Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

EccoRaven posted:

:toot:

I am so so so excited to do this exact thing again tomorrow.

I'm hoping the scum kill me and make it someone else's problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think at least one, if not both, of Opop and Hal are scum. I'm not jumping on their bandwagon at the end of the day.

I will not feel guilty for not joining a last minute rush at MYLO.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

I think at least one, if not both, of Opop and Hal are scum. I'm not jumping on their bandwagon at the end of the day.

I will not feel guilty for not joining a last minute rush at MYLO.

a last minute rush on someone with a guilty cop verdict and it's not like anyone has been around previously so when the gently caress else were we going to do it

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
anyway :redhammer: good night

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Kumbamontu posted:

a last minute rush on someone with a guilty cop verdict and it's not like anyone has been around previously so when the gently caress else were we going to do it

Cop investigations are sacrosanct, as we all know, because it is in fact 2007 and cops having mistaken results is unthinkable still.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I'm hoping the scum kill me and make it someone else's problem.

Same! But alas you know as well as I do that we're both screwed.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

Same! But alas you know as well as I do that we're both screwed.

Scum claim.

Fv svumbuddy

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

EccoRaven (4): Kumbamontu, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Kumbamontu, fiery_valkyrie, Kumbamontu, CapitalistPig, Hal Incandenza
Hal Incandenza (3): EccoRaven, Somberbrero, Kumbamontu, Kumbamontu, Opopanax
Opopanax (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero

Not Voting (1): Asiina

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 06th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This is all Opops fault

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
It's just getting hotter. Why is it so hot? The sun isn't even directly shining on this tent. In order to not die from dehydration the contestants and judges split off and everyone goes their own way through the fair.

Nobody left the competition D3!

Night begins now. Night actions?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

CapitalistPig posted:

Scum claim.

Fv svumbuddy

No, you're a svumbuddy.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

This is all Opops fault

Fair

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Nobody had died during the pageant... until now.

It had been an hour since everyone had split up and Heather Granville was nowhere to be found. A search party was formed and, after a bit of scrambling, found her body on the Fireball. She seemed weirdly at peace, even though it was obvious someone had shoved her into a seat on purpose.

But the weirdest thing was discovered afterwards. Opening Granville's makeup pouch, they discovered hundreds of hard candy caramels as well as a signed daguerreotype of Rudolph Valentino.

"It was the weirdest thing," a doctor was heard saying. "She looks 16, but her innards look like she's lived hundreds of years."

Though contestants were dropping like flies, the show went on.

Kumba, (Heather Granville, The Contestant with Benjamin Button Disease) Pageant-Aligned Helpful Cop was killed N3!

Day begins... now.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (7): Asiina, CapitalistPig, EccoRaven, fiery_valkyrie, Hal Incandenza, Opopanax, Somberbrero

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 09th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Sorry I messed up and claimed a power too early as a doc ensuring that I am blocked every night.

MMM and Kumba would still be alive if I had not done so.

Also, with the flip

##vote Ecco

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN WE LYNCH THE GUILTY COP RESULT PLEASE

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yep ##vote ecco

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opop, who else do you think is scum?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Also, why didn't you vote Ecco yesterday?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN WE LYNCH THE GUILTY COP RESULT PLEASE

except I am town and the result was incorrect keep up

get bent

wait I'm already at -1 aren't I

UNVOTE IT'S ALMOST CERTAINLY EXLO

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
here is Some Facts:

- I am vanilla town. The first and only message I have received all game from $8 was the MMM result, as I said yesterday before Kumba claimed.
- it makes no strategic sense for me to be scum and have played the way I have, especially in a game where everyone was happy to idly lurk.
--- when I play scum I play to win, I don't toss away easy victories just for funsies, I revel in the easy victory. I only prod players and try to get the game going when I am town, because I know when a town doesn't do that it loses.
- there are very, very valid reasons why we shouldn't blindly trust a cop investigation, not the least of which because Kumba was a cop+, which implies the mafia have a something+ to counteract it. A framer or a busdriver or a whatever makes a lot of sense from a design perspective.

Note that my defense from Kumba's investigation is not just "oh uh a framer, yeah, that's it!!" My defense is that I am posting like a townie and you all drat well know it or you'd have made cases against me way earlier rather than lazily and mindlessly voting for me because the cop said so.

We are in exlo. If we vote me you lose the game, instantly, no questions asked have a nice day, goodbye town. How about instead of losing the game we actually turn this thing around, play mafia, and maybe even eke out a victory??

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Relax you are only -2

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Also, why didn't you vote Ecco yesterday?

