Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Grandicap posted:

Hal is TOWN.

What a surprise!

Hal Incandenza posted:

At least Grandi has made a read on the game, why not go after someone like Little Mac who hasn't posted even that? There are other players who had barely any content at all. You didn't even seem to have an opinion on Grandi when people were talking about him

---

That is very sensible play Grandicap

---

This really doesn't mean much, but Grandi picked pretty far down the list to take a flyer on cop for the scum team. I'm kind of surprised it was still there but I could see town rolling those dice but not so much scum given they would like to get three power roles.

---

I don't either generally, but it does seem odd when [Grandi] already claimed and have multiple scum candidates to not try and confirm one of those before you go down.

I'm definitely interested in seeing your case on diqnol.

---

Agreed. I also though he was playing things pretty townie, but his answers to why he copped MMM are rubbing me the wrong way. I'd really like to see his case on diqnol because he was pushing for him yesterday at the end but never provided very good reasoning. I guess I'm interested in whatever he has to say about Opop too but Opop is his usual easy target self.

At this point I feel pretty strongly that Hal and Grandi are scumbros but I'm not going to place a vote until we've heard from everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

oxidation posted:

##vote Opopanax

Really sorry that I barely gave any input for this, but I can agree with the case for him.

Looking over oxi, I'm starting to grow suspicious.

oxidation posted:

What about it seems scummy to you?

I'd be willing to vote Grandi. The cop roleclaim is definitely a last ditch 'please dont lynch me' move, and if he's not cop I doubt the real cop is gonna step forward and expose themselves. It's a really safe move on his part considering the hole he dug himself into by claiming a powerrole right at the start of D2. Then again, a part of me feels like he's a townie in a really unfortunate situation -- but that part of me is smaller than the part that think he's a scum panicking for a way to survive.

This vote definitely isn't set in stone.

##vote Grandicap

oxidation posted:

The fact Grandi wasn't killed last night seems suspicious to me too. However, it's possible someone else is scum and cop, and therefore the scum know he's bluffing and would rather take their chances with a different kill.

oxidation posted:

I'm going to re-read MMM's case on MMT a couple times and think it over. I don't think there's a lot to go on on Opop, but I also don't see much of a case on anyone else. I'm willing to believe Grandi is a town cop.

Can you go over the evolution of your read on Grandi?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

hey i haven't been doing my ask a lot of questions routine this game for a couple of reasons. one, it's something that contributes a lot to the noisiness of the game, and the past few games i've done it, it's lead to my gathering a lot of suspicion and ending up getting mislunched. also, i have had unexpectedly little access to the internet the past few days, but now that i have moved into my new place and have the internet switch over, that should change.

i thought that oxi's post was a scumpost because of how much he hedges:

it starts off with a question to kumba that neither of them ever follows up on, and then oxi goes from "i'd vote grandi, he looks like desperate scum" to " i feel like he could be a townie trapped in a bad situation" back to "but actually i think he's panicking scum" before finally wrapping it up with "but i want to be able to change my mind if need be."

##vote oxidation

would also still vote kumba.

EXAKT Science posted:

yuming let's do it

##vote Kumba

EXAKT Science posted:

here, let me do a quick reread of Opop.

EXAKT Science posted:

yeah there's very little to read, and I don't like any of the votes.

Actually, wow. I had noticed EXAKT too much, but I just now realized that those six posts represent a real-life week's worth of gameplay.

EXAKT - do you have any opinions about anything at all relating to this game? I was willing to accept that you're trying a different playstyle but this is lurky to the point of being suspicious.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Murmur Twin posted:

Actually, wow. I had noticed EXAKT too much, but I just now realized that those six posts represent a real-life week's worth of gameplay.

EXAKT - do you have any opinions about anything at all relating to this game? I was willing to accept that you're trying a different playstyle but this is lurky to the point of being suspicious.

Yeah, I'm busy at work at the moment but I'll reread and post some cases within the next couple of hours.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Grandicap posted:

Hal is TOWN.
It feels good to be right. :sun:

Who is a scum who is a scum arrg.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Why do people think Grandi is scum. WHY-- MMT?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Grandicap posted:

This is the initial post. There was a list in here but nested quotes are sucky.
I do not see this as setting up a joke, it is a policy vote on a newly instituted policy. This is laying the foundation to vote people lower on the list with less scrutiny. If he knows his scumbuddies are higher on the list it allows him the ability to sway the lynch towards these people without the explicit tie to them. It is scummy at the outset.
On top of that, as soon as people start calling him out on it he backs off, hard, with it was just a joke, lol. Conservatives.
He is backing off of the unpopular opinion because it is too hot for him.
He is scum.

