Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I also love when they imagine the movie from a bit character's perspective, like the guy who works in the lobby in Three Men and a Baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Illinois Smith posted:

I also love when they imagine the movie from a bit character's perspective, like the guy who works in the lobby in Three Men and a Baby.

Ditto the sign-pointers and ninjas in Gymkata.

9th checkpoint, whoooooooo

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Best tangent has to be the art school guy who loves turtles and Keifer Sutherland.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I picked up a DVD at Walmart the other day because it was the only time I had ever seen Tuff Turf on DVD in the wild. Along with that masterpiece are 7 other movies I haven't watched yet but all sound like they'd make amazing WHM episodes:

Soul Man - C. Thomas Howell puts on blackface to go to law school
Angel - A private school girl moonlights as a hooker on a quest for revenge
Fraternity Vacation - Tim Robbins in a summertime boob comedy
Night Patrol - A cop does comedy with a paper bag on his head
Girls Just Want to Have Fun - Sarah Jessica Parker and Helen Hunt in some kind scheme to get on a TV dance show
Black Moon Rising - Tommy Lee Jones chases down Linda Hamilton who has stolen a high tech supercar called The Black Moon (written by John Carpenter!)
Reform School Girls - Sexy girls in juvie vs. a sadistic warden

Black Moon Rising shows the most promise of course but I'd love to know if anyone has seen any of these movies at all.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
It's funny, I literally listened to the Spawn episode right before Dragonheart. After Spawn, I wondered if that guy's live podcast was still on, and 3 years later the newest episode answered it for me. And apparently Steven's brother is on that show. Mark and the other guy sound way way more New York than Steven does, it was kind of funny.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The Duke posted:

Reform School Girls - Sexy girls in juvie vs. a sadistic warden
That's def. more a Side Order of Sleaze than mainline WHM.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Even if it's slighly newer than most of the usual Animation Damnation fare their complete bafflement at the recent Pokemon episode makes me want them to do an episode on Totally Spies, an early 00s french anime knockoff (franime?) that's only notable for having almost every episode be based on one of the animators' weird fetishes.

Mucktron
Dec 21, 2005

"But I've been twelve for a very long time"

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Best tangent has to be the art school guy who loves turtles and Keifer Sutherland.

"Did you ever see Kevin Smith's Tusk? I'm like that but with turtles! I've gone through nine Keifer Sutherland stand-ins already!"

Sometimes their jokes that make me :cry: are the best ones. The gang going back to that Qadaffi comment this week had me in hysterics

"They Qadaffied him!!"

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

The Duke posted:

Soul Man - C. Thomas Howell puts on blackface to go to law school

Soul Man is of course a terrible racist piece of poo poo. I believe it's been mentioned as a Stay Tuned, I think it was the Side Order of Sleaze for School Spirit. Itself a sexist piece of garbage.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Mucktron posted:

Sometimes their jokes that make me :cry: are the best ones.

The Jim Belushi circle-jerk derails in Red Heat :stonklol:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Sleeveless posted:

Even if it's slighly newer than most of the usual Animation Damnation fare their complete bafflement at the recent Pokemon episode makes me want them to do an episode on Totally Spies, an early 00s french anime knockoff (franime?) that's only notable for having almost every episode be based on one of the animators' weird fetishes.
Wait really? I was already too old for that when it was new, but it always seemed like fairly harmless Jane Bond Jr. poo poo.

Now for real recentish French cartoon horror, Code Lyoko (I think) has you covered. I don't know what it's about or what it involves, those loving heads and faces were enough.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Paulie and the frog at Apollo's funeral is another great one.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I wish I could find it now - I can't believe that it's been harder to find than it was a few years ago - but when Dragonheart was originally put into production, years before the one actually released, they had a practical dragon they had built and the tests for it were done with a very young Clive Owen, who was set to be the lead at the time. There's only stills of it that existed, but there's a pointless bit of trivia for you, and of course the dragon looked much better.

xzoto1
Jan 18, 2010

How's life in a bigger prison, Dae-su?

PUGGERNAUT posted:

The rest of the episode prior to that was pretty mild on the "funny" but that entire bit made up for it. So god drat funny. Almost as funny as Louie Anderson doing television and movie remakes in their The Day After Tomorrow episode.

xzoto1
Jan 18, 2010

How's life in a bigger prison, Dae-su?

bobkatt013 posted:

Paulie and the frog at Apollo's funeral is another great one.

Almost as funny as Louie Anderson doing television and movie remakes in their The Day After Tomorrow episode.

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

How'd that asshole get a white robe?!

xzoto1 posted:

Almost as funny as Louie Anderson doing television and movie remakes in their The Day After Tomorrow episode.

I have unfortunate timing, I listened to this episode while driving.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Eric Movie may or may not be reading this anymore but I just have to say that WHM caused me to buy a physical actual copy of Invisible Child when the episode first came out. poo poo is crazy.
Did I hear them right on the Dragonheart episode that they're going on vacation? I wonder if they'll do what they did before and put up some more older episodes on the app.

