Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Real talk, with 3.5 days gone and the vast majority of the game at 5 or less posts (1, at least, would have been prior to game start), you can say the majority of this game is lurking. There's one person with double digit posts and a only a second that is ahead of mod in post count. Holiday weekend and all so you can give or not give as much leeway with that as you want, but we've all contributed to how slow this game has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I'm willing to post all day. I'm willing to post anything and everything. I'm willing to post to the ends of the earth.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

BottleKnight posted:

I'd be fine with voting out lurkers tbh. It's been a very uneventful d1 and people who come in and say 'just kidding guys I'm just SO busy' aren't gonna cut it IMO.

Please give it time, I'm out of town visiting family. I'll be back home this afternoon, but it's just been a busy extended weekend, at least for me.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Please give it time, I'm out of town visiting family. I'll be back home this afternoon, but it's just been a busy extended weekend, at least for me.

Give what time? Deadline's today. Are you saying just give you time?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

BottleKnight posted:

Give what time? Deadline's today. Are you saying just give you time?

Yes and no, I'm sure other lurkers will spill in. I will be here before and at deadline.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
I'm around today - I read the thread yesterday and there's no content yet - like all of it was jokes and nothing felt scummy, forced, or edited so I just kinda left the tab. Sadly with 3.5 days played so much of that was holidays and as I was just discussing with a friend a single holiday tends to tank productivity on either side of it, not that work trends should have bearing on a game like this.

@BK: Of all the players in this game do any have a known meta for lurking as scum day one?

@GG Same question BK posed: are you asking to be ignored until day 2 or will you be back sometime before the deadline this evening?

@Epsilon Which of those two would be more likely lurking scum? If that question isn't helpful which player will be less likely to post a storm on day 2?

@Everyone What questions would you have for me?

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Yes and no, I'm sure other lurkers will spill in. I will be here before and at deadline.

This is why I should learn to preview posts before submitting I suppose. Thanks GG, this means we shouldn't vote you to spur you to posting as you'll be back later today before deadline. Which also brings up the other thing I forgot to do:

##Vote AnonymousNarcotics

Get in here and post!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kleedrac posted:

I'm around today - I read the thread yesterday and there's no content yet - like all of it was jokes and nothing felt scummy, forced, or edited so I just kinda left the tab. Sadly with 3.5 days played so much of that was holidays and as I was just discussing with a friend a single holiday tends to tank productivity on either side of it, not that work trends should have bearing on a game like this.

@BK: Of all the players in this game do any have a known meta for lurking as scum day one?

@GG Same question BK posed: are you asking to be ignored until day 2 or will you be back sometime before the deadline this evening?

@Epsilon Which of those two would be more likely lurking scum? If that question isn't helpful which player will be less likely to post a storm on day 2?

@Everyone What questions would you have for me?

I will be here and voting before deadline for sure.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kleedrac posted:

This is why I should learn to preview posts before submitting I suppose. Thanks GG, this means we shouldn't vote you to spur you to posting as you'll be back later today before deadline. Which also brings up the other thing I forgot to do:

##Vote AnonymousNarcotics

Get in here and post!

Was there a particular reason for AN over Amni?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

I don't make meta arguments, but do I think it's likely that there are scum lurkers in this very game? Yes! But if we're able to create some damned content in this game today then I hopefully won't be voting for a lurker!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

lol klee

"Do you really think there are scum lurkers d1?"

*votes lurker d1*

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

BottleKnight posted:

lol klee

"Do you really think there are scum lurkers d1?"

*votes lurker d1*

Kleedrac isn't super rational imo

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I am here as well. Have a final interview with Waffle House today! If they put me up full time, I can get my new job and put in my two weeks for my old job at the same time.

I'm okay with a lurker lynch. Otherwise we're basically just stabbing randomly anyways.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poison Mushroom posted:

I am here as well. Have a final interview with Waffle House today! If they put me up full time, I can get my new job and put in my two weeks for my old job at the same time.

I'm okay with a lurker lynch. Otherwise we're basically just stabbing randomly anyways.

Congratulations! I just accepted an offer with a new better job and I start in three weeks. Hopefully things go similarly well for you!

