Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm sorry but if opop was scum and a vote away from winning you are not going to convince me he was here 10 mins before deadline and wasn't paying attention at the actual end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yes the somber Hal opop scum team that had two of my scumbuddies voting me at the end of the day. Rather than either of them making an attempt to win the game.

Please make a case for somber and I to be scum together that makes sense.

bussing? critical scumteam failure? I don't know and I don't care, I just really think you're scum, Hal, and I know I'm town going down and it's bullshit. your defenses have constantly been "I'm just TOO SCUMMY to be scum!", which is total bullcrap and you drat well know it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm sorry but if opop was scum and a vote away from winning you are not going to convince me he was here 10 mins before deadline and wasn't paying attention at the actual end.

luckily I don't have to convince you because you're scum

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

And I've shown plenty of reasons why we should actually talk about it rather than just VOTE VOTE VOTE and be done.

If they were good reasons we wouldn't be voting you.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

If they were good reasons we wouldn't be voting you.

how is "my play this game strongly suggests I am town + the setup strongly suggests we shouldn't treat any cop investigation as sacrosanct" bad reasons?

Pig you unvoted me yesterday because you saw my posting as townie, what changed your mind?

I need you here. I need you to at least unvote me and consider your position, because if you're wrong it's the end of the game, and as the townie putting in the most effort here I don't want you going "lol whatever" at this.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I mean really Pig, do you remember how, when you claimed to be roleblocked night 1, Hal actually prodded you for more information? You remember how after that you've been roleblocked every night?

It's because Hal, scum, is on a team with a roleblocker and he wanted to know if his team should continue targeting you. It's right there!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Other than being loud what suggests you are playing a strong town game ecco? You just saying it isn't enough

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Hal Incandenza posted:

Other than being loud what suggests you are playing a strong town game ecco? You just saying it isn't enough

Why Hal I am glad you asked that because I've said it before and linked back to it multiple times!

quote:

Sure:

- I've been making cases and responding to other's cases all game
- I've been prodding others to post and trying to get them to express their thoughts
- I without hesitation posted Kumba's MMM result, because it was information beneficial for the town to know (I as scum would have kept that secret and feigned ignorance/whatever if the provider ever asked).
- I didn't reverse my feelings on Kumba just because he claimed a scum result against me (even if convincing the town he's lying would have been the more optimal method for my survival)

The only reason Kumba says he investigated me is because he had a niggling feeling in the back of his head, which happens with my posts regardless of alignment. It's just unfortunate his result is wrong and it might cost the game, and I really would prefer the town pull this one out of the fire, especially if the scum have been lurking to victory.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

I mean really Pig, do you remember how, when you claimed to be roleblocked night 1, Hal actually prodded you for more information? You remember how after that you've been roleblocked every night?

It's because Hal, scum, is on a team with a roleblocker and he wanted to know if his team should continue targeting you. It's right there!

Or... I was suspicious of pigs suspicious claim and he kept making his own big deal about it so I wanted to prod him.

Also my defense isn't what you claim. Yesterday I said that my play didn't make sense as scum, but since then I have made other points and given thoughts about lots of players.

Read back to recently completed hip hopfia and see a carbon copy of this game where I did nothing for two days and then listed out all the players on D3 and named all the town and scum players almost perfectly and we went on a streak and won the game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Gee Ecco all that good play hasn't led to you being right ever so your cases really haven't been that hot.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also my defense isn't what you claim. Yesterday I said that my play didn't make sense as scum, but since then I have made other points and given thoughts about lots of players.

yeah after you had your feet to the fire, late into day 3. Like even if you're town Hal that's still super loving lovely.

quote:

Read back to recently completed hip hopfia and see a carbon copy of this game where I did nothing for two days and then listed out all the players on D3 and named all the town and scum players almost perfectly and we went on a streak and won the game.
cool story too bad you didn't do that this game because I'm town :sax:

But way to go champ glad you rocked Hip Hopfia, I am sorry this game wasn't as deserving of your time and attention but what can you do right? Mafia, it's a hard game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Hal Incandenza posted:

Gee Ecco all that good play hasn't led to you being right ever so your cases really haven't been that hot.
Gee Hal in another post I've been linking that you clearly didn't read:

EccoRaven posted:

My case on zzyzx and my votes on derp and Anon were wrong, which is why I'm not pretending I'm the Townies Town to Ever Town a Town (though in my defense I think the cases were objectively okay), but it's also why a scum framer/busdriver/whatever targeting me makes a lot of sense (and makes sense in the context of a game with a pumped-up cop).

