Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Lurdiak posted:

There's never anywhere interesting to fly to in that game, though.

yeah true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I used to be a pretty big Homestuck fan and even made embarrassing fan contributions I regret to this day before I realized it was just going nowhere fast, and I feel bad that they got screwed, but I also have to ask why in the gently caress they didn't draft up a properly binding legal contract, did they just hand over money and go 'welp make game please' :confused:

I also have to ask why these guys are making a new King's Quest, I mean it's an old and dead franchise so it probably isn't hard to pick up, but all they've made is some pie game and a bad Gaiman game

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Black August posted:

I also have to ask why these guys are making a new King's Quest, I mean it's an old and dead franchise so it probably isn't hard to pick up, but all they've made is some pie game and a bad Gaiman game

Probably some mixture of "people will buy/back this no matter what because it says King's Quest on it and there's no bottom of the well when it comes to nerdy nostalgia", and "it's a passion project because someone in a high-up position working on it really liked King's Quest as a kid".

Why either of those things is the case I have no idea because the KQ games are terrible, but hey!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Black August posted:

I used to be a pretty big Homestuck fan and even made embarrassing fan contributions I regret to this day before I realized it was just going nowhere fast, and I feel bad that they got screwed, but I also have to ask why in the gently caress they didn't draft up a properly binding legal contract, did they just hand over money and go 'welp make game please' :confused:

they were the lowest bidder and sierra stands to lose nothing on the project anyway

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Kids these days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF3LXinSgIU

So another Rayman Jungle Run?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

People are loving retarded and don't understand how tvs work

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
That was informative

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
why is cardboard box a wearing a bad purple wig and a urnicorn horn

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Cardboard Box A posted:

So another Rayman Jungle Run?
From the trailer it looks like you can actually control the character so I wonder how it's going to work, control wise. Jungle/Fiesta Run you could only jump, punch, etc.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

how much saints row IV do i need to play before i can fly around? driving loving sucks.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

how much saints row IV do i need to play before i can fly around? driving loving sucks.

Like 10 minutes from what I remember. It's not long anyway.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Like 10 minutes from what I remember. It's not long anyway.

thanks. i got to the open world and the first thing it wants is me to waste money on car customization and i got worried.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Real hurthling! posted:

You don't get to fly in 4, you just do super-jumps and glides like in Prototype. Gat Out Of Hell is the one where you can fly.

You unlock the super jump pretty early in the game, upgrade it a few times and you'll never need to drive again. Same with super speed once you get the vortex upgrade that makes you push aside everything in your path.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
August Games chat: It is possible I'm playing the game wrong

just wanted to write that one down in case i forget or someone else makes the thread

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
That's a good one

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

precision posted:

August Games chat: It is possible I'm playing the game wrong

just wanted to write that one down in case i forget or someone else makes the thread

I'm gonna steal that from you when no one acknowledges your thread as valid

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
why is taint reaper on a 1 week probation

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

'anime' in GBS

it was actually MLP

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Hey remember SHADOW WARRIOR REBOOT? Well now it's Borderlands, complete with numbers popping out of enemies and 4 player coop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSeBcZR2pI8

Quest For Glory II posted:

From the trailer it looks like you can actually control the character so I wonder how it's going to work, control wise. Jungle/Fiesta Run you could only jump, punch, etc.
Huh, we'll see how it goes. Left<>Right and Jump/Attack are doable on a touchscreen, just harder.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I want to use a fallout 2 save editor to bring back a missed quest that I only missed due to working around a dumb bug, but I don't know which values to edit. I'm pretty sure the people at the NMA forums would be able to tell me, but I really don't want to interact with them if I can avoid it.

My life is average.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

shadow warrior 2 has wolverine claws and dying light style parkour? i'm sold.

the current game is really cool but leaves a lot to be desired in its rated encounter based combat, key hunting level progression, and slooooow trickle of new weapons, enemies, and powers

opening up the levels a bit, having a friend along with you, etc will go a long way.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jul 9, 2015

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
FFV is the first mobile game I've purchased, and it's not only great fun, it's amazing on long rear end flights.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gaming: dead

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Nasgate posted:

FFV is the first mobile game I've purchased, and it's not only great fun, it's amazing on long rear end flights.

Snes JRPGs were great. I firmly believe many people who say they hate the genre got in during the PSX era or later, when things started to suck.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The playstation ones were fun too, though.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Xenogears is proof that some PS1 JRPGs, in fact, rocked.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Pepsiman was the best PS1 RPG.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
ROLLCAGE IS BACK MOTHERFUCKERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa9BbLRceCA

Real hurthling! posted:

shadow warrior 2 has wolverine claws and dying light style parkour? i'm sold.

the current game is really cool but leaves a lot to be desired in its rated encounter based combat, key hunting level progression, and slooooow trickle of new weapons, enemies, and powers

opening up the levels a bit, having a friend along with you, etc will go a long way.
It doesn't look like Dying Light style parkour, and more or less just a really generous auto-mantling system.

I do agree that larger levels with more open, circular routes could actually suit the borderlands-style coop they are going for.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jul 9, 2015

LotsBread
Jan 4, 2013

Cardboard Box A posted:

ROLLCAGE IS BACK MOTHERFUCKERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa9BbLRceCA

It doesn't look like Dying Light style parkour, and more or less just a really generous auto-mantling system.

I do agree that larger levels with more open, circular routes could actually suit the borderlands-style coop they are going for.

WHEN

WHEN WILL IT COME OUT

OhmygodIlovedthisgamesofuckingmuchwhenIwasakiditwasawesomeyouhadskytracksspacetracksrifftracksgunsexplosionsyoucoulddriveonwallsitwasthebest

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Lurdiak posted:

Snes JRPGs were great. I firmly believe many people who say they hate the genre got in during the PSX era or later, when things started to suck.

I dislike most of the JRPG gameplay since Phantasy Star on the master system but I love Mana Khemia for example since the combat is way more engaging and it has other interesting mechanics like the alchemy stuff. I bet most people dislike the fact that it's turn based, period.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
all rpgs are beautiful

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

:gizz: :stare:

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

i never found a store with a copy but I played the Rollcage demo for hours

it had one megadeth song over and over. not even off rust in peace =(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Colonel posted:

Xenogears is proof that some PS1 JRPGs, in fact, rocked.

Parasite Eve

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

The problem with JRPGs is that it's very easy for developers to slap on a simple turn based system and add artificial grind and call it "challenging" or "rewarding" gameplay.
Add anime tittays and it will sell.

So the market is pretty flooded with subpar JRPGs. Like, I will say I hate JRPGs even though I love tales games and some earlier FF games. Because 90% of the time I'm right that they're bad.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nasgate posted:

The problem with JRPGs is that it's very easy for developers to slap on a simple turn based system and add artificial grind and call it "challenging" or "rewarding" gameplay.
Add anime tittays and it will sell.

They don't really though. Crap like Neptunia only profits through extreme cost-cutting.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

precision posted:

Parasite Eve

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
i am doing the lords work in taint reapers name

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

How many taints have you reaped so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
I am having a really hard time replaying some of the older games I've already beat. I don't know how some people can burn right through the FFV Fiesta 4-8 times like they do but there you go.

Also one of my cats didn't come home last night and now I am worried sick that something happened to her. I hope she comes home safely soon. :(

• Locked thread