----

I'm always down for a lurker lynch and that is the way I will lean as we approach deadline if I don't see some bad content to go after. We'll see.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
So I've been distracted with a lot of world of warships, and I haven't been paying attention. I'm assuming nothing's actually happened yet?

Lynching a lurker sounds... ok, I guess. At least, that's what the MAFIA WOULD WANT as its an easy kill!

##Vote: Kleedrac

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Back with Internet now. I would normally be a proponent of a lurker lynch but holiday weekends make lurking much more likely and I don't know which lurker to pick. Yes I and AN have less posts than others but with a large number in single digit post count the distinction is really moot.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

I was so looking forward to your creative writing, but instead I have received coal.

That said. KingB do you have anything on this coal thing?

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

chaoslord posted:

Was there a particular reason for AN over Amni?

Not really - I think I picked on Amni last game I was in with him so I went the other way - if AN starts posting I'll move to Amni to get him to post.

BottleKnight posted:

I don't make meta arguments, but do I think it's likely that there are scum lurkers in this very game? Yes! But if we're able to create some damned content in this game today then I hopefully won't be voting for a lurker!

I'd love to see content instead - lynching a lurker puts day 2 into the same sad state as day 1 - but if we are going to lose someone at least removing a player who isn't' posting is preferable to losing someone generating content.

Look Under The Rock posted:

Kleedrac isn't super rational imo

Pretty quick to jump on the personal attacks LutR

Hazdoc posted:

So I've been distracted with a lot of world of warships, and I haven't been paying attention. I'm assuming nothing's actually happened yet?

Lynching a lurker sounds... ok, I guess. At least, that's what the MAFIA WOULD WANT as its an easy kill!

Not really no, lurkers may be an easy case at times but I've clearly said I'm voting to prod lurkers - I'd prefer we get an actual case going to day but with the timeframe given I'm not sure if we'll make that. Lynch me if you must - at least you'll get some intel for day 2 :v:

Welcome back Amnistar - I made the right choice apparently in who to prod

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Amnistar posted:

That said. KingB do you have anything on this coal thing?

You are going to have to be much more clear about what you are asking. Unless you really haven't heard of lumps of coal at Christmas.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hi I'm here don't everybody poo poo your pants about me lurking.
There was literally nothing going on in this thread and I just woke up.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Poison Mushroom posted:

I have an interview today too. Good luck!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

King Burgundy posted:

You are going to have to be much more clear about what you are asking. Unless you really haven't heard of lumps of coal at Christmas.

It kind of sounded like you actually in game received coal as an item. I had thought that too.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

It kind of sounded like you actually in game received coal as an item. I had thought that too.

Ah no. I was saying Mac's response was like a lump of coal.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Hi I'm here don't everybody poo poo your pants about me lurking.
There was literally nothing going on in this thread and I just woke up.

Welcome back to the thread AN
##Unvote

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Turns out that WASN'T my last interview, just one in general. This is going to be number three.

###vote Waffle House

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Good luck PMush I'm rooting for you!

Met how did your interview go?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

Oh it was a joke. I was asking because I got a toy during night 0.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Kleedrac posted:

Pretty quick to jump on the personal attacks LutR

I mean if you want to see it that way that's your business, that was legit a defense of you based on the fact that in pretty much every game I've played with you I've had to scratch my head over a weird subjective logic that you use to come to your decisions.

Irrationality is not a criticism; I'm irrational as hell, it's just strange to me that you try to couch it in this weird roundabout logic sometimes and it's basically made your irrationality/lack of logic a null tell where before I was reading you as scum every game and couldn't figure out why.

I'm not calling you stupid or awful, just making an observation. I'd rather have an irrational person who makes a lot of cases (as you do) on my side in a game than a lurker or a shitposter.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm replacing out soon so I don't really know who to vote.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Look Under The Rock posted:

I mean if you want to see it that way that's your business, that was legit a defense of you based on the fact that in pretty much every game I've played with you I've had to scratch my head over a weird subjective logic that you use to come to your decisions.

