Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

oh can we only talk about things that matter??? is that it??? is that how this is gonna go?? FINE

im going to go watch "ZOMBEAVERS" tomorrow

Oh we can totally talk about things that don't matter. That's this entire thread. I'm just saying it doesn't matter what Rowling says now compared to what she wrote then. She has changed her mind and if she wrote the books now they could be different. Gulag, you can believe the hat works however you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
gulag you do not seem very calm right now

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

well what she wrote then doesn't really make sense, unless everyone in the universe has brain damage from magic whiplash, which is possible.

i know i am calm because i took the calm drugs

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Harper lee is going to have boo radley be a child murderer in the new book

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The mechanics are secondary to the narrative. It's magic, it does whatever it needs to do to push the plot where the author wants it to. I never said she was a good writer, just that she owns her own fantasy and it does as she says.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i just tried to watch five youtube videos at once to save time and it didn't work

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

do you think greedo shot first amoeba

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Funny, I almost used that as an example.
Depends which version you watch. I do prefer the characterisation of Han where he shoots first. Less of a sap. But both versions are equally valid interpretations of the narrative. Han can shoot first or second, just choose what you prefer - it doesn't matter which. Canon is meaningless.

It's like when adaptions don't stick 100% to the source material. I'm not screaming "THERE WERE NO ELVES AT HELM'S DEEP!" because I just see the movies as an alternate version of the same overall story.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

sometimes i skip several pages of mafia chat and just post like i am now

also i originally wrote ravenclaw chat lol

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, same. I check the page where I had read up to last, then just skip to the end. Do the same thing with books and you can get through so many.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

in my world view there is a zero percent chance that greedo ever shot first and anyone who thinks that he did is a piece of %$@Y&#@

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

It's Schrodinger's Blaster. Han shoots both first and second till you watch the movie and the waveform collapses.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

All the fun people played Pokemon.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they shot at the same time, Han is just a better shot

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Hey Meinberg, I still have your:

[Mafialike] Unsealing Chapter 1: Terror in Constantinople

...bookmarked. And apparently it got archived? What happened with that. I can't figure out how to remove it now :v:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The red buttons on the far right of your user control panel bookmark list.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Somberbrero posted:

(download link)Nain is the Harry Potter roleplaying game I always wanted.

Now I just have to transition this to Savage Worlds ....

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Apparently my wand is 13 3/4 inch hawthorn, with a Phoenix feather core and unbending flexibility.

Also I got Slytherin lol

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Gulag would probably be Slytherin because he is evil.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Slytherins aren't evil ._.

We are the 1%, respect.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i should be slytherin this is an outraaaaage

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I didn't say all Slytherins were evil, I said that Gulag would be a Slytherin because he is evil, and Slytherin is a good house for evil people.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Voldemort Was Right

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I can't believe I got Hufflepuff! This poo poo is rigged. Also my wang is made of ash with a unicorn core and is 10 inches and hard. :heysexy:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hey guys, at least none of us are gryffindor further cementing that no one actually values courage over everything else

well maybe except dentists

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

also what happened to us - we're relying on an external site to give us our buzzfeed hit for today

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

busb posted:

i should be slytherin this is an outraaaaage
are you a Huffle and Puffle?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think Trip is a Gryffindor.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Tremendous Taste posted:

Voldemort Was Right

I've always wondered what Voldemort's endgame was if he had defeated Harry Potter. Based on his meddling in the West Country and the intrusion of Dementors into everyday life, he doesn't seem content with just ruling Magical!Britain. Does Lord Voldemort want to rule as a shadow government over the British Muggles, or is his goal to destroy the Statute of Secrecy and rule directly over both domains?

I would also ask if he's expansionist and whether the rest of the Magical World plans on doing anything about Magical Hitler, but we don't know much about the magical community outside Harry Potter's life.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voldemort was plotting to bring the world's greatest evil to the wizarding community: Obamacare.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i have the same backpack

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JakeP posted:

i have the same backpack

I'm envious. I don't have a back, my head attaches directly to my waist and my arms grow out from where my ears would be. Oh the backpacks I have seen that I can never wear.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

I'm envious. I don't have a back, my head attaches directly to my waist and my arms grow out from where my ears would be. Oh the backpacks I have seen that I can never wear.

if you have ear arms just hang the shoulder straps over your ears and youl be aight

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I always assumed Voldemort was the world domination type

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Tremendous Taste posted:

I always assumed Voldemort was the world domination type

Yeah, but how he goes about it is important. Is he going to go for a shock and awe campaign, revealing himself in horrific fashion to stun the Muggles into submission, or does he have his followers subvert and infiltrate Muggle governments so as to avoid real resistance?

The guy never really struck me as subtle, so I assume the former. Attempting to secretly subvert foreign countries would probably fail when people start asking important questions, like why the Lincoln Memorial been replaced with Merlin sitting on a throne of skulls and weeping children.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Did anybody ever think to throw a big rock at Voldemort?

Would've solved a lot of problems IMO.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Wasn't there a subplot about him wanting to out wizards?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

In other JK Rowling after-the-fact improvements I like that she clarified a muggle with a gun could ice a wizard no problem lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

In other JK Rowling after-the-fact improvements I like that she clarified a muggle with a gun could ice a wizard no problem lol

The author is dead op.