Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

yuming posted:

I can only post for like 10 more minutes where is everyone~

I'm here. I'm very upset you don't like my case because I think this some of the best stuff I've found in any game this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Grandicap posted:

MMM is town.
Wait wait I thought Grandi coped GG for some reason :|

It doesn't make sense for them both to be scum. Simplest is they're both town.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

A scum cop could stand to gain credibility by giving successful reads but I don't really think grandi is worth pursuing today

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I really don't think Grandi is scum though.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
It's really quick, eh?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Votecount for Day 3

Opopanax (2): yuming, EXAKT Science
Grandicap (1): Opopanax
Hal Incandenza (1): GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE
Murmur Twin (1): GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, MMM Whatchya Say

Not Voting (4): Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Murmur Twin, oxidation

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 08th, 2015 at 4 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 20 hours, 11 minutes.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

yuming posted:

I really don't think Grandi is scum though.

:agreed:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

oxidation posted:

The fact Grandi wasn't killed last night seems suspicious to me too. However, it's possible someone else is scum and cop, and therefore the scum know he's bluffing and would rather take their chances with a different kill.

MMM, why are you so sure MMT is scum?
oxi who is a scum? Tell me more.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

yuming posted:

It's really quick, eh?

yeah there's very little to read, and I don't like any of the votes.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'm here. I'm very upset you don't like my case because I think this some of the best stuff I've found in any game this year.
I will reread it from the opposite perspective later.

Could you summarize what you think is the heart of your case? Maybe I'm fixating on the wrong bits.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

yuming posted:

I will reread it from the opposite perspective later.

Could you summarize what you think is the heart of your case? Maybe I'm fixating on the wrong bits.

I think my heart has two hearts. or a brain and a heart. idk how to extend the anatomy metaphor further.

The first is that based on nightkill and draft order stuff, I believe MMT is the vigilante and the vigilante is scum.

The second is that based on in thread stuff I think MMT carries a scum perspective and is faking opinions. Her posting on grandi is the best example of this.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

like her entire post history fits into the perspective of scum vigilante high on the draft order

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I guess it's late but let's chat chat chat about Murmur Twin being scum scum scum

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

in fact every person who doesn't vote Murmur Twin should personally justify why they're not doing that.

oxidation
May 22, 2011

yuming posted:

oxi who is a scum? Tell me more.

Well I'm not so sure anymore because Kumba was my strongest read, so apparently I'm not very good at this. :v:

I'm going to re-read MMM's case on MMT a couple times and think it over. I don't think there's a lot to go on on Opop, but I also don't see much of a case on anyone else. I'm willing to believe Grandi is a town cop.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

MMM, I don't know if your points are compelling. In fact, I'll be blunt; they aren't. I'm tempted to vote you if only due to your faux righteousness over that. Maybe, though, just maybe I'll get around to reading before deadline and do something for the first time this game. Maybe. . .

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

MMM, I don't know if your points are compelling. In fact, I'll be blunt; they aren't. I'm tempted to vote you if only due to your faux righteousness over that. Maybe, though, just maybe I'll get around to reading before deadline and do something for the first time this game. Maybe. . .

That would imply Grandi is scum too and that seems a bit of a stretch.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Why aren't they compelling?

There are many points there and it's not like it's being swept away by other cases. I haven't seen a single compelling point about why the case isn't good.

MMT has gone completely AWOL since the case and everybody else is just sitting around with their thumbs in their asses going "yeah, huh, well"

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
First off, apologies for being relatively quiet so far this game day. I like to hold myself to a standard of posting a lot and real life has gotten in the way of that. That said, I'm definitely not the only person who hasn't been posting as much as normal (off the top of my head, EXAKT/Diqnol/Yuming) and so I'm hoping "better late than never" can apply here.

Regarding MMM's case: the problem I'm having with it is that, to a degree, it makes sense. If scum was going for a PR last night while avoiding Grandi, the most logical reason (to everyone else) that I wasn't the target would be that I'm scum. From my point of view, the most likely explanation is that scum saw MMM's post:

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'm also somewhat suspicious of MMT and Hal for ~reasons, but don't think both of them can be scum.

And went to the next person on the list that wasn't the three of us, knowing it would reinforce MMM's notion that we're scum. I don't want to fixate on kill order much more than that - I feel like enough has been said about that for people to make their own decisions.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

in fact every person who doesn't vote Murmur Twin should personally justify why they're not doing that.

I agree with this for the sake of this game needing talking points - deadline is in three hours and it doesn't seem like there are any good leads at the moment. If not that, at least "who do you think is scum, and why?" would be good.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

The second is that based on in thread stuff I think MMT carries a scum perspective and is faking opinions. Her posting on grandi is the best example of this.

I've thought Grandicap is scum all game! The reason I didn't think he was a good vote D2 was that it didn't make sense to kill the claimed cop before he could share any results, and that we'd have a chance to get numbers/information if he was properly protected.

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm suspicious of two things regarding Grandi - (a) his claiming cop was the result of him "accidentally" revealing information and being questioned from it and (b) he wasn't the kill target last night. If he is a scum cop, that's a perfect way to divert our protective roles while making us not want to lynch him.

Grandi - who is your biggest suspect and why? Why did you target MMM?

When he wasn't targetted N2 I thought more critically about "what if he's a scum cop?" and realized that if that's the case, and town doesn't consider that possibility, we're dead in the water. This is why I asked him to explain his thought process - I think it's crazy that MMM sees this as me flip-flopping.

To clarify: at no point have I had a town read on Grandi. His being the cop makes me see him as useful to town, but I recently lost a game (Dark Hospital II) to a scum cop and, reflecting back on it, realized that I made a huge mistake in trusting someone just because they say they're the cop.

