Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Any games lately where a 3P solo won? Maybe I'll beef up the 3P next game I run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Met posted:

Any games lately where a 3P solo won? Maybe I'll beef up the 3P next game I run.

Me in WaCK mafia http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3718247

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Met posted:

I think the nature of action economy makes it inherently difficult to balance the efforts of one player against multiple teams.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
So often when a mod tries to make a super OP super fun 3P dude (and balance the game around that player), that player ends up dead by Night 2, and the fun surprise for the game is gone too early

at the same time making then more than 1x DP/LP makes the game unfun for everyone else

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

I have made a new chart for everyone to disagree with.

Emotional does not mean hysterical, and calm does not mean boring. Slytherin does not mean evil, and Hufflepuff does not mean dumb. I did it mostly on feel so I can't really put into words what my thought process was.

I only included people I've interacted with/read enough of so if I missed you maybe I'll update it some day.

I promise I like pretty much all of you so if you don't like your spot don't take it personally!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

BRB Ragequitting again.

In all seriousness, I think that a solo 3P win is something that's probably not going to happen no matter what you do as a mod, so just give the role something fun to do while they are playing to make up for it.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

BottleKnight posted:

Emotional does not mean hysterical, and calm does not mean boring. Slytherin does not mean evil, and Hufflepuff does not mean dumb. I did it mostly on feel so I can't really put into words what my thought process was.

I only included people I've interacted with/read enough of so if I missed you maybe I'll update it some day.

I promise I like pretty much all of you so if you don't like your spot don't take it personally!

very interesting!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I think asiina is at least a little serious

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

BottleKnight posted:

Gulag being barely visible on the map in the calm/serious bucket is a beautiful troll.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

merk posted:

Gulag being barely visible on the map in the calm/serious bucket is a beautiful troll.

I was just about to post this. :golfclap:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i like this chart better than the rarity one

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kumbamontu posted:

gulags just a little calmer and a little more serious than Merk

Gulag leads SA mafia in calm

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you use a image hosted on SA as your avatar, you can break size limits.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Kumbamontu posted:

COME BACK TO CS: GO

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I like that I have maintained my relative position on this chart compared to the chart from waaaay back in the day.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm okay with my spot.

I'm watching an Australian movie about racism and learning so much about Australian racism.

Good times.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I always pegged myself for a Ravenclaw but I went through my post history and made a gut call.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

merk posted:

COME BACK TO CS: GO

i have been using my video game time for hots!!!!

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
I love that I'm like Riddle in that I'm thiiiiis close to being a Gryff.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I agree with the new chart.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

BottleKnight posted:

I always pegged myself for a Ravenclaw but I went through my post history and made a gut call.

I am kind of surprised that I'm generally pegged as calm. I'm not very good at being scum so I often have to resort to emotional pleas or bullying to get anything done. I'm happy though, I've been working on being less of a dickhead.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

BottleKnight posted:

I'm OK with landing Slytherin - I think you nailed it as far as I'm concerned.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Yeah I think that I like that chart too although I'm much less of a Slytherin in my daily life. Mafia brings out the worst in me I guess? :v:

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i'm not as calm as i used to be

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

uranus posted:

i'm not as calm as i used to be

yeah man what's going on there

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

I am kind of surprised that I'm generally pegged as calm. I'm not very good at being scum so I often have to resort to emotional pleas or bullying to get anything done. I'm happy though, I've been working on being less of a dickhead.

Yeah when I put your dot down I recalled you talking about why you play mafia, because you like a puzzle to piece through during the day. It made me think you're more calm, chill, surfing through the game and figuring stuff out.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

BottleKnight posted:

I'm so horribly competitive that I refuse to play games with people I have to look in the eye on a regular basis.

As long as I'm not in a competitive situation, I am Hufflepuff as hell.

If we're playing something even as silly as Go Fish I will get so competitive that you'll hate me for at least a couple hours after. It takes tremendous discipline for me to not just gleefully spank my opponent or cuss a blue streak if I'm losing.

I will also get really obnoxious about game knowledge. The guy who taught me to play ascension went easy the first couple games, I downloaded the app and all the expansions, learned to exploit mechana class and then I beat him seven games in a row and he hasn't played with me since.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Look Under The Rock posted:

I'm so horribly competitive that I refuse to play games with people I have to look in the eye on a regular basis.

As long as I'm not in a competitive situation, I am Hufflepuff as hell.

If we're playing something even as silly as Go Fish I will get so competitive that you'll hate me for at least a couple hours after. It takes tremendous discipline for me to not just gleefully spank my opponent or cuss a blue streak if I'm losing.

I will also get really obnoxious about game knowledge. The guy who taught me to play ascension went easy the first couple games, I downloaded the app and all the expansions, learned to exploit mechana class and then I beat him seven games in a row and he hasn't played with me since.

lol we have one guy like that at our weekly board game nights, and I routinely try to get him to admit he's still having fun when losing a game. I feel much better about a game if I can lose and still have fun, which is why Coup is still one of my current favorites.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I am now much more okay with getting really into Steven Universe now that I know it was just renewed for a 3rd season. I hate getting into a show right before it's cancelled. Not worth the risk!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

I'm just happy to be charted for once.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

BottleKnight posted:

I am now much more okay with getting really into Steven Universe now that I know it was just renewed for a 3rd season. I hate getting into a show right before it's cancelled. Not worth the risk!

I dunno, I enjoyed Carnivale and I'm okay with the fact that there'll never be another season. I'm often disappointed by finales though. With how slow Steven Universe moves though, it'd be a shame if it ended early.

I've been totally engrossed by Major Lazer and I am not that ashamed about it.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

I dunno, I enjoyed Carnivale and I'm okay with the fact that there'll never be another season. I'm often disappointed by finales though. With how slow Steven Universe moves though, it'd be a shame if it ended early.

I've been totally engrossed by Major Lazer and I am not that ashamed about it.

This sounds really general since the entire internet has blown up about this but I really, really liked Firefly when I watched the first season for the first time and even though I'm not irrational about it I'm still pretty not okay with the lack of a second season. I've been thinking for years that it would be a no-brainer for Netflix or someone to bring it back but at this point even that would be difficult after 12 years.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I felt the same way for a while, then I rewatched it. I do not think Firefly holds up at all.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

How does a reaver clean his harpoon?

He puts it through the wash.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

How does a reaver clean his harpoon?

He puts it through the wash.

:unsmigghh:

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i think i watched the first episode of firefly.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, Firefly got its second chance with the major motion picture Serenity.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i also never finished the battle star galaga

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
is there anyone who does marketing and actually likes it?

edit: nevermind it's probably just people who get paid a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
the mad men