Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

adrenaline_junket posted:

You'd think so, but then again a Sydney council didn't notice 50,000 litres of water going missing per month. For 18+ months. It was only uncovered when someone went to sink some house foundations and there was treated water coming in through the subterranean rock shelf.

Could you link to some news about it? It sounds hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Croatoan posted:

Maybe it's all real and we're the delusion? :tinfoil:

We're quite literally the delusion, he has willed our reality into existence.

adrenaline_junket posted:

You'd think so, but then again a Sydney council didn't notice 50,000 litres of water going missing per month. For 18+ months. It was only uncovered when someone went to sink some house foundations and there was treated water coming in through the subterranean rock shelf.

:lol: 50 000 litres is nothing for even a smaller city. Barely even a drop in the proverbial bucket, if even that.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jul 5, 2015

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
thats like $100,000 worth of water. Somewhere close to a million litres of treated water

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jul 5, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

thats like $100,000 worth of water. Somewhere close to a million litres of treated water

Sydney pumps out over a billion of litres of treated water per day.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm aware of that. I'm not saying it's a lot in the scheme of things, but it's a fair water leak to go unnoticed.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
Sydney Water services an area larger than some small countries and a couple of US states, 1.4 billion litres of potable (drinking) water get used every day - and around 100 million of that is lost via leaks. Back when I worked on a leak reduction program for them just before the drought ended, we used to measure success in Olympic Swimming Pools - as in, we'd say this that or the other would save 20 Olympic Swimming Pools of water every day.

A million litres isn't even half an Olympic Swimming Pool.

50K is nothing.

I wouldn't get out of bed for 50K... unless it's a wastewater leak, those are fun.

EDIT: and the idea that a Sydney Council failed to notice a leak like that doesn't surprise me in the slightest, most are useless and/or huge behemoths.

Rougey fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jul 5, 2015

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ok fine, h2O it all

adrenaline_junket
May 29, 2005
gotta get a rush!

Lichtenstein posted:

Could you link to some news about it? It sounds hilarious.

The true hilarity was where the couple that discovered the issue installed a whole bunch of expensive measures to divert the flow (retaining walls, bilge pumps, tapping a channel into the storm water system), rather than get a hydro-engineer out there to work out what it was. It cost them over $150k and still no avail. They ended up trying to pursue court action.

It was featured in Season 1, Episode 4 of Grand Designs Australia.

Zooey Dave Chapelle
Oct 27, 2013
Love this show so far. Love, love, love it. But if it turns out to have like a Fight Club type of ending and Elliot turns out to actually be Mr Robot I swear I will forget about it faster than I forgot about True Detective.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Popping in to bookmark the thread and say I'm really liking the show. It's way, way better than it sounds on paper.

And given we're getting 10 episodes this year and 10 more in season 2, I can't see them stretching out a Durdening for that long. At least not successfully :ohdear:

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

This show has such excellent casting I can't believe some of the "but how are they stealing power" :spergin:s in this thread aren't cast members.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

pricklypie posted:

Love this show so far. Love, love, love it. But if it turns out to have like a Fight Club type of ending and Elliot turns out to actually be Mr Robot I swear I will forget about it faster than I forgot about True Detective.

I will be really surprised if Elliot wasn't Fight Clubbing at least a single character by the end.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
You know how they're going to reveal it. Someone's going to be talking to Elliot and be like, "Hey, I found this old picture. It's your dad, right?"

Cut to a pic of Slater.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Personally, I'm hoping for a Reverse Fight Club. Robot and fsociety know about Elliot's mental illness and they're conspiring to gaslight him into thinking he's losing it for real. Why? Who knows? Maybe they want him to take the fall for them after it's all said and done. If a bunch of people get hurt by fsociety, and Elliot thinks he is the entirety of fsociety, Elliot, being the weirdly moral person that he is, will probably turn himself in. It might not get them completely in the clear, but it'd probably buy them enough time to disappear and cover their tracks.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Spergatory posted:

Personally, I'm hoping for a Reverse Fight Club. Robot and fsociety know about Elliot's mental illness and they're conspiring to gaslight him into thinking he's losing it for real. Why? Who knows? Maybe they want him to take the fall for them after it's all said and done. If a bunch of people get hurt by fsociety, and Elliot thinks he is the entirety of fsociety, Elliot, being the weirdly moral person that he is, will probably turn himself in. It might not get them completely in the clear, but it'd probably buy them enough time to disappear and cover their tracks.

