Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Dzhay posted:

I want to talk about the position of a spider's nerves and guts compared to that of a vertebrate, their origins in embryology and how this means the human half of the spider girl should be the other way round. Where are the "proper places" for that?

Edit: the... tail thing at the start briefly made me wonder if they were better at snake anatomy than they turned out to be.

Don't get smart with me. I'll mail you a box of angry bees and end you!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I will get drunk and make a proper OP on Saturday.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

everythingWasBees posted:

save the bees, don't talk about embryology

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I am curious about an examination on the socio-economic implications of inter-species diplomatic relations and thus will watch this show.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

AnacondaHL posted:

I am curious about an examination on the socio-economic implications of inter-species diplomatic relations and thus will watch this show.

My Anaconda, don't.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

AnacondaHL posted:

I am curious about anime tity and thus will watch this show.

namtab how are you darling?

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
This thread got me to read that Centaur girl manga and it's a lot better than I was expecting. Thanks anime goons.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

You don't tell me what to do. Comparative anatomy effortpost #1, Miia:

Naively, Miia seems quite sensible: a human, minus the legs and plus a snake's tail (and elf ears for whatever reason). However, very little of a real snake actually is "tail", biologically speaking, only the last couple of inches on a moderately sized snake; the long bit of a snake is actually torso. If we're to take Ms Smith's comments about Miia having "the lower body of a snake" seriously, then she's actually more like a sort of snake-centaur with a bunch of duplicated organs.

Real snakes also have their reproductive and excretory organs close to the end of their bodies and on the underside (i.e, in the same place as any other vertebrate), so Darling's attempt to get out of bed should have been even more effective than it was*. But as that isn't the case, I think we should say Smith is wrong and treat her lower half as an actual tail made up of nothing much except bone and muscle (maybe her digestive system loops round through some of it?). Unless Miia poops through a hole in her spine, she definitely has to face the toilet.

It would take some impressive core strength to hold her human-shaped bits upright like she does, but she's shown herself to be pretty drat strong already. Locomotion shouldn't be that difficult, but I doubt she's fast (also her underside must get filthy).

Finally, you may have noticed that Miia has breasts; this suggests lamias** are either born live or hatch fairly underdeveloped from an egg. The babies are likely larger than a human's without that pesky biped pelvis in the way.

Waifu plausibility rating: 7/10, mechanically ok, anatomically confusing.

(Comments about blood circulation and the size of the motor cortex are being kept in reserve for the centaur and/or drider)

*non-biological aside: does that not already run afoul of the "no naughty business" rule of the exchange programme, or is Smith just worried about the possibility of a hybrid that's only like a snake from the knees down or something?

**mythological aside: why "lamia"? The world's full of mythological snake-people, but Lamia has been depicted as all sorts of monster.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dzhay posted:

*non-biological aside: does that not already run afoul of the "no naughty business" rule of the exchange programme, or is Smith just worried about the possibility of a hybrid that's only like a snake from the knees down or something?

Smith is worried that it could spark a diplomatic incident.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dzhay posted:

Naively, Miia seems quite sensible: a human, minus the legs and plus a snake's tail (and elf ears for whatever reason). However, very little of a real snake actually is "tail", biologically speaking, only the last couple of inches on a moderately sized snake; the long bit of a snake is actually torso. If we're to take Ms Smith's comments about Miia having "the lower body of a snake" seriously, then she's actually more like a sort of snake-centaur with a bunch of duplicated organs.

Real snakes also have their reproductive and excretory organs close to the end of their bodies and on the underside (i.e, in the same place as any other vertebrate), so Darling's attempt to get out of bed should have been even more effective than it was*. But as that isn't the case, I think we should say Smith is wrong and treat her lower half as an actual tail made up of nothing much except bone and muscle (maybe her digestive system loops round through some of it?). Unless Miia poops through a hole in her spine, she definitely has to face the toilet.

It would take some impressive core strength to hold her human-shaped bits upright like she does, but she's shown herself to be pretty drat strong already. Locomotion shouldn't be that difficult, but I doubt she's fast (also her underside must get filthy).

