Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I make fun of other mafia players sometimes, but really it's to cover up for my own insecurities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I like CCK. He is a cool and fun person.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I decide to knock a bunch of poo poo out at work and goddamn guys... is this what it's typically like?

I read the whole start of this conflagration as Max and Quid joking around:

Max posted:

Hey Quid, are you town this time?

Quidnose posted:

Yes Max! Are youuuuu?

Max posted:

Yes! I am looking forward to finally being town with you in a game.

Then CCKeane came in hard:

CCKeane posted:

Ahahaha scum post, how do you know Quid is town?

And admittedly Max seemed to act a little defensive:

Max posted:

This is more of an inside joke because the two of us keep ending up on opposite sides when we've played recently, but OK, blow it up if you want.

Still though, dang. I don't really see a lot of tea leaves to be read, here. Can't we be friends until the murdering starts in earnest? :peanut:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

zzyzx posted:

I like CCK. He is a cool and fun person.

This is common knowledge, yes.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

That one's gonna be awkward when the polygraph results come back.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I don't think Max is scummy for refusing to say whatever-ever.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Oh, uh, me n' Nth are town. REPRESENTIN', LIE DETECTOR?!

the hell is this lie detector nonsense when has that been a thing

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Quinquereme posted:

PM received!
Hi :sun:

##vote Quinquereme

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Gamerofthegame posted:

It's a p rare role but I've seen it. Amoeba ran a cool game once where there was a scum faction that won by cursing certain words that would kill people when they used them.

I don't think there's a pro-town version lie detector role like that in play here cos it'd be silly to cause such a fuss about it D1.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

yuming posted:

It's a p rare role but I've seen it. Amoeba ran a cool game once where there was a scum faction that won by cursing certain words that would kill people when they used them.

I don't think there's a pro-town version lie detector role like that in play here cos it'd be silly to cause such a fuss about it D1.

Why do you specify "pro-town version?" I can get Keane not being a lie detector and acting like he is, but I don't see Keane being scum lie detector. He's drawn a lot of attention to himself and I don't know what special benefit this fuss would give him.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

yuming posted:

This is really the angle I'm coming at this from, too. Admittedly I only read up on the Lie Detector role a few minutes after my last post. It hadn't come up on previous wiki browsings.

Gamerofthegame posted:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I think you're town, too. :hfive:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

##vote yuming

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Gamerofthegame posted:

i dont know if you are just an awkward player or what, but half your posts read as disingenuous and make me nervous.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

QuoProQuid posted:

Why do you specify "pro-town version?" I can get Keane not being a lie detector and acting like he is, but I don't see Keane being scum lie detector. He's drawn a lot of attention to himself and I don't know what special benefit this fuss would give him.
Because I was talking about a scum role the line previous.

Keanes behavior is neutral imo that's why I didn't comment on him.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Quidnose posted:

##vote yuming
Hi. :sun:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hello yuming.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I seriously cannot tell if we are still in joke phase or not.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I never joke, Ninth.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
I'm catching up to the 40 some odd posts since work

Max posted:

it just didn't dawn on me that he could have a role

Could you explain this line?

wins32767 posted:

##unvote Max

He's stubborn town for sure.

That's some strong language there, care to elaborate what changed your mind since this:

wins32767 posted:

Awkward post detected.

##vote Max

Because according to this, your vote was just gut:

wins32767 posted:

This vote is lazy reasoning. My vote was gut. There is a difference.
I'd just like to know what happened to make you go from a gut scum read to a sure town read in the course of a few hours.

Ok that's basically all I missed.

More people need to vote Gamer.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

CCKeane posted:

I never joke, Ninth.

I never phase, Ninth.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

I seriously cannot tell if we are still in joke phase or not.

I really do want to say that this is my favorite post of all time, though.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

I'd just like to know what happened to make you go from a gut scum read to a sure town read in the course of a few hours.

He dug in way too hard to have it be anything but a point of personal pride. You could argue that could happen as either scum or town, but in my admittedly rusty experience, that's a town behavior close to all the time.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

It's good to have you back btw lovely.

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem
Good evening everyone! :)

Sorry I haven't been around at all; we were out at house inspections all day (Sydney housing market :kingsley:) then had dinner with friends.

I just read through the last five pages and I'm very confused. I will think about it some more and post more later (maybe tomorrow morning).

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

wins32767 posted:

It's good to have you back btw lovely.

