Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Quidnose posted:

I still don't understand why you dropped a vote on AN over literally anyone else who wasn't around. Can you explain why you specifically called him out? You literally do not mention him at all before you drop a vote on him. Why him?

I was trying to vote-prod? The two lowest content posters in the game were AN and Amnistar - it was a toss of a coin to be honest I remembered being harsh on Amni in ST;TNG and figured I'd go the other way and why are you still on this?! I was calling out lurkers and unless you have some knowledge I don't about alignment I picked one at random so what does it matter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Kleedrac posted:

Perhaps I'm a bit :tinfoilhat: about this but seriously it reads like scum distancing themselves - your vote on me was now a joke? or a gambit? Causing discussion isn't the same thing as generating content. If I were to scumclaim right now as a gambit It would generate a lot of discussion (and a lot of votes on me) but all of that wouldn't be content as the lie makes it all useless! And now your "serious" vote is on GG in what sure looks like an OMGUS.

I agree with this. And I will be keeping my vote on haz for now.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Kleedrac posted:

I was trying to vote-prod? The two lowest content posters in the game were AN and Amnistar - it was a toss of a coin to be honest I remembered being harsh on Amni in ST;TNG and figured I'd go the other way and why are you still on this?! I was calling out lurkers and unless you have some knowledge I don't about alignment I picked one at random so what does it matter?

Because you literally never say that is what you are doing. Your vote comes out of absolutely nowhere.

Kleedrac posted:

I'm around today - I read the thread yesterday and there's no content yet - like all of it was jokes and nothing felt scummy, forced, or edited so I just kinda left the tab. Sadly with 3.5 days played so much of that was holidays and as I was just discussing with a friend a single holiday tends to tank productivity on either side of it, not that work trends should have bearing on a game like this.

@BK: Of all the players in this game do any have a known meta for lurking as scum day one?

@GG Same question BK posed: are you asking to be ignored until day 2 or will you be back sometime before the deadline this evening?

@Epsilon Which of those two would be more likely lurking scum? If that question isn't helpful which player will be less likely to post a storm on day 2?

@Everyone What questions would you have for me?

Kleedrac posted:

This is why I should learn to preview posts before submitting I suppose. Thanks GG, this means we shouldn't vote you to spur you to posting as you'll be back later today before deadline. Which also brings up the other thing I forgot to do:

##Vote AnonymousNarcotics

Get in here and post!

Your thought process is not clear at all, yo.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidnose posted:

To answer His Holiness, Quidnose:

You're super concerned here that people will vote you as a lurker when you have no heat on yourself. Why?
Concerned for people rushing a vote this morning and voting any rando lurker when people would spill in later to post like they have.

Once again you REALLY want people to know that you are going to contribute.
I responded to BK's question. Read.

...and you repeat that statement.
To reiterate for Kleedrac who also asked a question. Again, read.

And finally here you're concerned enough that you're going to look bad for this vote that you make sure to nip in the bud anyone potentially calling you scum. That's weird. I've not seen you do this before. Why?
Who cares what you've seen me do before. I see people do that bullshit thirdvote scumvote nonsense, and I'd rather not have someone :ironicat: with an idiotic reason.

Anything else, grand inquisitor Quidnose, oh detective of all the high heavens, most righteous and duly appointed investigator of them all?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

BottleKnight posted:

I agree with this. And I will be keeping my vote on haz for now.

I'm glad you can have somebody else figure out why you're voting a quick bandwagon for you. :rolleyes:

Kleedrac posted:

Perhaps I'm a bit :tinfoilhat: about this but seriously it reads like scum distancing themselves - your vote on me was now a joke? or a gambit? Causing discussion isn't the same thing as generating content. If I were to scumclaim right now as a gambit It would generate a lot of discussion (and a lot of votes on me) but all of that wouldn't be content as the lie makes it all useless! And now your "serious" vote is on GG in what sure looks like an OMGUS.

Its not OMGUS, I'm pretty sure I gave my reason in my post, and you somehow seem to have missed it. A bandwagoner who bandwagoned and their "reason" isn't even a reason. But yeah, lets just throw a term out there to make the case look better, since its shabby even by your own admission:

Kleedrac posted:

3) Hazdoc is the current leader and we've got 3 hours left :P

Also, when you said

quote:

1) Hazdoc has one serious post in the game in its entirety
What post are you referring to? My vote on you?

Also, I said my vote was MOSTLY a joke. The logic was clearly faulty, and could only be latched on to by lazy mafia or a supremely dumb townie. If you want to hang me for that, go right ahead. But you'd be dead wrong for it.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
I'm also curious as to how my joke posts are somehow worse than the loving wafflechat that was going on.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Definitely don't like GG's highly antagonistic tone. Also different from his frustration when I was scum. Seems way more forced.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidnose posted:

Definitely don't like GG's highly antagonistic tone. Also different from his frustration when I was scum. Seems way more forced.

Or maybe I just don't want a rehash of that and I'm going to ignore all posts of yours that I find completely irrelevant to solving this game because of your obsession.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Can you explain why you're voting for me, GG?