When I checked in there was 10 minutes left and Hal was the only one with votes on him

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opopanax posted:

When I checked in there was 10 minutes left and Hal was the only one with votes on him

So you checked in with 10 minutes to go, voted Hal, and never looked at the thread again before deadline?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Also, Opop you didn't answer this question.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Opop, who else do you think is scum?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah that's right.

I don't currently have a good second choice

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Opopanax posted:

Yeah that's right.

If you're town opop you're literally throwing the game away with your garbage vote

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Yeah that's right.

Do you have any opinions at all on any other players?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Feel ok about pig, still a bit of a gut bad feeling on somber

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Who do you want to vote for today Ecco?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Who do you want to vote for today Ecco?

I still think Hal is a good choice. I definitely won't vote for you or CPig. So I suppose by process of elimination scum must be three of Opop/Hal//Asiina/Somber.

If I had to order it by probability I'd say Hal, then Opop, then Somber, then Asiina.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I'm being crushed by the apathy in this thread.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna come back to this thread in the morning, although if those votes sit and they don't get rushed, then Ecco is definitely scum, since while I believe Opop is scum, I don't think CPig is.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

you might as well vote me and get it over with. this game blows. $8 puts a lot of time and effort into the game, yet half the players are total non-entities, and most of the other half want to :effort: and just vote me mindlessly.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm going to go to bed and then get up and write stuff for my mafia game so I will not be checking this thread closely.

Hal points, repeated:

Attacks fiery for calling him out on making fake content day 1

Doesn't express a single opinion on another player until late into Day 3

Rolefished the heck out of Pig

(same points summarized again)

I haven't talked much about that third point because I thought it was self-evidently terribly scummy but yeah, mafia roleblocked Pig night 1, Pig claims to have had his action blocked, and then Hal asks Pig what role he had. As in, "is Pig a role that we, the mafia, should continue roleblocking?" It's scummy as all get out, and I'm mad as hell you're all willing to throw the game away and vote for me because of a cop investigation even when few(none?) of you actually think I'm scum aside from the investigation, while Hal, who many of you actually agree is scummy, gets to coast to a win. It's just loving gross, and it reminds me why I hate playing mafia games.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
And finally:

##vote Hal

If it turns out he's town then gently caress it at least I tried.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

And finally:

##vote Hal

If it turns out he's town then gently caress it at least I tried.

Sigh.

I'm pretty sure that once we stop and look at the way voting went down at deadline yesterday we can figure out who could possibly be on a team with whom.

I have to go to work now but please no one else vote me in the interim because you know one town vote on me and its over.

For me, I doubt cpig and opop are both scum so I'm pretty sure it's ecco. If you think it's me then I have to be Scum with those two or else the game would be over. Which would mean that opop voted me and left instead of winning the game at deadline.

Also ecco has completely sold out on me today and isn't even pretending to try and think who the other scum might be with me because he just wants to push me through quick.

Think about it people!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

you might as well vote me and get it over with. this game blows. $8 puts a lot of time and effort into the game, yet half the players are total non-entities, and most of the other half want to :effort: and just vote me mindlessly.

Its not mindless.

YOU HAVE A GUILTY RESULT FROM A CONFIRMED COP.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

Its not mindless.

YOU HAVE A GUILTY RESULT FROM A CONFIRMED COP.

And I've shown plenty of reasons why we should actually talk about it rather than just VOTE VOTE VOTE and be done.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also ecco has completely sold out on me today and isn't even pretending to try and think who the other scum might be with me because he just wants to push me through quick.
a Hal/Opop/Somber team makes sense, and Somber hasn't checked in the thread yet (slash ever) so why rush?

But mostly I really hate trying to draw Possible Scum Scenarios because if one of them turns out to be wrong the rest usually fall apart as well. It's much more reasonable to say who, individually, is scum.

Your defense is yet another hollow smokescreen.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Which would mean that opop voted me and left instead of winning the game at deadline.
Opop not being here for deadline isn't a scumtell or a towntell it's an Opop-has-been-coasting-like-poo poo-this-gametell.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yes the somber Hal opop scum team that had two of my scumbuddies voting me at the end of the day. Rather than either of them making an attempt to win the game.

Please make a case for somber and I to be scum together that makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

I'm gonna come back to this thread in the morning, although if those votes sit and they don't get rushed, then Ecco is definitely scum, since while I believe Opop is scum, I don't think CPig is.

fyi I as scum advocate not bumrushing the first town player to get a vote in exlo because it's usually unnecessary because of thinking like this and because on occasion it backfires spectacularly. That the scumteam are likely not at all coordinating this game due to apathy should be further proof of that.

If you're gonna vote me vote me, but if you're going to actually play mafia I would like you to at least consider my Hal case.

• Locked thread