Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The 3DS trilogy is also the first time they've gone back and fixed instances of typos and engrish.

We're never getting Zero Mission, are we

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH

Boo hiss!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

There's a bit of a 3D effect, and the sprites are higher resolution so they aren't just recycled from the DS games. That and being all in one package so you're not swapping carts.

And that's about it. Worthwhile if you want to play the games again, but if you don't have the itch then there's no real point. I thought it was cheap enough that even though I already own the games on DS, I bought it again to play them without looking for the carts. Also having access to the home menu is great.

Thanks! The improved sprites are tempting, but not sure if I'll pick it up.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They're improved in the sense that they're based off the HD iOS assets but with some of the extra animation frames that were missing from the iOS ports for whatever reason. They also used the high-quality arranged music from one of the OSTs, I think.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

The best thing about the 3DS Ace Attorney Trilogy is that you can now skip unread text.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Zat posted:

The best thing about the 3DS Ace Attorney Trilogy is that you can now skip unread text.

:stare:

... definitive version, buy it.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I actually just started playing the Trilogy version of the first game. I gave my cart of it to a friend a long time ago so it was nice to play it. That was one reason I bought the Trilogy (to replace my missing copy of AA1), and I suppose just to have a handy copy digital copy of the 3 games in one.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Some music tracks in AA3 are really messed up though, also Grossbergs Macarena reference got changed to a Harlem Shake.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Healbot posted:

Some music tracks in AA3 are really messed up though, also Grossbergs Macarena reference got changed to a Harlem Shake.

burn everything

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

man nurse posted:

The 3DS trilogy is also the first time they've gone back and fixed instances of typos and engrish.

We're never getting Zero Mission, are we

Gotta have faith brother.

The Kenster
Jun 21, 2013

First of all, that Clocktown could really use a floating celestial object of doom... With a face!

Healbot posted:

Grossbergs Macarena reference got changed to a Harlem Shake.

Well, the Harlem Shake was already there.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I didn't notice this, then again my version of T&T is German/French.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

AccountingNightmare posted:

Did they end up patching the Zelda Oracles games so you can access the Advance Shop?

Also if I already own the Ace Attorney trilogy on DS, is the Trilogy collection on 3DS worth it? Any interesting new additions or is it just straight ports?

You can sort of brute force the GBA rings into the game if you understand how the password system works, there are charts for it online.

Alternatively you can use this password generator but it would automatically start you on a Hero's Secret game than a fresh game.

The Kenster
Jun 21, 2013

First of all, that Clocktown could really use a floating celestial object of doom... With a face!

Healbot posted:

I didn't notice this, then again my version of T&T is German/French.

In that same scene, Grossberg's hemorrhoids do the boogie woogie in French, the chicken dance in German, tap dance in Italian, and St. Vitus' Dance (:stare:) in Spanish. It very well could be a different scene where the Macarena is brought up, or it could be some weird version thing.

Finding all of this reminded me of how fun it is to look at all of the different Ace Attorney localizations. It's really interesting to see how they translated all of the puns and cultural references in so many different ways.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Also, 3d Streets of Rage 2 has been pushed back a week to July 23.

the worst loving news

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Just registered a bunch of Club Nintendo codes I had lying around (most were expired, but it accepted a few), and did some digital surveys, and I now have 2 of those game cases on their way to me. :unsmigghh:

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

irlZaphod posted:

Just registered a bunch of Club Nintendo codes I had lying around (most were expired, but it accepted a few), and did some digital surveys, and I now have 2 of those game cases on their way to me. :unsmigghh:

They should arrive in time for Christmas!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

The last thing I got from CN arrived pretty quick! That was the Link Between Worlds soundtrack. The Smash soundtrack arrived very quick too.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
If I enjoyed Danganronpa, would I enjoy AA? It looks good from what I've seen, I'm trying not to spoil it in case I do pick it up.

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH

Mr. Fortitude posted:

You can sort of brute force the GBA rings into the game if you understand how the password system works, there are charts for it online.

Alternatively you can use this password generator but it would automatically start you on a Hero's Secret game than a fresh game.

Oh I forgot all about the password generators. Thanks!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Watrick posted:

If I enjoyed Danganronpa, would I enjoy AA? It looks good from what I've seen, I'm trying not to spoil it in case I do pick it up.

AA is better than Dangan Ronpa in every way

So yeah you will

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Watrick posted:

AA is good, but quality can vary wildly from case to case. Most feel that the second game is weak until the final part, for example. Though personally I feel this is all relative, and even the worst AA case is pretty fun to play through (4-3 excepted because of repeated FMVs).

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Watrick posted:

I dunno poo poo about poo poo about Danganronpa, but the AA games are super good and you should play them.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I thought the mysteries and twists and turns of the actual murders were far more interesting in AA than either Danganronpa, and to be honest I never cared for half of the court mechanics in Danganronpa either (the 2nd didn't make them any better).

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Dangan Ronpa is great and if you enjoyed anything about those games you absolutely owe it to yourself to play the Ace Attorney series.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
It looks like I'll be giving AA a go. Thanks for the feedback y'all.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL dudes, https://eshop.nintendo.net/redeem#/ now works with PAL NNIDs, so now you can redeem eShop codes remotely.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

About time they expanded that.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I am a bit upset at that WiiU indie thing not also being on the 3DS. Ugh, I bought an Eshop card and I'm just sitting on it now.

