Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Like i said, its not happening currently the wiki prolly has 15%of games played

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

Like i said, its not happening currently the wiki prolly has 15%of games played

Like I said, if the mod remembers to PM me the code, it'll go in, 100%

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
15% of the time, it works every time.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
the problem with the wiki isn't really editing privileges (though that's certainly a problem whose solution is to cause twelvebaud to reappear into existence), the problem is lazy people who don't want to put in any effort once their game finishes. This has always been the case and will continue always being the case unless something fundamentally changes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
:shrug:

seriously, it's a matter of sending a PM.

As long as you can do that it will get added.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
You can even send me a PM and I'll do it if you think Pig smells funny.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Byers2142 posted:

Go town, then. yuming would be so proud!
Go town :sun:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CapitalistPig posted:

I often miss the ones in the thread

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Who cares if the games are in the wiki or not jeez

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Congratulations you found my avatar.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

Who cares if the games are in the wiki or not jeez

only brought it up because someone just used the wiki as a basis for saying the town is winning more games, when really the wiki is missing too many recent games to make that observation accurately

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

I made it to Master Guardian I in Counter-Strike, friends!

Your power will only grow :twisted:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
what if there was a mafia wiki we could actually edit http://samafia.wikia.com/ great let's do that go to work

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

what if there was a mafia wiki we could actually edit http://samafia.wikia.com/ great let's do that go to work

would be a good start

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i am going to put goatse everywhere.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Yuming!!! How are you?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
then people would edit it

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

Time to make unflattering entries about my enemies.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

This has always been the case and will continue always being the case unless something fundamentally changes.

I'm trying

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

JakeP posted:

would be a good start

not really.

in previous Discussion Threads before I lost all the fucks I would have to post every month or so reminding people to add their games to the list. the problem is :effort: and has always been.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
We need a wiki thats private like the one that exists that still had some sort of ability for sa mafia members to sign up in order to edit it, thats the main problem is that for some reason the one we have is unable to take signups for whatever reason.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

not really.

in previous Discussion Threads before I lost all the fucks I would have to post every month or so reminding people to add their games to the list. the problem is :effort: and has always been.

I think if people had the ability to add their games they would, and understand that people don't want to have to PM someone to do it for them

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

We need a wiki thats private like the one that exists that still had some sort of ability for sa mafia members to sign up in order to edit it, thats the main problem is that for some reason the one we have is unable to take signups for whatever reason.

The current wiki had a massive spambot problem (something like a dozen new spam accounts a day who would edit the most popular pages with their spam), so Twelvebaud decided to close registration so he could install new Captcha software or whatever, but unfortunately Twelvebaud disappeared off the face of the earth about the same time. As far as I know there is no way to get in touch with him to transfer ownership over to someone else.

JakeP posted:

I think if people had the ability to add their games they would

unfortunately you're wrong!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

The current wiki had a massive spambot problem (something like a dozen new spam accounts a day who would edit the most popular pages with their spam), so Twelvebaud decided to close registration so he could install new Captcha software or whatever, but unfortunately Twelvebaud disappeared off the face of the earth about the same time. As far as I know there is no way to get in touch with him to transfer ownership over to someone else.

We could just make a new wiki and copy all the content over

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Guys, the old wiki is all ecco has left now that Asiina is the OP. Give her just this one thing.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Guys, the old wiki is all ecco has left now that Asiina is the OP. Give her just this one thing.

she can have control of the new wiki if she wants

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

JakeP posted:

We could just make a new wiki and copy all the content over

this is a solution.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

the wiki is Important but I don't own it, The Community does abstractly and Twelvebaud does literally.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

I think if people had the ability to add their games they would, and understand that people don't want to have to PM someone to do it for them

Dude, PMing is way easier than going to the wiki, logging in, doing the captcha and adding it. Why are you complaining?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

I had no idea!

Well, somone added a captcha.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

Dude, PMing is way easier than going to the wiki, logging in, doing the captcha and adding it. Why are you complaining?

People aren't PMing you but are posting their games to the thread, so perhaps more games would get added if people who read this thread had access to add games.

I know I would rather add my own game than PM someone to do it for me.

Like I am not even complaining, I am pointing out valid problems with the current system which is not doing what it is supposed to at all.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

People aren't PMing you but are posting their games to the thread, so perhaps more games would get added if people who read this thread had access to add games.

Like Ecco said, most people dont bother, in fact many dont even bother closing their game in votefinder.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

Like Ecco said, most people dont bother, in fact many dont even bother closing their game in votefinder.

Most game results do get posted to this thread though, and most of those games don't make the wiki

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't particularly care but

JakeP posted:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I get that it is cool to keep a record of these types of things, but it is pointless to keep such an incomplete record, that it is almost better to not do the wiki at all if we are content with this level of participation on it

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i agree that a wikia is an imperfect solution but i'd rather do something than nothing. i'll put in work maintaining it if people use it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

JakeP posted:

Most game results do get posted to this thread though

I don't think this is accurate either. However your 15% estimate is actually close to truth, I just went through the last two pages of the New Game Announcement Thread and cross-referenced it with the wiki it's pretty abysmal.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

Most game results do get posted to this thread though, and most of those games don't make the wiki

because people who have access to the wiki dont read through every single post and obsessively make sure they have every game?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tell the auspolers to take care of it

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

because people who have access to the wiki dont read through every single post and obsessively make sure they have every game?

former mafia player Tagov actually used to do just that, and I did too for a while (again back when I cared). it's tedious though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

the issue is not enough people have access to the wiki