, Never Say Never Again. They have lots of options.

Isn't Never Say Never Again a Stay Tuned?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Isn't Never Say Never Again a Stay Tuned?

It might be and I do expect a bond film this year due to the new one coming out.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Maybe Entrapment?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Terminators having dicks has always been canon, you can totally hear Arnie's penis slapping this thigh when he's walking around naked in the opening of The Terminator. :colbert:

bobkatt013 posted:

It's the opposite of a blockbuster but Sir Billi/Guardian of the Highlands is a real Stay Tuned if there ever was one.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

quote:

Terrible movie don't watch, too late on that one. Everyone and their dog has and I have. I love it. Have a nice night. Don't watch you, oh wait I mean listen. I probably won't be, you suck. Badly. I'll tell you what's terrible, your site and you. Have a nice night. Did I mention you suck and are terrible, good. I hope I have. The Mask, The Lost World, Space Jam, This, you've got to be kidding me with you losers.

I have a new favorite WHM episode comment :allears:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

It's not every day you get to see someone talking sideways.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Does anyone know what podcast Jupin was on discussing WHM? He mentioned it in an episode but I can't recall which one

VVVV Thanks!

Yaws fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jul 1, 2015

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Yaws posted:

Does anyone know what podcast Jupin was on discussing WHM? He mentioned it in an episode but I can't recall which one

He's done two that I can remember, How Is This Movie? is probably the one you're thinking of, but he also did Podcasterbating with Eric last year.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

It's not every day you get to see someone talking sideways.

Be kind. He was so blinded by rage at the suggestion that The Mask is a bad movie that he had a stroke on the spot.

The Mask is a bad movie, BTW.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Looks like through the app they're adding quick minisodes on each of the Mission: Impossible movies. The first one is pretty decent so far.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
They're also asking for help finding dead episodes in their archive so they can upload them to a more reliable host than archive.org.

It was probably Secundus that removed them.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

DoombatINC posted:

I have a new favorite WHM episode comment :allears:

I want to hear them read it on air.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Dragonheart next week. I remember it being a pretty good movie, if only for the score but let's see what the guys have to say about it

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Jupin recently gave lovely Letterboxd reviews for both Dragonheart and LXG, but he directly confirmed the latter is an upcoming stay tuned, so I think that's this week's ep. We'll probably get both eventually though.

I can't wait until the next full Stay Tuned month because there are countless things they've mentioned that I want to hear them talk about and the list is only getting longer. I need some Bill & Ted and Weekend at Bernies just for the catharsis at this point.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Ror posted:

Jupin recently gave lovely Letterboxd reviews for both Dragonheart and LXG, but he directly confirmed the latter is an upcoming stay tuned, so I think that's this week's ep. We'll probably get both eventually though.

They posted a picture from Dragonheart on their Facebook page, so I'd say that's a pretty safe bet.

Though, it would be hilarious if the hint at the end of this week's episode was, again, Sean Connery.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
I found a real lovely pro life "horror" movie I might request for Stay Tuned - Robert Loggia is in it, it's super misogynistic and there's a terrible twist ending. It might almost be too vile.

PUGGERNAUT fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jul 6, 2015

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

They posted a picture from Dragonheart on their Facebook page, so I'd say that's a pretty safe bet.

Though, it would be hilarious if the hint at the end of this week's episode was, again, Sean Connery.

Oh I didn't see that, I hope you're right then!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I think I might request Lifetime's Taken For Ransom.

Woman loses her son, becomes an alcoholic, gets kidnapped, bonds with fellow kidnappee who reminds her of her son, makes an escape where her surrogate son dies and she kills 3 people, finds out that her husband and Tia Carrere orchestrated the kidnapping.

Only it turns out that instead of an affair between Tia Carrere and her husband, it was actually psychiatric therapy to get her to get over her dead son. Nobody actually died and all that super trauma fixed all her problems! Awww, how sweet, and they lived happily ever after.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gyges posted:

Woman loses her son, becomes an alcoholic, gets kidnapped, bonds with fellow kidnappee who reminds her of her son, makes an escape where her surrogate son dies and she kills 3 people, finds out that her husband and Tia Carrere orchestrated the kidnapping.

Only it turns out that instead of an affair between Tia Carrere and her husband, it was actually psychiatric therapy to get her to get over her dead son. Nobody actually died and all that super trauma fixed all her problems! Awww, how sweet, and they lived happily ever after.

What.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Gyges posted:

That sounds like a fake movie they make up in shows like 30 Rock.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

e X posted:

That sounds like a fake movie they make up in shows like 30 Rock.

It's a movie that you can tell probably was originally to be released in theaters or direct to DVD by the cast, but then everyone realized it was Lifetime worthy.

Staring:
Teri Polo
Chazz Palminteri
Tia Carrere

Lifetime calls it Taken For Ransom, but IMDB and the movie's website call it Final Recourse. I happened to flip through at the point where Chazz Palminteri is forcing her to watch her own funeral(they fake her death as part of the kidnapping, of course). Then happened to be flipping back through when the twist happens. It's pretty much typical Lifetime until the twist that it was all an attempt to cure her with therapy. Oh, also after she escapes I'm pretty sure they pull a make her look crazy because all the evidence of her captivity has been cleaned up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvJIcUNVis4
Yep, the trailer pretty much sums up the movie. Except after they explain what happened she's happy and, I'm almost certain, thanks her husband for doing it.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Ror posted:

I can't wait until the next full Stay Tuned month because there are countless things they've mentioned that I want to hear them talk about and the list is only getting longer. I need some Bill & Ted and Weekend at Bernies just for the catharsis at this point.

Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey HAS to happen soon. I think it's the movie they've referenced the most but actually haven't covered on the show.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dragonheart is a movie part of me refuses to believe ever got a home release. I wanted to see in theatres, but my mom said she'd rent it for me when it came out on tape. I waited for so long for my little rental place in the grocery store to get it back in the day, and it never did. This was back when it took nearly a year for a movie to get its home release. I've still to this day, never seen a VHS or DVD copy of it. I'm certain I'm only an Amazon search away from finding proof of its existence, but do I really want to find this bigfoot?

yoyomama
Dec 28, 2008
It's the first movie I ever bought on tape (I was 11-12), and I loved that movie way too much as a kid. I saw it in theaters and was angry at the ending. I haven't seen it in years, but it's still my favorite Sean Connery role.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

bobservo posted:

Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey HAS to happen soon. I think it's the movie they've referenced the most but actually haven't covered on the show.

But Bogus Journey is loving awesome. :colbert:

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Bogus Journey is awesome and inventive and I'm not sure why they keep making mention to it. You might not like Station, but the rest works great.

They were also surprisingly down on Looper and in particular Bruce Willis, which is weird because between that and Moonrise Kingdom it marked a brief moment where Willis was engaged again.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Bogus Journey is one of the better "gently caress you" sequels, like Howling 2 and TCM 2.

BlameSpacePod
Feb 24, 2015

DrVenkman posted:

Bogus Journey is awesome and inventive and I'm not sure why they keep making mention to it. You might not like Station, but the rest works great.

They were also surprisingly down on Looper and in particular Bruce Willis, which is weird because between that and Moonrise Kingdom it marked a brief moment where Willis was engaged again.

"They" of course means 1 person on the show while Chris and I both defended Looper on the air.

Regarding Bogus Journey, and DragonHeart, and every movie you love: sometimes we enjoy watching movies that aren't Nukie-level and I think we're able to mine it for jokes a lot easier producing all in all a better podcast. I think some of the the best episodes often come out of "middle of the road" movies. We've also gone on to recommend movies we do on the show, which I think Bogus Journey would definitely get.

I'm really starting to feel that with WHM we can't do anything right. People complain when we did Camp Nowhere since it was "too small" of a movie, then when we do big movies like T3 or DragonHeart people complain that they "like" those movies. I genuinely like a lot of movies we've covered. I nearly shut down the mere notion of doing an episode on The Running Man for instance but then I realized: it's OK to like a movie, let's have fun discussing it. It's just a fun conversation. I don't think we ever intend anything we say on the show to be the "definitive" opinion and often when I lurk somewhere, I feel bad about the way the show is perceived but that's on us, I know. I just want to post and say, hey, dudes, I feel you and I'm not trying to crap on things just to crap on them. I want to goof around about them.

We also mention "STAAAATION!!" a lot because it's a funny concept to us, which is probably a credit to the film we're referring to...

Don't mind me folks, I just wanted to stress despite our show name, tones, and demeanor, this show is not coming out of purely negative state. We love movies, we love watching movies, we enjoy what we do. We do it for a reason and that has to say something about even the worst movies we discuss. I always felt like we should be more-so labelled a "movie" show than a "bad movie" show.

Anyway, sorry I don't mean to be a buzzkill, I want to also sincerely thank you all for listening. It's been an incredible journey going from a cynical jerk in NYC to a cynical jerk in NYC with a podcast people actually enjoy. It means the world to all of us over at WHM Headquarters. Thanks guys.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

BlameSpacePod posted:

"They" of course means 1 person on the show while Chris and I both defended Looper on the air.

Regarding Bogus Journey, and DragonHeart, and every movie you love: sometimes we enjoy watching movies that aren't Nukie-level and I think we're able to mine it for jokes a lot easier producing all in all a better podcast. I think some of the the best episodes often come out of "middle of the road" movies. We've also gone on to recommend movies we do on the show, which I think Bogus Journey would definitely get.

I'm really starting to feel that with WHM we can't do anything right. People complain when we did Camp Nowhere since it was "too small" of a movie, then when we do big movies like T3 or DragonHeart people complain that they "like" those movies. I genuinely like a lot of movies we've covered. I nearly shut down the mere notion of doing an episode on The Running Man for instance but then I realized: it's OK to like a movie, let's have fun discussing it. It's just a fun conversation. I don't think we ever intend anything we say on the show to be the "definitive" opinion and often when I lurk somewhere, I feel bad about the way the show is perceived but that's on us, I know. I just want to post and say, hey, dudes, I feel you and I'm not trying to crap on things just to crap on them. I want to goof around about them.

We also mention "STAAAATION!!" a lot because it's a funny concept to us, which is probably a credit to the film we're referring to...

Don't mind me folks, I just wanted to stress despite our show name, tones, and demeanor, this show is not coming out of purely negative state. We love movies, we love watching movies, we enjoy what we do. We do it for a reason and that has to say something about even the worst movies we discuss. I always felt like we should be more-so labelled a "movie" show than a "bad movie" show.

Anyway, sorry I don't mean to be a buzzkill, I want to also sincerely thank you all for listening. It's been an incredible journey going from a cynical jerk in NYC to a cynical jerk in NYC with a podcast people actually enjoy. It means the world to all of us over at WHM Headquarters. Thanks guys.

I have a WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING story for the mailbag if you are interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlameSpacePod
Feb 24, 2015

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

I have a WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING story for the mailbag if you are interested.

Always. Mail it in.