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Hazdoc posted:

What post are you referring to? My vote on you?

Also, I said my vote was MOSTLY a joke. The logic was clearly faulty, and could only be latched on to by lazy mafia or a supremely dumb townie. If you want to hang me for that, go right ahead. But you'd be dead wrong for it.

You yourself claimed your vote on me was a joke and your vote on gg was the first serious vote.

Your vote on gg makes more sense as an omgus than you didn't like his response to your early joke or speculation or whatever that was.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hazdoc posted:

You've got to be kidding me. Mafia can't be an SK, and vice versa. But you know, I'm an easy bandwagon, so let's just vote the guy who got a bunch of random votes on them. You're either bad or evil, and I'll bank on the latter.

##Vote: Ghastly Gangsta

I didn't think Mafia could both be SK and Scum, I found your original comment strange even among the jokes, and I went with my gut read on you for today. I had been typing up my post before I saw your other votes. I admitted it may not be a great case, but I found your comment to be artificial in comparison to other posts.

I'm willing to change onto Quidnose, but I also don't want to continue a slap fight with him.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I'm willing to change onto Quidnose, but I also don't want to continue a slap fight with him.

Okay, no, this is ridiculous. If you think someone is scum you vote them. You clearly only vote people you're frustrated with, and then make up reasons for it later. You just did this in funfia.

I think you're being very scummy in this game and this totally blows it over the top.

##vote GG

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Kleedrac posted:

You yourself claimed your vote on me was a joke and your vote on gg was the first serious vote.

Yup. And? Which post of mine did you think was the only serious one? Note that I said my GG vote was the only serious one AFTER you made your "list of reasons I'm making a bad vote I don't even have confidence in", so I had to have made at least one serious post before that time, at least according to you.

quote:

Your vote on gg makes more sense as an omgus than you didn't like his response to your early joke or speculation or whatever that was.
Oh, even though I gave my reasoning for my vote? I'm a townie, so people who voted for me are making a bad decision. However, they could just be townies too, so I look at their vote reasoning, and GG's was bandwagony with him calling my joke about a mafia SK part of his reason (at the time). Hence, I voted him. Your reason is just as suspect, considering you've admitted to voting me due to the short deadline and my having votes being a factor in your decision. I may as well write off your vote as OMGUS at that rate, but I'm not trying to make flimsy poo poo stick.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

BottleKnight posted:

Okay, no, this is ridiculous. If you think someone is scum you vote them. You clearly only vote people you're frustrated with, and then make up reasons for it later. You just did this in funfia.

I think you're being very scummy in this game and this totally blows it over the top.

##vote GG

I would vote Quidnose because he did this as scum very recently. If you look again in funfia since you want to reference other active games in your case I voted Ernie. After initially casing him, he completely denies important aspects in that game and it's all irrelevant here. Just like my vote on him there.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also I did vote who I thought was scum or did you miss that in its entirety?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

You're right, I should not talk about active games. Strike that part.

What I am saying, though, is that you rely more on 'am frustrated with' than 'is scummy because' and in this game you are throwing shade onto people for bad reasons. That is why I am voting you.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Also I did vote who I thought was scum or did you miss that in its entirety?

Do you think me and Quidnose are a scum team?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hazdoc posted:

I'll honestly have to get back to you on that. Dealing with attacks from Quid and BK is blinding at the moment.

BottleKnight posted:

You're right, I should not talk about active games. Strike that part.

What I am saying, though, is that you rely more on 'am frustrated with' than 'is scummy because' and in this game you are throwing shade onto people for bad reasons. That is why I am voting you.

Did you miss my vote or not?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I'll honestly have to get back to you on that. Dealing with attacks from Quid and BK is blinding at the moment.

Did you miss my vote or not?

quote:

I feel most strangely about Hazdoc at the moment, but at the same time there is limited information to go on. For the sake of a no-lynch, I place my vote on Hazdoc.

##vote Hazdoc

I got your vote. You put shade on like 3 people and then voted him 'for sake of a no-lynch' though so because of it's intense vanilla-ness I disregarded it in my case.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hazdoc posted:

He does defend your vote on Kleedrac and then starts on Kleedrac pretty hard himself even though he called your vote dumb. It's possible.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

BottleKnight posted:

I got your vote. You put shade on like 3 people and then voted him 'for sake of a no-lynch' though so because of it's intense vanilla-ness I disregarded it in my case.

He's one of the people I put shade on. I called out what looked suspicious and commented on it and ultimately made a decision.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
MMM has replaced Little Mac.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
I really am liking all this discussion now. This is the point in time where calling out lurkers is appropriate, not before, just fyi. Amongst the posters, nobody seems to be giving me a scum feel enough for me to condemn them.

##Unvote

It'd leave a bad taste in my mouth to lynch somebody who'd been active at this point in the game. Killing off the people who are posting isn't fun, much less smart.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Also, MMM, what do you think of people's votes right now? Who do you think is scum?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

He does defend your vote on Kleedrac and then starts on Kleedrac pretty hard himself even though he called your vote dumb. It's possible.

