Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Please keep inappropriate and/or creepy posting to a minimum. Also be careful to :nws: your gifs.
[OP's Note: This was formerly the Monmusu thread. It's been repurposed to a Monster Girl general thread after the series finished airing.]

Monster girls! Following the incredible success of VEGETA favorite Monmusu, Monster Girls have entered a golden age of popularity in Japanese culture. Nonetheless, they've been a part of anime from the very beginnings. Below are a few series both new and old that heavily feature the subject.

Monster Musume (Everyday Life with Monster Girls)
Three years ago, the world came to know of the existence of humanoid beast creatures after the government decided to stop hiding their existence from the world. It was decided that they would be integrated into human society, and thus the "Cultural Exchange Between Species Bill" was created. Since then, the cultural exchange program became a huge success helping many species integrate into human society.
The big one that started this thread. The classic harem anime, but with Monster Girls! Delightfully well drawn and animated, with an actual justification about why the protagonist doesn't make a move already. Has an anime adaptation, as well as a licensed translation! Go buy it, for yourself and your friends!

Centaur's Worries
Himeno is a sweet, shy little centaur girl. In her world, everyone seems to be a supernatural creature, and all her classmates have some kind of horns, wings, tails, halos, or other visible supernatural body part. Despite their supernatural elements, Himeno and her best friends, Nozomi and Kyoko, have a fun and mostly normal daily school life!
What if, instead of evolving to have four limbs, we evolved to have six? A cute series that follows a centaur's daily life. The first chapter is a bit :wtc:, but for the most part it's pretty tame, and incredibly cute. Features centaur Obama.

Bird Café
Two harpy sisters attempt to run a café. Follows an everyday officer worker as he attempts to help them progress beyond serving a neapolitan made out of worms. Lots of buff birds. Really cute and heavily recommended! The result of a amateur winning a contest with a rather wonderful one-shot.

Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon
Kobayashi lives alone in an apartment, until one day, Tooru appeared and they ended up living together. Tooru looks down on humans as inferior and foolish. But having been saved by Kobayashi-san, she does everything she can to repay the debt and help her with various things, although not everything goes according to plan. A mythical everyday life comedy about a hard working office lady living with a dragon girl.
A really rather sweet series. The token yuri comic in list.

Hitomi's Infirmary
A new monstergirl series running in Comic Ryu that follows Hitomi, a cyclops that works as a nurse at a school, and the many students that come to her for help with their human (and not-so-human) problems.
I've not personally been keeping up with this one, but it's popular amongst VEGETA regulars.

Gokicha!!
Behold the the struggle of the adorable little cockroach Gokicha-chan as she struggles to make friends with humans after moving to frigid Hokkaido to escape the unfortunate reputation her species enjoys in the Kanto region.
Cockroach girl struggles desperately to survive. Heartwarming series. You should read this.

Kanojyo wa Rokurokubi
Kanoi Natsuki and her childhood friend Itsuki visit the same school and there seems to be more between them besides friendship. As a Rokurokubi, her quirk of stretching her neck is normal for her and her surroundings, but it's not always her choice to stretch it and although she has feelings for Itsuki, she can't tell him what she feels. Ultimately, she has to go through misunderstandings and shame. Itsuki, meanwhile, manages to make any awkward situations dissolve... or maybe not!? It's cute and it's a romance and stuff actually progresses in the relationship for once.

T-REX na Kanojo
Ex-delinquent meets feral T-rex girl. A heartwarming romance ensues.

Shinkaigyo no Anko-san
Girl meets fish-girl. A series about mermaids by an author who loves his fish. It used to be in scanlation hell but it's finally started updating again! Also the token Yuri series, maybe.

Ore no Kanojo ni Nanika Youkai
Dude falls in love with a Yuki-Onna. Unfortunately she melts whenever he shows affection. Just started but so far so good!

