Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

You will not suffer I'll effects unless you are scum.

How can I trust someone who can't spell 'Ill' correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Max posted:

How can I trust someone who can't spell 'Ill' correctly.

Phone posting.

You are scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK cool, can we move on from this now, it's tedious.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
Oh my god shut the hell up, 3 goddamn pages of TRAP SPRUNG bullshit.

Keane we are not at your beck and call to post whatever inane things cross your mind.

The last two Max votes look terrible, btw.

##vote Gamer

Max
Nov 30, 2002

loving thank you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

OK cool, can we move on from this now, it's tedious.

No.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

Oh my god shut the hell up, 3 goddamn pages of TRAP SPRUNG bullshit.

Keane we are not at your beck and call to post whatever inane things cross your mind.

The last two Max votes look terrible, btw.

##vote Gamer

Seems like somebody really likes Max!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh OK.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Because I think you are scum, Max.

You have dodged making the statement phrased in the way I requested, demanding an explanation and role fishing from there. You entertain the possibility of making the statement with alternate phrasing, but then refuse to do so in a more definitive way.

There is no way a town people would be okay with "I am town, x is town" and not "I am not scum, nor is x". Concerns about trap phrasing and such are garbage since town doesn't give a fart about their phrasing. They don't need to. Anything a townie says is something a townie would say.

Max's behavior w/r/t is scummy through and through. He is scum.

Here is my case on Max. I stand by it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Here is my case on Max. I stand by it.

I had no problem with the phrase, I had many problems with your insistence that I use that exact phrase after I answered the question.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

I had no problem with the phrase, I had many problems with your insistence that I use that exact phrase after I answered the question.

Then just post that phrase and call me out all you want.

You are saying that the phrase is fine, but I am suspicious.

Okay.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Then just post that phrase and call me out all you want.

You are saying that the phrase is fine, but I am suspicious.

Okay.

I am saying move on.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

I am saying move on.

I am saying no, and obstinate refusal is something you are familiar with so thus should come as no surprise.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Let me state that differently:

I had no problem with the phrase, but happened to answer your question in a way you didn't find satisfactory. You then highlighted this fact and told me to re do it. I have no reason to trust you one way or another, and am now being obstinate because I think it's dumb of you to keep bringing it up. I also think this has caused two people to make some rather scummy votes on me, one of which I had already found kind of scummy for totally different reasons.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.

CCKeane posted:

Seems like somebody really likes Max!

Like? That's not it. I think the votes on him are piling up for silly reasons, and I think you are basically the mafia game equivalent of Scott Farkus, trying to get Max to say uncle.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Let me state that differently:

I had no problem with the phrase, but happened to answer your question in a way you didn't find satisfactory. You then highlighted this fact and told me to re do it. I have no reason to trust you one way or another, and am now being obstinate because I think it's dumb of you to keep bringing it up. I also think this has caused two people to make some rather scummy votes on me, one of which I had already found kind of scummy for totally different reasons.

Oh okay, so you are being obstinate not to help the town, but because you are too proud to concede. Gotcha.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Like? That's not it. I think the votes on him are piling up for silly reasons, and I think you are basically the mafia game equivalent of Scott Farkus, trying to get Max to say uncle.

Oh no, scum are being buffaloed!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Oh okay, so you are being obstinate not to help the town, but because you are too proud to concede. Gotcha.

Why should I trust that what you are doing will help town and isn't some kind of scum role?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Why should I trust that what you are doing will help town and isn't some kind of scum role?

Please tell me what you think that scum role would be.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

No clue.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, I am now driving home.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Also, I am now driving home.

Driving home TO SCUM CASTLE.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

This is in opposition to this:

Max posted:

And for the record, I think you are town and just got over-eager because you thought you caught someone. It's disingenuous to say that town wouldn't care about phrasing when you specifically direct me to say something in a certain way after the question has already been answered and you should know better.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

So, to be clear, Max thinks that neither himself nor Quidnose are scum, but refuses to post that explicitly, because that could be a trap phrase, but doesn't think I am scum, but thinks I may be scum with a scum power, and isn't role fishing but really wants to know why I am on this and why it could be useful.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Because despite what I thought was a clear explanation as to why I thought that, you are still hounding me, and at the end of the day I don't know if you are town or scum and won't participate in this thing you are doing.

OK now I'm actually driving home.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hmmm yes this seems like townie play to me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

And for the record, I think you are town and just got over-eager because you thought you caught someone. It's disingenuous to say that town wouldn't care about phrasing when you specifically direct me to say something in a certain way after the question has already been answered and you should know better.

Max thinks I could be scum or town, either way, really.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

CCKeane posted:

keane, i was with you initially but this argument has now gone on multiple pages without any sign of progress. you keep saying the same thing, which causes max to say what he has been saying for the past few pages. unless there is something exceptionally new that you would like to draw attention to, i dont see any point in continuing this debate for another five pages. discussion seems stagnated. the original issue is a distraction at this point.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Hmm... re-reading.

Hm.

##unvote

CCKeane posted:

Why is it important for him to say the exact phrase? This is your only leading argument, which Quo immediately jumps on you with.

CCKeane posted:

Ahahaha scum post, how do you know Quid is town?

QuoProQuid posted:

Weird self-conscious post.

##vote: Max

And hasn't let up on.

Keane, why does the pedantic way he phrases the request matter and why are you so deadset on him being scum because of it, some ten posts in? That's awfully confident of you, and of Quo to saddle up with you. And Wins for that matter, later.

He asks you why and you lambast him for "rolefishing." Why does it matter? Do you think Max is scum because he phrased something differently?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

You're free to post your cases.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I lied, I decided to check this before I turned on my car. Gamer is literally role fishing.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Squint.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Well that took hardly any pressure for you to move your vote, now did it?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

I lied, I decided to check this before I turned on my car. Gamer is literally role fishing.

I was about to say the same thing before I checked the thread again so...yeah, I agree with you.

Let's be friends forever.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Well that took hardly any pressure for you to move your vote, now did it?

Doing my part of the gambit friend. :)

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Gamerofthegame posted:

Hmm... re-reading.

Hm.

##unvote

Why is it important for him to say the exact phrase? This is your only leading argument, which Quo immediately jumps on you with.

This is exactly the issue that Keane was attacking Max for. Asking for the explicit reason for the phrase can harm the town. If the reason is role related, and Keane answers intelligently, then it basically outs Keane as a power role. That's what rolefishing is, an attempt to expose a player by asking leading questions. By remaining silent on the issue, we avoid a whole host of messy issues.

In addition, there are two Quids in this game. Quidnose and QuoProQuid. If you reread Max's posts, he is referring to Quidnose.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Do I need to read this Max & Keane interchange, because this is insufferable.

Did Max eventually figure out / was he told that Keane is clearly setting up posts to be lie detected and that "Yeah, sure" won't work with a lie detector submission.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I just went back to try and read it and yeah, I'm not reading that.

Someone fill me in on what that poo poo was.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Gamer seems more confused and unaware than he does suspicious to me. It's rolefishing, yes, but don't really get a scummy vibe off his last post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

To avoid confuse I will refer to Quidnose as Poopface McGillcuddy and QuoProQuid as Baron Von Diaper.

• Locked thread