This is completely false. I don't defend his vote at all, I said that as a joke vote, I don't find it scummily motivated. I start on Kleedrac becasue I find his content scummy, not because the vote was good. Those two things have nothing to do with each other.

##vote GG This doesn't look like your town play.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

We have 51 minutes, who is here?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hazdoc posted:

I really am liking all this discussion now. This is the point in time where calling out lurkers is appropriate, not before, just fyi. Amongst the posters, nobody seems to be giving me a scum feel enough for me to condemn them.

##Unvote

It'd leave a bad taste in my mouth to lynch somebody who'd been active at this point in the game. Killing off the people who are posting isn't fun, much less smart.

I don't like this post.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Someone is going to make the third vote scum vote post or whatever, let me nip that in the bud, I was typing up the post before I saw BK vote.

This is a bad bad post, you're defending yourself for a seriously inconsequential scum tell before anyone else has a chance to. It's really self conscious.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Quidnose posted:

I'm here, but you dont like my post. If it makes you feel better, sometimes I don't like my posts either.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidnose posted:

This is completely false. I don't defend his vote at all, I said that as a joke vote, I don't find it scummily motivated. I start on Kleedrac becasue I find his content scummy, not because the vote was good. Those two things have nothing to do with each other.

##vote GG This doesn't look like your town play.

That's my point. You call his vote dumb and then start on Klee yourself. Say you're correct and your not defending his vote, you still try to give him town credibility while targeting who he voted, dismissing his vote. It's a strange thing to do.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Look Under The Rock posted:

This is a bad bad post, you're defending yourself for a seriously inconsequential scum tell before anyone else has a chance to. It's really self conscious.

Jump in line, you're after BK in the jump on GG ride.

:rolleyes:

I'm here.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Hazdoc posted:

Also, MMM, what do you think of people's votes right now? Who do you think is scum?

What the hell hazdoc, "hey person who's been in the game for like ten minutes, tell me who's scum!"

That is a hosed up distraction tactic and I am inclined to vote for you in like two minutes when I get off mobile and can check votefinder

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

I'm back for a bit at least.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

That's my point. You call his vote dumb and then start on Klee yourself. Say you're correct and your not defending his vote, you still try to give him town credibility while targeting who he voted, dismissing his vote. It's a strange thing to do.

You don't seem to be understanding me and I'm not sure why.

KB says here that he thinks Haz's jokevote is scummy enough to vote him. BottleKnight agrees and votes Haz as well. So of course, in my reread, I took a look at that vote. I said I thought it was a stupid vote but that I didn't find it a scummy vote. That has nothing to do with Kleedrac; it has everything to do with me not finding Haz scummy for voting Kleedrac.

My analysis of Kleedrac's content is completely separate from Haz voting him and I don't know why you are insisting on tying the two together to make your point and discredit me. Can you explain why you think the two are related?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

What the hell hazdoc, "hey person who's been in the game for like ten minutes, tell me who's scum!"

That is a hosed up distraction tactic and I am inclined to vote for you in like two minutes when I get off mobile and can check votefinder

hahaha, I hadn't thought of that, but it is indeed pretty hosed up. How on earth would he have an opinion yet unless he was for some reason already reading the game.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

For LutR and posterity:

Votecount for Day 1

Hazdoc (2): Ghastly Gangsta, Kleedrac
Epsilon Plus (2): Look Under The Rock, AnonymousNarcotics
Ghastly Gangsta (2): BottleKnight, Quidnose
Kleedrac (2): chaoslord, Epsilon Plus

Not Voting (7): Amnistar, bowmore, Hazdoc, King Burgundy, Mithross, MMM Whatchya Say, Poison Mushroom

With 15 participants, it's 8 votes to send a player on a summer vacation. The current deadline is July 06th, 2015 at 8 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 45 minutes.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I am here. Nobody agreed with my case on eplus?

I don't think gg is acting particularly scummy. I tend to get really frustrated when I'm town and people are calling everything I do scummy so I can see his point of view.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I don't think gg is acting particularly scummy. I tend to get really frustrated when I'm town and people are calling everything I do scummy so I can see his point of view.

I agree that Eplus could be scum, but it was specifically this post I had a problem with:

Epsilon Plus posted:

LutR/Kleedrac feel kinda weird. I'm probably missing deadline due to Work Cares so

##vote Kleedrac sorry if town not sorry if scum

The rest I didn't really take issue with.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

He doesn't have to answer immediately. Where in my post did you get that sort of idea from it? Or do you not want me to gauge everyone's reactions? Who do you think is scum? Well, other than me, of course, seeing as you've turned instantly hostile.

King Burgundy posted:

hahaha, I hadn't thought of that, but it is indeed pretty hosed up. How on earth would he have an opinion yet unless he was for some reason already reading the game.

Wow yeah, gently caress that guy. Hold on, let me adjust my camouflage a bit more so I don't stand out too much and make a post that stands on its own merits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

GG started getting defensive before anyone called him scummy.

##vote hazdoc though, because that post was rotten all through.

• Locked thread