Here's Grandi's first case on me. It doesn't seem like a legitimate thought process to me - it assumes that (a) I was being serious, and (b) my big scum play was to force through a policy lynch on D1.

Note that after this case, I posted that I am female and he acknowledged it.

Grandicap posted:

Oh, it is about the MMT thing, I guess I shouldn't be surprised because it was the only thing I've done this game, but that was like a billion years ago now (actually Friday, but who's counting)

I still think MMT is scummy. Joke or not, he has a high draft choice and is directing lynches away from him.

Also and unrelated, consider me surprised the vig hasn't been used.

The sentence "I still think MMT is scummy" seems to imply that he reread through the game and his opinion didn't change. But he still messes up my pronouns, which tells me that he didn't. I called this out on D1, and he answered:

Grandicap posted:

No it is not a result of me rereading the game looking for scum, it is a case of me rereading my interaction with you and still agreeing with my assessment of the situation. I should probably reread the game but with 3 hours to deadline and a whole bunch of people checking out because of a 2am deadline on Sunday I'm not feeling very hopeful.

I mean, I could push a lynch on Kumba because he is the next closest to me in vote count, I should probably do that, but in my read I ddin't really see what was up there. Actually let me do that because a me lynch would make me sad and possibly make me cry.

First off - he says he reread our interactions, but that still calls into question how he didn't know my gender. Second, by the end of D1 he still hasn't looked for scum beyond me (which was based on a joke vote). And finally, he decides to go after Kumba out of self-preservation.

Moving on...

Grandicap posted:

No it isn't, I visited Omega last night. It follows.

This was after Opop voted Grandi and GG said it was a bad vote.

Grandicap posted:

Nope I am super dumb. Omega was the tracker\watcher. So I powerrole claimed for no good reason. Oh, I am a dumb.

---

Hi Scum, please ignore that I just powerrole claimed. It's totally in your best interest to keep me alive. Trust me.

---

I assumed a no content vote like Opops meant a thing, because who would make such a lovely vote. No other role existing role, except for tracker would have nailed me and I thought that it had to be a night action thing for Opop to vote me like that...
Boo.

Time passed, and Diqnol and I grilled him a bit more, leading to:

Murmur Twin posted:

One reason to not claim would be if you're scum vanilla who did the kill last night (hence the defensiveness when Opop voted) and are afraid to claim a role that someone else has, lest you be caught in a lie down the road.

##vote Grandicap - more people have posted and I still have Grandi as my strongest scum read.

Grandicap posted:

Whatever... I'm the cop. I didn't want to claim because I'm the cop. I seem focused on my survival, because I AM FOCUSED ON MY SURVIVAL. I want to stay alive because I am the cop. If I am dead I can't investigate people as the cop. I am in a weaker position now that I have claimed that I am the cop. Town is in a weaker position now that I have claimed that I am the cop. The only reason that I am claiming that I am the cop is because a claimed cop is better than a dead cop. At least make scum spend the kill on me and have to worry about dramatic bodyguards and doctors.

Takeaways from this:

(a) He acted like he was backed into a corner when he cop claimed but he was the one that set the events in motion that led to it
(b) The fact that he claimed cop is what led me (and others?) to back off of him
(c) He claimed that he's not searching for scum suspects when asked why he targetted MMM

....uhhh wow it's 5:07 and I'm supposed to go somewhere so I'm going to cut this off but I feel like I've (re-)made my points.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Scum that wins by killing all the effort posters isn't a scum team that deserves a win. They are to be looked upon with derision. These are the kind of eyes I set upon you, bad scum team. You do not deserve a win because I am being shittier than usual. It would have been a kindness to kill me, but you just had to be lovely and kill MMM, someone you could easily have made to look like scum anyway, because he put in a token effort.

I am, however, sorry to the town. I'm not doing very well with this game.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

##vote Murmur Twin

I suspect you're trying so hard because you don't want the things I just said to be true.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I think oxi is scum. The biggest thing that jumps out at me is this vote on Grandi:

oxidation posted:

What about it seems scummy to you?

I'd be willing to vote Grandi. The cop roleclaim is definitely a last ditch 'please dont lynch me' move, and if he's not cop I doubt the real cop is gonna step forward and expose themselves. It's a really safe move on his part considering the hole he dug himself into by claiming a powerrole right at the start of D2. Then again, a part of me feels like he's a townie in a really unfortunate situation -- but that part of me is smaller than the part that think he's a scum panicking for a way to survive.