Mill
College student Aki is shocked when a teenage girl suddenly barges into his Tokyo apartment, acting as if he should know her. When the truth becomes clear, the situation is even stranger. The 'teenage girl' is actually his precious pet cat Mill from his home in Kyushu, who is apparently an 86 year old 'monster cat' who can change between cat and human forms. Will Aki be able to fit his supernatural pet cat into his ordinary college life?
Really sweet and good and everything I'm listing is good just read it all!

Ikamusume
The sea in our world has been polluted. All sort of trash have been thrown into the sea, making it unpleasant to live underwater. One of the inhabitants of the sea, Ika Musume (Squid Girl) seeks to exact revenge on humanity for throwing trash into the sea. Clueless about the surface, she tries to invade humanity alone and rule over the world, only to find herself slaving away at one of the nearest beach houses for breaking a side of its wall.
Squid Girl! If you don't know what this is about stop what you're doing and watch it! There's even a decent dub.

everythingWasBees fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Sep 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Miia is best girl.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please be cool and not creepy, thanks.

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

im going to marry a lamia

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

these guys are merciless trolls

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Please post a picture of the best girl TYIA

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I want to gently caress and suck the Spider, Snake, Centaur, Zombie and Oni. Done.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

everythingWasBees posted:

Miia is best girl.

Wrong.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I liked the manga when it was just a story about a guy and his cute lamia girlfriend. I lost interest once it became a harem thing.

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.

Davincie posted:

these guys are merciless trolls

Is there a merciless troll girl yet?

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

spider lady ftw!!

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Let's all share the monster girls, and take turns having sex with them.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

Let's all share the monster girls, and take turns having sex with them.

You're gonna contract MonSTDs from having sex with all those MusuMonsters.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm probably not going to watch this show but I hope it's good and this thread does well

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

if it's good enough for bees and plutonis, it's good enough for me

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

spider lady ftw!!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Didn't this start as a series of sexual webcomic strips? I'm still flabbergasted that it has gone so far.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm not

:greencube:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Breasts are already very powerful, and when you attach a giant muscular snake tail to them they become unstoppable.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
The only thing better than a woman with two sexy legs is one with eight.

:getin:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cynic Jester posted:

The only thing better than a woman with two sexy legs is one with eight.

:getin:

I checked the tier list and it confirms spider > Ms. Smith > everyone else.

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

chumbler posted:

I checked the tier list and it confirms spider > Ms. Smith > everyone else.

Ms.Smith wins and proves once and for all that man is the greatest monster.

lick it or ticket fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jul 9, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm like halfway into the first episode and she's almost killed this guy three times.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Beef Chief posted:

I'm like halfway into the first episode and she's almost killed this guy three times.

It's the harem version of final destination.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
This is a glorious show and I'm glad it got made. It's going to be very silly.

Still say Smith might be best girl.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Beef Chief posted:

Spoiler: MC is not actually human, but a humanoid species with extreme stamina and regeneration.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
okay so by my count the main character nearly died four times

Waking up and being strangled
Being strangled by jealousy
Having his arm destroyed in another strangle
Being thrown through the lingerie store

This is gonna be the most harem anime.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

YOTC posted:

This is a glorious show and I'm glad it got made. It's going to be very silly.

Still say Smith might be best girl.

This is also an acceptable answer.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Miss Smith owned though, yeah

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Beef Chief posted:

Now add like five more girls nearly killing him and you get an idea of what the show is hopefully going to be like.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh no, I'm keeping count to make this more fun.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

It becomes a plotpoint.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Beef Chief posted:

Pretty sure the word is "constricted."

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Beef Chief posted:

Yeah that guy sure does fall down a lot. Must have some sort of inner ear infection.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
idgaf what it's called

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
That's racist.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
What's the eta for the dullahan girl

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

She's relatively recent so she'll probably be towards the end of the series, if even. Might not include her arc at all, since she's missing from the OP.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Should I watch this show? Y/N

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Should I watch this show? Y/N

Y

• Locked thread