What are some decent DLC maps in FE:A, I have the EXP/gold set already, and would like something that either makes it easier to raise relationships, or just isn't end game hard, as I'm still trying to get a few straglers up in levels.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Dakko Dakko (Scram Kitty) is bringing Year Walk to Wii U, and it sounds like they're making an effort with the port, too: http://simogo.com/2015/07/14/year-walk-is-coming-to-wii-u/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uVxwrsFbbQ

quote:

As you can imagine we are beyond excited about this; we’ve been wanting to make something for Nintendo hardware ever since we started Simogo, and the day is finally here.

There’s a lot to say about it, so we’ll jump right into it.
First of all. No, this is not a simple port. We knew that we wouldn’t want to hand Year Walk off to a porting studio, yet we wanted a fresh view on the game to make it feel new, exciting and home on the platform. So we’ve worked together with someone we knew we could trust to do this – our friends Dakko Dakko.

The game has been totally rebuilt for the platform, with the Wii U GamePad tightly integrated into the game. It’s hard to imagine that it was not made for Wii U originally – that’s how home it feels. Without spoiling anything, we’ll share what’s new and why you should be excited (and please have a look at the trailer above to see these features in action!)

• The GamePad Touchscreen
You might have expected that the encyclopedia, the map, and (optional) hints are now always available, you just need to lower your gaze to look at the GamePad screen and they’re there. But, that’s not all we’re using the screen for …

• Note-taking
Now that you have a separate touchscreen with a stylus in front of you at all times, you can take notes and jot down puzzle ideas and solutions without having to resort to a pen and paper. If you have played Year Walk, you know how useful this will be. Not much to say here than that it feels awesome!

• Motion Controls
So – if you’re using the touchscreen to navigate the encyclopedia, the map etc, how do you control the game? With motion controls! And it feels so, so, great.
Yes, we know, motion controls can be a bit scary, and frankly not very good if not done right, so we’re going to explain a bit how it works:

You use the left stick to walk (and it feels pretty good to do so with analog controls!). But, to look around and find things to interact with, you’ll point and move the GamePad with very relaxed and subtle motions. It’s very reminiscent of using the Wii Remote to point at the TV, or mouse controls, but perhaps even more relaxed, as you don’t have to point it towards the TV. You can rest the GamePad neatly in your lap. We’re very proud of this and we think we’ve made some really cool innovations with the motion-based cursor controls.

Unlike the PC-version, which used cursor controls to interact with puzzles and contraptions, we now use custom motion controls for almost every puzzle. For example, if you find something in the forest that you can spin or rotate, you’ll physically rotate the GamePad, with really finely tuned controls. The GamePad rumbles and makes lovely sounds (make sure you have the volume all cranked up on it!), and it just feels amazingly tactile – like you’re actually holding the objects in your hands.

• Languages
Previously, Year Walk have only been available in English. Year Walk for Wii U is the first and only version which you will be able to play in English, French and Spanish, Italian and German.

• + SECRETS!
There’s a bunch of other fun and surprising things that has been changed and added, and we really don’t want to spoil them for you, but we can assure you that some of them will make you smile big time.

So, to be honest, we think that this is the definite and best version of the game.

Oh, and the last (and perhaps best) news is that Year Walk for Wii U is very near completion. We don’t have a firm release date yet, but we’re hoping late summer or early fall.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jul 14, 2015

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Year Walk owns and having the companion app just be on the gamepad is a really neat idea, worth a buy if you haven't played it

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOE may not be sending out early PR this week but they have Pokepark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure and Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time listed for release on Wii U this week.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Not that i give a poo poo about Pokepark but, another Wii Classic in another region and none from NoA come ooooonnn

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I've never even heard of Pokepark Wii.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

irlZaphod posted:

I've never even heard of Pokepark Wii.

I can tell you that no one was clamoring for it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's probably not worth caring about a pokemon game that doesn't have a colour/gemstone/single letter after it except maybe like snap

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Help Im Alive posted:

It's probably not worth caring about a pokemon game that doesn't have a colour/gemstone/single letter after it except maybe like snap

And Trozei and Puzzle and Typing and Conquest and Stadium/Colosseum and Pinball

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

less laughter posted:

And Trozei and Puzzle and Typing and Conquest and Stadium/Colosseum and Pinball

I'd strike out Trozei and add Mystery Dungeon (most of them, at least).

I just didn't like Trozei. It was one of those games that I only finished because I bought it and didn't have anything else to play.

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH

wall monitor posted:

I'd strike out Trozei and add Mystery Dungeon (most of them, at least).

I just didn't like Trozei. It was one of those games that I only finished because I bought it and didn't have anything else to play.

I haven't played the original Trozei, but Battle Trozei on the 3DS eshop kicks arse and isn't F2P garbage like Pokemon Shuffle.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Next week's JP VC releases: Mario Kart Super Circuit (GBA), Esper Dream (FC), Genghis Khan II: Clan of the Gray Wolf (SFC), Dungeon Explorer (PCE).

3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 has a JP release date, too; it'll be out next week (July 22).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

AccountingNightmare posted:

Battle Trozei on the 3DS eshop kicks arse and isn't F2P garbage like Pokemon Shuffle.

Agreed, most addictive game on the system and the amount of content is staggering.