Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Best Ever Death Metal Band Out of Denton, No Children, Cotton, Seed Song, Autoclave, Michael Myers Resplendent, Dance Music, Attention All Pickpockets, Woke Up New, Surrounded, The Sign, Estate Sale Sign, Cry for Judas, Gojam Province 1968, Satanic Messiah, The Day the Aliens Came.

Edit: game shows that touch our lives, choked out, the young thousands, the bad doctor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Somberbrero posted:

Edit: game shows that touch our lives

family feud with richard dawson, obviously.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone going to the San Diego comic con?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
no.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
well if you are I need someone to pick something up for me

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

bowmore posted:

Anyone going to the San Diego comic con?

I'm going to PAX! That doesn't help you at all, I'm just really excited.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mithross posted:

Nope! have fun!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I did the Pottermore thing like last September because of a similar conversation with friends who somehow had all done it before, I'm Slytherin with a brittle Redwood 12.5 inch dragon core wand.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I will only go in the DJ place when Taste is there

:respek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsitWzZFF30

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Yoga is the best.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
if you own a playstation 4 you really need to be playing rocket league right now.

also hey exakt thank you for posting about working out because it's inspired me to stay motivated. gettin' big.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

if you own a playstation 4 you really need to be playing rocket league right now.

Isn't there a PC version?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
that too.

it's free if you have ps+

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Mithross posted:

I have been to PAX many times and it's just the greatest thing. I'm always a little sad whenever one goes by and I can't go. You'll have a blast!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I should go to a pax proper - I've been to an event near one but didn't really go into the actual con except for like fifteen minutes of the night's concert while my ride home got his stuff together.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i went to pax twice but i was working there both times so i didnt do much

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i live in boston suburbs now so i will prolly go to pax east next spring or whenever it is. Id never travel for something like that tho

Shrekfest is tomorrow btw

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm a fan of pax improper, it's a lot more casual and laid back, but the people tend to be ruder too.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

uranus posted:

i went to pax twice but i was working there both times so i didnt do much

As an enforcer or just part of the convention centre staff? A lot of my friends started out as attendees and then became enforcers. Enforcers are the poo poo. Maybe I'll go back and be one someday when I have the money to travel.

Also I really like PAX East honestly more than PAX Prime, but most of my friends go to Prime. I feel like the venue is a lot better in Boston than Seattle. Seattle can't hold a convention the size of PAX so stuff is spread over like 10 blocks which can be a pain with trying to go to different things and not having time or wanting to trudge up and down that hill. The only bad thing about the BCEC is that it's far from any sort of food, so there's little choice but to either eat their overpriced cafeteria food or miss a bunch of things to go across the bridge to find a restaurant.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i used to work for bideo games. so i was standing in a booth talking to people about game

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

uranus posted:

i used to work for bideo games. so i was standing in a booth talking to people about game

Ah, that must have been annoying and loud. Of the 3-4 days of PAX I spend maybe an hour total in the expo hall. It's just sensory overload.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I wanna be a booth girl :sparkles:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
We should put rotating people on US currency. The fact that Ulysses S. Grant and Andrew loving Jackson are still on our money is ridiculous anyways. There is no reason we should only get rid of Hamilton, a dude who loved the federal gov't and pushed hard for a national currency! First secretary of the treasury! Jesus.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

yuming posted:

I wanna be a booth girl :sparkles:

You'll always be a booth girl to me yuming

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
somone make american president candidate mafia. i'm bobby jindal

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I will open and run Presidential Candidate CYOR in the time it takes ecco to start their game :arghfist:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

EccoRaven posted:

I will open and run Presidential Candidate CYOR in the time it takes ecco to start their game :arghfist:

Does the nap rule still apply here? Did typing up this joke make you sleepy again?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Mar 27, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

uranus posted:

somone make american president candidate mafia. i'm bobby jindal

Donald Trump - Self-Aligned Jester Bomb - self-destructed N1

I've toyed around with the idea of a Presidential Succession Mafia game, which I always thought might be fun.

EccoRaven posted:

uhhhhhh, how did you know i was going to make this joke?

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 9, 2015

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Isn't Keane running primary mafia?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
IRON MOD: two mods enter one mod leaves!! Both make a game inspired by the same flavor idea, players vote after which game was better!

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

IRON MOD: two mods enter one mod leaves!! Both make a game inspired by the same flavor idea, players vote after which game was better!

The flavor is rum raisin

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

I'd like to enter an Iron Mod competition if we ever do one of those again

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

iirc we've only done one once, and that was where my "Petras Pie" with a secret ingredient of "confirmed town scum mason" only just barely lost to Tao's ":effort: palooza."

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

We can do one right now

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

BottleKnight posted:

We should put rotating people on US currency. The fact that Ulysses S. Grant and Andrew loving Jackson are still on our money is ridiculous anyways. There is no reason we should only get rid of Hamilton, a dude who loved the federal gov't and pushed hard for a national currency! First secretary of the treasury! Jesus.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
So today my parents went out to get some US dollars for our trip to the US later this month and I have to admit that US currency loving sucks balls and that the fact you lack coins and that the paper seems to be alot less sturdy than EU currency has made me come to the conclusion that the US of A is a poo poo country L M A O

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

HiipFire posted:

So today my parents went out to get some US dollars for our trip to the US later this month and I have to admit that US currency loving sucks balls and that the fact you lack coins and that the paper seems to be alot less sturdy than EU currency has made me come to the conclusion that the US of A is a poo poo country L M A O

Really? This is what convinced you?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i will admit that american currency can't compete with the tactile sensation and aethetics of british currency. i mean look at this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

EXAKT Science posted:

Really? This is what convinced you?
Well there were some clear indicators that I saw beforehand on the news, but this definitely sold me.