Irrationality is not a criticism; I'm irrational as hell, it's just strange to me that you try to couch it in this weird roundabout logic sometimes and it's basically made your irrationality/lack of logic a null tell where before I was reading you as scum every game and couldn't figure out why.

I'm not calling you stupid or awful, just making an observation. I'd rather have an irrational person who makes a lot of cases (as you do) on my side in a game than a lurker or a shitposter.

I think I may have taken that more personally than it was intended - sorry LutR.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Man I hate to always have a hardon for GG but this is such an unwarranted worry post. There's clearly nothing going on because of the holiday, and there are so many questionable lurker callout posts, but this is way worse. Why are you so concerned about people waiting for you? Did anyone even mention your name up until that point?

It's disguised as "well, people have been busy, look at how i've been busy!" when really it's "i'm coming hold on don't cuddle me." All you needed to say was "It's a holiday, calm down." Why all the other "please don't cuddle me" crap?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
LutR/Kleedrac feel kinda weird. I'm probably missing deadline due to Work Cares so

##vote Kleedrac sorry if town not sorry if scum

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidnose posted:

Man I hate to always have a hardon for GG but this is such an unwarranted worry post. There's clearly nothing going on because of the holiday, and there are so many questionable lurker callout posts, but this is way worse. Why are you so concerned about people waiting for you? Did anyone even mention your name up until that point?

It's disguised as "well, people have been busy, look at how i've been busy!" when really it's "i'm coming hold on don't cuddle me." All you needed to say was "It's a holiday, calm down." Why all the other "please don't cuddle me" crap?

Don't bully me quid, you're breaking my heart lol. Anyhow just got back in town, bad rear end cases incoming.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I'm here, and will be here for the rest of today.

Unfortunately, I don't really have much to add. Very little has gone on so far, and nothing really stands out to me.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Met how did your interview go?

I got the job. It's nothing to brag about. Seems like the interview was just to make sure I had a pulse.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Epsilon Plus has been pretty scummy so far. First a jokey scum claim, then a lurker call out, then a bandwagon vote.

##vote eplus

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hazdoc posted:

Unless the scum are lurkers, which is pretty often the case.

This is a self-defense vote from a scum lurker, isn't it? :)

##vote Hazdoc

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

Unless the scum are lurkers, which is pretty often the case.

This is a self-defense vote from a scum lurker, isn't it? :)

##vote Hazdoc

I agree with this.

##vote hazdoc

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Poison Mushroom posted:

Coal keeps your house warm, though.

And burns scum.

An arsonist pantomiming the towns best interests? Unlikely. Probably a joke post, but it does come across somewhat suspicious.

Epsilon Plus posted:

PM is an arsonist that fills everyone's stockings* with coal

nice slip 3Plord

##vote Poison Mushroom

*(the stockings are being worn, DUH)

Seems like a joke vote on a joke post.

Mithross posted:

That wasn't helpful! I hope you end up on the naughty list.

Side note, I really hope the Santa in this game is a 3p serial killer a la Futurama. That would be awesome.

Mildly suspicious post, but I find the Hazdoc reaction post, which in its own right may be a joke, more suspicious.

Hazdoc posted:

So you're scum AND a serial killer at the same time?

What a setup.

This post pinged me as strange from when I first read it. There might be a meta element I don't understand, but it seems like a weird response to Mithross's robosanta wish.

Mithross posted:

Fair warning, tomorrow is my birthday, the 4th of July, and I got called into work 3 hours early. Do not expect me to be around.

Hope you had a decent birthday in spite of having to work.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I kind of agree with P Mush is saying here about the lurker lynch but given his "joke" post which breadcrumbs arsonist, I viewed it under a lens of pseudo-suspicion. 3P would have most to gain from a rando lynch. I don't know if his joke post warrants legitimate suspicion though. Same as anyone else I've called out.

---

I feel most strangely about Hazdoc at the moment, but at the same time there is limited information to go on. For the sake of a no-lynch, I place my vote on Hazdoc.

##vote Hazdoc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Someone is going to make the third vote scum vote post or whatever, let me nip that in the bud, I was typing up the post before I saw BK vote.

• Locked thread