This vote definitely isn't set in stone.

##vote Grandicap
I don't like the way it hedges, and it feels super self-conscious. He goes out of his way several times to make sure we know that he isn't sure about his read on Grandi. Why? Then, he abandons the Grandi case when it doesn't gain traction, and flips over to Kumba:

oxidation posted:

I'm also fine with ##vote Kumbamontu

Kumba flips town, and then oxi starts yesterday with this post:

oxidation posted:

The fact Grandi wasn't killed last night seems suspicious to me too. However, it's possible someone else is scum and cop, and therefore the scum know he's bluffing and would rather take their chances with a different kill.

MMM, why are you so sure MMT is scum?
He's still talking about how he thinks Grandi is scum, but is still hedgy and self-conscious about it. Most damning, in my opinion, is that he throws shade on Grandi but doesn't vote him. I think that if he were town, he would have voted Grandi, if not in this post, then at least at some point before the end of the day. However this vote for Opop is his only vote yesterday.

oxidation posted:

##vote Opopanax

Really sorry that I barely gave any input for this, but I can agree with the case for him.
I don't think this is genuine scumhunting. This feels like a newbie scum trying to fly under the radar and hop on convenient cases. ##vote oxidation

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

oxidation (1): EXAKT Science
Murmur Twin (1): GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE

Not Voting (5): Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Murmur Twin, oxidation, yuming

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 12th, 2015 at 4 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 20 hours.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:siren: Please note that there are only 7 alive. I forgot to remove Opo until just a few moments ago.

If you are an op reader, you may realize that there are 3 scum and 1 survivor remaining. It is 4 to lynch. Tread carefully.

edit: Out of fairness for all, I am resetting all votes.

merk fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jul 10, 2015

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
ALL VOTES REMOVED

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##unvote
welp

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Votecount for Day 4

oxidation (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science

Not Voting (7): EXAKT Science, Grandicap, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, Hal Incandenza, Murmur Twin, oxidation, yuming

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 12th, 2015 at 4 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 20 hours.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
edit: ALL VOTES REMOVED

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

merk posted:

HOW DID THAT EVEN HAPPEN

hahahah what the fuuuuuuck

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EXAKT Science posted:

hahahah what the fuuuuuuck

I honestly have no idea how it thought you voted oxidation. I started a new day on my post saying I was clearing the votes, and it somehow picked up your unvote as a vote. :psyduck:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

merk posted:

I honestly have no idea how it thought you voted oxidation. I started a new day on my post saying I was clearing the votes, and it somehow picked up your unvote as a vote. :psyduck:

we should have a :xcom: smiley for votefinder

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Also merk the OP says nothing about a Survivor.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

Alignments about to be distributed:
3 Scum
1 Survivor
10 Town
:siren:

IF YOU DO NOT GET A ROLE PM, YOU ARE TOWN

YES, PEOPLE HAVE USED 'HEY I DIDNT GET A ROLE PM' CONFUSION TO TRY TO CONFIRM THEMSELVES AS TOWN IN PREVIOUS GAMES

I WILL TELL YOU WHEN ALL ALIGNMENTS HAVE BEEN DISTRIBUTED

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

oh. welp, I lost :|

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Oh, that makes my job easier. I am the survivor. Hal is a scum. I will not be voting Hal today, I will be voting whoever Hal votes. Hal show up and vote someone and the survivor cop can win with the scums.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##vote Hal
pure spite

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
;;;;;;;;;;;

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh grandi I knew that was your plan!

Let us vote random player ##vote diqnol he is town I am sure of it

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote diqnol

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
ah so MMT is scum then

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

ah so MMT is scum then

Oh EKAXT, we don't have to pretend any more. We won. You and I and our other scumbro can start celebrating!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

##vote Hal

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote Diqnol

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh EKAXT, we don't have to pretend any more. We won. You and I and our other scumbro can start celebrating!

lol

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Diqnol

I knew it was you <O>

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

What a lame game ~_~

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I hope that Oxi doesn't show up and you're forced to endgame us via nightkill.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote Diqnol

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

What a lame game ~_~

P much. I was super happy I got cop, made the traditionally boring survivor have something to control their own destiny.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

yuming posted:

##vote Diqnol

oh or that. haha

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: I say, chap, that appears to be the crimson mallet for GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

What a lame game ~_~

Diqnol I declare you MY NEMESIS

• Locked thread