Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Gamerofthegame posted:

alright so the last two games i scumhunted with perfect accuracy

Imma try it again but I dunno even how many scum are gonna be around this time. Six?? What's the ratio for this poo poo I want to keep the streak

how does this help us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Please say it then.

What are you, my boss?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Max posted:

What are you, my boss?

What's your objection?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Max posted:

What are you, my boss?

I'm just interested, Mr. Max. Please make the statement.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why the insistence? You know how I feel.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Why the insistence? You know how I feel.

Why the push back?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why dodge the question?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

QuoProQuid posted:

how does this help us

it doesn't help you, you're right.

scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Why dodge the question?

I am letting the question hit me square in the chest and fall to the floor. Why are you avoiding posting the statement?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why do you need me to specifically make that statement when I've answered it in spirit.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like, if someone truncated that statement to "I'm town, 'x' is town," would that satisfy you, or would you ask them to rephrase it exactly the way you have asked?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Gamerofthegame posted:

it doesn't help you, you're right.

scum.

I'm just trying to figure out how you think set-up speculation is in any way useful, especially on D1 when there are multiple other tangents to pursue. It's just a little pointless and distracting, friend. :)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Like, if someone truncated that statement to "I'm town, 'x' is town," would that satisfy you, or would you ask them to rephrase it exactly the way you have asked?

I would appreciate a specific conjunction, yes. You may use and if you would like.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I think it was an empty scummy statement.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm not going to say it.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Max posted:

Why do you need me to specifically make that statement when I've answered it in spirit.

You're being awkward and self-conscious about the whole thing. It's not so much about posting the statement, as much as it is about you avoiding an issue that could have been really easily resolved for no apparent reason.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Max posted:

I think it was an empty scummy statement.

What makes it scummy?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It could have been resolved by taking my "Yeah, sure" answer and leaving it there.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Oh hey a role PM. I swore I dreamt finding that on my phone at 3am.
I'm a first timer please don't call me scum tia.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

QuoProQuid posted:

What makes it scummy?

"Hi, I have a good track record and now I will speculate on how many people are here publicly for no reason." <- I don't understand the impetus for making that post aside from wanting to create content for the sake of looking helpful.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

"Hi, I have a good track record and now I will speculate on how many people are here publicly for no reason." <- I don't understand the impetus for making that post aside from wanting to create content for the sake of looking helpful.

Mafia Edit: "How many scum are here"

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Is this the point where I make the comment that most d1 posting is worthless until we get a flip of some sort?

I think it is.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

It could have been resolved by taking my "Yeah, sure" answer and leaving it there.

Nope.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Spoonsy posted:

Is this the point where I make the comment that most d1 posting is worthless until we get a flip of some sort?

I think it is.

I legit hate this mindset.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

We're between a rock and a hard place, because I'm not going to make that statement.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

We're between a rock and a hard place, because I'm not going to make that statement.

Can I ask why not?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

To me, it looks like Keane is playing a variation of the Synx Gambit (1), which I don't see as harmful. I don't understand what you mean by it "speculat[ing] on how many people are here for no reason," because the point seems to be getting reactions out of people.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

MAFIA EDIT: The above post was made in response to this post:

Max posted:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Spoonsy posted:

I think it is.

thats dumb

all content is worthwhile

all content is created equal

endowed by their creator with certain inalienable value

Max
Nov 30, 2002

QuoProQuid posted:

MAFIA EDIT: The above post was made in response to this post:

That post was about Gamer.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

QuoProQuid posted:

thats dumb

all content is worthwhile

all content is created equal

endowed by their creator with certain inalienable value

As long as I don't have to make a 30 page deck about the content and how the integrated marketing team is going to create, track, measure, and report on it, I'm happy

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Can I ask why not?

You can ask, yes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max why are you refusing to post the statement directly?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Because I don't understand what information you could glean from it that you couldn't from what I've already said.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Max posted:

That post was about Gamer.

Sorry, I thought this post (1) was part of the ongoing conversation between you and Keane and was asking why you thought Keane's post was an "empty scummy statement."

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Because I don't understand what information you could glean from it that you couldn't from what I've already said.

I think it will be a useful statement to have.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max do you think the derail about this is more useful? Because I am not planning on backing down either, and I will stop if you make one post in a specific format with content that you ostensibly agree with.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

QuoProQuid posted:

Sorry, I thought this post (1) was part of the ongoing conversation between you and Keane and was asking why you thought Keane's post was an "empty scummy statement."

No, I was talking about Gamer's "I'm here and ready to talk about how many scum may be in this game." statement, which I just kinda voted him for.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Max do you think the derail about this is more useful? Because I am not planning on backing down either, and I will stop if you make one post in a specific format with content that you ostensibly agree with.

What will happen at the end of Day 1 when I have not made that statement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

What will happen at the end of Day 1 when I have not made that statement?

My guess would be you hanging by your neck.

• Locked thread