Finally, you may have noticed that Miia has breasts; this suggests lamias** are either born live or hatch fairly underdeveloped from an egg. The babies are likely larger than a human's without that pesky biped pelvis in the way.

Waifu plausibility rating: 7/10, mechanically ok, anatomically confusing.

(Comments about blood circulation and the size of the motor cortex are being kept in reserve for the centaur and/or drider)

**mythological aside: why "lamia"? The world's full of mythological snake-people, but Lamia has been depicted as all sorts of monster.

Thank you.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm actually very glad someone is doing this because this is going to make the wait for the next episode a lot of fun

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Dzhay posted:

This is good. Please keep this up.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Please feel free to talk about their actual anatomy but just don't talk about how much you want to motorboat their tits or whatever.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

Is there a monster that's half-motorboat? There should be.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

It's pretty much mythological creatures, poo poo from D&D and JRPGs, and pseudo-furries. Sorry.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Portable Staplefrog posted:

Boatgirls was last season.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

might i direct you to the kantai collection thread?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Needs more embryology please.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Are there any dinosaur girls j this?

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Sakurazuka posted:

Are there any dinosaur girls j this?

You want this. Which is actually pretty funny.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

YOTC posted:

You want this. Which is actually pretty funny.

lol oh man, this owns

wanna meet that dinogirl

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Centorea and Arachne are the most confusing, biologically, of the girls while Suu just asks you to not try

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

This is good. Please keep this up.

Only going to do them once a new girl has been introduced/ when I can be arsed to.

Edit: from the credits, there seems to be a Frankenstein. This is going to be something.

Clarste posted:

There's not really that much to say wrt Miia, if you think her tail is a tail and not a snakebody. If you don't, it gets a bit more interesting, I might cover that with the centaur.

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro

Dzhay posted:

Edit: from the credits, there seems to be a Frankenstein. This is going to be something.

Zombie, though she's put together kinda like Frankenstein.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Silver95280 posted:

Zombie, though she's put together kinda like Frankenstein.

Zombina and that whole crew are pretty good. The cyclops girl is the best.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

frankenstein is not the name of the monster ffs

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I never thought about it, but "Bride of Frankenstein" is referring to a totally normal woman isn't it

I look forward to more anatomy lessons, both for the weirder critters and for the more grounded ones.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Davincie posted:

frankenstein is not the name of the monster ffs

The frankenstein is named after its inventor, Victor Frankenstein. Like a hoover.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Takoluka posted:

Zombina and that whole crew are pretty good. The cyclops girl is the best.
Look closer, Tio has two eyes.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Clarste posted:

lemme get larsen's

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Xelkelvos posted:

Suu just asks you to not try

Maybe she works kind of like a jellyfish or an octopus, with her nervous system being spread in her entire body instead of mostly concentrated in a brain?

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

AfroSquirrel posted:

Boatgirls was last season.

Oh yeah. Forgot about that.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
If monster girls were real, I would have no problem forming an intimate, loving relationship with one. Anyone who says otherwise is a racist and should be ashamed of themselves.

I'm looking forward to episode two because it has a harpy. Harpies are adorable.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Command Ant posted:

If monster girls were real, I would have no problem forming an intimate, loving relationship with one. Anyone who says otherwise is a racist and should be ashamed of themselves.

I'm looking forward to episode two because it has a harpy. Harpies are adorable.

Papi's a Harpy, and also she parks her car at Harvard Yard.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i like how whereas most harems have a main character who is too lame to ever gently caress any of the women clamoring for him, this one has to have a law expressly forbidding it. the underlying assumption must be that nothing else could stop the dude from banging all these monster girls

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

He could just move to Lamia Land.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

If there's one thing I adore about this series it's the fact that the author drives home just how deadly the monster girls can be. He doesn't shy away from the fact that any of them could break Kimiho in two.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

lots of monster girls are motorboat ayyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Spoiler: MC is not actually human, but a humanoid species with extreme stamina and regeneration.

I submit that the main character has magic main character plot armor, as the reason for not being dead yet. Also Miia is best girl.

• Locked thread