When there's role stuff floating about the right answer is to always just consider it as one bit of information floating among the whole. My posting and my play doesn't read like scum (and believe me I'm always aware of how I'm posting). It reads like (frustrated) town.

I think Hal is scum. I think the evidence is there for him being scum. I think we as a town risk throwing the game away voting for me, and I really, really don't want scum to win this through apathy.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

yeah after you had your feet to the fire, late into day 3. Like even if you're town Hal that's still super loving lovely.

cool story too bad you didn't do that this game because I'm town :sax:

But way to go champ glad you rocked Hip Hopfia, I am sorry this game wasn't as deserving of your time and attention but what can you do right? Mafia, it's a hard game.

Actually my point was that I started paying attention in that game the same time as I did in this one but way to spin more bs.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Hal Incandenza posted:

Actually my point was that I started paying attention in that game the same time as I did in this one but way to spin more bs.

way to go champ you're a real winner, signing up for multiple mafia games and lurking until day 3, you're a great person who does great things with your life and moderators should definitely be happy to have you in their games.

Hal imagine it from my perspective. Imagine I'm town and you're town and we're both in some kind of misunderstanding (that is ultimately irrelevant because if I'm town then we're all going to lose anyway because of Kumba's uncritical cop investigation but I digress). Do you see where I am coming from here, Hal? You act as a complete non-entity all game, when you do come in you post bad things that make strategic sense for scum to post, and then Day 3 the town throws a tantrum over not wanting to vote you. I mean what the heck right?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

Gee Hal in another post I've been linking that you clearly didn't read:

Yes and your case/vote on me is wrong too. That's my point. And no I can't really read back on you because I am working and posting on my shifty phone so my apologies my good ecco

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yes and your case/vote on me is wrong too. That's my point.

and people are wrong to vote me, too, isn't that exciting. The difference is, though, the people voting me are going to actually cost us the game, whereas my vote on you is just spit in the wind.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
okay I'm going to focus on my game and stop obsessively refreshing this page. I've said my piece and have said it again and again and again, doing it any more isn't more likely to actually change minds.

I am vanilla town, if you vote me the game ends, but nobody seems to care either way so why should I?

tooooooodles~

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

way to go champ you're a real winner, signing up for multiple mafia games and lurking until day 3, you're a great person who does great things with your life and moderators should definitely be happy to have you in their games.

Hal imagine it from my perspective. Imagine I'm town and you're town and we're both in some kind of misunderstanding (that is ultimately irrelevant because if I'm town then we're all going to lose anyway because of Kumba's uncritical cop investigation but I digress). Do you see where I am coming from here, Hal? You act as a complete non-entity all game, when you do come in you post bad things that make strategic sense for scum to post, and then Day 3 the town throws a tantrum over not wanting to vote you. I mean what the heck right?

That's not very fair ecco. I give all games equal attention no matter how many I am in and frankly opop is a much worse offs Der than me in every regard when it comes to your accusations. I didn't willfully ignore this game or any game. I have a much different schedule and work situation than most players and at times it happens that I can't post much other than very brief thoughts on a day or two. The later in a game it gets the more I will put aside other important things in life to focus on the game. That's true regardless of alignment and anyone who has played with me regularly for years.

I'm sorry if you are offended by the effort I put in but that's just my life.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

how is "my play this game strongly suggests I am town + the setup strongly suggests we shouldn't treat any cop investigation as sacrosanct" bad reasons?

Pig you unvoted me yesterday because you saw my posting as townie, what changed your mind?

I need you here. I need you to at least unvote me and consider your position, because if you're wrong it's the end of the game, and as the townie putting in the most effort here I don't want you going "lol whatever" at this.

Now is the time where it is actually important to really pay attention to cop results, this late in the game.

There has been absolutely no other reports of night action fuckery aside from me being roleblocked every night.

So yeah, you just saying "My play is townie guys!" really doesn't do it for me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Alright, I'm convinced.

