Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Better here than in the awful thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I don't care about the English dub at all go talk about it on the UBW anime thread.

go make a lovely mugen character about it

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm gonna watch kara no kyoukai 6

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Fairies are only one step up from elves, so I'm hype for shiki to cut them

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm glad that we can explore the deep character of not-shikis imouto

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

This movie was p. Average

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Movie 6 is just OK yeah. 7 is mostly decent but 5 is the one with the actual big payoff/climax.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Nate RFB posted:

Movie 6 is just OK yeah. 7 is mostly decent but 5 is the one with the actual big payoff/climax.

You also get two epilogues and another 1 hour extra movie. (I honestly liked Mirai Fukuin almost as much as Spiral Paradox.)

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
I really liked Movie 7, maybe even more than 5. I guess it all depends on how you feel about Mikiya/the villain though.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The licking/drooling thing was a bit much, as I recall it.

Also the first epilogue is kind of peak Nasu :words: and not that good IMO, at least as an ending since it was the last thing animated for a long while. It's not as bad with Future Gospel around.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Movie 5 is still my absolute favorite. I've gotten a fair few IRL people to check out KnK on the strength of the scene where Shiki tears through a shitload of zombies alone.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Movie 6 just didn't add anything to the series, really just felt like it's just there to help make 7

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Pretty much. I'm okay with 6 though, it alludes to the Origins thing if you listen to Azaka's convo with Shiki. That and I kinda like Azaka despite her dumb bro love.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Namtab posted:

Movie 6 just didn't add anything to the series, really just felt like it's just there to help make 7
It's widely considered the lowpoint of the entire series, and it certainly doesn't help matters that the director kind of completely changed the ending from the original (from what I understand). That said, when I recently rewatched it I couldn't help but have a massive grin on my face whenever the dog was on screen so that's always a plus.

Thankfully, Movies 7 and 8 are usually considered the best right after Movie 5, so it's all uphill from here... except for that epilogue if you choose to watch it.

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
The series has its low points, but overall it is memorable in a good way. And that's the only thing that matters really.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
One's enjoyment of Movie 6 is pretty directly proportional to one's enjoyment of Azaka, and I have to say I like Azaka quite a bit. It's definitely the least KnK of all the movies, but I'd probably put it 2nd or 3rd (1 and 3 are tied for me).

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Beef Chief posted:

Here's the trailer, gently caress piss rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDFWHD9cm-E

i was all ready to call you a gently caress but goddamn that's pretty bad.

only good voice there was Saber.

e: And Kirei, Crispin Freeman rules as usual.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 8, 2015

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Rin sounds really miscast to me. The rest don't sound...awful.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Im really mad, mad about a dub nobody sane would watch

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
shut up, batman

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Namtab posted:

Im really mad, mad about a dub nobody sane would watch

I shan't.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?
I will watch the dub and only the dub. :smug:

I've never seen the Kara no Kyoukai movies. Think I'll fix that. Even though I hear they're not chronological, I just watch 1 > end right?

e- First movie watched. Pretty okay but kinda slow I wanna say?

Zeratanis fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jul 9, 2015

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Zeratanis posted:

I will watch the dub and only the dub. :smug:

I've never seen the Kara no Kyoukai movies. Think I'll fix that. Even though I hear they're not chronological, I just watch 1 > end right?

e- First movie watched. Pretty okay but kinda slow I wanna say?

Yeah, just watch the order in which they were released to get the full experience.

rvm
May 6, 2013
Speaking of KnK, watched the epilogue for the first time a few days ago and can't stop smiling when I remember it.

Never change, Nasu. Never change.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Chaotic Flame posted:

Rin sounds really miscast to me. The rest don't sound...awful.

Lancer and Kirei were the only good voices.

The others were poo poo. Like...the Fate/Zero dub was pretty good (comparatively). Did they just get a different (shittier) voice director for this project or something?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The voice acting of the Zero dub trailer was really bad sounding and in no way reflected the quality of the actual dub. When the UBW dub comes out it will probably be very much the same, because I'm almost certain Oliver was the voice director of the Zero dub too.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

In episode 3 of the dub, the voices all seemed too high pitched. Even Archer's.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Arcueid could beat Saber Alter in a burger eating contest if she could safely reality marble the inside of her mouth/stomach.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

Arcueid could beat Saber Alter in a burger eating contest if she could safely reality marble the inside of her mouth/stomach.

Correcting a joke is probably too spergy even for this thread, but I'm gonna do it anyways. True Ancestors don't have Reality Marbles.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

At least mention that Arcueid has a Marble Phantasm, instead.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Speaking of Reality Marbles, I've been wondering: Is "Grand Reality Marble" an actual term for the area where Gaia's physics apply, or is it just fanon?

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

I'm always serious about powerlevel discussion

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I'm late to the party but I did watch the Deen version at one point. Liam O'Brian as Archer just felt so off as archer. I never got sold on him playing the role

Stevefin fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 14, 2015

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I haven't seen most of the DEEN show, just the one ep with UBW in it, but he carries that drat scene

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Jay O posted:

Quick notes on the sequels: Fate/stay Night UBW completely Shat The Bed Oh My God You Don't Know You Just Don't Even Know, and it wouldn't be so bad except that Type-Moonies are the literal worst fandom in creation short of maybe bronies but I think they could give the bronies a run for it, because they made managing that show and its editorial a living hell from the beginning but became ten thousand times worse in its second half. Anyway, the second half of FSN UBW was so sanctimonious, anticlimactic, gross, and just plain un-fun that it totally soured the first half for me and a lot of other tentative fans of the new series. (But we're filthy secondaries, so we don't matter to the True Fans.)

There aren't enough :laffo:s in the world.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ann is run by children

there is an article on their website telling the story of a dude who watched hentai 3 days after 9/11, and how this was a small but triumphant victory for america

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I don't think we should care what the bad critic wrote.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

I remember staying up all night to sit in the hentai video room with about 20 fans as they got to see Night Shift Nurses uncut for the first time, and were jumping up and down screaming in giddy revulsion... It filled me with pride to be a New Yorker, and to be able to have a day to day life that, in a forced, juvenile way, could be thought of as a middle finger to the terrorists by simply continuing as normal.

It ended up being a healing weekend, after all.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

in a sense, the towers never went down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

in a sense, the towers never went down

lol