Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
That said, I don't like his empty vote on Daisy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Propaganda Machine posted:

This is really bad. He's excusing himself from having to make statements about people that can be followed up on later. Bandwagoning can seem like a great way to escape notice.

But, wait-

Well, poo poo.
Whenever I've played with him he seems to be very open about the fact that he isn't very confident in his scumhunting while also admitting that that's not a good thing.

If it came from anybody else I'd say it's very scummy to say something like that, but coming from Allen I can't really call an alignment out of those posts in particular,

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

There's a bunch of people I'm not sure on and could easily be persuaded about.
I didn't like Madman avoiding Exact's questions.
I though Wren was scummy up until his more recent posts.
D2 I thought Daisy was more likely scum than town, but now I'm not sure.
I get strong scum vibes from PMach every once in a while, but I feel most of the posting supports town.

I'll be around and paying attention as we loom closer to the deadline, but I really have no clue where to go.

I might as well change my vote from Chic, since it looks like she's headed towards mod-kill. Right now I think the person helping the town the least is Imgay. He's above the threshold, but almost all of his posts provide no information.

##vote imgay

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

garthoneeye posted:

I get strong scum vibes from PMach every once in a while, but I feel most of the posting supports town.

I'll be around and paying attention as we loom closer to the deadline, but I really have no clue where to go.

I might as well change my vote from Chic, since it looks like she's headed towards mod-kill. Right now I think the person helping the town the least is Imgay. He's above the threshold, but almost all of his posts provide no information.

##vote imgay

this is a hell of a post

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

HiipFire posted:

Whenever I've played with him he seems to be very open about the fact that he isn't very confident in his scumhunting while also admitting that that's not a good thing.

If it came from anybody else I'd say it's very scummy to say something like that, but coming from Allen I can't really call an alignment out of those posts in particular,

that's not to say I don't get some scum vibes from him, but not enough to make me switch my vote to him

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

garthoneeye posted:

##vote imgay

holy poo poo this is some next tier hedging

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

HiipFire posted:

:hfive:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

:hfive:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##vote garthoneeye

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

We're going to need to work up consensus if we don't want to do the sort of thing where we're stuck with players at -1 and -2 and someone's gotta hammer with five minutes left. We've all been there, it's stupid, it basically never gets scum.

I'm not saying we rush the vote, obv., but right now we've got three with two votes on them and two with one each. We are definitely spread thin.

I still think imgay is viable and worth the vote. Nearly every player so far has said something about how big a load the guy is being, and there's no point in acting like one night's worth of tracking information is enough to exonerate, unless the entire scumteam is Met. (even then, we've got a SK to look for)

##vote imgay

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Alright, I am now at home and have some dinner in front of me. So let's get this thing done.

First, I'll address a few posts that were made towards me or in response to questions I've asked or other stuff.

DaisyDanger posted:

I'm home from work, sorry!

TMM, my main belief was that it's not impossible for you to be coached and still act sincerely. Vet scum could've told you to exaggerate the newbie vibe by latching onto things like EXAKT's Hulk Hogan flavor or whatever. I suppose a part of it was that I didn't like how you took forever to decide to vote for Taste even though you knew he was going to get lynched, but I accept your reasoning behind it now.

If it makes a difference, you've nearly dropped off my radar in the last day while Allen has bolted to the top of my list.

Fair enough, thanks for answering. I've been going back and forth on you and I'm still not sure where I come down yet, but this does kind of make me lean a little more town for you.

HiipFire posted:

idk I don't really see why Exakt would dive onto Daisy if she was his scumbud cause imgay was the only person I really remember voting her before so there wasn't really any momentum or anything

I tend to agree, but if you want to follow Props argument about FLuck from last night, then Exakt could be busing Daisy simply to build town credibility. Please note that I am NOT saying that is what is happening here, just that that line of thought has already come up before.

HiipFire posted:

While I agree that some of it is definitely hedging, I do think his final conclusion that imgay hasn't really been trying to help the town is true.

Allen Wren posted:

We're going to need to work up consensus if we don't want to do the sort of thing where we're stuck with players at -1 and -2 and someone's gotta hammer with five minutes left. We've all been there, it's stupid, it basically never gets scum.

I'm not saying we rush the vote, obv., but right now we've got three with two votes on them and two with one each. We are definitely spread thin.

I still think imgay is viable and worth the vote. Nearly every player so far has said something about how big a load the guy is being, and there's no point in acting like one night's worth of tracking information is enough to exonerate, unless the entire scumteam is Met. (even then, we've got a SK to look for)

##vote imgay

This post feels very weird to me. On the one hand, there is definitely some truth in the fact that that votes are spread thin and we do need to work toward a consensus, but on the other hand it also feels very manipulative as well. I'm not quite sure I can put my finger on or verbalize why it feels that way to me. That probably sounds scummy, but it's just sort of a gut reaction. Also, I agree with Prop that I didn't particularly like the empty vote on Daisy.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Alright, I've read back through some Allen posts and the way she votes seems strange to me because most of them have just been empty votes. Also, with the exception of the Taste vote after the the enforced timeout, she basically just jumps on a train after it's left the station. Also, her hammering Met seemed more resigned than anything else.

