Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I get that. Not many jobs out there though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

My new job has crazy hours. I'm enjoying it but would like the 3rd kitchen to be converted to a nap room.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Amoeba102 posted:

For one, I'm not working in my field. Other than that, it's not engaging and kind of infuriating at times - despite the workplace in general being pretty great.

i just got a new job today! what is your field?

also when are we doing our syd meetup

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

My field is Chemistry - organic or inorganic synthesis stuff, but I have done some cell biology stuff.

Syd meetup was depeendent on Bowmore being free.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm free until uni starts back up again, and then it depends on schedule

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

When is that?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
July 20something

i'm pretty sure i only go to uni mon/tues/wed so not like it matters

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I assume uni means unicycle

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

I assume uni means unicycle

yep unicycle training, gotta do it three times a week

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
wasn't there another person or two as well? i forget.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

When I was a kid my dad gave me a $2 bill. I thought it was so cool and I wanted to save it forever! So I deposited it in the bank.

:downs:

You can go to the bank and ask to be paid in two dollar bills, Susan B. Anthony dollar coins, and fifty cent pieces.

They have them Narcotics. You just gotta ask.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

QuoProQuid posted:

You can go to the bank and ask to be paid in two dollar bills, Susan B. Anthony dollar coins, and fifty cent pieces.

They have them Narcotics. You just gotta ask.

I've asked banks for them narcotics many times, and they've never had any for me.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

CCKeane posted:

I've asked banks for them narcotics many times, and they've never had any for me.

try switching to a credit union

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

You need to look less like a cop, duh.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

You need to pass the 75 Speech check with the bank teller in order to see their special inventory in back.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

You need to pass the 75 Speech check with the bank teller in order to see their special inventory in back.

I put all of my skill points in my tagged skills of unarmed, repair, and science.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I was killed in my very first SA (and first ever) Mafia game today. But at least it was a NK on N4, so I'll just assume that the scum were scared of me.

Someone hold me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TMMadman posted:

I was killed in my very first SA (and first ever) Mafia game today. But at least it was a NK on N4, so I'll just assume that the scum were scared of me.

Someone hold me.

I am happy for you but try not to talk about ongoing games!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

Someone hold me.

:glomp:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Someone hold me.

You can follow the game announcement thread for new games and since you were such a delight to have in swolfia I'll PM you next time I get a game going.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

Someone hold me.

It was great to play with you, I hope you play again!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

Someone hold me.

sign up to be a replacement in my big game! I'll probably need one sooner than I think, AND it's a great way to say "yeah I played an ecco game once *shows scars*"

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

CCKeane posted:

I put all of my skill points in my tagged skills of unarmed, repair, and science.

Now you'll never get the special bonus ending where your bank teller flies you to Brussels to discuss economics with Greece and Germany!

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 10, 2015

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ecco's games are a great way to experience the flavour of a game after going through the raw mechanical experience of my games

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

It was great to play with you, I hope you play again!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Ecco's games are a great way to experience the flavour of a game after going through the raw mechanical experience of my games

I like my games like I like my sex: raw and mechanical.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Ecco games are a great way to not know what the hell is going on.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

QuoProQuid posted:

Now you'll never get the special bonus ending where your bank teller flies you to Brussels to peacefully convince Greece and Germany to stand down and solve the world financial crisis!

to be fair even with your Barter and Speech maxed out it's still a hard check, plus you need to know French and we all know that's essentially a dead language.

TMMadman posted:

I like my games like I like my sex: raw and mechanical.

I like my games like I like my sex, confusing and unnecessarily complicated and ultimately frustrating but sometimes satisfying.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also Taste, despite playing like 2 days longer than you I still barely had more than half your amount of posts.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think I may actually launch my game today cause there aren't that many games going on. I need a flavour though.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Asiina posted:

I think I may actually launch my game today cause there aren't that many games going on. I need a flavour though.

Mint chocolate chip

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Mar 27, 2020

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Mint chocolate chip

No. It should have caramel.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

food you can eat still vs. food you can't?

I made a tortilla pizza (or as me and my roommate call them Pizzaritos) yesterday and it's so good mmmm. I put bell pepper and mushrooms on them and they're heavenly.

Yesss, tortilla pizza is fantastic. Back when I could have bread, I liked making naan pizza, so I'd also recommend that. I put broccoli on it!

Also I saw a cool video the other day that explains why I'm not allowed to drink after eating which is seriously so drat hard sometimes like right now I'm so thirsty I'm gonna die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR0VM3mnsgM

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

EccoRaven posted:

sign up to be a replacement in my big game! I'll probably need one sooner than I think, AND it's a great way to say "yeah I played an ecco game once *shows scars*"

SIB scars

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I like my games like I like my sex, with 13 people

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hey 'Strayans, I'm planning a roleplaying game set in Australia and I'm looking for all I can find in terms of spooky, mystical, or otherwise culturally significant spaces.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

sister in brah

Somberbrero posted:

Hey 'Strayans, I'm planning a roleplaying game set in Australia and I'm looking for all I can find in terms of spooky, mystical, or otherwise culturally significant spaces.

ace! that sounds bonza, belligoop. be sure to froot the bill by canning the beachy.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Opopanax posted:

I like my games like I like my sex, with 13 people

I like my games like I like my sex, where I am beaten decisively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

2.) I was planning on running a primary mafia and going to attempt to open it around the first debate, but if someone wants to run it badly I would be happy to either play or comod or just give my notes over and bounce.

I'm just going to request that nobody open a primary mafia game ~for now~ ~for reasons~ tia.

(I'm not looking to run one, I just don't want one to happen rn.)