Hal Incandenza posted:

At least Grandi has made a read on the game, why not go after someone like Little Mac who hasn't posted even that? There are other players who had barely any content at all. You didn't even seem to have an opinion on Grandi when people were talking about him

---

That is very sensible play Grandicap

---

This really doesn't mean much, but Grandi picked pretty far down the list to take a flyer on cop for the scum team. I'm kind of surprised it was still there but I could see town rolling those dice but not so much scum given they would like to get three power roles.

---

I don't either generally, but it does seem odd when [Grandi] already claimed and have multiple scum candidates to not try and confirm one of those before you go down.

I'm definitely interested in seeing your case on diqnol.

---

Agreed. I also though he was playing things pretty townie, but his answers to why he copped MMM are rubbing me the wrong way. I'd really like to see his case on diqnol because he was pushing for him yesterday at the end but never provided very good reasoning. I guess I'm interested in whatever he has to say about Opop too but Opop is his usual easy target self.

To answer MMM's question about my read on Hal: null-lean-scum. I haven't seen any strong opinions from him, but that seems par for the course. Thinking critically about it, I'm hesitant to vote there because of GG's dying - I feel like scum was trying to set up a mislynch on me or Hal today and don't want to walk into that, but admit that's more of an emotional thought process than a logical one.

My heart says that Grandi is a scum cop, so I'm going to ##vote Grandicap and encourage people to speak their mind on if they agree with me or not. I would also vote Hal or EXAKT (whose posting style seems distinctly different from his normal tone)

Are people around? Everyone should probably name their top suspect and reasons at this point given how close to deadline we are.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

The first is that based on nightkill and draft order stuff, I believe MMT is the vigilante and the vigilante is scum.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

like her entire post history fits into the perspective of scum vigilante high on the draft order
1. I share MMT's perspective on this: I thought you went for a protective role not the vig. It doesn't fit idk. Like I explained previously, it makes me suspicious of you not her.

2. The best argument is the same one I'm making for Opop: that scum want cop-Grandi dead in thread so they don't have to risk the kill on him. But I think MMT's trajectory of opinion feels real.

I wouldn't vote her.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Votecount for Day 3

Grandicap (2): Opopanax, Murmur Twin
Opopanax (2): yuming, EXAKT Science
Murmur Twin (1): GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, MMM Whatchya Say

Not Voting (3): Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, oxidation

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 08th, 2015 at 4 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 21 minutes.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Opop is the right choice here. He is not engaging in discussion and digging his heels in about Grandi, because he wants the cop lynched.

Do it to it.

Opopanax posted:

##vote grandi

MMT was clearly joking, grandi looks to me like someone eager to jump on a target without fully reading everything that's going on

Opopanax posted:

Oh hey, deadline's tonight. ##vote birdstrike I think MMT made another good catch there

Opopanax posted:

##vote grandi no way you don't check me unless you are a scum cop and don't want to confirm me
The last Grandi vote it Opop's only post today. Ummm nope dude is scum.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'm suspicious of MMM for his weird case and the reasons I explained here.

I'm trying to imagine how he could be a scum with Grandi as town (because I really think Grandi is town.) The only thing I can come up with is one of the nine letter ~secret~ roles was Godfather.

Hmmm it's p tenuous thought but I really hate his case aaaa idk.

Let's lynch Opop k?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
oxi man, you really need to make votes and opinions K?

The deadline is hella soon!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
HELLO MY DEAR TOWNSFOLK WHERE YOU AT?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

yuming posted:

I'm trying to imagine how he could be a scum with Grandi as town (because I really think Grandi is town.) The only thing I can come up with is one of the nine letter ~secret~ roles was Godfather.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I didn't read that cos I thought it was flavor :sparkles:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

well I'm leaving for work now :eng99:

##vote opop I guess that's the next best thing but pleh plah and garbage upon all of you, my case was perfect.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm right and you'll all be sorry

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote opop

I am in meetings through deadline.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh wow deadline is soon... Ok let melaws what's up here

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Grandicap posted:

I am not a fan of you this game Opop. Let it be known.

Your interactions on voting me seem off somehow. I'm not sure I can wordify it, but it does not seem to come from a place that is on the up-and-up.

Grandicap posted:

I don't cop scum candidates typically, I go for people that will be around for a while and that I don't have a read on.

If I can get off of my rear end long enough to make a case on Opop or Diqnol then I will make a case on Opop or Diqnol and end with hopefully getting them lunched.

Grandicap posted:

I targetted MMM because he is near the top of the draft list, but not super top so not a kill target. I think diqnol or opop are on the top of my list for the day.,

I think Grandi is a way better vote than Opop and would ask people (a) to consider the likelihood of Grandi thinking Opop is scum but not copping him and (b) to share their thoughts on the matter.

oxidation
May 22, 2011
##vote Opopanax

Really sorry that I barely gave any input for this, but I can agree with the case for him.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Opopanax, we hardly knew ye :(

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Opopanax, Town, Vanilla was lynched.

Night actions.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Opopanax (5): yuming, EXAKT Science, MMM Whatchya Say, Grandicap, oxidation
Grandicap (2): Opopanax, Murmur Twin
Murmur Twin (0): GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, MMM Whatchya Say, MMM Whatchya Say

Not Voting (1): Hal Incandenza

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 08th, 2015 at 4 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 29 minutes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
MMM Whatcha Say, Town, Vanilla, was killed.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (8): EXAKT Science, Grandicap, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, Hal Incandenza, Murmur Twin, Opopanax, oxidation, yuming

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 12th, 2015 at 4 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 3 hours.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal is TOWN.

• Locked thread