Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Hey guys, is anybody interested in setting up a weekly skype avalon game or something? WE just played a game it was fun, would anybody be interested in playing tomorrow night?

id play avalon, but won't be able to tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Magnus Gallant posted:

Im not familiar with their work outside the matrix movies, of which I only really felt the first one was a good film. What are some of their other projects?

Yeah the only great matrix film is the original. Speed Racer has very mixed opinions but it's my favorite Wachowski film, I think it is absolutely worth watching even if you end up not liking it, and then there's the 3 hour Cloud Atlas, a movie that is really great (and has incredible make-up/costuming!), but maybe tries to take a little too much from the book to the screen.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Hey guys, is anybody interested in setting up a weekly skype avalon game or something? WE just played a game it was fun, would anybody be interested in playing tomorrow night?

yes

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ecco is now attempting to undermine the credibility of the new OP. Why, you might ask? I'm not sure even Ecco realizes why...

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

Yeah the only great matrix film is the original. Speed Racer has very mixed opinions but it's my favorite Wachowski film, I think it is absolutely worth watching even if you end up not liking it, and then there's the 3 hour Cloud Atlas, a movie that is really great (and has incredible make-up/costuming!), but maybe tries to take a little too much from the book to the screen.

The wachowskis did cloud atlus? I wasn't aware of that.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Magnus Gallant posted:

The wachowskis did cloud atlus? I wasn't aware of that.

it was a collaboration between them and the guy who directed Run Lola Run. it was the first time I saw 3 listed directors of a movie.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Somberbrero posted:

I'm through episode 6 of sense8 and I'm down for six seasons and a movie. I don't care where it goes, the Wachowski siblings put out media you just don't see anywhere else. Even Jupiter Ascending was incredible.

UGH YES when I saw Jupiter Ascending I leaned over to my movie buddy during the whole "red tape to claim your title" scene and went THIS MOVIE IS A HOT MESS AND I LOVE IT

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
how did i never hear of cloud atlas. it looks cool

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Ecco is now attempting to undermine the credibility of the new OP. Why, you might ask? I'm not sure even Ecco realizes why...

What're you talking about

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Uhhh

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Mar 27, 2020

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I want to go on record and say I don't like musical theater. It's boring and lame.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

still waiting on that public apology

you misinterpreted what I was saying dear

they worked really closely with mitchell though (he even made a brief cameo), and he gave the film his blessing.

the wachowskis are at their best when they have an actual author writing most of their dialogue.

As a movie it has its flaws that can only really be addressed by adding more screentime, and its treatment of racebending could have been handled better (e.g. in the book there's an actual comment on how people in Nea So Copros/Neo-Seoul have so much plastic surgery their eyes and faces look uncanny-valley, they could have had that line in the movie to explain away some of the bad yellowface).

But it is unironically and completely sincerely my favorite film. I cried when I first watched it and I watch it again every few months. It's so absolutely gorgeous. The book made me cry too, and the film captures a lot of what's so wonderful about the text.

Cool I'll have to check it out. The trailers looked good just never got around to see it

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I got about a fourth of the way into Bone Clocks earlier this year and all too quickly lost steam. I need to finish it up while I can still remember it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

still waiting on that public apology

I'm sincerely sorry that I worded my post in such a way as to even possibly be interpreted as a serious accusation of you actually being a pedophile. Instead, I meant it to convey my disgust at you defending drawn depictions of children cartoon characters engaging in sexual actions with each other, as well as imply the possibility you had an appreciation for such things you were defending. I assumed this would not offend you given your position.

I hope this resolves the issue.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
good enough. I forgive you. Don't do that again okay?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
How edgy of you

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

good enough. I forgive you. Don't do that again okay?

I wassincere in offering to give a stirring speech on camera in the fall

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm glad you two are friends again

What did you mean re: "bigot" in that post ec?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

You called Asiina a homophobe, presumably stemming from the disagreement you had about Gone Home. it was a joke in really bad taste.
Asiina is not a homophobe, but her criticism of Gone Home is essentially homophobic, yes.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I suppose we are all afraid of the unknown, and as gone home turned out to be utterly indistinguishable from its marketing well

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I still haven't played that game and I'm not sure I want to, but then again it seems people hate or love it on moral grounds and I couldn't give half a poo poo about stuff like that so maybe I should just enjoy the story. Would you guys say it is a "fun" game if you just don't care about the game message?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Never played it and I don't plan on playing it since I don't play boring rear end games.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
what kind of rear end games do you prefer?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I still haven't played that game and I'm not sure I want to, but then again it seems people hate or love it on moral grounds and I couldn't give half a poo poo about stuff like that so maybe I should just enjoy the story. Would you guys say it is a "fun" game if you just don't care about the game message?

You're just walking around a house, gathering in the story as you go. So if you like the story yes it's good, but I wouldn't call it a 'fun' game, no.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

uranus posted:

Fast and furious

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Not mafia but I have started Murder Aboard Spaceship Nu 2.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3730628

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

uranus posted:

https://xkcd.com/37/

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I would much rather engage in rear end play than play rear end games

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Gone Home doesn't have a message, unless you think that "gay people exist" is a message.

It's a fantastically atmospheric game in which an empty house and the artifacts it contains tell a story about the people who live there. It's basically the Bioshock method of storytelling transplanted to a non-fantastic setting and without all the tedious shooting.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

Waoh you weirdo! :blush:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

If we take into account your affinity for playing mafia, we can safely conclude you are insanely into rear end play, making your statement rather easy to make

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

Gone Home doesn't have a message, unless you think that "gay people exist" is a message.

It's a fantastically atmospheric game in which an empty house and the artifacts it contains tell a story about the people who live there. It's basically the Bioshock method of storytelling transplanted to a non-fantastic setting and without all the tedious shooting.

Glad you enjoyed that video game :)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

bioshock's engine isn't all that complicated but it's fun and very satisfying

If we take into account your affinity for playing mafia, we can safely conclude you are insanely into rear end play, making your statement rather easy to make

that's not a very tasteful joke to make

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think I might like it, then. I am one of the few Bioshock fans.

What's all this about gay people existing, now? :pwm:

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

If we take into account your iq then we should all be very proud of you for stringing together 27 words that make sense in a row.

Good job!

Jk <3 you diqnol. :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

What's all this about gay people existing, now? :pwm:

they're the precursor of fallout's super mutants