Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

JakeP posted:

the issue is not enough people have access to the wiki

you can say this as many times as you like and while it's a problem the effect it has on "Games Added to Wiki Percentage" is minimal at best and negligible at worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

the issue is not enough people have access to the wiki

I agree, I basically said that.

All I'm saying is that until a better system is in place , that I will 100% get your games in the wiki, if you PM me.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

you can say this as many times as you like and while it's a problem the effect it has on "Games Added to Wiki Percentage" is minimal at best and negligible at worst.

You saying that is as speculative as me saying that if more people had rights it would be better.

I know for one that I mostly keep up with this thread, and would update whenever I saw a game end. I can only speak for myself

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

JakeP posted:

You saying that is as speculative as me saying that if more people had rights it would be better.

except it's not!! I already said we've had wikis in the past that were easily editable and people still never added their games to it. the problem isn't the wiki being editable, it's people's effort/attention, and short of a massive community shift to rewarding good actors and punishing bad ones, it's just not going to happen.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

just my experience but I never make any effort to get my games added to the wiki

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Who is very familiar with the rules of the game Chrononauts and doesnt want to play my game?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Magnus Gallant posted:

Yuming!!! How are you?
I'm good I'm reading about yoga on the internet and watching Four Weddings with my dogs.

How are you?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
*[http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=447097708 Earthboundfia] Modded by Mithross has ended in a scum victory
*[http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=446900335 Gnomefia: A Supreme Lack of Hope] Hosted by BottleKnight has ended in a town victory
*[http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722958 Heroes of the Stormfia] - Scum victory. Hosted by JakeP.
*[http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717405 PETA mafia] - Scum Victory. Hosted by Magnus Gallant
*[http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=445648745 Wild and Crazy Kids] - Serial Killer Victory. Hosted by Poque.
*[http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712673 Big Game Queue Mafia] - Scum Victory. Hosted by Poque
*[http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3709562 Krellfia] gently caress-YOU-I’M-HAROLD-KRELL Victory. Hosted by Harold Krell

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
theres the games I have played/modded in the last 5 months or so that haven't been added

G-d bless

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

theres the games I have played/modded in the last 5 months or so that haven't been added

G-d bless

Im on it

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I listed Pig as someone in the OP and in the votefinder tutorial to message to add your game to the wiki, so maybe people will be better about it? I dunno, I always PM Pig my games.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Did anyone adopt Votefinder?

How much was it to adopt Votefinder?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i thought the problem with votefinder was needing a developer to take it over and not a financial thing?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

CapitalistPig posted:

We need a wiki thats private like the one that exists that still had some sort of ability for sa mafia members to sign up in order to edit it, thats the main problem is that for some reason the one we have is unable to take signups for whatever reason.

Wikispaces!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

that's neat.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I have a feeling that it wouldn't be very difficult to allow votefinder to post completed games to the wiki, being that it already posts current games to the wiki, and has an after game screen that gives you the text to paste into the wiki.

not that I have the ability to develop that or anything

JakeP fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jul 7, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

JakeP posted:

I have a feeling that it wouldn't be very difficult to allow votefinder to post completed games to the wiki
unsurprisingly you are not the first person to think this and unsurprisingly the answer is "it's actually way complicated."

Additionally it's worth reminding that it doesn't actually post anything to the wiki, what you see is just the result of elaborate (and very temporary) scripting.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

unsurprisingly you are not the first person to think this and unsurprisingly the answer is "it's actually way complicated."

Additionally it's worth reminding that it doesn't actually post anything to the wiki, what you see is just the result of elaborate (and very temporary) scripting.

It would be incredibly easy if votefinder kept the master record of completed games instead of the wiki. You could populate the start of the list with a modified version of the current wiki entry.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

It would be incredibly easy if votefinder kept the master record of completed games instead of the wiki.

Technically it already does, but it doesn't actually sort properly for some reason. It also obviously lacks the game's result (or whether the game actually happened at all for the occasional dud that never gets off the ground).

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

merk posted:

It would be incredibly easy if votefinder kept the master record of completed games instead of the wiki. You could populate the start of the list with a modified version of the current wiki entry.

Yeah that seems like the easier route, but I'm no programmer.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

Technically it already does, but it doesn't actually sort properly for some reason. It also obviously lacks the game's result (or whether the game actually happened at all for the occasional dud that never gets off the ground).

These are easily fixable issues I'd think.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

In the end game screen it could be an option to enter who won

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

JakeP posted:

In the end game screen it could be an option to enter who won

there already is :v: again the problem is lack of effort.

merk posted:

These are easily fixable issues I'd think.

if it is nobody has taken the effort to do so.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ok dang it what is it written in , I'm gonna have to learn how to do this aren't I?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I vote make CapPig do everything.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Vote two goes to making taste eat a bug.ll

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

I vote make CapPig do everything.

I really would if I knew how to.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

I really would if I knew how to.

You better learn or else you'll get the box.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

You better learn or else you'll get the box.

Jokes on you, I already have the box.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Jokes on you, I already have the box.

Kinky kinky.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i have put all the games i modded in the wiki. i'm a part of the solution

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

uranus posted:

i have put all the games i modded in the wiki. i'm a part of the solution

Whatever you do, don't precipitate in this. Then you'll no longer be part of the solution.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

CCKeane posted:

Whatever you do, don't precipitate in this. Then you'll no longer be part of the solution.

:itisachemjoke:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

CCKeane posted:

For a fraction of a second I thought that was a typo, and then..... :golfclap:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I have no idea what it's coded in but that should be something pretty easy to add I'd think and I'd take a stab at it

e: it's in python and jquery

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Kumbamontu posted:

I have no idea what it's coded in but that should be something pretty easy to add I'd think and I'd take a stab at it

e: it's in python and jquery

also program an option to require unvotes before revotes.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Look Under The Rock posted:

Did anyone adopt Votefinder?

How much was it to adopt Votefinder?

I actually am talking to soru about rn. I didn't want to say anything to the thread before but since we started getting into this mess I figured I should clarify

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Votefinder is awesome. I am happy at the potential for it to get better.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I actually have been learning the framework used and making a list of things I'd try to change and have ideas for a lot of the issues being discussed right now. Soru hasn't responded to the pm I sent a few days ago but I figure he's just getting around to it? We'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i wish this was something I could help with but the extent of my web development knowledge is web 1.0 HTML for emails, and other email related hoo-hah