:glomp:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I disagree lovely eats poop.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Max posted:

And for the record, I think you are town and just got over-eager because you thought you caught someone. It's disingenuous to say that town wouldn't care about phrasing when you specifically direct me to say something in a certain way after the question has already been answered and you should know better.

I didn't like the max vote up until this post. Goddamn is this a scummy post

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Gamerofthegame posted:

On the flipside I asked this in Earthbound, too, so you know some precendant where this is a thing I like to do to get a decent idea of what I'm working with for the average game. It seems suspicious that you're taking a very vocal role in the discussion right now while trying to push this scum-tell on me to try and push away people's suspicions on you.

I agree with cckeane.

And this is just "nah he's just eager ignore him, rest of the game. Don't vote for me~"

##vote max

Fast moving thread tho

Gonna have to look at the rest of your posts cause I can't recall you making too many

I was fine with your speculation post because it tends to be one of those "scum" tells where the person ends up being town, but the vote on the guy who called you on it just looks so very opportunistic

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

WalrusWhiskers posted:

Yea to be honest it's pretty clear what Max is implying. CCKeane is being weird by being insistent that he has to phrase it a certain way, which kind of annoys me.

Being annoying isn't necessarily scummy though, and I like that he's trying to engage people to post.

Can we go back to this post?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Squiggly posted:

Gonna have to look at the rest of your posts cause I can't recall you making too many

I was fine with your speculation post because it tends to be one of those "scum" tells where the person ends up being town, but the vote on the guy who called you on it just looks so very opportunistic

That's fair. Max read me as scummy in the tail end of the argument, trying to invalidate Keane and push the narrative towards other folks, like me! Rude. However, in re-reading it Max came across far more frustrated then anything else, with Keane pushing an angle that was weird to me and felt somewhat forced. Both feel kinda suspicious to me now for differing, yet the few that jumped on his dick (Quo!) seem a lot more scummy because they saddled up with Keane and push the vote with him for a quick D1.

Right now I'm ambivalent.

merk posted:

I don't see anything wrong with it. No more then the other people who commented on the back and forth between Max and Keane. What do you see?

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
ICR's Official Day 1 Votecount!!!

a worthy uhh (0)
Amoeba102 (0)
CCKeane (1) - Puntification
fiery_valkyrie (0)
Gamerofthegame - Max
Max (3) - CCKeane Gameofthegame QuoProQuid Spoonsy wins32767
merk (1) - The Ninth Layer
Nth Docter (0)
Puntification (0)
Quidnose (0)
Quinquereme (1) - Yuming
Spoonsy (0) - Max
Squiggly (0)
The Ninth Layer (0)
WalrusWhisker (1) - Merk
WHICH WAY MADNESS (0)
wins32767 (1) - WalrusWhiskers
yuming (1) - Quidnose
zzyzx (0)

If something is wrong here, let me know. :siren: Also make sure to ##unvote before you ##vote again. :siren:

Iron Chef Ramen fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 12, 2015

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

##unvote for the time being. I agree with wins (1) that Max's reaction is too obstinate to be scum. After several pages of back and forth, I don't feel comfortable with my original read on him.

I'll take another look at Gamer. Part of my reluctance to focus on him was because of my feelings about Max.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

ICR's Official Day 1 Votecount!!!

If something is wrong here, let me know. :siren: Also make sure to ##unvote before you ##vote again. :siren:

*sniffs* mmmm it has that Classic Votecount smell.

you're welcome to name and shame at your discretion, too!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

merk posted:

What are your issues with it? I had my own at the time, but I'd like to hear other people's opinions on it.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I think it's QuoProQuid. Convenient posting, pushing lines that don't need to be pushed, following the crowd. Someone else read him and tell me I'm crazy

##vote QuoProQuid

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

QuoProQuid posted:

##unvote for the time being. I agree with wins (1) that Max's reaction is too obstinate to be scum. After several pages of back and forth, I don't feel comfortable with my original read on him.

I'll take another look at Gamer. Part of my reluctance to focus on him was because of my feelings about Max.

Since there's apparently a structure to these kind of statements: I am town, and so is Gamer.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

merk posted:

Fence sitting scum post. Yeah. I don't think I saw it when I skimmed.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

merk posted:

Why?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Because the dude who made the post is scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

Because the dude who made the post is scum.

I agree ##vote WalrusWhiskers

• Locked thread