So since she has been pretty high on my list from the beginning, I'm going to

##vote Allen Wren

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Allen's a dude :ssh:

I know this because he made a bug-eating video for GiP

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

A loving fantastic one at that!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

drat it, I had he in there and then I thought I remembered that ANarc said they were polish buddies when asking about the code. But now that I think about it, I think ANarc was talking to Daisy about being polish buddies.

Also, it amused me because at first I read it as Polish buddies and then realized that it wasn't capitalized.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Pronouns are stupid, I'll just call everyone IT from now on! :mad:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
:ghost:guys can wear polish too! :ghost:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

TMMadman posted:

Also, it amused me because at first I read it as Polish buddies and then realized that it wasn't capitalized.

I did the same thing, and I even knew that Daisy knew Narc from the nail polish thread because that's how we recruited her for YLLS.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

:ghost:guys can wear polish too! :ghost:

I can't say that I haven't worn some polish when I was a teenager. I usually played with my moms clear coat polish.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, does anyone want to change their vote or are we going to have a no lynch today? We've got about 25 minutes left.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I think we're waiting for one of the singles to switch to one of the bigger targets.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Seems like we are going to be cutting it awfully close again.

garth, what is in Allens more recent posts that made you change your mind about him?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I'm kinda torn cause I dislike both lynch candidates but for completely different reasons, those being Allen's strange votes VS imgay's generally empty posting, so I'm gonna vote for the person who in the case of a town flip would be smallest loss which is imgay.

##vote imgay

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
ALRIGHT GUYS 20 MINUTES LETS NOT NOLYNCH

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Okay, I'll switch my vote.

##vote imgay

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

HiipFire posted:

I'm kinda torn cause I dislike both lynch candidates but for completely different reasons, those being Allen's strange votes VS imgay's generally empty posting, so I'm gonna vote for the person who in the case of a town flip would be smallest loss which is imgay.

##vote imgay

So you don't feel like either of them are scum? I think even though imgay hasn't been particularly helpful to town, Allen has come across as a bit scummy at points which is why my vote tilted that way.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
blah i'd rather vote someone else but we don't have time

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

TMMadman posted:

So you don't feel like either of them are scum? I think even though imgay hasn't been particularly helpful to town, Allen has come across as a bit scummy at points which is why my vote tilted that way.

oh sorry I meant dislike as in I can see them both as scum

yeah

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

EXAKT Science posted:

blah i'd rather vote someone else but we don't have time

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
anyone have any last words before i hammer?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:c: The Current Day 4 Votecount :c:

imgay (5): Propaganda Machine, garthoneeye, Allen Wren, HiipFire, Fast Luck
Allen Wren (2): Fast Luck, DaisyDanger, TMMadman, -Fast Luck
garthoneeye (1): EXAKT Science
DaisyDanger (1): EXAKT Science, Allen Wren, imgay, -EXAKT Science, -Allen Wren
EXAKT Science (0): HiipFire, -HiipFire
Fast Luck (0): Propaganda Machine, -Propaganda Machine
Chic Trombone (0): garthoneeye, -garthoneeye

Not Voting (1): Chic Trombone

:h: With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is July 09th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 14 minutes.

Players who need more posts to avoid a modkill:

Chic Trombone

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

My last words are "oh I didn't realize we only needed one more to hammer"

I'll let you do the honors I guess?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

HiipFire posted:

oh sorry I meant dislike as in I can see them both as scum

yeah

Ahhh...I guess I can understand that reasoning, although I'm not sure I think imgay is scum. But it certainly is possible.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
yes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Alright, so who wants to do the hammering honors? I think we all agree that it's going to get done at this point.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

##vote imgay

sorry EXAKT, I couldn't wait any longer!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
please don't vote me, its a bad vote

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

imgay, Vanilla Town, was executed.

Chic Trombone, Town Mason, was modkilled.

Get your actions in by 10am tomorrow.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:c: The Current Day 4 Votecount :c:

imgay (6): Propaganda Machine, garthoneeye, Allen Wren, HiipFire, Fast Luck, DaisyDanger
garthoneeye (1): EXAKT Science
DaisyDanger (1): EXAKT Science, Allen Wren, imgay, -EXAKT Science, -Allen Wren
Allen Wren (1): Fast Luck, DaisyDanger, TMMadman, -Fast Luck, -DaisyDanger
EXAKT Science (0): HiipFire, -HiipFire
Fast Luck (0): Propaganda Machine, -Propaganda Machine
Chic Trombone (0): garthoneeye, -garthoneeye

Not Voting (1): Chic Trombone

:h: With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is July 09th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Players who need more posts to avoid a modkill:

Chic Trombone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

TMMadman, vanilla town, was killed

Hiipfire, scum roleblocker, was killed

• Locked thread