Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pinterest Mom posted:

Here's the definitive list of Joss Whedon shows, in order from best to worst.

Dollhouse
Buffy
Angel
Firefly
Nah Angel is better than Buffy, especially with season 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Angel is a lot more consistent than Buffy but it never has quite the level of thematic ambition or emotional force Buffy has, barring some of the Illyria stuff. It gets trapped in the gritty=good trap a lot.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Quick get in betrayer s super CYOR before sign ups close

i missed it

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Also I've never seen myself as a Ravenclaw, not smart enough.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

bowmore posted:

that's so wise and brooding man, haha, stop wowing us with your brain!!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

lmao

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BottleKnight posted:

that's so wise and brooding man, haha, stop wowing us with your brain!!
:greencube:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

My favorite placements include: Met, Mills, Cpig, yuming, yourself

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

bowmore posted:

Ravenclaw is pretty much the worst house. All of the other houses praise values and effort, Ravenclaw praises and worships talent.

Anyone can be brave or kind or ambitious. Not everyone can be brilliant and clever and all that jazz. Ravenclaw is filled with people who make their talents a stronger part of their character than their choices.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

My favorite placements include: Met, Mills, Cpig, yuming, yourself

lol is this because they're wrong or just funny? also I don't know mills because he is not around anymore and I've never read a game he was in.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Ravenclaw is pretty much the worst house. All of the other houses praise values and effort, Ravenclaw praises and worships talent.

Anyone can be brave or kind or ambitious. Not everyone can be brilliant and clever and all that jazz. Ravenclaw is filled with people who make their talents a stronger part of their character than their choices.

This is true and ravenclaw is elitist but there are very cool people in it, as in all houses.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Diq mad we aren't taking him seriously

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

also I'm slytherin IRL and probably also in game given my narcissism

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

Diq mad we aren't taking him seriously

definitely not that, im happy with my placement, just surprised you all agree

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

also I'm slytherin IRL and probably also in game given my narcissism

I regret not putting you and PMom in the exact same area of the graph just translated across the calmaxis.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Real chat: I was dating a girl for a few months, and she introduced me to Pottermore. I took the test and got a result of Slytherin. Also, I shaved off my mutton chops for work. She broke up with me the next week.

Don't be Slytherin or shave your mutton chops, guys!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i am glad that 8bux is closest to being the new heart player

because 8bux is one big heart

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

definitely not that, im happy with my placement, just surprised you all agree

haven't you seen my chart, I'm not serious

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

Real chat: I was dating a girl for a few months, and she introduced me to Pottermore. I took the test and got a result of Slytherin. Also, I shaved off my mutton chops for work. She broke up with me the next week.

Don't be Slytherin or shave your mutton chops, guys!

when i took the pottermore test it let me choose between gryffindor and ravenclaw. i obviously chose ravenclaw because i'm a nerd.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ernie. posted:

i am glad that 8bux is closest to being the new heart player

because 8bux is one big heart

I was going to do exactly this but you can't have a student not be in a house. Though I could've made 8bux our headmaster. Hmmmmm

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

As a coward, I value bravery far more than intellect.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I am mafia's hades and ernest is persephone

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

I was going to do exactly this but you can't have a student not be in a house. Though I could've made 8bux our headmaster. Hmmmmm

He's the sorting hat.

You place students in houses based off of him.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

yep, definitely not a Ravenclaw

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm a ravenclaw

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i have no idea what a hufflepuff is but my interpretation of the chart is I am mad chill and fun, and I think that sounds about right so ya im hufflepuff

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hufflepuff are the C students of Hogwarts.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i was a C student, so I think it checks out

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

The hufflepuff motto says you're hardworking and loyal, but really you're just the house that that dude from twilight was in, and he was actually a pretty cool guy in the movie

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

ravenclawpride

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

BottleKnight posted:

The hufflepuff motto says you're hardworking and loyal, but really you're just the house that that dude from twilight was in, and he was actually a pretty cool guy in the movie

jacob is my favorite twilight character so i hope its him

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

JakeP posted:

jacob is my favorite twilight character so i hope its him

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Man this chat has gotten me to post unironically a poo poo ton, but whenever I think about the people that I admire and want to emulate, many of them are smart and brilliant people. One of my good friends is one of the best engineers I have ever met. He is amazingly capable and blows me out of the water on any topic where we have shared knowledge. That isn't what I admire from him, though, I admire the kindness that he treats everybody he meets with, and how I know that if I absolutely needed him, I could call him up anytime and he would be there.

He's a brilliant engineer, but I bet most people that meet him will consider how well he treats them as far more important.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Welp I did the Pottermore test and it gave me Ravenclaw.

My wand is also Redwood with Unicorn hair core, 12 and a quarter inches, Pliant.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I did Pottermore and got Hufflepuff.

Probably shouldn't have poo poo talked them earlier.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hufflepuff are great

Asiina you've huffed and puffed plenty of times in games

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hufflepuff ain't got magic, they just smoke behind the greenhouse

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

In my head I am Slytherin, in reality I am probably Hufflepuff too boring and insubstantial to ever make one of these charts.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DuckHuntDog posted:

In my head I am Slytherin, in reality I am probably Hufflepuff too boring and insubstantial to ever make one of these charts.
do the pottermore test and find out for real

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

bowmore posted:

My wang is also Redwood with Unicorn hair core, 12 and a quarter inches, Pliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I took it and also got Hufflepuff. :clint: