Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

273423-X posted:

Mot is working for the betterment of Bolian-kind by learning everything that he can about hair. He will take this knowledge back to his homeworld so they can develop wig technology.

I always figured Mot had a weird fetish for hair because he can never have it, a bit like a male gynecologist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InvincibleMadHouse
Jan 19, 2009

by Ralp
how often do people suggest "more kid sex" as a possible improvement to the star trek franchise, ITT?

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
Considering the overlap between pedos and Trekkies, not much at all actually.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

I always figured Mot had a weird fetish for hair because he can never have it, a bit like a male gynecologist.

I admit it.

I am a man and I have a fetish for vaginas. I just for them sexy OK?

There I've admitted it.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Kitchner posted:

I admit it.

I am a man and I have a fetish for vaginas. I just for them sexy OK?

There I've admitted it.

hope this sicko gets banned. can we get a moderator in here??

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Kitchner posted:

3) what the gently caress do the barbers get out of this? Being in the enterprise is super dangerous. You never get to go on away parties or even do anything interesting, and there weren't even windows in the barber shop so you knew it was in space.

They never explain how the economy in the Federation works. We know they don't use money, and there are still undesirable jobs, but that's all we know. Why would anybody ever take an undesirable job if they have no reason to do so? Why can't a robot or a laser unclog Worf's massive shits? How are resources allocated? What's stopping me from ordering 10,000 cubic kilometers of manure?

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
barbers get all the best gossip

they're probably all romulan spies

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Yaos posted:

They never explain how the economy in the Federation works. We know they don't use money, and there are still undesirable jobs, but that's all we know. Why would anybody ever take an undesirable job if they have no reason to do so? Why can't a robot or a laser unclog Worf's massive shits? How are resources allocated? What's stopping me from ordering 10,000 cubic kilometers of manure?

Section 31 uses mind control drugs to make the entire human population really boring, compliant unadventurous people who have no desire for luxury beyond basic comforts.

Lord Hawking
Aug 8, 2002

SHUT UP!
SHUT UP!
SHUT UP!!!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

barbers get all the best gossip

they're probably all romulan spies

The perfect cover! No one would suspect they're Romulan because Romulans only know one hairstyle.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Yaos posted:

I'm pretty sure the economy is based on self sealing stembolts

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Yaos posted:

Chief O'Brien this is the Captain.

The Captain?! Anything you need sir I'm right here to telephone you wherever I need to go.

Uhh no Chief. Worf has done a huge Klingon poo poo that is affected by the fact Klingon only eat raw meat and it's stinking up deck 6. Teleport it into space would you?

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Proof that is what they do: there's three loving barbers on enterprise and zero plumbers.

Their poo poo automatically probably gets teleported into the nearest sun.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Best thing about TNG is that no matter how dire a security situation is, Worf never goes faster than a leisurely stroll.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
If people kept saying no to my sensible ideas all the time I wouldn't rush either.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

oldpainless posted:

Was there an enterprise episode called Hoshis Island? Cuz if not there should have been.

I think in the mirror universe ep she becomes the empress of earth and wears a crop top if that helps

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

oldpainless posted:

Best thing about TNG is that no matter how dire a security situation is, Worf never goes faster than a leisurely stroll.

"We've got 90 seconds until a warp core breach, Mr Data/Worf/LaForge get down there and see what you can do"
*casual walk to turbolift, possible with a Riker Maneuver shirt adjust mid stroll*

That makes it all that much more intense when we actually see someone walk quickly, let alone jog, let alone full on sprint.

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

Kitchner posted:

Proof that is what they do: there's three loving barbers on enterprise and zero plumbers.

Their poo poo automatically probably gets teleported into the nearest sun.

In Enterprise Trip tells a bunch of grade school kids that on the ship they recycle their poop. Nothing is wasted and everything is put to good use. Chakotay nods sagely.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Tyson Tomko posted:

"We've got 90 seconds until a warp core breach, Mr Data/Worf/LaForge get down there and see what you can do"
*casual walk to turbolift, possible with a Riker Maneuver shirt adjust mid stroll*

That makes it all that much more intense when we actually see someone walk quickly, let alone jog, let alone full on sprint.

Whoa, whoa... sprint? Save that poo poo for the movie.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Mr. Horrible posted:

In Enterprise Trip tells a bunch of grade school kids that on the ship they recycle their poop. Nothing is wasted and everything is put to good use. Chakotay nods sagely.

