Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

BottleKnight posted:

I am now much more okay with getting really into Steven Universe now that I know it was just renewed for a 3rd season. I hate getting into a show right before it's cancelled. Not worth the risk!

if it's any help it's Cartoon Network's like second most popular show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I've tried watching Firefly a bunch of times and never make it more than 2 episodes in.

It's pretty bad, guys.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Somberbrero posted:

is there anyone who does marketing and actually likes it?

edit: nevermind it's probably just people who get paid a lot.

Marketing is STINKY.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Also, Firefly got its second chance with the major motion picture Serenity.

Oh man you're in the discussion thread now, we got him

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

uranus posted:

the mad men

i think we may have not watched the same show

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
I went to see Serenity with a group of friends and we all wore T-shirts I'd made with iron-on designs based on firefly quotes (like mine was the LiveJournal logo with "dear diary, today I was pompous and my sister was crazy..." etc) and I cried for the last half hour of the movie and all the way home and man I loved firefly so much and somber and asiina y'all are correct, it does not hold up. I feel like there's a lot of potential there but everything about it feels really twee and chintzy and empty.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Here's the definitive list of Joss Whedon shows, in order from best to worst.

Dollhouse
Buffy
Angel
Firefly

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Oh man you're in the discussion thread now, we got him

Shut up! I hate you! :mad:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Look at me, I'm so edgy I hate the thing everyone enjoys.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Met posted:

Look at me, I'm so edgy I hate the thing everyone enjoys.

- mafiathread.txt

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I think a big problem with Firefly is you need to watch it in the aired order, because the original storyline pilot is not great, and also not the first episode that aired, if I remember correctly. I think it's almost better to watch the first aired pilot then go back to Storyline Episode 1 as a flashback or something?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The other mafiathred.txt is getting defensive if someone doesn't like something you like.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

is there anyone who does marketing and actually likes it?

edit: nevermind it's probably just people who get paid a lot.

me technically?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

uranus posted:

i also never finished the battle star galaga

this is my favorite arcade game

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
seriously i am the unofficial local champion of galaga and i will become official local champion of galaga in october when the arcade has their tournament

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Quidnose posted:

I think a big problem with Firefly is you need to watch it in the aired order, because the original storyline pilot is not great, and also not the first episode that aired, if I remember correctly. I think it's almost better to watch the first aired pilot then go back to Storyline Episode 1 as a flashback or something?

The train heist episode? Yeah, that's a great introduction to the show.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

EXAKT Science posted:

seriously i am the unofficial local champion of galaga and i will become official local champion of galaga in october when the arcade has their tournament

thats pretty awesome

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EXAKT Science posted:

A softball rival of mine has a high score in galaga at the barcade near me. Can I hire you to come and top his high score in order to break his spirit before a big game?

Thanks in advance.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
My favorite arcade game is probably Galaga, followed by Smash TV & NFL Blitz.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

CCKeane posted:

A softball rival of mine has a high score in galaga at the barcade near me. Can I hire you to come and top his high score in order to break his spirit before a big game?

Thanks in advance.

What is the score?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EXAKT Science posted:

What is the score?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

CCKeane posted:

Hmmm, that is a tall order, but something I'm sure I can do with enough practice.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

A tabletop Ms. Pacman & Galaga is pretty much my dream. Also Warlords. Any other arcade game, I'd probably just mame my own cabinet.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

TMMadman posted:

Also, Firefly got its second chance with the major motion picture Serenity.

I felt that Serenity ruined Firefly and reminded me that if you give Joss Whedon something you love he'll make it ten times better and then kill it for no reason - I wonder if he's related to George RR Martin?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i really liked cabin in the woods. i thought dollhouse was good but i stopped watching midway into the second season and i'm not sure why.

if you liked dollhouse you may also like: sense8. i'm a big fan of the wachowski siblings and almost anything they do though.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

i really liked cabin in the woods. i thought dollhouse was good but i stopped watching midway into the second season and i'm not sure why.

if you liked dollhouse you may also like: sense8. i'm a big fan of the wachowski siblings and almost anything they do though.

Speed Racer is their best movie.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I really liked Cabin in the Woods and I'm glad I watched it the way I did, which is knowing absolutely nothing about it. I didn't know who made it or that it was supposed to be satire or meta, so it was an interesting adventure just watching the whole thing unfold.

Also I just finished watching The Sapphires which was a very good movie and Ecco you should watch it for your next movie night.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
cabin in the woods was great fun.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I found a thing

http://vip.aersia.net/vip-source.swf

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I like how ecco's point of view on the wiki is that regardless of if there's access or not, no one will add games. Well, if you look at these charts that have been posted before Bottle's new attempt, the community was a completely different group of people at that point. Also, the number of people arguing the contrary point are not likely to argue that point and then not add games, if they were allowed to.

Basically this is just an attempt to keep people from demanding access to the wiki.

##vote Ecco

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
sense8 is cool i agree you people should watch it

the first episode is really loving long and boring but it helps establish all the character so ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Some good-rear end music here.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
what is that every anime music ever made

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

This is a cool thing.

I'm listening to the music from ActRaiser, which is amazing. I think if I ever did some charity video game streaming or something of that nature I'd play ActRaiser because it's a fantastic game.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Earthbound - School Again, YES.

Why did I not sign up for Earthboundfia. :qq:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Two shows that people should watch even though they only had a season or two:

The Good Guys
Better Off Ted

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

I'm glad my autodialer allows Silence as an option. This is excellent background noise.

Speaking of my autodialer, I got a promotion today! 5% hourly raise and 6+ extra hours a week, with potential for further advancement! :toot:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

BottleKnight posted:

I have made a new chart for everyone to disagree with.

Emotional does not mean hysterical, and calm does not mean boring. Slytherin does not mean evil, and Hufflepuff does not mean dumb. I did it mostly on feel so I can't really put into words what my thought process was.

I only included people I've interacted with/read enough of so if I missed you maybe I'll update it some day.

I promise I like pretty much all of you so if you don't like your spot don't take it personally!

My calm rating is off the charts

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EXAKT Science posted:

I'm glad my autodialer allows Silence as an option. This is excellent background noise.

Speaking of my autodialer, I got a promotion today! 5% hourly raise and 6+ extra hours a week, with potential for further advancement! :toot:

grats

GulagDolls posted:

grats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

I was trying to more accurately place you but Paint wouldn't allow me.