Sleeveless posted:

This movie was made by a WHAT?!

WHAT?!

WHAT?!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Eric Movie may or may not be reading this anymore but I just have to say that WHM caused me to buy a physical actual copy of Invisible Child when the episode first came out. poo poo is crazy.
Did I hear them right on the Dragonheart episode that they're going on vacation? I wonder if they'll do what they did before and put up some more older episodes on the app.

:golfclap: Incredible.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I think last time they re-posted old episodes with new intros and I think even new outros.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

xzoto1 posted:

CAT HOTDOGS!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

In the Mission Impossible mini-sodes, they mention Martin Landau flipping out at MTV News' Kennedy. Here's the clip. It's a pro-watch.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/101196/martin-landau-berates-kennedy.jhtml

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
If it wasn't already done by MST3K, I would call in and suggest the Kathy Ireland turd Alien From LA for listener request month. My friend in high school demanded we rent it because of the picture of Kathy on the cover in a bikini. Little did he know that for 99% of the movie she plays a bespectacled "nerd" character with an annoying voice and only appears in said bikini for 30 seconds before the ending credits. I don't know if I ever forgave him for stealing that 90 minutes of my life.

Then I was blown away a year later when the movie appeared in Season 5 of MST3K.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Brocktoon posted:

If it wasn't already done by MST3K, I would call in and suggest the Kathy Ireland turd Alien From LA for listener request month. My friend in high school demanded we rent it because of the picture of Kathy on the cover in a bikini. Little did he know that for 99% of the movie she plays a bespectacled "nerd" character with an annoying voice and only appears in said bikini for 30 seconds before the ending credits. I don't know if I ever forgave him for stealing that 90 minutes of my life.

Then I was blown away a year later when the movie appeared in Season 5 of MST3K.

Alien From LA has a lot of material. Kathy Ireland's bizarre fake voice, her fake Australian friend,, the love interest who comes in at the last minute, the sequel...

And if we're doing Golan Globus movies that MST3K related projects have done, well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlBnxVIAQ20

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

thrawn527 posted:

:golfclap: Incredible.

We need a version of this for their Star Wars spin-off idea that's The Wire in Cloud City starring Billy Dee Williams as old, corrupt, murder-loving version of Lando.

"It works every time!" --:commissar:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Alien From LA has a lot of material. Kathy Ireland's bizarre fake voice
That was actually her natural speaking voice. She spent a long time with a voice coach to change it to how she speaks now.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Evil Mastermind posted:

That was actually her natural speaking voice. She spent a long time with a voice coach to change it to how she speaks now.

Well I kinda feel bad about making fun of it now.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
For anyone wondering what Keanu Reeves movie the guys are doing next week, they gave a big hint on Twitter. It's not Bogus Journey. It's three movies.

Source

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

SilentChaz posted:

For anyone wondering what Keanu Reeves movie the guys are doing next week, they gave a big hint on Twitter. It's not Bogus Journey. It's three movies.

Source

Ooh, I'm digging some of these curveballs lately. I would have assumed The Matrix trilogy is not really the sort of thing they would cover but thinking of the conversation we had on the types of movies they choose and some of the recent blockbuster choices I'm totally on board if that's what it is. There is so much insane stuff there to talk about the more I think about it. I can practically hear Steve ranting about orgasm cake.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
It's kind of well-trodden ground but if anybody is going to do the Matrix trilogy I'd much rather it be the WHM guys actually cracking jokes and doing bits instead of the RLM guys spending 9 hours cramming a bunch of made-up filmmaking rules and catchphrases in between rape skits.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

SilentChaz posted:

Source

One can only hope its A Walk in the Clouds, the time traveling mailbox movie, and Branaugh's Much Ado About Nothing/ Dracula. Basically anything that has him be romantic and a normal human being or an awful English accent. :v:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
If you aren't a McDuck, you aren't McShit!

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
God dammit, it's "Glomgold", not "Glumgould"!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
The Huey, Duey, and Lewis impersonations during the last AD had me laughing like a lunatic. Totally caught me off guard.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
The 30s version of the duck tales theme is sadly true.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

That was my favorite AD in a long time. I never watched DuckTales past the opening theme, so I never knew that he was supposed to be Scottish, or even that "Scottish = cheap" was a thing.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
That story about the Greek guy on the bus is the funniest thing I've ever heard.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Someone should try to get them to sit through an episode of Loonatics Unleashed, now that they're doing a listener request month for AD.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Hockles posted:

That was my favorite AD in a long time. I never watched DuckTales past the opening theme, so I never knew that he was supposed to be Scottish, or even that "Scottish = cheap" was a thing.

Fun fact: that's the origin of the Scotch tape name, because of how cheaply it was made, and why it has the tartan patterns on the packaging and on the end of the rolls.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

so which ethnicities AREN'T cheap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

We're getting the live Green Lantern in two weeks. I'm jazzed to hear Steve break.