What if Mr. Robot turns out to be an actual robot?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Spergatory posted:

Personally, I'm hoping for a Reverse Fight Club. Robot and fsociety know about Elliot's mental illness and they're conspiring to gaslight him into thinking he's losing it for real.

This would be an actual good twist. While most people could see it coming that they're not the good guys they paint themselves as, I'd also like to see them turn out to be an actual government honeypot, looking for people like Elliot who are probably involved in non-sanctioned fsociety-like behavior.

If the rabbithole doesn't go very deep, I will be dissapointed as hell.

Above Our Own
Jun 24, 2009

by Shine
I liked seeing that Mr Robot/f society have a darker, more violent side. For a main network show characterization has been pretty good.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

qbert posted:

You know how they're going to reveal it. Someone's going to be talking to Elliot and be like, "Hey, I found this old picture. It's your dad, right?"

Cut to a pic of Slater.

This is pretty plausible.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

And then his mom shows up and it's Slater in a wig.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Spergatory posted:

RE: Mr. Robot's Relative Reality - there's a spoiler video floating around that shows :siren:POSSIBLE FINALE SPOILERS:siren:

EDIT: and since spoiler tags are just TOO MUCH TEMPTATION for some weak willed babies, you can look it up yourself if you want to see what's in it.

I couldn't find it, can you tell me the search terms?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

qbert posted:

Cut to a pic of Slater.

Then, for the first time, cut to a non Eliot perspective; Slater himself standing in front of a mirror, getting dressed to meet Eliot, with the same old photo sitting in front of him but it's some random dude instead.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Pretty sure Mr. Robot is a video game and we are just watching some goonlords fantasy.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

People are being babies

My roommate was an extra late last week during shooting of the finale and stood right next to Slater as he gave the big season wrap up monologue.

I've been told not to get too wrapped up in the show.

magiccarpet fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jul 6, 2015

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
You might want to edit or just delete that post.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Why should it be deleted? Not everybody detests spoilers.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

It should be marked as a spoiler, because it is one.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
I just read it as a "my uncle who works for Nintendo said" post and no harm done.

I'll be hugely surprised if they can keep the audience satisfied for an entire season as this seems like it'd be way tighter and less risky as a short run like Luther or Sherlock.

Right now they're on a path where they'll have to bring on the mom from Burn Notice to take care of hot, but abused, drug dealer by next season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Personally I think maybe people should not talk about the season finale when a whole 2 episodes have aired.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If you want to spoil things do it in GBS. Not in the actual show thread.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

The point of my post was a suggestion to manage expectations. Everybody got hyped on True Detective, Lost, etc to only be let down by what the story actually is, and not what the internet extrapolates it to be.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Thanks dude! Expectations managed.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

magiccarpet posted:

The point of my post was a suggestion to manage expectations. Everybody got hyped on True Detective, Lost, etc to only be let down by what the story actually is, and not what the internet extrapolates it to be.

Hinting at future events from a credible source is also called spoiling the ending, dude. The point of this thread is to theorize and discuss the show, not to bring us down by telling us what your Nintendo uncle told you happens.

Do people go into the GoT thread(s) and warn other people about character deaths?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Hinting at future events from a credible source is also called spoiling the ending, dude. The point of this thread is to theorize and discuss the show, not to bring us down by telling us what your Nintendo uncle told you happens.

Do people go into the GoT thread(s) and warn other people about character deaths?

Enjoy your television program, dude.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Dollops of sweat bead Elliott's face, he's nervous but also shows the greedy anticipation of the well laid-out loving he's about to receive.

Elliott: Hopefully you've got more metal down there too
Mr Robot: Don't you know it baby, now shut up and take it

Mr Robot grabs the nearest filthy cloth he can find and with disdain and disgust on his face at his addict son'd wanton lust, he stuffs it in Elliot's mouth.

That was part of the finale script from a friend of mine who's an extra on the show, he didn't want to get fired. He said all of your expectations will be met.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Scene from tomorrow night's episode: as hinted at by the previous episode, Tyrell Wellick is a loving weirdo.

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.
i like that shayla is his emergency contact and not his childhood friend

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
hahahaha, holy poo poo. "That's it, fsociety is over. Time to turn up the color saturation and show blue skies. This is now a normal USA show. Tricked you, fuckers!"

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.
what the gently caress is going on

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cross promotion! There were posters for this movie in the background of the previous scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Does their boss live in a sex dungeon?

• Locked thread