##vote Ecco

Also did anyone get Kumba's results last night?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

Now is the time where it is actually important to really pay attention to cop results, this late in the game.

This is the opposite of correct.

CapitalistPig posted:

There has been absolutely no other reports of night action fuckery aside from me being roleblocked every night.
I don't think there are any other power roles this game (NOBODY ELSE CLAIM), so.

CapitalistPig posted:

So yeah, you just saying "My play is townie guys!" really doesn't do it for me.

okay sure okay then why did you unvote me at all yesterday?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

So once somber and whoever else hasn't checks in and you still are alive ecco what then?

Or are you telling your scumbros to not come back until you get a town vote on me?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

Alright, I'm convinced.

##vote Ecco

ok yeah I'm done for.

bye guys~

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Oh boy, Ecco is really flailing now.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I still want to hear from somber before the day ends

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

I still want to hear from somber before the day ends

hey. i have a meeting sometime in the next half hour i think, but i'll try to get back to the thread afterwards.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
so i'm still waiting around but I have a couple thoughts.

if ecco's town then i'm having a really hard time seeing how he didn't die yesterday. ecco i know that probably pisses you off but honestly it doesn't matter much because you'd say anything to stay alive in this situation whether town or scum, so i think you can spare the effort. the ad hom attacks today bummed me out because i don't think town make them very often.

hal still makes a lot of sense to me but i think i have to let that go in the face of how deadline played out.

fv makes a good point about opop. i'd been working off the idea of a hal/opop scumteam but now i'm considering an ecco/opop scumteam. fv has always been a blindspot for me but trusting her is one of the few things i feel solid about right now.

i guess i haven't played much since day one, sorry guys.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I apologize. I've been dealing with some poo poo and have been kind of sleepwalking through life for the last week or so. I will make this game a priority today

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

I apologize. I've been dealing with some poo poo and have been kind of sleepwalking through life for the last week or so. I will make this game a priority today

OK, well make up for it tomorrow by voting Somber buddy. ##vote Ecco

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:zombie:

"Freedom!- is the fatuous jingle of our civilization, but only those deprived of it have the barest inkling re: what the stuff actually is."

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
:redhammer:

Votecount for Day 4

EccoRaven (4): CapitalistPig, Opopanax, Asiina, Hal Incandenza
Hal Incandenza (1): EccoRaven

Not Voting (2): fiery_valkyrie, Somberbrero

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 09th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 6 hours.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I am comfortable with this vote though. It's not just the cop thing, I also really don't like Ecco's reaction and it's how I would react as caught scum

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh, well nevermind then

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

This could not be happening.

This was Brenna Flynn's thing to win. She was in the Georgia Pageant Association's record books for most pageant's won in the tri-county area by someone 17 or younger. This was her spotlight! And now a collection of dweebs and loser and people whom she would say "nice dress...NOT" to in the hallways of Blissgrave Private Academy were claiming she cheated and killed an old lady or something.

RUDE!

Look, just because these basic bitches think they can mess with the best they can't be claiming that she wanted to destroy everything. That would be crazy. No they can't look in her giant wardrobe that she brings to every competition. No she can't explain the large numbers of knives, molotovs and weapon-grade plutonium lip gloss tubes she had.

YOU'RE ALL JUST JEALOUS!

EccoRaven (Brenna Flynn, the Pageant Champ), Destruction-Aligned Roleblocker was disqualified D4!

N4 starts now y'all!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well there you go. Even if I'm only half here I'm still right all the time

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
yay that means im gonna die tonight!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Also did anyone get Kumba's results last night?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

The attempts to diffuse Brenna's various highly-flammable and dangerous weapons leads to a delay by the organizers and everyone has to pitch it. Someone finally brings in a cooler of water, and the remaining contestants/judges share a moments respite from the pain and dread that has been spreading through the pageant. Maybe everything will be okay?

All the survivors know is that this show isn't over yet, and somebody has to win Miss Congeniality.

Nobody was disqualified last night!

Day 5 begins... NOW!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (6): Asiina, CapitalistPig, fiery_valkyrie, Hal Incandenza, Opopanax, Somberbrero

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 11th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I ate it this time.

I ate my own truffle and it worked.

Too bad Ecco wasn't around to block ol' pig again.

• Locked thread