Straight from Worf's toilet to Troi's chocolate sundae

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Lord of Pie posted:

Straight from Worf's toilet to Troi's chocolate sundae

Their romance makes sense now

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I broadcast a movie edit of Star Trek Klingon, the old FMV game, in a synch tube channel

It was all shot on the soundstages and had a TNG writer, it was also directed by Riker (lol)

It stars Gowron and he yells at you in Klingon for a while, then you get to fly all over the galaxy on a murder mystery/conspiracy, rough up bartenders, outsmart Pakleds, cameo appearance by JG Hertzler, it owns harder than any Star Trek FMV game is allowed to

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 6, 2015

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Luigi Thirty posted:

I broadcast a movie edit of Star Trek Klingon, the old FMV game, in a synch tube channel

It was all shot on the soundstages and had a TNG writer, it was also directed by Riker (lol)

It stars Martok and he yells at you in Klingon for a while, then you get to fly all over the galaxy on a murder mystery/conspiracy, rough up bartenders, outsmart Pakleds, cameo appearance by JG Hertzler, it owns harder than any Star Trek FMV game is allowed to

Is that the one that has Gowron glaring at you with his crazy :gowron: eyes and yelling at you to EXPERIENCE BIJ ?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Wait, no, that was the TV board game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3N91VDtWL0

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Entropic posted:

Is that the one that has Gowron glaring at you with his crazy :gowron: eyes and yelling at you to EXPERIENCE BIJ ?

That's the extremely cool VHS game you're thinking of

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Over the weekend they showed that ep where possessed Troi breaks Worf's wrist and I figured that's where he originally got turned on by her because that's basically entry level Klingon flirtation.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Lord of Pie posted:

Over the weekend they showed that ep where possessed Troi breaks Worf's wrist and I figured that's where he originally got turned on by her because that's basically entry level Klingon flirtation.

Remember when Worf and Dax showed up at the infirmary because they broke too many bones boning and Bashir is like god dammit guys

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

3:02 best part

Entropic fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 6, 2015

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Entropic posted:

Er, it stars Gowron and he makes crazy eyes all game at you, not Martok

I don't know how fun of a game it was (it was a "cultural immersion holodeck program for federation diplomats" that was basically a choose your own adventure game based on your knowledge of Klingon culture and language) but it was an entertaining watch since all the Klingon actors were in full ham mode

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
If a transporter is an atomizer which materializes a clone with all your memories, how are the memories stored? And why isn't there constant brainwashing?

Kitchner posted:

Also I reckon at least 80% of the Voyager crew shared Tom Paris' top secret Janeway programme and every time they were pissed off by her they would use the programme and have super angry BDSM sex with her.

It's the only way they kept poo poo under control on the ship. Literally everyone knew about it apart from Janeway. Even Tuvok had a go.

The what now?

Tricky D posted:

Starfleet is a federation jobs program for everybody, barbers included.

Some people have an innate need for chaos that is incompatible with just chilling planetside, smoking weed, and having a good life with your friends and family. These are the people who volunteer to zoom around space getting mind raped by energy being on a weekly basis.

Lol if you think that the societal impetus for drug use is still around. No need to escape becasue there is no pressure, outside of being in Starfleet.

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Lol if you think that the societal impetus for drug use is still around. No need to escape becasue there is no pressure, outside of being in Starfleet.

Lol if you think that everyone uses drugs to escape. I mean have you even smoked a weed?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Entropic posted:

3:02 best part

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

This never ceases to delight me.

Perhaps someday I'll get to experience bij.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

If a transporter is an atomizer which materializes a clone with all your memories, how are the memories stored? And why isn't there constant brainwashing?

The what now?

Tell that to surly, brother Picard and his 24th century winery.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Tricky D posted:

Tell that to surly, brother Picard and his 24th century winery.

You mean the Luddite who paid for his ignorance by roasting alive along with those he held most dear

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Spakstik posted:

You mean the Luddite who paid for his ignorance by roasting alive along with those he held most dear

Yeah, him and everyone who violates federation customs laws to enjoy a little romulan ale.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Yaos posted:

Communism

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
If Data can have sex does that mean he can poop and pee?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

He's "fully functional"

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Hector Beerlioz posted:

If Data can have sex does that mean he can poop and pee?
Data, in his quest to become more like the humans around him, does NOT poop or pee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Tricky D posted:

Data, in his quest to become more like the humans around him, does NOT poop or pee.

lol

i dont mind if you guys spolier me but does odo ever get to bang kira. i just watched an ep in season 4 in which he like gives up hope of ever bangin her and it bummed me out.

edit
mirror universes count too

Hackers film 1995 fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 7, 2015

• Locked thread